Baby Cambridge: Musings and Suggestions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And, informtion: Could someone please tell me if the communicate outside buck palace is the only official one?

Not sure what you mean, but I believe we get to know the sex and the time of birth via that communiqué.

I wonder how the firm would handle a child with autism or any other challenging health issue. In the past they were hidden. What about now? I also wonder if, considering technology now would allow us to know if there were any problems early, they would choose to terminate the pregnancy?

Living in a fishbowl would make it super, super difficult to handle such challenges. I wonder if this is one of the big pressures a royal bride has to face. No way I would sign up for it. On the one hand you are sure to get the best medical support. On the other you and your child would be under such scrutiny and public opinion on what you should or shouldn't do. What a nightmare!

Right now Kate is listening to one person about how things are gonna go and that's her doc.

We speculate on what can be and that's natural.. we're all anxious for the healthy birth of Baby C.

One thing I wonder.... when I was about to give birth to my first, as the time approached, inquiries by both sides of the family got so bad we had to go out and buy a blackboard and chalk and keep a tally of which side was calling the most to find out if anything is happening yet. :ROFLMAO: Wonder what Will and Kate are doing that's amusing in this aspect.

My first at the time of due date was in the breech position and doc said not to worry... we also had a blizzard the following morning (and there was a sale at K-Mart on tents) so I told my "bump" he had to wait a week. He did. Downside was he wasn't born on St. Pat's day as I would have liked and get the name Patrick Robert (was naming after granddads). Born a week later and named Robert Patrick. For most of his childhood he was called Robbie Pat.

I suspect she is also chatting more than a bit with her Mom, these days.

I wonder how the firm would handle a child with autism or any other challenging health issue. In the past they were hidden. What about now? I also wonder if, considering technology now would allow us to know if there were any problems early, they would choose to terminate the pregnancy?

Living in a fishbowl would make it super, super difficult to handle such challenges. I wonder if this is one of the big pressures a royal bride has to face. No way I would sign up for it. On the one hand you are sure to get the best medical support. On the other you and your child would be under such scrutiny and public opinion on what you should or shouldn't do. What a nightmare!

Wow.. now that's food for thought and I'm going to take a stab it it.

This child will be born to be a monarch. If for any reason there is a handicap (be it autism, ADHD, physical disability whatever) I think it wouldn't be swept under the rug but given the best there is to assist that child to grow into the fullest capacity the kid can go. Great grandpa Bertie was a stutter and for the most part it was in the background as no one expected him to ever become King.

Should the child be born with any kind of a challenging disability, not only would Will and Kate do the best they can to love, cherish and provide the best there is for whatever condition that child has, it would be something that all children and families with the same challenges would benefit from. Let's say Baby C is born with Down's Syndrome. It would quickly become a national thing for Will and Kate to be involved with. Not just because they have a child affected, but they are going through what a lot of parents of children with Down's Syndrome are.

The days of believing that just because a person has a disability and isn't a "whole" person are in the past and trust me... not a nightmare.

Monarchy wise? I would think the child has a good 18 years for Parliament to declare the "fit for rule" angle. Of course this would be a situation that once again in unprecedented. It'd have to be a wait and see kind of thing.

Speaking of Down's Syndrome again, two specific cases comes to my mind. One is an actor that's absolutely great. Chris Burke. VERY impressive resume I might add. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Burke_(actor). The second is a film (the books is better) "A Smile As Big As The Moon". A Smile as Big as the Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And if it was up to me... should the occasion arise, I'd appoint our own Daria as primary teacher. :flowers:

I suspect she is also chatting more than a bit with her Mom, these days.

Oh I'd bet my last doughnut on that one. My mom was very much involved to the point of almost being annoying. I understood though. I was adopted so going through the birth process with me was important to the both of us. She was there during my labor. My dad at times held my ankles, my mom got screamed at that she did it the easy way and I bit hubby. ANYTHING goes in labor and you get away with it. :ROFLMAO:

Giving birth to a child is a definite mother and daughter time.

Morning sickness usually starts at about 6 weeks, HG included. Kate became sick the weekend of Dec 1-2.

