The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 05:38 PM
Serene Highness

When the Royal Family started to put those announcements on Buckingham Palace gates?

Old 07-02-2013, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
When the Royal Family started to put those announcements on Buckingham Palace gates?
My guess would be one of Victoria's pregnancies, as BP wasn't complete prior to then.

Old 07-02-2013, 06:15 PM
Gentry

I do think that the baby will be born sooner rather than sometime after the 15th. I know that the wives' tales say that firstborns are usually late, but I've always believed that was an effect of women back then not really knowing their conception dates. In fact, excepting my SIL, all of the babies in my family have been born earlier (between one and ten days) than their due dates.

Either way, I am really excited; I was too young when William was born, so I'm interested to see the world reaction to this heir!

Slightly off-topic, but I am starting to think that the first photos of the Kardashian-West baby will make an appearance as soon as Baby Cambridge does.
Old 07-02-2013, 06:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Prince William and Kate’s baby becomes first person to get Wikipedia page before being born!

Prince William and Kate’s baby becomes first person to get Wikipedia page before being born
Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Look, all: If the Duchess has to wait, well then, we sure can!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:01 PM
Gentry

I keep thinking Baby GIRL Cambridge will arrive July 8.... I guess we'll all know soon enough. I hope Catherine has an easy and happy delivery!! I remember how awesome it was when my first baby (actually all of my babies were born). I can't imagine adding to that the knowledge my little baby would one day be Queen (or King)!
Old 07-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Courtier

I was pretty young when William was born did we know when Diana was in labour? I remember seeing Charles interviewed after the birth. I have a couple of family birthdays in July one on the 4th, 7,8 and 9 so if she gives birth on any of these dates it will be easy to remember for me. LOL I'm hoping for a little girl too and he or she could be late babies do what they want. I wonder if Kate will eat chilli or do any of those old wives tales to help get her labour started. LOL My niece tried everything although she was 7 days overdue and it was her fourth baby. I agree with Broadway Duchess I won't be surprised if Kim K releases pictures of her baby around the same time the Cambridge baby is born to try and take some of the spotlight. Kim K is pretty tacky it won't work though. I do hope the baby is here soon I bet Kate does too.
Old 07-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Majesty

For news alerts on the birth, I would suggest everyone to download the CNN Mobile Apps if you can:

CNN Mobile

I get news alerts on what's going on in the country and around the world and I find it pretty helpful. I know once Catherine goes into the hospital and give birth, the news alert will show up.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-02-2013, 10:35 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by someonelikeyou View Post
I keep thinking Baby GIRL Cambridge will arrive July 8.... I guess we'll all know soon enough. I hope Catherine has an easy and happy delivery!! I remember how awesome it was when my first baby (actually all of my babies were born). I can't imagine adding to that the knowledge my little baby would one day be Queen (or King)!
yes, it does look 'girl-like' bump. kind of low. boys tend to be more high in the torso, or how you spell it/ safe and blessed delivery!!
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 07-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Royal Highness

If Kate wants that baby out sooner rather than later, a good long walk every day and a glass of red wine at dinner should do the trick. NOT an old wives' tale.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
I've heard that the notice is placed on the North West gate at BP.

What? Wrong thread?
Old 07-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Majesty

Video:
Royal baby slightly more likely to be female, scientist says-
Royal baby slightly more likely to be female, scientist says - CNN.com

I'm just hoping that they will have a safe delivery.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
If Kate wants that baby out sooner rather than later, a good long walk every day and a glass of red wine at dinner should do the trick. NOT an old wives' tale.
Isn't Alcohol dangerous/harmful to the Baby during Pregnancy?
Old 07-02-2013, 11:24 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post

Yes! Absolutely!
Old 07-02-2013, 11:28 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishRoyalist View Post
Well, that's more during the first trimester, or excessive drinking later on. One or two glasses a day at this stage would not harm the baby and is even recommended to bring on the labor by some in the medical field.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:34 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
My sister heartily recommends a good romp in bed with husband to bring the process on. Enjoyable for all concerned apparently. Worked for her Twice.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Majesty

The waity for Katie:
The waity for Katie | The Sun |News

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 07-03-2013, 12:21 AM
Aristocracy

ok, just a mom here but stand flat against a wall and do squats with the back against the wall. really slow. and it works. here's hoping. still waiting for my day 7/7 the perfect day
"People are much like stained glass windows. When the sun is shining through them, they glow brightly and sparkle. But when the sun goes down and it is dark and gloomy outside; Their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within." ~ Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
Old 07-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth's Children

Charles 14 November 1948
Anne 15 August 1950
Andrew 19 February 1960
Edward 10 March 1964.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:03 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by stella1971 View Post
ok, just a mom here but stand flat against a wall and do squats with the back against the wall. really slow. and it works. here's hoping. still waiting for my day 7/7 the perfect day
For a Brit not necessarily given what happened in London 8 years ago on the 7th July - that was the day the bombs went off and the day after London had been awarded the games.

I was there and it wasn't a pleasant time to be in the UK.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge