The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2008, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Looking at the poll's current results, quite a few people think they will never marry...

Old 12-15-2008, 06:16 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Just wondering how should he be preparing himself? 8 years is a long time and he already speaks Swedish... I am sure he has table manners and is potty trained, so.he has all the basics covered.. . Instead of doing nothing he seems to prefer to be busy building his own life, which might be better for his image than when he seems to party & do nothing... As a member of the RF he can still invest etc. in financial things, provided they are not shady, just the active day-to-day involvement at the gym will probably stop.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

His survival of decades ahead of meeting dignitaries on an international level is hardly secured by knowing what fork to use and which toilet to go to...
As Lena and I pointed out, his business investment ARE starting to look shady and as if relying heavily on using connections he only has thanks to the Crown Princess. Additionally, his latest investments in long-term businesses which might first return a profit in years to come do indeed make you wonder what his priorities are now, and what his future plans in life might be.
If those plans include the Crown Princess, and since his English is reportedly basic at best, I'd suggest for him to start preparing for his new job by learning how to speak this language. He can't possibly last through conversations at a state visit's banquet by simply being potty trained and not spilling his soup.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

And after having studied English, he could go through this lovely list of books
Amazon.com: bankrupcy

I have a feeling someone would drop him like a hot potato after a break-up with the golden goose...err...crown princess, I mean.

Building his own life made of course sense in the first years, but now Victoria is more or less through with her education (no university or military in the way...I guess you were refering to luvely Kate, Marengo ), they had dated for ages, the Royal family could need a heir and as the world´s best Boris had said, Daniel is going for long-term businesses...and it doesn´t look, as if he would have a "Royal plan" also.
In other words...by now it would be better he would party...as one could read it as "last eruption of a bachelor"

Well, better and better. As unwilling as he seems...an other candidate would be probably better for the Monarchy.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:20 PM
Aristocracy

Hey, mastering the basic is tough! Ask any 2 year old. And if he doesn't speak English, that's even better so if he does throw a hissy fit it would be harder to get an interview with him if he only speaks one language right? (jk) There is no proof either way what the state of his English is now, or before, some say it's basic, others have reported it has improved greatly. The idea he is bad in english (I assume) is based off his grades, but that could always be miss leading. Just like a native english speaker can fail english, so could someone who has learned it as a 2nd langauge. I've know pleantly of people who can under stand english perfectly just have either a stong accent or trouble with pronucing it. I've known so many people who grew up speaking both spanish and english but when it came time to do their 2nd language requirement fail spanish class dispite speaking it perfectly beucase they can't read or write in spanish. If his english is indeed in need of improvement its hard to improve a language unless you use it regularly so he could always get 'on the job training', he wouldnt' be the first. I think part of the reason he is seen is such a bad light (what gets write about him is more bad points then good) is its harder when someone starts off from being being labeled bad, then it would be for a 'good' person to go bad. I'm sure there are postive things about him that just don't get attenation. She knows she will be Queen one day and what that means for both her and her husband so I dont' think she would keep him around if she didn't see somthing good him that would help as a consort. But that is just my two-cents, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
His survival of decades ahead of meeting dignitaries on an international level is hardly secured by knowing what fork to use and which toilet to go to...
As Lena and I pointed out, his business investment ARE starting to look shady and as if relying heavily on using connections he only has thanks to the Crown Princess. Additionally, his latest investments in long-term businesses which might first return a profit in years to come do indeed make you wonder what his priorities are now, and what his future plans in life might be.
If those plans include the Crown Princess, and since his English is reportedly basic at best, I'd suggest for him to start preparing for his new job by learning how to speak this language. He can't possibly last through conversations at a state visit's banquet by simply being potty trained and not spilling his soup.
I don't think you need to be a brain scientist to be a member of a reiging RF to be honest. Just be pleasant enough with people you meet, speak English indeed and the language of whatever country you live in, wave, smile and have table manners... those are the basics. If you can do anything more than that it is an added bonus but IMHO no RF would be harmed if a (crown)prince or princess did not have an internship with the EU or was involved in a project of the UN. Knowledge of the English language would be nice indeed but perhaps he is studying, I don't think the press knows his daily sheduele. And since it isn't brain science (I am repeating myself) there will be enough time to learn whatever it is he needs to learn after he gets engaged or married (when easter and pentecost fall on one day, it seems).