Pulling out the calendar (yes, I've nothing better to do today), that would make 40 weeks about July 27th. Most babies are not early.

So I'm guessing the latter half of July. Sorry, Baby Enthusiasts - you have a longer wait then you realize. :flowers:
Didn't Catherine mention that she is due in mid July recently? From several sources?
Also, I do recall when her preganancy was announced, that several "more reliable" reporters mentioned that she was barely 8 weeks which would put her in mid July too.
Morning sickness may usually start at 6 weeks, for my pregnancies it began at 5 weeks and built up to true misery peaking at about 9 -10weeks when the Hcg hormone is highest, then tapering back down.

Wow.. now that's food for thought and I'm going to take a stab it it.

This child will be born to be a monarch. If for any reason there is a handicap (be it autism, ADHD, physical disability whatever) I think it wouldn't be swept under the rug but given the best there is to assist that child to grow into the fullest capacity the kid can go. Great grandpa Bertie was a stutter and for the most part it was in the background as no one expected him to ever become King.

Should the child be born with any kind of a challenging disability, not only would Will and Kate do the best they can to love, cherish and provide the best there is for whatever condition that child has, it would be something that all children and families with the same challenges would benefit from. Let's say Baby C is born with Down's Syndrome. It would quickly become a national thing for Will and Kate to be involved with. Not just because they have a child affected, but they are going through what a lot of parents of children with Down's Syndrome are.

The days of believing that just because a person has a disability and isn't a "whole" person are in the past and trust me... not a nightmare.

Monarchy wise? I would think the child has a good 18 years for Parliament to declare the "fit for rule" angle. Of course this would be a situation that once again in unprecedented. It'd have to be a wait and see kind of thing.

Speaking of Down's Syndrome again, two specific cases comes to my mind. One is an actor that's absolutely great. Chris Burke. VERY impressive resume I might add. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chris_Burke_(actor). The second is a film (the books is better) "A Smile As Big As The Moon". A Smile as Big as the Moon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And if it was up to me... should the occasion arise, I'd appoint our own Daria as primary teacher. :flowers:

First, I'm in full agreement with all that you are saying. Will and Kate will be great parents for a child with special needs (or any child, for that matter). They would have a great deal of support, but at the end of the day, it's up to the to adjust, and help their child reach his/her potential. No doubt they will rise to the occasion. Second, THANK YOU for the vote of confidence! Working for these two, and helping educate their child would be the highest point in my career. However, the parents will have to learn early on that I run a tight ship, and have high expectations for my students with and without exceptionalities (which means, once in my room, the child is to be as independent as possible, and the parents need to encourage this by allowing the said child to actually put his/her own things away).

First, I'm in full agreement with all that you are saying. Will and Kate will be great parents for a child with special needs (or any child, for that matter). They would have a great deal of support, but at the end of the day, it's up to the to adjust, and help their child reach his/her potential. No doubt they will rise to the occasion. Second, THANK YOU for the vote of confidence! Working for these two, and helping educate their child would be the highest point in my career. However, the parents will have to learn early on that I run a tight ship, and have high expectations for my students with and without exceptionalities (which means, once in my room, the child is to be as independent as possible, and the parents need to encourage this by allowing the said child to actually put his/her own things away).

BTW my one remaining brain cell has just reminded me that I owe you a book. I'll PM ya later

Morning sickness usually starts at about 6 weeks, HG included. Kate became sick the weekend of Dec 1-2.

Pulling out the calendar (yes, I've nothing better to do today), that would make 40 weeks about July 27th. Most babies are not early.

So I'm guessing the latter half of July. Sorry, Baby Enthusiasts - you have a longer wait then you realize. :flowers:
The flaw in your calculation is that at conception you are already considered 2 weeks pregnant. And 2 weeks earlier than end-July is mid-July Due date calculator results - BabyCenter Canada :flowers:

The flaw in your calculation is that at conception you are already considered 2 weeks pregnant. And 2 weeks earlier than end-July is mid-July Due date calculator results - BabyCenter Canada :flowers:

Actually, I started counted at week 6 - Dec 1. But whatever, it comes when it comes. :flowers:

I think it was Osipi who mentioned the tally of which side was calling the most in the 9th month just to see if things were moving along - I can so relate to that. Kate now has the same but on a worldwide level. My first was born before we all had cell phones and every time I stepped out for milk or a walk, there was a message on my answering machine and the person wondering if I had gone to the hospital. It all became quite maddening.

