The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2011, 06:02 AM
Nobility

The royal court have bought a place for Daniel on a universitycourse

Hovet betalar för Daniels utbildning - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

200 000 is around 25000 dollar or 22000 euro.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:30 AM
Courtier

While I'm not sure I agree with the idea of "buying" an education, I think this will prove to be a good investment in the long run as Daniel will be able to use his position to raise awareness of children's health issues. I hope the Swedish people will see the long run benefits of this.

Old 06-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarNoe View Post
While I'm not sure I agree with the idea of "buying" an education, I think this will prove to be a good investment in the long run as Daniel will be able to use his position to raise awareness of children's health issues. I hope the Swedish people will see the long run benefits of this.
Well Aftonbladets headlines were when i saw them outside: Daniel skipped the que, the court bought him a education for the taxpayers money.

And yesterday i saw further down:
1 year since Victoria and Daniels wedding, send us your best photos.
Old 06-11-2011, 11:10 AM
Aristocracy

There must not be many problems in Sweden if this is all they have to report as "news"...
Old 06-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Imperial Majesty

It has been publicly known from the beginning of the year, that Daniel is studying at Karolinska Institutet, it reads on his biography at the site of the royal house,
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post

Hovet betalar för Daniels utbildning - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

- Because the prince's main task is to follow the crown princess, he is not able to attend regular education, it must be tailored to fit his wife´s program, said Marshal Svante Lindqvist.
According to him, the education is paid from the apanage.
- Prince is extremely involved in childhood diseases, childhood obesity, among other things, and lifestyle-related diseases and this is the area he wants to work within. And he feels that he must know the medical grounds. I think that is a good investment for us taxpayers. We will get back in better health and reduce suffering in the coming years, says Svante Lindqvist.

It is perfectly legal to buy the way past the queue, thanks to the State Ordinance on Contract. The idea is that the authorities and employers can buy training to enhance their staff skills. Commissioned is a form of education outside the regular university course.
In this case, Daniel and the court want to raise Daniel´s skills. The plan is for him to read 30 credits/points in physiology for four semesters. This spring, Daniel has taken 7.5 credits in physiology, in the course "Human physical activity and health".
Köper sig förbi kön för 200 000 | Nyheter | Aftonbladet
Old 06-11-2011, 03:38 PM
Nobility

Sorry, i calculated wrong. Its about 33000 dollars
Old 06-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:

So paying tuition is now called "buying" a place?
Old 06-11-2011, 09:51 PM
Courtier

After reading the last several posts about HRH Prince Daniel pursuing an education (I think), I still cannot be sure I am understanding it correctly. I hope someone can explain this situation concerning Prince Daniel in a way that is conducive to understand the behind the scene's goings-on in this particular soap opera.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan
If I'm not mistaken, education does not cost that much in Sweden.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:48 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotHRH View Post
After reading the last several posts about HRH Prince Daniel pursuing an education (I think), I still cannot be sure I am understanding it correctly. I hope someone can explain this situation concerning Prince Daniel in a way that is conducive to understand the behind the scene's goings-on in this particular soap opera.
Daniel has wanted to educate himself at Karolinska Institutet. He hasn´t had enough good grades from his studies to get to the University. In Sweden, it is possible to buy a university course, it is prescribed at the Ordinance on Contract Education at Universities and University Colleges. The idea is that the authorities and employers can buy training to enhance their staff skills. The university can decide the prize of this kind of education, and in Sweden it is 200000 SEK, about 22000 euros.
Government offices of Sweden - Ordinance on Contract Education at Universities and University Colleges

Daniel´s plan is to study 30 credits/points in physiology for four semesters. This spring, Daniel has taken 7.5 credits in physiology.

I think that it is this course Daniel has been studying at:
Program & kurser - Program och kurser - Karolinska Institutet
Google Translate
The course has been every Monday at 17:30 to 20:30 during the spring semester until the end of the course May 30.
The student will after the course
* Have an overview of human anatomy and physiology
* Be able to name the different parts of the most important body systems
* Understand and describe the overall functionality of: The individual cell, tissues, nervous system, sense organs (hearing, sight, touch, taste, smell, balance, muscle and joint inside), endocrine system, heart (pump function, conduction, blood pressure regulation, blood flow distribution), respiration, kidney, gastrointestinal, musculoskeletal system, reproduction and defense mechanisms.
Välkommen till kursen Fysiologi - en introduktion - Karolinska Institutet
Old 06-12-2011, 04:45 AM
Courtier

Thanks LadyFinn.

I too did not understand the fuss about this. Summer season already, they have nothing better to write about? It's already known from January that he's taking a curse there. I'd say it's a good investment for the future, since it looks he will be covering also these areas.
Old 06-12-2011, 05:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
It is when university education in Sweden is free, the prerequisite is that you achieve high enough grades in your final year of high school to enter the course and university of your choice. Daniel didn't achieve high enough grades or points to enter this particular university on merit. Therefore he had to attend in a different way and that was to 'buy' a place. It's a way for students to enter a course they couldn't get into otherwise. Not illegal, in Daniel's case he didn't deny another student a place in the course he's doing but rather the university added an extra place for him.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by grevinnan View Post
Yes, since the university courses in Sweden are free for every EU-citizen
Old 06-12-2011, 10:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74

With good enough grades to get in on merit per above posts....
Old 06-12-2011, 12:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
"Uppdragsutbildning" is not free. You pay for the number of units studied. It is often used by people to enhance their professional lives. He is probably one of hundreds at Karolinska doing the same thing.

Uppdragsutbildning - KI Uppdragsutbildning - Karolinska Institutet
Old 06-14-2011, 01:41 PM
Imperial Majesty

About Daniel´s attendance at The International 21st Puijo Symposium on the 29th June in Kuopio, Finland. The director of Kuopio Research Institute of Exercise Medicine, Rainer Rauramaa tells, that Daniel was planned to stay longer at the symposium (it´s a four-day event), but due to the Monaco wedding he will only attend at the first day.
Prinssi Daniel yllätysvierailulle Kuopioon - Kotimaa - Savon Sanomat

Prins Daniel satsar på utbildning | Svensk Damtidning
Old 06-16-2011, 01:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Daniel attended today the ICSB Swedish Entrepreneurship Forum and handed out the Global Award for Entrepreneurship Research (100 000 euros) to professor Steven Klepper. He and professor Klepper had a deep conservation.
esbribloggen - om entreprenörskap, innovation och småföretagande: Maud, Daniel och Steven på plats
Kuvia käyttäjältä ESBRI | Facebook
Prins Daniel delade ut prestigefyllt entreprenörskapspris « Entreprenörskapsforum

”Viktigt med utbildning” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

Daniel arriving to the Forum with the minister Enterprise and Energy, Maud Olofsson.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Iltasanomat quotes Expressen:
Daniel said on Thursday about the discussion about his education: What can I say? It will remain to its own value.
He said also that he is very grateful to have an opportunity to study like this, it is an enormous chance.
Expressen did not get the results of Daniel´s course from Karolinska Institutet. Bertil Ternert from the court said that Daniel´s grades are good.
- I may say so, although they are not public, Ternert said.
Prinssi Daniel opiskelukritiikistä: Minkäs teet! - Ilta-Sanomat
Old 06-18-2011, 05:19 AM
Imperial Majesty

PROGRAM FOR H.K.H. Prince Daniel visit at World Transplant Games 2011
Gothenburg, Sweden June 18, 2011

11.15 Prince Daniel arrives to Slottsskogsvallen
11.30 Prince Daniel starts the Livsloppet
11:35 Children's races start, 50 meter sprint
11:40 Ceremony, Prince Daniel delivering prizes
11:50 Photo opportunity with Prince Daniel and the kids
12.00 Prince Daniel meets the winner of the Livsloppet
12.30 Prince Daniel visits the City Library's exhibition of innovations in the transplantation field.
13.15 Lunch at the Concert Hall, the host Västra Götaland Region - Only invited guests.
14.30 Ceremony on stage in front Götaplatsen
Prince Daniel hands out medals to the winners of the morning.
14:40 Prince Daniel greets the contestants
Prince Daniel, WTGF President Oliver Coustere and WTG2011 President Anders Olsson greets the contestants by going around the Poseidon at
Götaplatsen, where each team stands by its flag. Photo opportunity with Prince Daniel and the contestants.
15:00 Cruise from Götaplatsen to Lisebergshallen
Prince Daniel leads the beginning of the march and first part of the march from Götaplatsen down to Lisebergshallen before the opening ceremony to be held at 16.00-17.00. All participating countries are in the procession and take part in the inauguration ceremony.
World Transplant Games 2011 - Prins Daniel inviger World Transplant Games - Mynewsdesk
Old 06-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Commoner

Nothing much of a quiet wedding anniversary, ist it? I think it's great that he goes. It seems the perfect cause for him.
Old 06-18-2011, 05:32 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by anys View Post
Nothing much of a quiet wedding anniversary, ist it? I think it's great that he goes. It seems the perfect cause for him.
Nevermind. the wedding anniversary ist tomorrow

Closed Thread

Tags
prince daniel