The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
This is pretty cool. Doesn't Catherine love kayaking?
She canoed in Canada, also dragon boated, and she was part of an all woman crew that was going to ? cross the channel ? if I remember correctly. She clearly likes being out on the water

Old 06-28-2013, 11:45 AM
Courtier

Georgia on my mind

How about Georgia for a girl? It would have the required historical connections to previous monarchs, yet it would be fresh- and pretty.

Old 06-28-2013, 12:46 PM
Courtier

It could be that Kate is the same as the Queen of Holland - 3 girls. No boy ever came!
Old 06-28-2013, 01:27 PM
Serene Highness

George was one of George VI's names just not his first name. You can pick the name that you reign under. Edward VIII did the same thing. His first name was Albert too. George Vi picked George to remind people of his father and link this reign to his.

William and Kate are going to pick a traditional name. It isn't going to something like North or Apple. Elizabeth or Phillip are locks for a name slot.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:48 PM
Nobility

^^ You're right. They will pick a traditional name. But even within the realm of traditional BRF names, there are the names that aren't used that often. William and Kate don't seem like they would do things simply because they have to. They did their wedding the way they wanted to (as much as possible at least), they will do this the way they want to.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:06 PM
Courtier

Two Days of June Left, The real countdown and waiting begins Monday that is if Baby Cambridge is not born by Sunday at 11:59pm UK Time
Old 06-28-2013, 07:05 PM
Gentry

I hope the baby avoids being born on Monday
Old 06-28-2013, 07:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina21 View Post
I hope the baby avoids being born on Monday
Me too. We don't need any mass hysteria by the Dianatics.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:38 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post

Me too. We don't need any mass hysteria by the Dianatics.
I agree, I hope it is not burn on Monday either!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippyboo View Post
Edward VIII did the same thing. His first name was Albert too.
King Edward VIII's full name Edward Albert Christian George Andrew Patrick David.

His grandfather, King Edward VII was the one whose first name was Albert. He was named Albert Edward, after his father and his maternal grandfather.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:25 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Still saying she's having a son
Agree, i have feeling that it's a son....
Old 06-29-2013, 12:12 AM
Serene Highness

British Royalist, when I said Bertie would be an OK name, I meant as a nickname for Albert. But there are other "Berts" such as Robert or Cuthbert.

NGalitzine, George is only wrong to me because over used in recent royal history. I do like the combination George St. Andrews. I would like something more historically creative, that is all. There are three saints buried at Durham Cathedral, and I think one of them is Aidan (too hard to remember all the names associated with Durham that I mentioned before, the Celtic, Saxon, and Norman names). I think Aidan would be a historically great name. Even Cuthbert would be great because of the greatness of St. Cuthbert's influence on England, but I suppose it sounds stodgy to most people these days. I don't think I'd go for "Bede" for St. Bede of Durham. England is so full of POSITIVE history, it would be great to choose a name of a positive leader. Another like that is David for King David of Scotland, who had a reputation as a great positive leader.

Just musing, woolgathering: Aidan David Robert Charles Michael, or any arrangement of the first three followed by the grandfathers' names of Charles and Michael. Michael would be excellent for a first name but it would be a departure for a British royal, it's more European.
Old 06-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mariel View Post
....George is only wrong to me because over used in recent royal history.
I feel the same about George. I'd like to see a change.
Old 06-29-2013, 06:27 AM
Courtier

If a Girl arrives on 1st July, I hope William does not see this as some kind of special significance, and decide to call her Diana. I am sure the Royal Family will be very uncomfortable. But who knows with William! His mother's engagement ring was a shock. I for one would not have accepted it. But then I'm not Kate.

I read ages ago that if either of the boys had a girl, their mother's name would feature somewhere.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:01 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieuk View Post
If a Girl arrives on 1st July, I hope William does not see this as some kind of special significance, and decide to call her Diana. I am sure the Royal Family will be very uncomfortable. But who knows with William! His mother's engagement ring was a shock. I for one would not have accepted it. But then I'm not Kate.

I read ages ago that if either of the boys had a girl, their mother's name would feature somewhere.
I think we can take it for granted that Diana will be a name for both William and Harry's daughter's if they have them. They adored their mother.
Old 06-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Courtier

Quote:
But who knows with William! His mother's engagement ring was a shock.
Yes who knows..It might as well be a PR stunt..William will not ,or rather, just cannot, do anything that will upset the RF (read HM). He was shown his place during his own wedding..
Start from your friends, and then go from there..

Quote:
If a Girl arrives on 1st July, I hope William does not see this as some kind of special significance, and decide to call her Diana.
I believe the names of both a boy and a girl (if still anyone believes they donno the gender) would have been thoroughly discussed and decided already. Its not just "Will and Kates baby". Its the scion of the Firm, the most business-like family on the planet. Every little decision is made with many things into consideration. They wont go for last minute significances/signs/omens..

Quote:
I am sure the Royal Family will be very uncomfortable.
I dont think the name Diana as such makes RF uncomfortable, but the past-hysteria it will generate and all the digging up the media and fanatics do..that definitely does..not just the RF, but everyone seriously interested/concerned about monarchy..
Old 06-29-2013, 07:11 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
I think we can take it for granted that Diana will be a name for both William and Harry's daughter's if they have them. They adored their mother.
No can't take it for granted. You can't take nothing for granted in this world.
Old 06-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Slow news week at Hello! Kate Middleton baby: Where will the royal baby go to school? - hellomagazine.com
Old 06-29-2013, 11:52 AM
Majesty

Why do people think the royal family would be upset if they named their baby girl, Diana? I'm not sure if Diana would be a first name but, if its a girl, the name Diana could be included as a middle name.

The royal family would think it would be a fitting tribute to William's mother. The royal family isn't as harsh one would think.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-29-2013, 12:45 PM
Courtier

No Diana. If he wants to honor his mother/Carole.

I am suggesting Elizabeth Alexandra Victoria Francesca.

But W & K don't seem to have much of an imagination so I wouldn't be surprised if they named a girl Diana Frances Carole Elizabeth or some combination. A combination of those 4 names is all the imagination that the two of them could come up with.

Due date July 14th.

Tags
baby gifts, prince william and duchess of cambridge