The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 05:29 PM
Courtier

I kind of like the yellow pants esp. together with the black top, but Carl-Philip desperatly needs a hair cut, it´s several years overdue now...

About the Hockey final it was soo exciting I could not sit still in front of the tv, and in the last minutes i was ready to faint! But it went ok Today the hockey heroes returned to Sweden and was welcomened by huge crowds as it should be.

Old 03-01-2006, 04:52 AM
Serene Highness

I totally disagree about Carl-Philip needing a haircut. He is one of the few european princes who has a bit more "interesting" haircut (most of his "colleagues" have this rather dull average male haircut).
His structure of hair is as beautiful as his mother´s, the Queen, and if there is a person who can afford it to have it like this, he can! It would be a great shame if he would have it cut off!

Old 03-01-2006, 05:14 AM
Heir Apparent

a couple more of King Carl Gustav with Prince Carl-Philip watching the ice-hockey final in torino (from dpa)
Old 03-01-2006, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by purple_platinum
a couple more of King Carl Gustav with Prince Carl-Philip watching the ice-hockey final in torino (from dpa)
Thanks Jess, on that last picture it looks like Prince Carl Philip is shaking it (aka dancing)!
Old 03-01-2006, 02:55 PM
Serene Highness

Is it possible to post some kind of pics from the closing ceremony in Turino?
Old 03-01-2006, 04:37 PM
Commoner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Welcome to The Royal Forums, I hope you will like it here! And thank you, we Swedes (the King included) are mighty proud of our national hockey team Tre Kronor!
TACK! HVALA!
Thank you. I like visiting this forum, because royals aren't very popular subject in Croatia, so all I want to know I find it here.
Hope you all Swedes celebrate gold medal at same way as we did when Janica Kostelić wins here gold and silver medal at this OG.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:25 PM
Nobility

I love the photos of the King and Princes Carl Philip. They look like the had a great time. Congrats to Sweden on the win.
Old 03-07-2006, 02:55 PM
Commoner

the photos are very funny and good victory of sweden !!!

Old 03-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

The current issue of Point de vue has coverage of the death of Queen Silvia's brother.

Photo from pointdevue.fr
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2006, 05:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Closed

This thread has come to its 10 pages now, so it’s time to start up a new one. A big thanks to everyone who has participated in this one, I hope to see you all over in the next one!

The new thread, The Royal Family's Current Events Part 6 can be found here.
Old 03-28-2006, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Family's Current Events - Part 6 (March - October 2006)

Welcome to part 6 of the threads devoted to the current events of the Royal House and Family of Sweden!

Please remember to observe our TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines.

The old thread can be found here.

Happy posting!
Old 03-29-2006, 03:13 PM
Nobility

Okay, so I know where the King, Princess, & Crown Princess are but I am not sure where the Queen and Prince are. Could someone tell me? :o

P.S. I don't know if it was done on purpose but there is no link from the old thread to this one. Just thought I'd say something incase.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:39 AM
Heir Presumptive

In this weeks Svensk Damtidning an article about Victorias visit to Brazil mentions that both the Queen and princess Madeleine joined Victoria during her private stay with the queens brazilian relatives.

Have any other magazines written about this?

edit: I just read that no one in the royal family has a official engagement next week... so perhaps they will all met in Brazil for a easter holiday?
Old 04-27-2006, 06:15 AM
Heir Apparent

new pictures!!!

Apr 25, 2006
Stockholm, SWEDEN
Crown Princess VICTORIA and Princess LILIAN attend the annual meeting of the 'Sweden-America Foundation.

photos from zumapress :

Old 04-27-2006, 06:17 AM
Heir Apparent

just a few more of Victoria from zumapress :

Old 05-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Nobility

Wow photo on Crown princess Victoria and princess Lilian.!!!! It is crow princess Victoria smile and princess Lilian is much grand old lady!!!! She is much great humour and aunt of royal family!!!! Crown Princess Victoria is beautiful many photo!!!!
Old 05-07-2006, 01:41 PM
Royal Highness

Grandduchess posted in the Official Calendar thread, that Princess Madeleine may be joining her parents at some functions in New York. I hope she can make it; it would be wonderful to see Madeleine with her parents in NYC. :)
Old 05-11-2006, 09:06 AM
Heir Apparent

Pictures by Finn Fonns via Expressen.

Princess Madeleine & Jonas hosted the King and Queen as guests in their New York home!

Expressen reports that yesterday the King and Queen visited Princess Madeleine and her boyfriend Jonas Bergström in their apartment in New York. Just after 6 PM local time, the car cortège rolled in outside their building on Manhattan.

Sources to the newspaper say that:

- The visit was planned since a long time, but Jonas was really nervous.

- Madeleine has talked on the phone with mother and father about how nice they are having things, and the King and Queen have been excited to see how they're living in New York.

The visit lasted for around one hour.
- It was nice, Madeleine had fixed drinks and little snacks. The feeling was happy and hearty.

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=583157
Old 05-11-2006, 11:42 AM
Gentry

Death of Comte Charles Albert Antoine Jean Ullens de Schooten-Whettnal

He was the former husband of Comtess Madeleine Ingeborg Ella Astrid Bernadotte, herself a daughter of Prince Carl Gustaf Oscar Fredrik Christian of Sweden, Prince Bernadotte and Countess Elsa von Rosen.

Comte Charles Albert Antoine Jean Ullens de Schooten-Whettnal was born on 26 november 1927 and died yesterday @ Leuven. He was made Count 17-8-1962 by King Baudouin.

He was father of 4 children: Marie, Jean, Astrid & Sophie.
Old 05-11-2006, 01:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Today the King and Queen together with Princess Madeleine attended the start of leg 7 of the Volvo Ocean Race. They all participated in a so called "spectator cruise", watching the boats leaving New York. Pictures from AP via Yahoo.

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine