The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-21-2017, 02:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Picture Clips:
Princess Charlotte Making Sure She Do Her Job-
World of Windsor : cambridgedom: Charlotte sweetly gets the...

Catherine talking to members of the public-
http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/pos...-hamburg-didnt

http://worldofwindsor.tumblr.com/pos...-cambridge-was

A.W. TOZER
Old 07-21-2017, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Charlotte cracks me up. She's got a bit of her great aunt Anne in her and she can be all business. She observes her parents and then gets right in on the act and does a great "princess" job. She seems to have a good deal of self confidence.

George, I imagine, much more preferred to getting into that airbus and nosing around and checking everything out. Whomever gave Will and Kate that gift when George was born that said "Daddy's Little Co-Pilot" on it was right on the money. George seems as enthralled with things that fly as his dad and his uncle Harry were as little kids.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:14 PM
Majesty

Charlotte is precious. She cracked me up insisting on shaking the hand of the German official and then immediately turning shyly toward Mummy

George is beautiful with all that curly hair. They are storybook children, both of them.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-21-2017, 03:24 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

The terrible twos strike! Adorable Charlotte erupts into a tantrum as she refuses to board the plane at Hamburg airport (but it's all smiles from George who gets a helicopter tour as an early birthday treat)

Prince George gets a tour of a HELICOPTER in Hamburg | Daily Mail Online

Most annoying headline from DM - there was no tantrum and we are talking about toddlers. You can't please everyone I guess.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:31 PM
Majesty

Wasn't the poor baby crying because she had just taken a nasty spill out on the tarmac?

She was doing what many toddlers do when they fall down and hurt themselves. They cry for a minute and their parents try to comfort them. DOWN WITH THE FAIL!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 07-21-2017, 03:36 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Wasn't the poor baby crying because she had just taken a nasty spill out on the tarmac?

She was doing what many toddlers do when they fall down and hurt themselves. They cry for a minute and their parents try to comfort them. DOWN WITH THE FAIL!

If you watch the video, Charlotte seems to have a strop, and Catherine tells her off and she "falls" on to the tarmac. She then gets picked up, comforted and then she skips to the helicopter.

But yes the daily mail over-exaggerated as always.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:47 PM
Majesty

Thanks but what is a "strop"?

Anyway, I did see Kate lean down and speak to her after she fell(or threw herself down!) but I couldn't see that she was telling the child off or not.

And yes, she seemed perfectly happy again as she approached the plane but the Fail in their ever increasing reach for clicks liked the tantrum story better, I guess.

Old 07-21-2017, 03:50 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
One thing is obvious. Whomever writes this load of crap over at the Fail have absolutely no clue what its like to be a parent of a two year old.

Know what I'd love to see and wish I had the money to do it? Start up a publication where the sole job of the writers would be to nitpick on every mishap, every grammatical error, every little made up "scoop" and every little title they get wrong at the Fail. We could call it "The Daily Failure".

Any takers?
Old 07-21-2017, 03:57 PM
Majesty

I'm IN!

Old 07-21-2017, 04:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by polyesco View Post

looks like little Charlotte wanted to stay in Germany a bit longer lol
https://peopledotcom.files.wordpress...-12.jpg?w=1440
Charlotte don't wanna to leave for sure

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-I2U2woTQf...0649812371.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i0Xa7pmU8...0649413982.jpg
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-qN_84oyHb...0651727770.jpg
Old 07-21-2017, 04:55 PM
Courtier

Wow, those kids are adorable. I know a lot of people object to the Cambridges bringing their kids on the tour when they had very little "air time" and thus seeing it as pointless but seeing those videos of the couple teaching George and Charlotte to shake hands with officials, wave, walk in front of crowds and cameras makes me think that they see the tour as a learning opportunity for the kids. The couple clearly wants them to have a positive attitude towards their official roles and be comfortable in what they'll do in the future and this is one way to do it.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:03 PM
Heir Apparent

We take a look back at the best moments from the five-day Royal tour of Germany and Poland.

