The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-17-2004, 09:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@May 17th, 2004 - 5:34 pm
Ok, let´s speculate girls (of course the boys are also invited to participate :P )...who will do best next Friday and on the main event on Saturday in Spain??
I just hope that Carl Phillip doesn't recycle the black jacket with floral imprint he wore to the Danish youth party. That I would not like to see again ever in my lifetime!

If the Swedish royals must recycle however, I do hope Victoria wears the pretty green floral print outfit she wore to Ingrid Alexandra's baptism (as in Lena's avatar). I find it ever so pretty and feminine. Although is it too close to wear such an obvious outfit again? Baptism at the beginning of April, wedding at the end of May? :(

Old 05-17-2004, 11:57 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexandria@May 17th, 2004 - 8:22 pm
I just hope that Carl Phillip doesn't recycle the black jacket with floral imprint he wore to the Danish youth party. That I would not like to see again ever in my lifetime!

I agree! That jacket was absolutley terrible...usually Prince Carl Phippe has very nice suits, but that was one ugly jacket! IMO it should be thrown out or burned so it never appears on Prince Carl Phillpe again!

Old 05-18-2004, 02:04 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
I agree! That jacket was absolutley terrible...usually Prince Carl Phippe has very nice suits, but that was one ugly jacket! IMO it should be thrown out or burned so it never appears on Prince Carl Phillpe again!
Let´s hope he gave it to Mary as a wedding gift so she can put it into the bonfire with some of Frederik´s clothes.

As for recycling clothes, it´s a shame, for me, that my two favorite gowns of Victoria´s are rather dark and really should be avoided for a wedding. I would have to go with the one she wore to the banquet before Märtha Louise´s wedding or the dress she wore to the wedding itself. Or maybe a blazer and a pin-striped suit to please Lena! Ha ha ha! As for Silvia, well she can wear a blouse and jeans, it does not matter. She will still look like a queen! :flower:
Old 05-18-2004, 10:42 AM
Heir Apparent

We all now that the grandness of the wedding of Crown Prince Felipe and Leticia will be kept down because of the terror attacks in Madrid earlier this spring. From the beginning they were planning the full splendour of a Crown Princely wedding, but after the attack they said that the wedding is still on – but not in the grand scale. For example, they will only have a lunch after the wedding on Saturday, not the usual grand banquet in the evening. Also, the official wedding festivities is not in the scale that is often the case for Crown Princely weddings.

Therefore I wonder if anyone know what the dress code is? Will it be A, like for Crown Prince Fredrik’s wedding – which means the guests are expected to wear the best they have? Or will they keep the dress code down too a bit?

I really hope that Crown Princess Victoria will wear something better than the green dress from last weekend, and that Prince Carl Philip leaves that floral imprint jacket at home (maybe he can use if for a bonfire at next year’s Valborg/Walpurgis… ). I also hope and believe that Queen Silvia will be stylish as always, and that Princess Madeleine (who always looks good) will do the same. The King however, doesn’t have the same range of choice – so he always looks okay in the uniform.
Old 05-18-2004, 10:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandDuchess@May 18th, 2004 - 10:42 am
The King however, doesn’t have the same range of choice – so he always looks okay in the uniform.
Yes, too bad he is not Scottish. He could follow the lead of John Donaldson... :P
Old 05-18-2004, 10:59 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandDuchess@May 18th, 2004 - 10:42 am
Therefore I wonder if anyone know what the dress code is? Will it be A, like for Crown Prince Fredrik’s wedding – which means the guests are expected to wear the best they have? Or will they keep the dress code down too a bit?
I think it will be suits (skirts and a jacket and hat) for the ladies and uniforms or morning suits for the men. I think the Spanish ladies may wear mantillas, too, as I have read that idea tossed about. But check the Crown Prince Felipe sub forum for News on the wedding.
Old 05-18-2004, 11:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Maybe the Swedes should introduce a "swedish kilt" with a blue main colour and yellow crosses :P
And of course Carl Philip should wear this then...especially on windy days :woot:

I think that the dress code will be the same as at the weddings of Infanta Elena and Christina...and I hope that all will wear "full regalia" (=long gala dresses, tiaras, jewellery, uniforms...) on the pre-wedding event on Friday. But I´m not sure I think they didn´t in 1997 and now after the terror attacks it´s even more doubtful.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:56 PM
Heir Apparent

From "Stig" at The Scandinavian Royals Message Board:

