The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > Prince William and Catherine Middleton - The Royal Wedding, 29 April 2011

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 05:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
I won't take that bet!
I'm sure there will be wide TV coverage in the USA, early hours or no early hours.
Well, I remember getting up at crazy hours to watch Princess Anne's wedding, and later Charles and Diana's, and I saw Andrew and Sarah's live, too. I see no reason that U.S. TV would not show this wedding live.

Ann

Old 01-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

if anything I See more of a reason

Old 01-10-2011, 10:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
Does anyone know if BBC America will be covering the wedding??
I would assume they would have the BBC feed. I know during the UK election coverage in May they went straight to BBC coverage and I would assume they would do the same. In NYC It will be 6 AM and I have already taken off work LOL.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:25 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Oona View Post
I would assume they would have the BBC feed. I know during the UK election coverage in May they went straight to BBC coverage and I would assume they would do the same. In NYC It will be 6 AM and I have already taken off work LOL.
I have to report here that I did program in the TLC William and Kate 8 Royal Weddings that aired over the weekend. What astonished me the most about the whole thing was watching Sophie and Edward's wedding and just how much Edward looked like William.

Mr. Remote actually watched the entire show with me and asked questions. I promptly fell off my chair.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:42 AM

The royal wedding will be a truly global TV event with millions from all over the world tuning in. Outside of the UK, I would expect especially big audiences from the US, Canada, and Australia.
Old 01-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Courtier

Talking

[QUOTE=Osipi;1189642]I have to report here that I did program in the TLC William and Kate 8 Royal Weddings that aired over the weekend. What astonished me the most about the whole thing was watching Sophie and Edward's wedding and just how much Edward looked like William.

Mr. Remote actually watched the entire show with me and asked questions. I promptly fell off my chair.[/QUOTE]

Old 01-19-2011, 07:24 AM
Nobility

The Associated Press: TLC plans week of royal wedding specials, coverage
Old 01-19-2011, 07:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh wonderful! To me this will be a good option over watching the major networks such as ABC, NBC etc here in the US and perhaps stay away from the "gabby" commentators. TLC, part of Discovery, has a good reputation for quality shows.
Old 01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Royal Highness

Yes this is wonderful!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Courtier

Hi all!! New to the forums. Very excited for Prince William and Catherine!. I plan on waking up early and recording Coverage from the CBC and BBC on my PVR. I have the sky player on my xbox and will hook it up to an old DVD recorder to record their coverage. All I need is a pot of Earl Grey on the day and all will be well.

Not sure if this has been mentioned but for our American friends(or anyone else for that matter :) !!) who might like streaming coverage from the BBC or Sky News, might I suggest subscribing to a VPN so you can watch coverage online?. Living outside the UK, we can't get live feeds from the above channels as we don't pay the UK licensing fee!. Subscribing to a VPN works around that. Yes, I am a techno nerd!!! LOL

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 01-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Global announced full coverage of the wedding last night including any events that may take place in the days leading up to the wedding.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Oh wonderful! To me this will be a good option over watching the major networks such as ABC, NBC etc here in the US and perhaps stay away from the "gabby" commentators. TLC, part of Discovery, has a good reputation for quality shows.

Actually, no it doesn't. Any network that airs X Kids and Counting, Jon & Kate Plus 8, Sarah Palin's Alaska, and countless shows about obese people and midgets, cannot call themselves purveyors of "quality shows." TLC used to be "The Learning Channel", now I don't know what the hell it is. Too many crappy reality shows, not enough actual informative or educational programming.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 01-21-2011, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

I'm glad to hear that TLC will cover it live. I imagine other networks will soon be releasing their coverage schedules too.

I agree with you there Sister Morphine, TLC does procuce some crappy shows now.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapstar View Post
I'm glad to hear that TLC will cover it live. I imagine other networks will soon be releasing their coverage schedules too.

I agree with you there Sister Morphine, TLC does procuce some crappy shows now.
Most of the shows I've watched on TLC were pretty good. I'd forgotten about all the crappy ones. I have to agree though that those "reality" type shows are rated less than infomercials in my book.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

In surprised TLC will be covering it.
I can't wait to hear other channels that will air it to.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Britain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Most of the shows I've watched on TLC were pretty good. I'd forgotten about all the crappy ones. I have to agree though that those "reality" type shows are rated less than infomercials in my book.
Yep, the influx of reality shows on TLC turned me off. Maybe I'll give the channel another chance and see what other programs they're airing.

CrownPrincess5, I also can't wait to hear which channels will be airing it.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
Actually, no it doesn't. Any network that airs X Kids and Counting, Jon & Kate Plus 8, Sarah Palin's Alaska, and countless shows about obese people and midgets, cannot call themselves purveyors of "quality shows." TLC used to be "The Learning Channel", now I don't know what the hell it is. Too many crappy reality shows, not enough actual informative or educational programming.
Thank you! I was thinking the very same thing.
Old 01-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Heir Apparent

I'm actually going to have a headache trying to figure out which channel to record the wedding from. I hope we find out ahead of time if there will be any coverage of the night time reception (ie: will they show arrivals on tv?) cause after the balcony appearance I plan on falling asleep cause I'll be dead tired but I'll need to know if I'll have to wake up again and switch the dvd.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:28 PM
Courtier

I hope we get to see that too!!
I loved SVT's coverage of Victoria and Daniel's wedding last year! They had such extensive coverage - I hope we are as fortunate with William and Catherine's wedding!

Still trying to get use to calling her Catherine and not Kate!! :)
Old 01-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Penelope View Post
I hope we get to see that too!!
I loved SVT's coverage of Victoria and Daniel's wedding last year! They had such extensive coverage - I hope we are as fortunate with William and Catherine's wedding!

Still trying to get use to calling her Catherine and not Kate!! :)
You know for me she will remain "Kate".Well I just call her Kate till she becomes Princess of Wales.