Duke and Duchess of Cambridge: Tour of Canada - Sept 24-Oct 1, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Folks I don't want to be rude, but can we keep this thread about the Royal Tour?

I'm sure there is a thread for 'Kate Middleton vs The Duchess of Cambridge'

:D :wub: Extended 9 min video. ...]
Around 50 seconds after George indicates he want to get off the pony - his Dad says something like - "give him a sweep first." Can anyone make that out?

I truly enjoyed watching the kids at the party yesterday. The Cambridge kids and other kids looked like they had a good time. That Charlotte was too cute. She couldn't get enough of the balloons. George fell in love with the bubbles. Although the biggest kid there was, William.

You can't help but fall in love on how beautiful the Cambridge family are. William and Catherine houses must be full of joy, laughter and lots of activity.

No need to worry folks! The 'Kate Middleton' title will change once she becomes The Princess of Wales. Although it won't be correct, the media will start calling Catherine 'Princess Kate' or 'Princess Catherine.'

Last edited:
Love the party pics! Was thinking, the similarities between Prince Charles/Princess Anne, William/Harry and George/Charlotte are striking. The first born tends to be reserved, a bit hesitant, and the second born is rambunctious, and the ring leader. I guess that's common in many families...the firstborn is fussed over and the second is allowed more freedom. Sweet.

Except, when William and Harry were little William was known as being very outgoing, rumbunctious, adventurous, while Harry was inclined to be timid and shy. Their personalities changed after a few years. I believe Penny Junor the writer blamed this on the departure of nanny Barbara Barnes, whom William was close to.

I agree Charlotte appears to be more outgoing at the moment, (George looked a bit anxious at times) but then she's a baby really, and not so aware of cameras and media as George.

Last edited:
One thing we know to be true now is that the Cambridge children absolutely love bubbles and balloons. I really got a kick watching Charlotte's interactions with the guy that made things with balloons. I don't believe that George has inherited his Gan-Gan's affection for horses quite yet. Along with not wishing to remain on the pony for long, he also seemed to want to rub horsey off of his hands after petting it.

Both kids are an absolute joy to watch and I'm sure they're enjoying this tour of Canada as much as their parents are.

:D :wub: Extended 9 min video. You can hear the conversation at 1:16

George: Mummy?

Kate: Hello poppet!

William: George we're here

George: I want to go do some bubbles

some time ago there was a rumour that william called kate poppet - i guess this confirms that rumour as it is indeed a sweet word used in that family to call each other!

First photos from today. Kate's wearing a gorgeous green blazer.

Are George and Charlotte going on a walkabout tomorrow?

An Australian reporter crossing live from Canada this morning, told us that tomorrow, the general public will have a chance to meet the Royal children before they fly out.

Are George and Charlotte going on a walkabout tomorrow?

An Australian reporter crossing live from Canada this morning, told us that tomorrow, the general public will have a chance to meet the Royal children before they fly out.

My guess is at the plane leaving. I'm sad it's almost over. :sad:

My guess is at the plane leaving. I'm sad it's almost over. :sad:

I've really enjoyed checking in each day too AdmirerUS.

My favourite coverage was of yesterday's party - can't be topped.

And the family altogether in their blue outfits at the arrival.

Also, the photos of Catherine and William edging along that rail track trying not to fall into the icy river below.

One wrong foot! :ohmy: Can you imagine?

(Such a nice change from photos of Royals getting out of a car, shaking an official's hand, sitting around, etc., etc.)

Thank you to Rudolph for excellent coverage from the centre of the action, to Ish for the first-hand account and personal photos, and to everyone else who kept up the flow of information. :flowers:

Last edited:
Cutest Moments From Prince George, Princess Charlotte At Children's Party in Canada - 7 mins of joy :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVgLs4xrMOs

Thank you Rudolph, by far the most comprehensive viewing of the playdate I've seen.

Both William and Kate had a bit of a job on theeir hands keeping Charlotte in check. She was definitely the leader of the duo on the day. George, a lot more hesitant, but followed her lead on loving the balloons!

I know most of the media was focused on the four, but it was nice to see a bit of interaction with the other mini guests, limited though it was. Of course, I imagine off camera plenty went on.

Based on the playdate footage alone, I think Charlotte will be the one to watch!

Thank you Rudolph, by far the most comprehensive viewing of the playdate I've seen.