Sonja Robbert, second wife of Count Sigvard Bernadotte, died on 21 May 2004.
Death notice in Berlingske Tidende 26 May 2004:

Sonja Bernadotte
f. Robbert
* 12. oktober 1909 † 21. maj 2004
er gået over tærsklen til den åndelige verden
Michael, Christine, Kajsa
Helge Robbert
Familien Robbert
Familien Robbert-Rasmussen
Bisættelsen finder sted i Kristensamfundets Kirke i
Järna/Saltå, Sverige, lørdag den 29. maj kl. 14.00
Old 05-26-2004, 06:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by GrandDuchess@May 26th, 2004 - 10:56 pm
From "Stig" at The Scandinavian Royals Message Board:

Sonja Robbert, second wife of Count Sigvard Bernadotte, died on 21 May 2004.
Death notice in Berlingske Tidende 26 May 2004:

Sonja Bernadotte
f. Robbert
* 12. oktober 1909 † 21. maj 2004
er gået over tærsklen til den åndelige verden
Michael, Christine, Kajsa
Helge Robbert
Familien Robbert
Familien Robbert-Rasmussen
Bisættelsen finder sted i Kristensamfundets Kirke i
Järna/Saltå, Sverige, lørdag den 29. maj kl. 14.00
I´ve thought he had only 2! Firstly Sonja and then Marianne (?)
Old 05-27-2004, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I´ve thought he had only 2! Firstly Sonja and then Marianne (?)
But isn´t he married to Sonja # 2 now? Or are they just "together"
I´m confused :P
Old 05-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Majesty

Pr Sigvard of Sweden, Duke of Uppland, b.Drottningholm 7 Jun 1907; m.London 1st 8 Mar 1934 (div1943) Erika Patzek (b.Wilmersdorf 12 Jul 1911);

m.Copenhagen 2d 26 Oct 1943 (div 1961) Sonia de Robbert (b.Copenhagen 12 Oct 1909);

m.3d Stockholm 30 Jul 1961 Marianne Lindberg (b.Helsingborg 25 Jul 1924)
Old 05-27-2004, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

It seems that some of you have confused Count Sigvard with Count Lennart. Count Sigvard (called "the design prince") was born as a Prince but lost his titles and place in the succession when he married a commoner. He became a world name in design, and still today his influences are obvious. He died in 2002. Count Lennart is the one who lives on Mainau (the flower island), and he is married to Sonja. They are both alive and kicking! :P
Old 06-12-2004, 08:16 AM
Majesty

It is time to clsoe thread but do not worry about that we all meet at the Replying to Family News Part 2

just follow this link and you will come to the new thread
Old 06-12-2004, 08:18 AM
Majesty

here you go......

you can read the old thread here
Old 06-18-2004, 09:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Lena@Jun 18th, 2004 - 5:09 pm

Thursday 1/7
Participation at the olympic torch relay
Stockholm- prince Carl Philip

I´m already imaging, what he will wear then :woot: I guess it will be short shorts and a singlet (hopefully it will be hot, well it will be surely H-O-T :woot: )
Old 06-19-2004, 12:49 AM
Majesty

Of course, it will be h-o-t according to Lena; Carl Philip will be involved.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
´m already imaging, what he will wear then  I guess it will be short shorts and a singlet (hopefully it will be hot, well it will be surely H-O-T
now, Lena. Controll yourself! behave :P
Old 06-19-2004, 09:55 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Yennie@Jun 19th, 2004 - 11:22 am
Quote:
´m already imaging, what he will wear then* I guess it will be short shorts and a singlet (hopefully it will be hot, well it will be surely H-O-T
now, Lena. Controll yourself! behave :P
Ehm...yes...sorry...a short moment of loss of control :P But I´m still looking forward to watch him running *sigh*
Old 06-20-2004, 02:55 AM
Majesty

Maybe he will show up in one of those warming up suits and they will show him taking off the jacket and pants in slow motion. :P
Old 06-22-2004, 02:35 AM
Aristocracy

The Royal strip B)

Not that long to wait Lena, but try not to drool alot, the computer may explode...

Closed Thread

Tags
bernadotte, carl gustav, carl philip, crown princess victoria, current events, king carl xvi gustav, lilian, prince carl philip, princess birgitta, princess christina mrs magnusson, princess desiree, princess lilian, princess margaretha mrs ambler, queen silvia, silvia, swedish royal family, princess madeleine