It's only a matter of time before paps start lurking at the doors of every plausible hospital in London, and possibly Berkshire. I not only feel sorry for Kate, I feel sorry for all of the other patients at these places. My first was born at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan and I was worried someone famous would be there, causing a ruckus. Fortunately, that did not happen.

Actually, I started counted at week 6 - Dec 1. But whatever, it comes when it comes. :flowers:

I think it was Osipi who mentioned the tally of which side was calling the most in the 9th month just to see if things were moving along - I can so relate to that. Kate now has the same but on a worldwide level. My first was born before we all had cell phones and every time I stepped out for milk or a walk, there was a message on my answering machine and the person wondering if I had gone to the hospital. It all became quite maddening.

It's only a matter of time before paps start lurking at the doors of every plausible hospital in London, and possibly Berkshire. I not only feel sorry for Kate, I feel sorry for all of the other patients at these places. My first was born at Lenox Hill Hospital in Manhattan and I was worried someone famous would be there, causing a ruckus. Fortunately, that did not happen.

You had it made.. one of them newfangled answering machines!!

Has anyone even considered that maybe Will and Kate will opt for a home birth?

No chance of home birth unless "accidental". No risks will be taken.

There are plenty of risks involved in giving birth in a hospital birth. They don't even have to be the actual birth itself. My niece has Coeliac's because of a bacteria she encountered in a hospital as a 1 year old. Risk free births don't exist.

Great comments here! As a former educator and parent of a child on the Autism Spectrum, I'm inclined to state that it would depend upon the severity of the disability. If it is similar to the French pretenders in which the actual heir is severely handicapped and could not live independently then there next sibling would be named the heir. An explanation would be made to the public as to why this was occurring and the child could hold their title of HRH _______.

Now if there is a chance that the disability is mild then I do believe that once a diagnosis is made that the child should receive the necessary therapies and education that might permit them to take on the responsibility of a future monarch. Though it would be a very good idea to prepare the spare in the same manner just in case the elder sibling cannot fulfill those duties.

No chance of home birth unless "accidental". No risks will be taken.

Each one of the Queen's sons were born in Buckingham Palace, and Anne was born in Clarence House. HM herself was born via Caesarian at her maternal grandfather's home in London, while Princess Margaret was born in Glamis Castle.

None of these births were considered to be risky despite being at home (well, perhaps HM's was).

Other than an easy birth and a happy result...

my fondest hope is that Baby Cambridge doesn't make any appearances with a pacifier protruding from his/her mouth. If the parents don't remove it early, a child will have it for a looooong time. It looks awful and can contribute to ear infections and to speech defects. Sorry to all who may be "Binky" reliant, but it's just MHO (and that of many docs as well).

There are a lot of posters on here who's glass is half empty.

Be positve, be happy.

This baby needs to come reeeeal soon......;)
I know a lot of women who are very anxious for their babies to arrive. I wasn't. I had a very easy pregnancy, everyone was so nice and solicitous, and I didn't have to take care of anyone but myself. I knew baby would arrive in his/her own time, and I savored every single day until that one, knowing I would never have it this easy again.

Then lucky me, I had an easy birth and a great baby, and not a moment too soon.

LOL, the time is now nearing.

This post is currently going around on tumblr, I doubt that it's true though. Probably just someone trying to be funny.

Last edited:
I will be watching to see if this is true. This is pretty early to be going into the hospital.

By the way - I heard something like that when the baby is born it will be announced on Twitter by the Palace or something. Is that true? Would it be Clarence house then, because they are on Twitter?

There is nothing on Sky News twitter so it's probably a prank.

I think someone is fooling around.

Great - so those who like to speculate will have problems - confusion to the enemy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom