Saudi Princesses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
@imanmajed: You were the one who was getting too much off topic- you wrote that this case is unique and I wanted to give you a source that shows that disrespect for the human rights of the workers and forced labor it is not a single case but rather something that is happening everyday....

@imanmajed: You were the one who was getting too much off topic- you wrote that this case is unique and I wanted to give you a source that shows that disrespect for the human rights of the workers and forced labor it is not a single case but rather something that is happening everyday....

My statements always corresponding to the theme, I think. I asked for avoiding generalizations and tried to light this type of incidents from different perspectives......

Last edited:
Back to the topic,let´s talk about the reality of human trafficking in KSA - something that a few posters believe to be just a problem of a few unlucky people...this is from a trustworthy source and it is only the officially published version - the stories of the victims are much more terrible than the diplomatic reports may sound!

An official report from the US government noted:
Saudi Arabia is a destination country for trafficked persons. Victims come primarily from the Philippines, Bangladesh, Sudan, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, and Sri Lanka to work as domestic servants and menial laborers. Some persons who come to Saudi Arabia in search of work are forced into situations of coerced labor or slave-like conditions, and in some of those cases they also suffer extreme working conditions and physical abuse. Some female domestic servants work in conditions of forced labor, and in some cases those trafficking victims are also physically and sexually abused. Many low-skilled foreign workers have their passports withheld, contracts altered, and suffer non-payment of salaries of varying degrees and durations.

The Government of Saudi Arabia does not fully comply with the minimum standards for the elimination of trafficking; however, it is making significant efforts to do so. The government's strengths in combating trafficking are in the areas of prevention and protection. The government is taking steps to increase the enforcement of trafficking by revising its visa system.

->source:Country Narratives -- Countries Q through Z

Last edited:
@ blauerengel:

Just a suggestion, but I think it makes more sense to stay at the present case and at the main theme of the thread while discuss the topic.

General discussions on human trafficking, degrading working conditions, mistreatment, abuse, prostitution and forced whereabouts by removing the personal documents should be better placed in the members corner in a separate, new thread.

Last edited:
It is not a 'general discussion on human trafficking' when KSA is a destination country for trafficked persons. Please explain/rationalize for me why anyone should have their passport confiscated so that they cannot leave the country, unless they are being kept against their will.

Please explain/rationalize for me why anyone should have their passport confiscated so that they cannot leave the country, unless they are being kept against their will.

Not all of the passports of domestic workers get confiscated..... But if so, there are some reasons. It is not about to hold someone against his / her will. But I prefer to concentrate on the present case.

Last edited:
What legitimate reasons can there be for holding an employees passport? Any relevent info on the passport could easily be recorded and the passport photocopied, so there would be no need to actually withhold the passport unless you wanted to stop the passport holder from departing.

What legitimate reasons can there be for holding an employees passport? Any relevent info on the passport could easily be recorded and the passport photocopied, so there would be no need to actually withhold the passport unless you wanted to stop the passport holder from departing.

You are right on the mark. There is never a reason to withhold a passport unless you are preventing someone from their freedom.

Can we please get back on topic and discuss the
Saudi Princesses

Further discussion on laws, human trafficking etc will be deleted

This is the follow-up to a story that was first raised in this thread back in June & July 2010.

Sara Al Amoudi: Is she a Saudi princess - or a prostitute? | Mail Online
26 July 2013

The Vamp in the Veil: Is she a Saudi princess - or a prostitute?
As the High Court is gripped by wild tales, what is the truth about Sara Al Amoudi?

She arrives at the High Court in London each morning in a black Rolls-Royce Phantom with a personalised number plate bearing the initials ‘HRH’. As cameras flash, a team of Middle Eastern security guards descend from a Range Rover to help her cross five yards of pavement to the building’s revolving front door. Some are entrusted with her handbag. Others look after her £50,000 diamond-encrusted luxury Vertu mobile phone. A snappily dressed flunky named Mohammed pushes a wheelchair, in which she occasionally chooses to park her derriere.

This regal creature, who invariably has her face veiled, always wears a black burka, sometimes with gold silk stitching or a jewelled trim. Underneath, you can catch a glimpse of designer shoes with five-inch killer heels. Occasionally, she stretches out an arm to reveal a gem-studded Rolex and a wristful of gold jewellery. The apparently wealthy woman calls herself Sara Al Amoudi. She claims to be 31 years old, though others say she’s 43. She has dark brown hair, greenish eyes and appears to wear a lot of make-up. Oh, and for most of the past month, she has been at the centre of one of the most sordid and downright surreal court cases in living memory.

The trial, which has just finished its third week, revolves around an alleged £14 million property fraud in which Ms Al Amoudi — who is widely known as ‘the Vamp in the Veil’ — stands accused of posing as a Saudi princess. She assumed the false identity, according to her opponents, to conduct a ‘very accomplished’ con trick in which a middle-aged couple, one of whom is a friend of the Duke of Gloucester, were duped out of six high-end properties in London’s Knightsbridge. So far, so straightforward.

Yet as the high-stakes civil proceedings have progressed, the ‘Vamp in the Veil’ case has grown increasingly strange and sleazy. On Wednesday, for example, Ms Al Amoudi attempted to prove that she is incredibly wealthy — and presumably therefore does not need to defraud anyone — by insisting, under oath, that she spent almost £1 million on perfume in just a few weeks. ‘I have a problem with shopping,’ she declared. ‘In the past two months, my perfume, only the perfume … $1.4 million (£912,000). I can show you the pictures.’

At the centre of these dizzying claims and counter claims there sits a huge unanswered question: Who exactly is this woman? For, as proceedings have progressed, it has become apparent that no one is entirely sure. For example, several acquaintances have told the court that for years Al Amoudi has described herself as a Saudi royal. She had talked of being the estranged wife of King Abdullah, the country’s monarch. Yet in her own evidence to court this week, Al Amoudi — who has produced no credible birth, marriage or other document confirming her identity — denied having made such a claim.

A former boyfriend once told reporters that she spoke of being Osama Bin Laden’s daughter, claimed to be a friend of Kate Moss, and talked of dating two Hollywood film stars — Irish former hellraiser Colin Farrell and Gladiator star Joaquin Phoenix — as well as former Arsenal footballer Freddie Ljunberg. However, there is no evidence of her having any link to the Bin Laden family, and none of the supposed celebrity acquaintances will admit to having anything to do with her.

Then there is the question of the source of Ms Al Amoudi’s apparent wealth.She says she has existed thanks to a £100,000 weekly allowance, sent by her family in the form of suitcases filled with banknotes. Yet one of the two plaintiffs in the fraud case alleged this week that Al Amoudi earns her crust as a high-class prostitute, who for years worked from a £750,000 flat, with two sisters, yards from Harrods. ‘Far from being Saudi Arabian princesses, they were all prostitutes,’ she said, claiming that the women would trawl Harrods in search of clients. Asked about that allegation in court, Al Amoudi claimed ‘in the name of Allah’ to be ‘a good Muslim woman’.

In court on Tuesday, she claimed that her wealth was genuine, citing her expenditure on perfume as evidence. Yet the very next day, despite her luxury cars and huge entourage of employees, she suddenly declared herself ‘broke’, telling the judge: ‘I don’t have anything!’ It was a typically odd moment in a surreal three days during which Al Amoudi gave evidence to the court. She had agreed to remove her veil in court, but sat behind a wall of document files, so that her face was invisible to most of the onlookers.

Often (but not always) she adopted a heavy Middle Eastern accent. On several occasions, Al Amoudi insisted she could barely understand proceedings and needed to speak through an interpreter — only to break into eloquent English moments later. At one such point, the court dissolved into laughter when the opposition counsel thanked her for suddenly being ‘fluent in English again’.

She arrives ... in a black Rolls-Royce Phantom with a personalised number plate bearing the initials ‘HRH’. As cameras flash, a team of Middle Eastern security guards descend from a Range Rover to help her ...... her £50,000 diamond-encrusted luxury Vertu mobile phone........

