The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2011, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdcharlie View Post
@RoyalReporter: There were chants for William too. But it was those people who'd already met William who particularly caught my attention.

@LynneBell1: Crowd chanting"kate1 Kate! Kate!" and "Will! Will! Will!"#royal visit
Thanks for posting that I didn't see that tweet and I totally agree with Humera's comments, I really cannot understand the British Press.

Also here are some pics:
cambridge - News, photos, topics, and quotes

So the BBQ is set to start at 6pm EST and end 7:30pm EST according to CBC

Old 06-30-2011, 06:08 PM
Aristocracy

wish she would have picked another dress from erdem...maybe floral for next day.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:22 PM
Serene Highness

Welcome to Canada Your Royal Highnesses!!!

Oh, how I wish I could have gotten to Ottawa, but just was not happening. At least I can enjoy the visit thanks to the magic of TV and w/all of you too.

My favourite part, was at the War Memorial and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier. I really loved the addition of there being a Bouquet for Kate to lie beside William's wreath. I've never seen that before, but what a lovely and respectful addition to the Ceremony.

For those who would like a better look at Canada's National War Memorial and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier...

I took these pictures when in Ottawa January of 2006 attending as a fan the 2006 Canadian National Figure Skating Championships. I was packing the night before I left when my Dad came in and asked if we could talk. He came over and said that while he understood if I couldn't do it, because he knows that when you're at the Arena for an event like this, you're there for the Day, he had a Request.

He'll never have the chance to visit his brother/my Uncle Leslie's Grave in the Commonwealth War Graves Cemetary in England, but was hoping if I was able to find time, to visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier and in turn the National War Memorial and pay my respects in honour of him.

As I told him, I'd *make* the time. As it turned out, it was on the direct route of the Ottawa Transit bus I took as far as where I had to Transfer to take the one to the Arena. So I decided to make my visit on Saturday morning and...

My Photobucket Album ~ 2006 Canadian Figure Skating Championships

There are a couple of pics from the Championships, but not that many as the arena lighting and my camera didn't like each other very much. The majority of the photos there are of the National War Memorial and the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

Anyway...I just thought I'd share that w/those of you who would like a closer look of both the War Memorial and the Tomb of Canada's Unknown Soldier.

Looking forward to tomorrow and Canada Day!!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 06:28 PM
Aristocracy

Totally in sync with each other @ 1:00 ....amazing!

Old 06-30-2011, 06:34 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillKate
Totally in sync with each other @ 1:00 ....amazing!

Not to be picky but no they weren't- Catherine was a hair of a second behind him (doesn't matter, just saying)
Old 06-30-2011, 06:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Updates from the BBQ
Quote:
SPerryPeoplemag Simon Perry

When William and Kate walked in to the Tent Room at Rideau Hall it fell silent. William quipped 'talk among yourselves"
Quote:

Organisers of the barbecue for William and Kate have moved it inside - to the Tent Room at Rideau Hall - because of the rain

17 minutes ago
Old 06-30-2011, 06:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta
Kate looked pretty with her hair pulled back. Her black lace dress is lovely, but not before 5pm --- it's a cocktail dress. But nobody cares, so we'll just enjoy it.
I don't think it's a cocktail dress just because it's before 5. It looks like a simple sleeveless dress with a lace overlay.
Old 06-30-2011, 06:51 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Kate is a new more casual outfit, wedge-style shoes. William in open-necked shirt and khaki-colored jeans

2 minutes ago
I swear we better get pics of this and oh I cannot keep up with these reporters I swear and I'm on minimal amount of sleep right now so that doesn't help.

Info on Kate's dress:
Quote:
RoyalReporter Richard Palmer

Kate's wearing a black and white Bird dress by Issa at a barbecue she and William are attending with 120 young Canadians tonight.

7 minutes ago
Old 06-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Aristocracy

Getty Images - Browser non supportato rilevato
Old 06-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Prince William and Kate Middleton on royal visit to Canada | Mail Online
Old 06-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Majesty

Whew! Just got through everything (spent about an hour watching the arrivals/war memorial coverage, but didn't see anything regarding the event[s] later this evening)! What a great start. Their people skills are flawless! I think politicians and celebrities should take leafs out of William and Catherine's book when it comes to interactions with the public/fans.

Looking forward to the rest with great anticipation.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Well done, William, great speech!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghost_night554
I swear we better get pics of this and oh I cannot keep up with these reporters I swear and I'm on minimal amount of sleep right now so that doesn't help.

Info on Kate's dress:
The black/white Issa bird dress is one worn day before the wedding with the white blazer.....
Old 06-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Heir Apparent

ooh! I really liked that one. For people who don't remember it here's a freshen up.
http://9b.img.v4.skyrock.net/9b7/the...3_qWkM8zMK.jpg
Old 06-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – The Netherlands

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge meet with people at a youth event in Ottawa

Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 ** Pic 8

Photos from Zimbio without watermark

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge visit the National War Memorial and place a wreath on the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:35 PM
Gentry

Here are some of my shots from this afternoon's official welcoming ceremony for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Rideau Hall. Click on the photo below for the full gallery.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Heir Apparent

Bweir congrats on getting to see the royal couple. How was the experience? Your pics look amazing as always. Thank you for sharing them with us.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Courtier

Thanks for sharing your pictures, bweir.

For those who don't know :

Left to right : Laureen Harper, prime minister's wife, Stephen Harper, prime minister, Duchess and Duke of Cambridge (of course !), David Johnston, governor general
Old 06-30-2011, 07:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bweir View Post
Here are some of my shots from this afternoon's official welcoming ceremony for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at Rideau Hall. Click on the photo below for the full gallery.

Thank you for sharing! You have captured some lovely shots. William's facial expressions in some of the pictures are very endearing.

Edit: Thank you JulieS for the 'who is who'. Always good to know who we're looking at (besides the obvious of course).

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-30-2011, 07:46 PM
Courtier

Prince William's speech in French and English :

YouTube - ‪Prince Willam's bilingual Canada speech in full‬‏