From what I read here the business dealings don't look all that shady, just a hint of nepotism perhaps, which isn't that surprising. We can hardly expect him to ask the bank/investment group if he may pay a higher interest rate.... he isn't a saint .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena
Tja Boris...but as it seems, it´s only us holding this opinion.
I am still hoping she will find some nice archduke soon, but somehow that isn't a very likely scenario .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris
...which would actually make me vote for 'I hope they will never marry' in the poll that's currently running AGAIN - if there was such an option.
No problem, we can add that next year. If nothing changed by then I might include the option 'Enough already! Get it over with!' too....
Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnana View Post
She knows she will be Queen one day and what that means for both her and her husband so I dont' think she would keep him around if she didn't see somthing good him that would help as a consort. But that is just my two-cents, I like to give people the benefit of the doubt.
Well, no one is completely incompetent for a job.
But I am honestly wondering, if she is really thinking/acting with the "ThyssenKrupp spine", she must have gotten from her mother, when she is watching Daniel.
Since the video to Frederik´s birthday party got released, I am really disillusioned...

Quote:
From what I read here it doesn't look all that shady, just a hint of nepotism perhaps, but that isn't that surprising. We can hardly expect him to ask the bank/investment group if he may pay a higher interest rate.... he isn't a saint .
Lol. None would...that´s for sure.
I guess it would depend on the kind of "promotion" in the end. If Swedes are expected to travel to Brazil, because the Crown Princess would also hang out there, this would be much worse than Ol´Henrik´s winery or Carl Gustaf´s cattle...that each investor is getting an own villa, let me fear the worst...
Old 12-15-2008, 08:45 PM
Administrator

Isn't Silvia the one hanging out in Brazil -rather to often for her own good I might add ... And why would the Swedes travel all the way to Brazil if they can hang out with the crown princess in Daniel's gym ...

Seriously, I think that on the other side, if Daniel would make these investments in a way that nobody knew about it, there would probably be people complaining for more openess in his finances (if he will become a member of the RF) etc. And to forbid him from doing with his money what he wants seems a step too far as well.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:57 PM
Heir Apparent

Not all can hang out with Victoria at the gyms. As she is member of the exclusive ones and often works out, when its actually locked
When she had started to work out in the exclusive gyms (or better said, when it became public knowledge), the profit had grown around 250%

As the whole Brazil project is set up (they are aiming 6 stars ), I guess it would be meant to attract the jetset (international included) and here a crown princess or ex ABBA member wouldn´t be bad.
None would aim 6 stars without having a very special clientele in focus. The bank director, who has money, but who prefers good old holidays with old friends in his fishing hut in the norwegian woods wouldn´t be "target"
Well, in the end...one has to wait and see, how things are meant. Somehow me wouldn´t be surprised, if the project would get cancelled.
As it seems it gets investigated, as one of the investors had been in a dubious Luxemburg project before...

Yes, Silvia would have a place to hide, when recovering
Old 01-02-2009, 01:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

According to an article in Expressen, Victoria and Daniel are fed up with the media and are hiding at Victoria´s apartment at the Drottningholm castle. Their circle of friends has become smaller and they have obtained several secret holiday locations worldwide. Nowadays Victoria and Daniel have only few people whom they trust. Restaurateur and owner of Operakällaren - Alessandro Catenacci - and his family has become extremely close friends with Victoria and Daniel. He is one of who helps Daniel and Victoria when they want to go away on holiday, he organizes up homes on hidden small towns, says a person close to them.
Expressen/Victoria och Daniel isolerade i 2-rummare
Posh 24/Victoria & Daniel gömmer sig på slottet!
Old 01-02-2009, 01:47 PM
Heir Apparent

So Catenacci again
If we believe all, what Johan T. Lindwall had said in this article, they are getting closer and closer, but obviously they are neither going a step forward, nor they break up. When will the word "slow" get replaced by "Victoria and Daniel" in word books?
Johan T. had yesterday also said, that in his opinion a wedding in 2009 is unlikely, as it would take a whole year to prepare a wedding (weird, that no other Royal house in Europe needed a full year )
Expresssen also made a poll, 60% of the readers believe, that they will never marry...
Old 01-08-2009, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel Westling has given a short interview to a school magazine of Ockelbo "En Spänn":
En Spänn/Ockelboandan präglas i Daniel Westling
Daniel tells that he does very different things in Ockelbo than he does in Stockholm. When he comes home he can recharge his batteries. He says that there is a special Ockelbo spirit based on people living in Ockelbo, they care about each other. Daniel visits his home, family and friends often and they mean just as much now as before he became known.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:32 PM
Heir Apparent

The interview with Daniel is nearly 5 years old! Obviously the chicas at Svensk Mormortidning have nothing other to write about.

If I´d be them, I´d simply buy all Scanpix photos on the Swedish Royals available and would write some captures and that´s it...or would just report about foreign Royals
But to dig old stories up and to play with old theories (they again have a story about Madeleine not being allowed to marry before Victoria and so she can´t buy her dream house together with Jonas. Most likely she never had intended to buy the house) or to fool ppl with misleading headlines on the cover (e.g. about Victoria being in love with 2 guys...Haakon and Frederik are meant) is soooooooooooooooooooooooo annoying
Old 01-12-2009, 12:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

Expressen/Här bryter Victoria isoleringen
Victoria and Daniel surprised other customers inside the Stadium on Kungsgatan in central Stockholm last Friday. Shortly before closing time the crown princess and Daniel came in to bargain sale. They bought gifts for Daniels father Olle. He had his 64 birthday last week and retired one year before the normal time.
Expressen/Nu öppnar Daniel sitt supergym
In a newly renovated house one block from the station Solna outside Stockholm is the latest addition to Danbiel Westling´s training empire. He now opens a new supergym, two floors with personal trainer, group and tool training, massage, yoga and physical therapy.
Yesterday, he checked the last details to ensure that everything was ready.
Old 02-24-2009, 03:20 AM
Majesty

Engagement Rumors

are victoria getting married
engagement today
Aftonbladet: Sveriges nyhetsportal

Nyheter - Expressen.se

there will be a konsilj at the castle today and papers say its to annunce a engemnet between victoria and Daniel

http://www.dn.se/

http://www.svd.se/

http://www.svenskdamtidning.se/Sites...nredirect=true

svt.se - Startsida

says that speculations are all over sweden but its still not confirmed....
Old 02-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Nobility

Hurra!!! 13.00 im glued to the radio/computer/tv. Very exciting!
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 02-24-2009, 03:37 AM
Majesty

the court press secretary says that she can´t say anything but that after the konsilj the papers can get back to her

royal court webbsite
http://www.royalcourt.se/

in english
http://www.royalcourt.se/royalcourt....800054503.html

do you think its true?

norway reports on it also
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ir...cle2943956.ece

denmark also starts to report on it
http://www.bt.dk/article/20090224/royalt/90224018/

i am not to sure yet
Old 02-24-2009, 03:49 AM
Nobility

Well there is a posibility its not about Victoria, right? I mean there are other pepole who might get married in the future in the royal family ( M and CP) but its a konsilj and thats a good start... :-)
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 02-24-2009, 04:02 AM
Majesty

nyhetskanalen.se has some news, but still only speculation

more and more i do think we are going get a hit and miss.
does anyone know how the engagement went about with the king and silvia.?

i have a feeling this is not gonna happned
but this is the first time we here that a engagement is gonna happned "today"
before it has said it gonna happned during this or that year....

more and more i do think we are going get a hit and miss.
does anyone know how the engagement went about with the king and silvia.?

i have a feeling this is not gonna happned
but this is the first time we here that a engagement is gonna happned "today"
before it has said it gonna happned during this or that year....

from the local
The Local - Sweden's news in English
Old 02-24-2009, 04:38 AM
Serene Highness

How exciting is it!!!
Can't wait to hear what is the real news!!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Closed Thread