The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Courtier

It would also be nice to see a photo of Prince George with all of his Grandparents as well. Maybe we will see one day. That could even be Prince Charles Christmas Card.

I think if any picture come next if when it does it will be of George with His Grandparents.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:38 PM
Courtier

From the Telegraph: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/1042...Christmas.html

The christening of Prince George marked the first time that four generations of monarchs — present and future — had gathered for a picture for more than a century. It was in 1894, at the christening of the future Edward VIII that such a majestic group had last sat for a photographer, when the baby was seen with his father, grandfather and great-grandmother — George V, Edward VII and Queen Victoria.
There was, however, one shot that William and Daniel Downey, the court photographers of Ebury Street, Belgravia, managed to take that Jason Bell appeared to have neglected in his much-talked-about set of photographs last month: the reigning monarch with the baby.
“Of course, it is the obvious shot and I don’t for one moment think that it didn’t occur to Mr Bell to take it,” a senior courtier tells me, somewhat teasingly, when I raise the question. “I mean, the man is a professional, after all. All I can really say on this matter is: 'watch this space’.”
Mandrake is reliably informed that Bell did indeed photograph the Queen holding Prince George, but the picture was witheld on the highest possible authority. The reason is simple. The Queen herself wishes to publish the picture — a touching study, so I am told — on her Christmas card this year. The two of them together may also, so I am told, appear on the card that the Cambridges send out.

Old 11-03-2013, 02:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
1988 ... it can be seen here (scroll down a little):

everythingroyalchristmascard3

That is such a lovely photo. That website is lovely, and this is my favourite image! Andrew looks like he is huffing.

I do hope we do see the Queen holding George in her Christmas card. She has sent many Christmas cards with her grandchildren in them, so why not her great-grandchildren.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
Regarding the christening being closed from the public, it's not William and Catherine being private, christenings in the BRF have always been private. It's only in the Scandinavian royal families (and some other European RFs, I'm not sure which as they're neither as big nor televised here in Denmark as the Norwegian and Swedish (the Swedish in particular) ones are) that it is customary to televise the christenings and make them big and public.
Yes but here, not even the PM was present -as he should..
The Cambridges over-did it -I think too..
Old 11-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamta View Post

Yes but here, not even the PM was present -as he should..
The Cambridges over-did it -I think too..
Why would David Cameron need to go to George's christening? It was a private family event. What was over done by the Cambridges? It was just immediate family and godparents.
Old 11-04-2013, 12:58 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by iisuzieii View Post
I don't think they took pics of the queen or the duke holding George...someone on twitter made a good point when the christening pictures were released that when is the last time you saw the queen holding a baby that wasn't her own...we haven't.
Might I suggest you check out that YouTube video of Zara's Christening posted on the previous page? It's not Princess Anne that carries Zara into the room where the Official Pictures were taken, it's HM. There's also a sweet moment just before they all come into the room where you can see Prince Charles giving his baby Niece and Goddaughter a kiss.

In fact, Zara looked quite comfy and snuggly in Granny's arms and was *not* happy to get moved over to her Mummy for the pictures.

I'm sure there's photos of George being held by the Queen. If we see them, we see them. If we don't, we don't. I love the pictures we did get and thought the 4 Generations one was lovely as well. If we see more, that's just a bonus AFAIC. :)
Old 11-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Heir Apparent

I have to admit I am looking forward to the release of any "significant" shots from the Christening as well. As to the event itself, I think that William and Catherine went a little bit too scant on the guest list. It just doesn't come across as a joyous occasion at all, more like . . . birth = check, leaving hospital = check, christening = check.

For most families Christenings are a big deal that the families get together and share. Weddings and christenings are traditional family fare and for this couple it just didn't happen. I really think they are taking their version of Garbo's famous quote, "I want to be let alone", to absolute extremes.

