The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Sweden > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 03:00 AM
Aristocracy

Här landar Victoria och Daniel - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen - Nyheter Sport Ekonomi Nöje

Daniel and Victoria landed to Stockholm yesterday evening at 21 and drove with 3 cars to Drottningholm palace.

To me it looks like Daniel is wearing a suit in the car. Quite uncomfortable?

The articles also say that Victoria and Daniel will visit Öland and Daniel's parents in Ockelbo before they have their first official duty on 21st of August.

My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Old 08-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Courtier

The press is surely excited to have them home.

Old 08-02-2010, 07:02 AM
Courtier

What are they going to do on 21st August?
Old 08-02-2010, 07:18 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanvanmaxima View Post
What are they going to do on 21st August?
August 21
The Royal Family
attends celebrations to mark the 200th anniversary of the Bernadotte family's accession to the Swedish throne at Örebro Castle in Örebro.

I've just noticed that Daniel doesn't have any events in August, I assume he will be attending the ones dedicated "The Royal Family"
Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I've just noticed that Daniel doesn't have any events in August, I assume he will be attending the ones dedicated "The Royal Family"
He should attend also "Celebrations to mark the 200th anniversary of Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm City Hall on August 27th" together with King, Queen and Victoria.

I've noticed lately that there are some discrepancies between English & Swedish version of the royal calendar.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Imperial Majesty

And the baby discussion starts, at the end of this article
Här landar Victoria och Daniel - Nyheter - Senaste nytt | Expressen
court expert Roger Lundgren says: Now we are all waiting on a heir. Victoria will cope splendidly the mother role with Daniel´s love.
The plane landing:
b-e-w photo
b-e-w photo
Arriving home
b-e-w photo
Fotobanka CTK
Fotobanka CTK
Old 08-02-2010, 10:35 AM
Aristocracy

OMG, the baby hunt has begun. I am sure V&D, like D said, will take their own pace.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:19 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iva View Post
He should attend also "Celebrations to mark the 200th anniversary of Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm City Hall on August 27th" together with King, Queen and Victoria.

I've noticed lately that there are some discrepancies between English & Swedish version of the royal calendar.
I wasn't looking at the royal calender, but the list posted on this website by other members.
But if he was attending that event, shouldn't he be listed?
Old 08-02-2010, 11:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

Maybe it´s the best to look at the swedish calendar of the royal house of Sweden, here´s August:
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus
Old 08-02-2010, 11:30 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Two events on the 21st and 27th. I thought he would have one event on his own at least.
Old 08-02-2010, 11:49 AM
Aristocracy

I wonder if the couple will follow the example of Alexander and Maxima. My sister, who lives in Holland, told me they invited the TV stations in their home, to thank the public after their wedding and to show them a room full of presents they received.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Gentry

Royal couple return home from honeymoon | thelocal.se
Old 08-02-2010, 04:02 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Two events on the 21st and 27th. I thought he would have one event on his own at least.
Nja, up from August 21 to 31, it would be just 10 working days.
And for events taking place later, the court is often adding additional duties one week before the event (and sometimes not. Depends on their mood )

Quote:
I wonder if the couple will follow the example of Alexander and Maxima. My sister, who lives in Holland, told me they invited the TV stations in their home, to thank the public after their wedding and to show them a room full of presents they received.
Victoria has thanked the people on the balcony and Daniel via his speech (Willem Alexander´s was private)
Further they gave the interviews from Bora Bora to Aftonbladet and Expressen, where they were also acknowledging the support, they have received.
I guess no interviews until late autumn or so.
I´d be surprised, if they give one earlier
Old 08-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

That was short.
I thought they would honeymoon at least until the end of August.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:52 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
That was short.
6 weeks honeymoon + 3 weeks vacation is short??
IMO it isn´t - Neither by Royal standards nor by the ones of ordinary Swedish citizens
The wedding date was perfect to get followed by a long vacation.
They hardly could have gone for similiar, if they would have gotten married in September.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownPrincess5 View Post
That was short.
Tee hee!
Old 08-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Serene Highness

Why the three cars? Is it a security arrangement or do they have that much luggage? :)

Ah, the baby hunt..I hope they do have a child relatively soon but it's still too early to tell even if Victoria got pregnant right after the wedding.

Looking forward to seeing them move into Haga!
Old 08-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
6 weeks honeymoon + 3 weeks vacation is short??
IMO it isn´t - Neither by Royal standards nor by the ones of ordinary Swedish citizens
The wedding date was perfect to get followed by a long vacation.
They hardly could have gone for similiar, if they would have gotten married in September.
A 3-month honeymoon is the perfect amount of time to me.

I read that they were in Colorado and they went to Lady Gaga's concert in NY.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:25 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Nja, up from August 21 to 31, it would be just 10 working days.
And for events taking place later, the court is often adding additional duties one week before the event (and sometimes not. Depends on their mood )
Very true, the court has added a few more events in late August since the last time I updated the calender here (last week). And there are discrepencies between the Swedish version and the English version (the King is listed to attend the Chinese exhibition event on the 27th on the Swedish version, but Victoria is listed to attend it on the English version).

And Daniel has been added to the Karolinska Institute event in the past few days, as he wasn't listed there last week.
Old 08-03-2010, 03:58 AM
Aristocracy

What do you think, will the royal court celebrate Daniel's birthday on September 15, as it is the same day when King's grandfather died and Carl Gustaf became King of Sweden himself?

My photos of Crown Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel in their official visit to Finland on 1-2 of November, 2010: Photos from Lahti and Photos from Helsinki.Check out also my royalty postcard collection.
I never thought Prince William would be faster than me to get married - but he is!

Closed Thread