Both William and Kate had a bit of a job on theeir hands keeping Charlotte in check. She was definitely the leader of the duo on the day. George, a lot more hesitant, but followed her lead on loving the balloons!

I know most of the media was focused on the four, but it was nice to see a bit of interaction with the other mini guests, limited though it was. Of course, I imagine off camera plenty went on.

Based on the playdate footage alone, I think Charlotte will be the one to watch!

It all looked very artificial and fake to me. William and Catherine simply can't act spontaneously in the way the younger Swedish and Danish royals can for example.

It all looked very artificial and fake to me. William and Catherine simply can't act spontaneously in the way the younger Swedish and Danish royals can for example.

Well I absolutely agree!

They are worlds apart in terms of behaviour. Kate takes her cue from William and he, unfortunately isn't the most forthcoming of royals.

Then again, when you are openly repremanded by the Queen on the Royal Balcony (of all places!) for getting down to engage with a little Curious George, and gets back up looking very sheepish, you've probably been brought up to overly mind your Ps and Qs!

But all we've seen is a snapshot after all, so who knows (other than those who were there) how the event went.

After all I've read about this, I am confused.
Technically, is the Queen the First Nations' Head of State? Is William technically their future head of state? Have there ever been documents executed between the two entities that does that?
I've read both things - that he is and that he met tribe leaders as an equal.
And Mods, if this does not belong here - feel free to re-position it.

Here are details of the royal tour by the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge for Saturday, the final day of their eight-day visit to B.C. and Yukon:

— The couple will be in Victoria at the Cridge Centre for the Family, where they will meet residents who receive shelter at the facility, and unveil a monument dedicated to people who have overcome adversity.

— The duke and duchess will be at the Breakwater Cafe and Bistro to meet with members of the Kelty Mental Health Resources Centre and watch an online demonstration of resources to access services.

— The royals arrive at the Inner Harbour and sail on the tall ship Pacific Grace with members of the Sail and Life Training Society. They will tour the deck and meet youth involved in the program and try steering the ship.

— An official ceremony will be held at the harbour seaplane terminal to mark the royals departure from Canada before they leave for the Victoria Airport Water Aerodrome aboard a seaplane.

580 CFRA News Talk Radio :: A look at where the royals are going Saturday :: News - National Article

After all I've read about this, I am confused.
Technically, is the Queen the First Nations' Head of State? Is William technically their future head of state? Have there ever been documents executed between the two entities that does that?
I've read both things - that he is and that he met tribe leaders as an equal.
And Mods, if this does not belong here - feel free to re-position it.

It appears that through the centuries there has been and is a separate relationship between the monarch and the peoples of the First Nations of Canada, and her representatives on Royal tours (as distinct from the Canadian government) but the relationship has been a complex one. (Unlike our aborigines in Australia, who never negotiated or signed treaties with anyone.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Canadian_Crown_and_Aboriginal_peoples

Last edited:
The Prime Minister, Justin Trudeau, today announced the Government of Canada's official gift to mark the Royal Tour of Their Royal Highnesses, The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.

The official gift is a donation of $100,000, which will be divided equally between two worthy initiatives.

The first $50,000 contribution will go to Prince's Charities Canada (PCC), and will be used to promote education in Canada's Indigenous communities and help more young people reach their full potential. It will also be used to help preserve Indigenous languages in Canada.

The second contribution of $50,000 will be given to the Immigrant Services Society of British Columbia to help assist newcomers with housing, employment, and language skills.

Canada looks forward to more visits from Their Royal Highnesses, especially during the upcoming celebrations to mark our 150th anniversary of Confederation.
Read more: Prime Minister announces gift to mark the Royal Tour of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge | FinancialContent Business Page

I've quite enjoyed this tour and it was great to see the kids the other day. They both looked to be enjoying themselves quite a lot, as children should. Will & Kate have been all smiles this tour, which is great. I enjoyed this tour far more than the Indian one, but I really shouldn't be comparing.

I'm also glad to have seen a lot of interaction with the First Nations communities on this tour. I'd like to see more of it. I know the royals aren't supposed to get political, but boy I'd love a comment or two about what's going on. :flowers:

First photos of today.

She's a lot like Letizia in that Kate has her uniform. The same kind of dresses, the long coats, or a blazer and skinny jeans. I can't hate, but it does make it nice when she switches it up now and again.

Back
Top Bottom