Prince William and Kate were accompanied by their children Princess Charlotte and Prince George who provided endless entertainment.

More: Best moments from Duke and Duchess of Cambridge's Royal tour of Poland and Germany
Old 07-21-2017, 05:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Beautiful pics of the family. George and Charlotte are beyond adorable as usual. William and Catherine have their hands full for sure, .
I have a granddaughter about Charlotte's age that lives with us (along with her mom and 2 siblings) ..and I can totally relate! lol

LaRae
Old 07-21-2017, 06:48 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Aw, well it certainly looked as if Charlotte enjoyed her time during the tour! It was cute to see George excited about the helicopter too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
Wow, those kids are adorable. I know a lot of people object to the Cambridges bringing their kids on the tour when they had very little "air time" and thus seeing it as pointless but seeing those videos of the couple teaching George and Charlotte to shake hands with officials, wave, walk in front of crowds and cameras makes me think that they see the tour as a learning opportunity for the kids. The couple clearly wants them to have a positive attitude towards their official roles and be comfortable in what they'll do in the future and this is one way to do it.
That's an interesting point and I agree. It's good that William and Catherine bought the children with them because, not only does it give them positive PR, but it also educates George and Charlotte about the world of royal tours and gives them more experience for the next one - which also means that they should be vaguely aware of what to expect.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-21-2017, 07:38 PM
Courtier

I wonder if they've taken a cue from Victoria and Daniel of Sweden and what they're doing with little Estelle? I'd love to see these two families meet.
Old 07-21-2017, 07:42 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
I wonder if they've taken a cue from Victoria and Daniel of Sweden and what they're doing with little Estelle? I'd love to see these two families meet.
I shouldn't think that they pay any attention to what other royals do. The children are not the same, their characters cannot be assumed to be the same.

The Cambridges do what they consider right for their own children.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 07-21-2017, 07:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i don't think the daily mail, or any other press, necessarily is attacking george and charlotte. they are just reporting on what they saw of them getting on and off the plane, which was very little, when the kids were probably tired and sleepy, so they just communicated that. it would be silly to suggest that they are attacking them or saying that they mean 'they are not behaving properly'. no one expects small children to be completely up to speed with this sort of event, even less so a 4 year old. i think we are reading too much between the lines.
I respectfully disagree. The Daily Mail is spinning the story to make it seem like Charlotte (and earlier in the tour George) are spoiled children who misbehave when they don't get their own way. Normal people know children are not robots. Personally, I think the children behaved really well in a strange environment.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Courtier

rI think George and Charlotte are just what they are, children growing up and learning.......nothing more and nothing less.

That video of Charlotte stomping her feet and then falling to the ground in not getting her own way was showing that dad and mom are going to have their hands full with her, she has some spit fire in her. George is one very handsome boy, and the look of pure joy on his in being in that helicopter was priceless. He seems like his dad and Uncle Harry that he is going to be very interested in flying one of those someday.....now he is the quiet shy guy and that is okay for he needs to learn how to deal with people as he gets older. Both parents are doing a wonderful job in taking their children with them on this tour, little by little they will become accustom to crowds and lots of other people around them yet still be careful. Oh I bet HM is delighted with this tour and watches with glee at her great grandchildren and seeing how well things went for all.

Now on to the next tour!
Old 07-21-2017, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

I've enjoyed seeing the children during the visit. I think Charlotte stole the show this time - she's at such a cute age - but George has grown into a lovely, very grown up looking little boy. It's hard to believe he's four already!
Old 07-21-2017, 09:49 PM
Heir Apparent

George just came alive in that helicopter, didn't he?

My dear mother, who had more common sense than anyone I have ever met would have taken one look at Charlotte today on the tarmac and said "That little girl needs a nap." That's all it was, except the cameras were on. I thought Catherine handled it deftly. I see far worse/longer/enduring/badly managed melt downs regularly at the grocery store.

Thanks to Poland and Germany for such a fun time!