If they had had a family get together without including them in the shots it would not have mattered or even seemed odd because that's how it goes at weddings . . . main characters for the obligatory photos and the assembled family and friends celebrate together after that. But somehow it seems that Prince William is distancing himself further and further from everyone, not just the public. Frankly, we saw more of both he and his wife when he was still in the RAF!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:21 AM
Nobility

I think if one is followed their entire life by people with cameras in their hands, when even the most intimate moments are captured by people with telephoto lenses and the resulting pictures shared with the world, private moments would be at a premium. I can't say I blame William for wanting special moments to be shared with family only. I'll include Kate in that, as well, since she's been followed by cameras for over 10 years. We were allowed to see the family gathered outside the chapel, which is something I don't think many people expected. So I'm happy with that. :-)
Old 11-05-2013, 03:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinrit View Post
I think if one is followed their entire life by people with cameras in their hands, when even the most intimate moments are captured by people with telephoto lenses and the resulting pictures shared with the world, private moments would be at a premium. I can't say I blame William for wanting special moments to be shared with family only. I'll include Kate in that, as well, since she's been followed by cameras for over 10 years. We were allowed to see the family gathered outside the chapel, which is something I don't think many people expected. So I'm happy with that. :-)
I mainly agree with this but with regards to the Christening, I don't think there is any compromising of privacy during the time allocated for taking official photos. To allow a camera to film the family preparing/ reacting to this is a win win situation - we get to see them interacting as a real family rather than posing for photos, the media get the coverage and the popularity of the royal family is maintained :). We will have to wait and see whether the Christmas broadcast provides any footage - I am quite optimistic it will.
Old 11-10-2013, 02:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

the christening was beautiful! I miss a pictures with the godparents! great for wills and kate choice diana's friends like a godmother. someone see the baby harry picture in back of the picture with the four generations? that was a picture take for diana and she have it in kensington palace. now is in clarence house, is rare dor me that charles have some diana's thing.
Today the world has embraced new royal Princesses in the form of Mary of Denmark and Maxima of the Netherlands. But it's questionable whether even these hugely popular, increasingly glamorous future Queens will ever capture the world's imagination in the same way as Diana.
As Mario acknowledges: "She really was a true Princess".
-www.theroyalist.net-
Old 11-19-2013, 06:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Were there any godparents that are from Kate's friends or family?
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 11-19-2013, 07:31 PM
Aristocracy

Yes. Prince George christening, meet the godparents | Mail Online
Old 03-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Serene Highness

I like the fact that Hugh Grosvenor, Earl Grosvenor, was chosen to be a godparent for Prince George. This was nice because the Earl's mother, Natalia, is Prince William's godmother.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:33 PM
Serene Highness

The November 11, 2013 People magazine declared:

Including Carole, Michael, sister Pippa and brother James in the christening photo "was definitely a statement by Kate and William who will raise this child," says British maternity wear designer Rosie Pope, "and the whole family will be a part of them ultimately being King and Queen one day."
Old 05-07-2014, 09:20 PM
Courtier

The grandparents, aunts & uncles usually attend a christening.

The non-royal families of other royal babies were also photographed. The Middleton family in the photo means nothing except they are family to child.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:13 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post

Including Carole, Michael, sister Pippa and brother James in the christening photo "was definitely a statement by Kate and William who will raise this child," says British maternity wear designer Rosie Pope, "and the whole family will be a part of them ultimately being King and Queen one day."

I believe it means that Kate has two siblings and William has one. The child's aunt and uncles were included along with the grandparents and the great-grandparents.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla View Post

People magazine isn't exactly "the source" for all things true -- royal or otherwise! The Middleton's are the grandparents. Why wouldn't they be pictured?!

Diana's parents were in the photos from William's christening!
Old 05-08-2014, 08:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
People magazine isn't exactly "the source" for all things true -- royal or otherwise! The Middleton's are the grandparents. Why wouldn't they be pictured?!

Diana's parents were in the photos from William's christening!
People magazine may have errors. That is true.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:07 PM
Serene Highness

The Archbishop of Canterbury, the Most Reverend Justin Welby said:

'As a nation we are celebrating the birth of someone who in due course will be the head of state. That's extraordinary. It gives you this sense of forward looking, of the forwardness of history as well as the backwardness of history, and what a gift to have this new life and to look forward.'
Old 08-26-2014, 08:06 PM
Serene Highness

After Prince George's christening, Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, held a private tea at Clarence House.
The guests were served slices of christening cake.
The christening cake is a tier taken from William and Catherine's wedding cake.
I like the fact that the christening cake is from Prince George's parents' wedding cake.
A reminder of one happy event at an occurrence of a happy event!!!

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge