The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Majesty

Karisma, I am growing seriously weary of your incoherent rants and rebuttals.

Daniel's transplant and Victoria's bout with anorexia are well documented FACTS if you care enough to look it up.

I don't need to "be in the couple's bedroom" to know that serious illness of any kind can affect a couple's fertility.

In the future if you want to refute any statement I make without being strident and offensive, please do so.

Until then please simply ignore my posts if my lack of "positive thinking" troubles you so much.

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:09 PM
Nobility

It's not that I am ignorant of things that have happened. I also know what has plagued Victoria, and she is declared healthy for a long time ago. Likewise, I know that Daniel has a transplanted kidney. But I find no reason in that it always be based on "worst case scenario". Now I will again quote my Mother. "If you have nothing good to say about others so you might as well be quiet "----

Old 06-22-2011, 08:15 PM
Majesty

With all due respect to your mother Karisma this is a MESSAGE BOARD. It is for an exchange of opinions, and not all of them have to be "good" opinions.

I am not saying Daniel will never produce children or even that he will have a difficult time...if I remember correctly I was responding to a poster who said it was very "unlikely" that Carl-Phillip would ever come to the Throne.

I responded that if Victoria and Dan did not produce children, it was indeed likely that CP would be King...and that there was no guarantee that Victoria would have a child, and I pointed out the reason(s) I felt that way.

THAT IS ALL.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Enough! Victoria and Daniel's health problems and speculated fertility issues are not the topic of this thread - Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist. If you wish to discuss such matters, go to the Victoria and Daniel sub-forum as any further posts discussing this issue here will be removed by a moderator.

I will also remind you all, again, of one of the TRF rules: treat each other with respect. The use of capital letters in whole words is not exactly respectful, as in internet-speak, it constitutes shouting.

JessRulz
Swedish Forum Moderator
Old 06-23-2011, 12:15 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
"It is unlikely she will ever be Queen" is far from the truth.

Victoria and Daniel are in their mid-thirties and have faced serious health issues in their respective pasts....they have now been married a year, and Victoria has not become pregnant.

That in itself is no cause for alarm, but to think that they will conceive easily might be overstating it.
Wouldn't you think that Daniel gave sperm before his transplant in the eventuality that they could not conceive the old-fashioned way? I'm just betting he did.

I would quite seriously doubt that Carl Philip would ascend the throne. I'm betting by this time next year there will be a tiny royal heir.
Old 06-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Majesty

Southwesterngrd, I pray that Daniel did just that.

I love Victoria and Daniel as a couple, and want them to have a child soon.

Anything to keep Carl-Philip AWAY from the Throne will make me happy.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Nobility

Is this about Sofia and Carl Filip?

Firstly, I think it is very bit rich to discuss and speculate whether Daniel donated sperm for her kidney transplant now being made, but also the course moderator stated that the discussion should be about Carl-Philip and Sophia. To continue in this negative spirit and in a subject which is approaching the limit of what is "clean room" feels unhealthy.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

Victoria will still be Queen even if she does not give birth making it highly unlikely that Carl Philip will ever be king. His of springs may become Kings/Queens in such a case. But thats it, for now, I've said my part can we give please Victoria and Daniel a break there is nothing worse for newly weds.....
All I was trying to say in my last post is if Carl Philip seems happy at thae moment leave him be...
Old 06-24-2011, 05:02 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
Karisma, I am growing seriously weary of your incoherent rants and rebuttals.

Daniel's transplant and Victoria's bout with anorexia are well documented FACTS if you care enough to look it up.

I don't need to "be in the couple's bedroom" to know that serious illness of any kind can affect a couple's fertility.

In the future if you want to refute any statement I make without being strident and offensive, please do so.

Until then please simply ignore my posts if my lack of "positive thinking" troubles you so much.

Thanks in advance.
Having a kidneytransplant dont lead to infertility in the majority of the cases. Source? Head at the kidneydepartment on the hospital were i work.

When it comes to Sofia everytime a paper writes about her there is 50-100 comments and 99 % are acting like bullies. I didnt see such opposition towards Daniel.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattep74 View Post
When it comes to Sofia everytime a paper writes about her there is 50-100 comments and 99 % are acting like bullies. I didnt see such opposition towards Daniel.
I wasn't aware that when his relationship with Victoria started, Daniel had a history of trying to become famous, had partcipated in a reality TV dating show, had posed fully nude for photographs, and held no permanent job.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:42 AM
Serene Highness

Didn't Daniel get accused of using his relationship with Victoria to further his business interests?
Old 06-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
I wasn't aware that when his relationship with Victoria started, Daniel had a history of trying to become famous, had partcipated in a reality TV dating show, had posed fully nude for photographs, and held no permanent job.
OK, I admit it. Those arguments are 4 arguments against Sofia. But this isn't all there is about Sofia. There are good things about her too:

1. She's a beautiful young woman. Because she wouldn't have gotten her bikini model jobs if she wasn't something nice to look at.

