The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 08:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by soCal girl
I think Jonas is very handsome and a great boyfriend from Madeleine but I wonder if he ever gets tired of following Madeleine? When she moved, he moved, when she came back for a quick trip to Sweden, he came with her. I'm not saying it's a bad thing but I wonder if he ever gets tired of it. I know we don't know if he wants to or she asks him or whatever but it seems like they're always together.
I definitely understand what you mean, it can definitely seem like that. But on the other hand, I think this also shows that their relationship is very strong now. That they wanted to stay together so much that both of them moved across the Atlantic together. I would also suspect that this was something they decided together, Jonas had finished law school and needed some practice at a good lawfirm, and Madeleine also wanted to continue her education as princess - so New York was probably the ultimate place for them. Privacy at the same time as they could develop themselves and continue their relationship.

The press has written that Jonas is starting his first job position at a very good lawfirm in Stockholm in the autumn, so I don't think he's going back to New York anymore, unless it's for vacationing. We'll have to wait to sometime in August to know what Princess Madeleine will be doing though.

Old 08-03-2006, 05:40 PM
Heir Apparent

This must've been the worst summer ever when it comes to pictures and news from the Royal Family's holiday... Only a few pictures of the King and Queen in St Maxime, and a whole bunch of rather boring ones of Princess Madeleine and Jonas at an airport (completely missing out on vacation pictures from St Tropez this year!)... A big boo to the mainstream press from me.

Well anyway, here's a picture from 15 July, the day after Crown Princess Victoria's birthday. It's a tradition for the King's sister and other friends and family to come visit the royals at Solliden every summer, and this year it seems at least one of the sisters were there on Victoria's birthday even.

From the left to right are: Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Désirée Baroness Silfverschiöld, Princess Lilian, the Queen and the King. Behind Princess Lilian is Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld, Princess Désirée's husband. Does anyone know who the young man in sun glasses is, and the older one looking down to the ground? Perhaps Yennie or Lena, any clues?

Picture scanned by me, from Pressens Bild via Svensk Damtidning.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sommaren 2006, 15 juli.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	257732  

Old 08-03-2006, 05:57 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
This must've been the worst summer ever when it comes to pictures and news from the Royal Family's holiday... Only a few pictures of the King and Queen in St Maxime, and a whole bunch of rather boring ones of Princess Madeleine and Jonas at an airport (completely missing out on vacation pictures from St Tropez this year!)... A big boo to the mainstream press from me.
I agree that the press is getting extremely lazy as the years go by. Victoria, Carl Philip, and especially Madeleine are in their peak right now when it comes to "sexy" vacation shots. I thought we might get a fuzzy picture of Madeleine on the beach but we didn't . We know she was at the beach because of her tan!
Old 08-03-2006, 07:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

But the summer isnt over yet... Victorias UD course starts in september and Madeleine will probably stay in Sweden a few weeks more... lets hope some paparazzies finds them so we´ll get some photos :)
Old 08-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Serene Highness

GrandDuchess, I think the young men with glases is Prince Carl Philip?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
From the left to right are: Crown Princess Victoria, Princess Désirée Baroness Silfverschiöld, Princess Lilian, the Queen and the King. Behind Princess Lilian is Baron Niclas Silfverschiöld, Princess Désirée's husband. Does anyone know who the young man in sun glasses is, and the older one looking down to the ground? Perhaps Yennie or Lena, any clues?

Picture scanned by me, from Pressens Bild via Svensk Damtidning.
Old 08-04-2006, 06:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

Yes it could be Carl Philip... if not I have no idea who he is. As far as I know there are no other male relatives around that age?
Old 08-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Carl Philip, really?! If it is, he looks very very different in that picture! And the style of clothes is also quite different, not what we usually see him in... But perhaps it is...
Old 08-09-2006, 01:31 PM
Commoner

It's Carl Philip?
Old 08-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Aristocracy

if it's really carl Philip, wow... he looks so different. But he's stil handsome as usual.
Old 08-18-2006, 08:49 AM
Gentry

Junior WaterPrize

Are there any pictures of the Junior WaterPrize & WaterPrize? thanks
Old 08-18-2006, 09:01 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosalyn
Are there any pictures of the Junior WaterPrize & WaterPrize? thanks
The Stockholm Junior Water Prize and the Stockholm International Water Prize haven't been awarded for this year yet. You have to wait until next week, when the Crown Princess will award them both to their recipients.
Old 10-07-2006, 01:24 PM
Courtier

Why does Victoria insists in lookin like a librarian or a school girl !. The glasses and the hairdo makes me think of that. I understand she must wear the glasses in order for her to see. She is almost 30! she should find an stylist that would make her look more classy and adult and still serious... or ask her sister who knows what she is doing!
Old 10-07-2006, 04:42 PM
Heir Apparent

STOCKHOLM 2006-10-05 Crown Princess Victoria and King Carl XVI Gustaf during Thursday Oct. 04, 2006 World Wide Fund for Nature WWF annual autum meeting in Stockholm Photo HENRIK MONTGOMERY / SCANPIX SWEDEN CODE 10060

from anp

Old 10-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you fanletizia! I love the images.
Victoria's coat looks very interesting, does anybody have better picture?
Actually I'm glad they were in occasion like this, because I think WWF makes a lot of good things for animals
Old 10-09-2006, 03:08 AM
Aristocracy

Cabinet meeting for the new Swedish Government 2006
STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN 06.10.2006. Pictured: Cabinet meeting to introduce the new Government to King Carl XVI Gustaf and Crown Princess Victoria.

Photos from Polfoto

Old 10-10-2006, 02:35 AM
Aristocracy

STOCKHOLM 08.10.2006
Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Madeleine attends a church service celebrating the 700-year anniversary of Storkyrkan cathedral in Stockholm, Sweden. CP Victoria's boyfriend was also presents.

Photos from: anp-photo.com

Old 10-10-2006, 04:11 AM
Gentry

Thank you, Tartucat, for providing the nice pictures of the siblings. Here a link to Expressen where you can see that Daniel Westling was present, too, as you already said.
Link originally posted by Ritva (www.ritva.com):

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=712126
Just scroll down and you will find the pic.
Old 10-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Courtier

thank you tartutcat. In the second picture it looks like Maddie has dark roots, but I believed she was natural blonde. Is it her hair or she needs to visit her stylist like now!¿
Does anyone know if CP is already in the US
Old 10-11-2006, 02:00 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrilo
thank you tartutcat. In the second picture it looks like Maddie has dark roots, but I believed she was natural blonde. Is it her hair or she needs to visit her stylist like now!¿
Does anyone know if CP is already in the US
You are welcome, avrilo. I agree with you that on 2nd picture it looks like Princess Madeleine needs to visit her stylist ASAP as the dark roots are showing I wonder why she didn't wear a hat like her sister? Sorry, but I haven't seen Madeleine with so bad hair-do so far. Otherwise this is very beautiful picture. Mmm, she has very, very beautiful eyes.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:45 PM
Courtier

Princess Madeleine is a natural blond but in the last 4-5 years her hair has darkened so she does lighten it.

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine