The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-24-2013, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

Nice pic, but so disappointed they didn't recreate the Queen Victoria picture with the Queen holding George. It's an opportunity missed I feel.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I had forgotten this about Julia Samuel. I had forgotten the whole backstory about Di's "retirement." This choice would make Diana smile for a large number of reasons. It makes me smile.
How Diana and Wills have helped a mother bring hope to grieving children | Mail Online
Very important choice someone that can give George a personal insight into who his Grandmother Diana was as a person and friend.
I think this was a really clever choice on Will and Kates part because it also gives connection to the philanthropic aspects to the role of being royal with the charity link as well as Diana.

Majesty

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 1m
#royal Interestingly there are no snaps with Godparents released to the press - Duke and Duchess' decision no doubt

Dr. Maya Angelou
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archduchess Zelia View Post
This one is my favourite. I love how HM is looking at little George. Catherine looks a little weird, but everyone look so happy. This one is fantastic as well, with the little lad holding his arms up
Kate looks way too photoshopped
Old 10-24-2013, 05:12 PM
Courtier

Very nice Photos. Well one to Jason Bell.

I was hoping that in the Four Generation Photos that the Queen would be holding Prince George like Queen Victoria holding Prince Edward (Later Edward VIII) but it is still a nice photo of The Queen and her Three Heirs and it a historical.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:13 PM
Nobility

I'm a bit surprised there isn't a photo with all the godparents. ...but, I'm not complaining - these are great!
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1 View Post
Is there anywhere to see it besides The Telegraph? I've gone over my 10 free articles a month, apparently.
If you use firefox as your browser you can open the site in a new private window and that should override the blocking.
Serene Highness

Well that's lovely, especially the group photos but i'm sorry to say that there's something quite weird about Catherine's face ...
Old 10-24-2013, 05:15 PM
Serene Highness

I LOVED the one of William, Kate and George, but am a little disappointed with the other pictures. I was hoping for something a little warmer, or closer or maybe seeing HM holding George, just didn't seem to be as good as I hyped it with myself. JMHO
Nobility

Love the photos. Surprised there wasn't one of the godparents.

As the godparents are personal friends rather than royals etc maybe they are taking the view that the godparents are there to guide him through the private aspect of his life not the public and so have kept that photo for themselves. These photos are more in keeping with his future public role.

I particularly liked the photo of William, Kate and George as George has such a wonderful expression in that one.
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
Nice pic, but so disappointed they didn't recreate the Queen Victoria picture with the Queen holding George. It's an opportunity missed I feel.
Agree. Maybe one day we will get a photo of The Queen holding Prince George like Queen Victoria holing Prince Edward. definitely a missed opportunity.
Royal Highness

I would have loved a shot of William, Catherine, George and the godparents as well. I presume they had one taken but didn't release it (I can't believe they wouldn't have a picture taken with the godparents - even I had a picture taken with my godparents back in the day).

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty17 View Post
Kate looks way too photoshopped
She does look odd. I don't know if she's actually been photoshopped, it might just be a bad pose - at least in the one of William, George and her. In the one with the BRF, I'm thinking it might be the lightening that makes her look way too bright.

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Courtier

I also think they were a litlte photoshopped
Old 10-24-2013, 05:16 PM
Courtier

There probably is a picture with the Queen holding the baby, but they didn't release it for whatever reason. My favorite is William, Catherine and George. George's expression with his hands in the air is priceless. I also like the picture of both families. Interesting that the picture with the godparents wasn't released.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
i'm sorry to be negative but, although the picture of the parents and george is very cute, i don't think it should have been chosen as an official picture for the christening of a future monarch.
I agree it's one of those ones that I think they could have kept as a private photo. It looks a bit out of place as a formal portrait. Also I can't believe one with the Godparents wasn't released, surley that's one that everyone wants to see in any set of christenting pictures.Very odd.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:17 PM
Courtier

A bit disappointed that HM isn't holding little George but beautiful pictures nonetheless. Love the family pic with George holding his arms up. Is it legal to be that cute ? 😉
Old 10-24-2013, 05:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by csw View Post
I'm a bit surprised there isn't a photo with all the godparents. ...but, I'm not complaining - these are great!
Im sure they have the full gamut of photos with everyone but I guess these are the official ones. Will and Kate seem to go to great lengths to preserve their privacy where ever they can.
There will be plenty of time when he is King that William and his family will be in full exposure to the media and public.
Privacy is their most precious commodity and they seem hell bent on protecting it and really who can blame them, Im pretty certain Id do the same if I was in their shoes.
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Here they are:

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/6117/rfun.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img594/3543/oh59.jpg
Old 10-24-2013, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Seeing him on the pictures from yesterday, I could have sworn that he was the image of William as a baby, only with Catherine's chipmunk cheeks But on these pictures he bears a remarkable resemblance to Catherine as a baby. He's a good mix, that one.

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark directly addressing people suffering from depression and loneliness in her 2011 New Years address.

Old 10-24-2013, 05:25 PM
Courtier

I am sure they have one of the Queen holding Prince George and I think we will see one someday. They could be saving it for The Queen Christmas Speech.

Tags
christening, prince george of cambridge