2. She isn't shy, easily scared by paparazzi or people who think they've the right to gossip about her. Because she doesn't react with hiding her face or sneeking around like a panicked animal. And she hasn't developed an eating disorder or ugly nervous habits (like biting nails, drinking to much, using drugs) to keep up with the public stress of living a life in constant virgiliance as long as she keeps up to her relationship with the man she loves. And isn't someone with this self confidence and experience better of for a possible whole life under the microscope than someone who wasn't used to it and is thrown into cold water and maybe breaks to bits and pieces eventually (like Diana for example)?

3. She hasn't talked to the press or anyone else just once during all the time since the relationship to CP went public. Sure, there was this one unfortunate statement on her twitter account BEFORE this relationship went public like a wildfire in the beginning of 2010. But she immediatley deleted her account after she made this statemant and didn't utter a word since. Maybe she did it because CP said "Sofia, that was a really bad move. I'm not an actor, popstar or athlet. I'm a prince. You can't do something like this when this thing we have shall last." Or she did it because she herself recognized that she stepped over the line right after she did it. Or she did it because she just was proud of dating a handsome prince and was bubbling over with her feelings of a fresh love and the fact who her new love is. And honestly, who could really blame her? CP is a lottery win when it comes to the boyfriend department. The important fact is that she DID delete her twitter account and DIDN'T talk about her relationship with CP since then (at least I don't know otherwise). She apparently learned this lesson. That should count for something too.

4. She is doing charity work. Maybe she's doing it because she wants to impresse her boyfriend. Maybe she's doing it because she now has a bigger chance to rise awareness for her charity project and thus has the possibility to help more children than she would have had before. What's wrong with that? She's doing something to help those who really need help. She's doing it on a more or less regular basis. Because charity work is not just visiting this projects on-site with the press in tow but also working in the background, organizing donating events, making PR for the project by phone calls, interviews, conversations, etc. This is a lot of work so in my eyes she's doing something useful regularly and not partying, shopping, waiting for years for an engagement (that could or could not come) and earning herself a spiteful-pitiful nickname.

5. She worked as a model before she met CP. And nevertheless for which product she modeled: It was a job. An irregular freelancing job in a very hard business. And you can say what you want, those bikini pics she made are all perfectly respectable. Yes, she made a few unfortunate choices too. Those snake pictures may be pushing the line and those completely nude ones in front of the mirror (I have known those pics for over a year now, in case that many of you might think I don't know them) are definitely way over the line. But those pics aren't all Sofia is. She's proved it with all of her other respectable pics. And if it's really neccesary a good team of attorneys (and CP can afford them) CAN make sure that the copyrights of those pictures switch over to CP and posting them without his okay will be illegal from then on. The fact that she isn't working as a bikini model now is a big point on her "Good Decision"-list in my eyes. Because she seems to know that it's not a good idea to spread oil in the fire with new semi-nude-bikini-pics (even of they're made professional and respectable) for as long as she is dating CP. Sure, she could accept other model jobs (like posing for jeans or sweatshirts or shoes or make-up or or or) but it seems like she thinks her priorities are better pointed at charity right now. So again, what's wrong with that?

This makes 5 good points on my list against 4 bad points on your list. I'm aware that I can't see any of you "No Sofia"-users convince you with that arguments (just like you can't convince me the other way around). But maybe I could succsessfully show you why a lot of users here and people out there aren't completely against her as girlfriend of CP. In the end no-one of us (regardless of "Yes Sofia" or "No Sofia") can decide anything regarding their relationship. We just have to live with what they decide. All we can do is wait and see what happens

End of my rant. Again this turned out way longer as I planed. Typically me. Always talking without finding on off-button for my mouth.

I'm a firm supporter of fair chance's.
Use your chance, Sofia. You're doing a fine job so far.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:59 PM
Aristocracy

all that i will say about this whole thing is that all that has happening recently is a clear marketing work to clean sofia's image...made by her & cp. that's what i see.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by missMaryanne View Post
all that i will say about this whole thing is that all that has happening recently is a clear marketing work to clean sofia's image...made by her & cp. that's what i see.
Totally agree!
Old 06-25-2011, 08:08 PM
Nobility

Wisely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat2006 View Post
OK, I admit it. Those arguments are 4 arguments against Sofia. But this isn't all there is about Sofia. There are good things about her too:

1. She's a beautiful young woman. Because she wouldn't have gotten her bikini model jobs if she wasn't something nice to look at.

2. She isn't shy, easily scared by paparazzi or people who think they've the right to gossip about her. Because she doesn't react with hiding her face or sneeking around like a panicked animal. And she hasn't developed an eating disorder or ugly nervous habits (like biting nails, drinking to much, using drugs) to keep up with the public stress of living a life in constant virgiliance as long as she keeps up to her relationship with the man she loves. And isn't someone with this self confidence and experience better of for a possible whole life under the microscope than someone who wasn't used to it and is thrown into cold water and maybe breaks to bits and pieces eventually (like Diana for example)?

3. She hasn't talked to the press or anyone else just once during all the time since the relationship to CP went public. Sure, there was this one unfortunate statement on her twitter account BEFORE this relationship went public like a wildfire in the beginning of 2010. But she immediatley deleted her account after she made this statemant and didn't utter a word since. Maybe she did it because CP said "Sofia, that was a really bad move. I'm not an actor, popstar or athlet. I'm a prince. You can't do something like this when this thing we have shall last." Or she did it because she herself recognized that she stepped over the line right after she did it. Or she did it because she just was proud of dating a handsome prince and was bubbling over with her feelings of a fresh love and the fact who her new love is. And honestly, who could really blame her? CP is a lottery win when it comes to the boyfriend department. The important fact is that she DID delete her twitter account and DIDN'T talk about her relationship with CP since then (at least I don't know otherwise). She apparently learned this lesson. That should count for something too.

4. She is doing charity work. Maybe she's doing it because she wants to impresse her boyfriend. Maybe she's doing it because she now has a bigger chance to rise awareness for her charity project and thus has the possibility to help more children than she would have had before. What's wrong with that? She's doing something to help those who really need help. She's doing it on a more or less regular basis. Because charity work is not just visiting this projects on-site with the press in tow but also working in the background, organizing donating events, making PR for the project by phone calls, interviews, conversations, etc. This is a lot of work so in my eyes she's doing something useful regularly and not partying, shopping, waiting for years for an engagement (that could or could not come) and earning herself a spiteful-pitiful nickname.

5. She worked as a model before she met CP. And nevertheless for which product she modeled: It was a job. An irregular freelancing job in a very hard business. And you can say what you want, those bikini pics she made are all perfectly respectable. Yes, she made a few unfortunate choices too. Those snake pictures may be pushing the line and those completely nude ones in front of the mirror (I have known those pics for over a year now, in case that many of you might think I don't know them) are definitely way over the line. But those pics aren't all Sofia is. She's proved it with all of her other respectable pics. And if it's really neccesary a good team of attorneys (and CP can afford them) CAN make sure that the copyrights of those pictures switch over to CP and posting them without his okay will be illegal from then on. The fact that she isn't working as a bikini model now is a big point on her "Good Decision"-list in my eyes. Because she seems to know that it's not a good idea to spread oil in the fire with new semi-nude-bikini-pics (even of they're made professional and respectable) for as long as she is dating CP. Sure, she could accept other model jobs (like posing for jeans or sweatshirts or shoes or make-up or or or) but it seems like she thinks her priorities are better pointed at charity right now. So again, what's wrong with that?

This makes 5 good points on my list against 4 bad points on your list. I'm aware that I can't see any of you "No Sofia"-users convince you with that arguments (just like you can't convince me the other way around). But maybe I could succsessfully show you why a lot of users here and people out there aren't completely against her as girlfriend of CP. In the end no-one of us (regardless of "Yes Sofia" or "No Sofia") can decide anything regarding their relationship. We just have to live with what they decide. All we can do is wait and see what happens

End of my rant. Again this turned out way longer as I planed. Typically me. Always talking without finding on off-button for my mouth.
I just have to agree with the wise reasoning and positive thoughts.
Old 06-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Aristocracy

Two Separate Issues

1) The royal appenge: It is unclear, at least to me, if Parliament provides Carl Gustaf his monies just for his services as monarch or if the monies are meant as compensation for duties that the entire royal family performs. If it is monies just meant for the King than it is his private salary and he is free to do with it as he pleases. However, if as I suspect it is payment for the entire family's representational duties then C-P and Madde should be held accountable.

I know Victoria got additional monies when she and Daniel married. I except outrage if C-P or Madde get any additonal monies from the state when they marry-given how little they do.

2) Carl Philip as King: As mentioned earlier V&D have yet to produce offspring, anything can happen that would require C-P to either serve as regent or monarch. Thus, we have a right to question his association with Ms Wannabe-Somebody
Old 06-25-2011, 09:46 PM
Aristocracy

ok, i can agree that everybody can change. mette-marit of norway did, and did it very well. but, i don't believe that sofia could become a good princess. she needs more than beauty and do some "charity work" to be a princess. she needs to
Old 06-25-2011, 11:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

What's wrong with Carl-Philip? It is highly unlikely he will ever be King, but what has he done to warrant the comment that he needs to be kept away from the throne.
And what is the problem with VnD not having kids yet? It must be horrible to have such pressure on a newlywed couple.
Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 06-26-2011, 12:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

Nothing's "wrong" with Carl Philip. But who wants a king with his kind of behavior? Right now he's not showing the world that he has what it takes to be king. He's in a selfish, rebellious stage right now and he needs to get his act together. But then again, maybe Sweden doesn't mind having someone like him on the throne. Thank God for Victoria. She's the thread holding this royal family together right now.
Old 06-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Heir Presumptive

I don't know much about CP and don't really know how to find out anything. Wikipedia isn't going to help in this situation. That is why I asked because I don't know what behavior he is necessarily showing that makes people doubt him as a ruler (which isn't going to happen). I know he went to college but apparently doesn't have a job; and broke up with his girlfriend of 10yrs and is now dating a model. I admit the model and no job thing makes me question, but again, I don't know the whole story.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Closed Thread

Tags
prince carl philip, relationship, relationships