.....always wears a black burka, sometimes with gold silk stitching or a jewelled trim. ....a glimpse of designer shoes with five-inch killer heels. ....she stretches out an arm to reveal a gem-studded Rolex and a wristful of gold jewellery. ....and appears to wear a lot of make-up.

The trial, which has just finished its third week, revolves around an alleged £14 million property fraud in which Ms Al Amoudi ......stands accused of posing as a Saudi princess. She assumed the false identity......
......Ms Al Amoudi attempted to prove that she is incredibly wealthy — and presumably therefore does not need to defraud anyone — by insisting, under oath, that she spent almost £1 million on perfume in just a few weeks.

She says she has existed thanks to a £100,000 weekly allowance, sent by her family in the form of suitcases filled with banknotes............Yet the very next day, despite her luxury cars and huge entourage of employees, she suddenly declared herself ‘broke’, telling the judge: ‘I don’t have anything!’ .

There are no words to make a statement to such a person .....:bangin::nonono: This lady really makes me speechless......If she is indeed someone with a noble lineage or born into a rich family, she should better hide her wealth, do not show an exaggerated manner and avoid to behave in dramatic way in public. It seems she has more of a confidence trickster than to be a princess or royal member.

Last edited:
Well, at least this "Vamp in the Veil" produced a highly interesting story for dailymail-readers ;-)
I fully agree that she does not possess any royal discretion & manners and her veil is probably more a disguise than a sign of religious devotion...

This is the follow-up to a story that was first raised in this thread back in June & July 2010.

Sara Al Amoudi: Is she a Saudi princess - or a prostitute? | Mail Online
26 July 2013

The Vamp in the Veil: Is she a Saudi princess - or a prostitute?
As the High Court is gripped by wild tales, what is the truth about Sara Al Amoudi?

She arrives at the High Court in London each morning in a black Rolls-Royce Phantom with a personalised number plate bearing the initials ‘HRH’. As cameras flash, a team of Middle Eastern security guards descend from a Range Rover to help her cross five yards of pavement to the building’s revolving front door. Some are entrusted with her handbag. Others look after her £50,000 diamond-encrusted luxury Vertu mobile phone. A snappily dressed flunky named Mohammed pushes a wheelchair, in which she occasionally chooses to park her derriere.
I am surprised to learn that this particular Saudi Princess has not presented a diplomatic passport with a smug face.

I am surprised to learn that this particular Saudi Princess has not presented a diplomatic passport with a smug face.

;) ;) As we learnt from the article, the lady had no documents of identity while she was on trial before court..... Maybe her passport does not fit with the color of her outfit and so she decided not to carry the passport with her on this important public occasion. :p

Last edited:
;) ;) As we learnt from the article, the lady had no documents of identity while she was on trial before court..... Maybe her passport does not fit with the color of her outfit and so she decided not to carry the passport with her on this important public occasion. :p

I suggest she should start wearing emerald green if she is Saudi :p
Good look for her tanned skin, I am sure she would look fantastic with a dark green dress or abaya ;-)

I suggest she should start wearing emerald green if she is Saudi :p Good look for her tanned skin,....

It is believed she is Sudanese. But there is no real, official confirmation.

However, I fear that nationality or origin seems to be not decisive in the case of these woman, but rather the question of her mental state. I'm sorry to have to say that about someone I do not know. However, the former and recent statements of her lead to no other conclusion. I wonder how the further development will be in this strange case?

Last edited:
If she is a Sudanese citizen, this story is wrong in the "Saudi Princess" thread....to be honest, I could not care less about this woman, no matter who she is or where she comes from.

If she is a Sudanese citizen, this story is wrong in the "Saudi Princess" thread....

Right, but at the moment there is no official confirmation of her actual ancestry. Unfortunately, she has claimed both as a member of the Saudi royal family, as well as a daughter of various wealthy Arab or Sudanese men.

New findings in the case Meshael Al Ayban, who is married with a Saudi prince.
Attorneys for a Saudi Arabian princess offered a starkly different take on the life of a Kenyan domestic servant who prosecutors said was forced to work. The servant’s living situation that contrasted sharply with what has emerged from prosecutors and police. Maid of jailed Saudi princess 'lived in luxury':

Maid of jailed Saudi princess 'lived in luxury' | GulfNews.com

Last edited:
I strongly doubt the fairytale of Meshael Al Ayban´s attorney....I have been to several countries in the ME and I never met a housemaid who lived "in luxury" as the newspaper article wants to make us believe. Some people treat their workers with respect and give them reasonable wages and decent working conditions, but they do not have the same living standard like their employer.

It is standard defence tactics for any rich person who is accused of wrongdoing by a private assistant, secretary or servant. The Saudi Princess' counsel attempts to show how ungrateful this maid is. So far it appears the maid's lies are more truth-looking.
On a different note ... I wonder why Meshael Al Ayban did not have a diplomatic passport that would make her legal troubles disappear.

Last edited:
IF the story about her "Life in luxury" was true, the maids would not run away but kiss the feet of her employer who allows her to enjoy such a high standard of living. Maids and low-skilled workers in general are usually paid modest wages, so if they were treated to a life of luxury they would otherwise not be able to afford,they would certainly do everything to keep that job!

It is standard defence tactics for any rich person who is accused of wrongdoing by a private assistant, secretary or servant. The Saudi Princess' counsel attempts to show how ungrateful this maid is. ....

IF the story about her "Life in luxury" was true, the maids would not run away but kiss the feet of her employer who allows her to enjoy such a high standard of living. Maids and low-skilled workers in general are usually paid modest wages, so if they were treated to a life of luxury they would otherwise not be able to afford,they would certainly do everything to keep that job!

The attorneys have provided evidence that the housemaid always traveled together with the family first-class. Also their work contracts, salary and their workload does not differ from the usual agreements in the region. That was basically everything. Media tend to formulate things exaggerated.

Predominantly the maids have very personal reasons why they just run away during a stay abroad. Often this has nothing to do with the family for whom they work.

Interesting for me is rather the legal question: Are the Saudi labor contracts automatically valid abroad (I would say: yes, they are) or must the work agreements be modified, especially for a (longer) stay? Is there any differences in this matter in different countries? I´m stumped for an answer.

Last edited:
Oh, stop the nonsense. They treat everyone, except themselves like second class citizens. People run away because they are frightened and unhappy. The regions treatment of human beings is less than acceptable. In places where humans must be treated as humans, their contracts, probably are not valid. Women in the ME are treated like .....less than we would accept. Look in the mirror. People run away because they have miserable lives and are unhappy. The contracts are just a legalistic smoke screen.

I am still waiting to hear a legitimate reason for an employer to sieze an employees passport.

Just junk for the employers to force an employee into their servitude. Life of luxury???? Really, who except the poor are signing up for this great life???

The attorneys have provided evidence that the housemaid always traveled together with the family first-class. Also their work contracts, salary and their workload does not differ from the usual agreements in the region. That was basically everything. Media tend to formulate things exaggerated.

Predominantly the maids have very personal reasons why they just run away during a stay abroad. Often this has nothing to do with the family for whom they work.

Interesting for me is rather the legal question: Are the Saudi labor contracts automatically valid abroad (I would say: yes, they are) or must the work agreements be modified, especially for a (longer) stay? Is there any differences in this matter in different countries? I´m stumped for an answer.

You always have to follow the laws of the country you live or work in.

The maids probably had a good reason to run away, I have a lot of people working for me -gardeners,plumbers,cleaning women etc. and nobody ever tried to run away or reported to the police.
Why should anybody go to the police unless they have a good reason to do so, especially when they enjoy "a life of luxury"? Living in Dubai you should know that there are areas in the city where workers live in houses that are not as beautiful,polished and clean as the glossy image Westerners are shown to make us want to visit your country. (I have seen the rather dirty and third-worldish areas myself,it is not a distorted image of the media. If anybody is interested, I can post some images in the UAE thread.) In Saudi Arabia they are probably not living very different... The maids largely depend on the good will and mercy of their employers-if they are lucky they work for a nice family where they are treated with respect.

Every normal person tries to avoid unnecessary contact with the police or government officials.
People who report a crime or injustice do not enjoy talking about their misery-they only do so because they believe in justice and hope that the people responsible for their suffering will be held accountable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom