Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed al Maktoum

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pallas Athina, I've always wanted to ask, are you from the Middle East? When or how did you come across our #1 Sheikh Ahmed? :rolleyes:

I'm American and have never been to the ME. On another board I used to go to, a poster mentioned how handsome Mo's boys are. In one of my extended searches to find out about the Maktoums, a pic of him showed up and that was it. :crush:

Where are you from?

I'm from Sweden. I had no idea who he was until you mentioned him and that was it. :blush:

But I've seen him before and I had no idea who he was back then. But the picture I saw made my heart aflutter! :blush:

He is so cute! :blush:

His left side = much ado about nothing :rolleyes:

Coca Cola, what is the local rumour about Sheikh Ahmed's marital status?

La La,
Have you seen the questions about SA on the Asian Royalty site. I mention him a few months ago and now everybody wants to know about him. We're taking over the world. With more interest, maybe we'll find out more stuff. :p

You're right, Athina. I suppose he/she hasn't found her/his way to the LTR.

Checko out his CV

Silver Charm, I think you brought this up on Robert's site. Did you guys notice that Sheikh Rashid is mentioned his father? But we all know he is Sheikh Ahmed's brother not father. I'm sure this article is on Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed and not Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid (who is/was also rumoured to be single). :blink:

Originally posted by La la@Jun 30th, 2004 - 9:24 am
Checko out his CV

Silver Charm, I think you brought this up on Robert's site. Did you guys notice that Sheikh Rashid is mentioned his father? But we all know he is Sheikh Ahmed's brother not father. I'm sure this article is on Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed and not Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid (who is/was also rumoured to be single). :blink:
Yeah some people are just nearly as concerned with the accuracy of these things as we are. Shk Rashid raised him so he could be considered a 'father figure' but definately he is Shk Saeed's Boy.

Pardon for mistaking you for being SC on Robert's site. :blush:

PA, you didn't miss out on anything on wam. I wonder what Sheikh Ahmed is doing these days? :blush: Probably watching football matches.

Anyways, do you remember my mentioning, about a certain Ahmed that slept on a gigantic water bed placed on a raft in his bedroom, in our very first thread on the UAE Royalties. Well, it's a our beloved Sheikh Ahmed. :brows: I mistook him for being Sheikh Ahmed bin Rashid.

I have tried to translate the text:

According to reports the so far unmarried sheikh Ahmed ordered the world's biggest water bed to his Palace. But the company could not meet with his need and the end result is a bedroom that consists of a 250 squaremetre indoor swimmingpool with four small islands and the enourmous bed is placed on a raft which rocks the sheikh to sleep. He uses the remote controller to reach one of the man made islands to eat his breakfast. No one else is allowed into his bedroom. His older sister who is somewhere in her 80's is also unmarried and lives in a nearby palace. It is said that she is one of the world's richest women and that she was so well-veiled that no one has actually seen her face. But she is obviously interested in falconry for you'll recognize her palace with all the falcon statues on her port. She lives there throughout the year while her brothers come to their summer palaces to spend two weeks a year. The palaces are never left empty as their staff consisting of appr. 250 people live and take care of their properties throughout the year.

i think the article is about ahmed bin rashid not ahmed bin saeed. or it could be one of another hundred ahmed in dxb.

There's a lot of Ahmeds out there.... how many siblings does Ahmed Bin Saeed have?

I think he only has two brothers. Not sure, Sheikh Rashid (Mo's father) and Khalifa (I think).

But we'd like to think he's single. I think he's the richest Ahmed in town. :rolleyes:

He surely seems to be the richest Ahmed in town.... Lala, in terms of wealth is he anywhere near Mo? Or is it we hear more about Mo because he's more public and Ahmed is more 'mysterious'?

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 1:29 am
He surely seems to be the richest Ahmed in town.... Lala, in terms of wealth is he anywhere near Mo? Or is it we hear more about Mo because he's more public and Ahmed is more 'mysterious'?
I don't think he's as rich as Mo, no way, but imagine Moness' superwealth divided between 17-27 kids. They wont "even" get one billion each. I doubt Mo's grandchildren will be able to lead the kind of lavish lifestyle that was once enjoyed by their forefathers.

See, Mo was SO right when he said the only significance between his father and him was the beard. At least he's honest. :cry:

Lala, that's a really good point, girl... at the rate he multiplies and marries..... that's going to be a lot of dividing..... I think Forbes should take dependents into consideration when tallying up 'wealth' because it would make a huge difference.....

But Ahmed must be a Billionaire - with all the work and investments he does..... and say he's single..... that's his money right? It's not 'family money'...... hold on though - is Mo's money - Mo's money or is it entire family money run by Mo?

Originally posted by La la+Jul 2nd, 2004 - 9:35 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (La la @ Jul 2nd, 2004 - 9:35 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-QueenB@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 1:29 am
I don't think he's as rich as Mo, no way, but imagine Moness' superwealth divided between 17-27 kids. They wont "even" get one billion each. I doubt Mo's grandchildren will be able to lead the kind of lavish lifestyle that was once enjoyed by Mo and company.

See, Mo was SO right when he said the only significance between his father and him was the beard. At least he's honest. :shock: [/b][/quote]
there was a very good article in W about horsie families and what happens to the farms and legacies after the matriarch/patriarch dies. the article stated that with the distribution of wealth through the generations, that by the time the wealth reaches the 3rd generation (the grandchildren of founding patriarch/matriarch) that the descendants do not have the resources to continue the horsie operations of their forefathers/mothers.

i wonder if a profit/loss analysis has ever been done with godolphin.

Originally posted by QueenB@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 9:40 pm
But Ahmed must be a Billionaire - with all the work and investments he does..... and say he's single..... that's his money right? It's not 'family money'...... hold on though - is Mo's money - Mo's money or is it entire family money run by Mo?
who knows?????

it is definately owned by the emirate which is owned by the maktoum family which is divided between 5 brothers........

SC - what month and year W was that? W did a similar article on the castles and properties passed down from generations - where so many of those descendents are so broke they can barely afford to light the place...
Unless the descendents are business savvy a la Alwaleed and do something other than spend..... then..... W will end up doing a nice 'look what happened' article on them too... :huh:

So when Mo is listed as a top wealthiest..... it's actually wealthiest BEFORE the wealth is split among all bros?

Al-Waleed definitely needs to teach them some good lesson in family planning and finance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom