The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 04:15 PM
Serene Highness

Any other upcoming appearances scheduled for broadcast? I wonder how extensive the tour for her paperback version of "Leap of Faith" will be.

Old 05-22-2005, 12:35 PM
Nobility

Just to highlight a point, although KA met QR by chance the marriage after that was arranged by the family. It has been said that love is an emothion and that most ME Royalty haven't married for that reason. However Love is also a manner of behaviour, ie if you love someone you shall show them a level of respect and in some cases the enduring respect comes before the emotion thereby laying a solid foundation for endurance of a descent marriage. Use the example of KH and QN marriage, how she met him (he was the best friend of her father) and how she later fell in love with him.

Old 05-23-2005, 12:07 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshanah
Just to highlight a point, although KA met QR by chance the marriage after that was arranged by the family. It has been said that love is an emothion and that most ME Royalty haven't married for that reason. However Love is also a manner of behaviour, ie if you love someone you shall show them a level of respect and in some cases the enduring respect comes before the emotion thereby laying a solid foundation for endurance of a descent marriage. Use the example of KH and QN marriage, how she met him (he was the best friend of her father) and how she later fell in love with him.
KH was only a close bussiness friend of QN father?!
no real friendship i think.
Old 05-23-2005, 08:17 PM
Serene Highness

This issue becomes cloudy; QN has used the term "friends" to describe the relationship between her father and KH. But their activities seemed to be exclusively business related. KH hired Najeeb Halaby to consult on some aviation related projects throughout the years. That's how QN met KH; her father was at the airport for the welcoming ceremony for the first jumbo jet for the Royal Jordanian Airline and he invited his daughter to join him.
Old 06-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Serene Highness

Queen Noor- Picture Thread Part II

A new thread for pictures of Queen Noor. You can find the old thread here: Queen Noor: Picture Thread, Part I

Please review The Royal Forum's Posting Rules and Guidelines, found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=170480#post170480. Violations of the rules may result in being suspended or being banned
Old 06-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Serene Highness

I was wondering if the quote QN made about Christianity being too dogmatic was part of her ongoing quest to "prove" her devotion to Islam is genuine. Her conversion was regarded as "a conversion of convenience" in some circles in Jordan (People, 1978; VF, 1991) and its sincerity was therefore questioned.
Old 06-06-2005, 06:44 AM
Courtier

I am not sure what is the link between criticizing the Christianity and devotion to Islam !

for sure , I can't claim the absolute knowledge about what she thinking of , but I hope she not think like that .
Old 06-08-2005, 07:38 PM
Serene Highness

Houri, I agree; it is very odd.....I don't know why she needs to compare and contrast religions anyway. I know many people who have been raised in one faith and then decided to practice another. Most don't criticize the first to justify joining the other but QN does do this sort of thing at times--for whatever reason.....
Old 06-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Royal Highness

Yeah I was about 15 or 16 and it made me sooo mad. I guess she doesn't realize that some people may feel the same about her religion, so I think it was bad for her to talk about her former religion this way.
Old 06-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryshawn
I was wondering if the quote QN made about Christianity being too dogmatic was part of her ongoing quest to "prove" her devotion to Islam is genuine. Her conversion was regarded as "a conversion of convenience" in some circles in Jordan (People, 1978; VF, 1991) and its sincerity was therefore questioned.
I dont recall reading that particular comment.
What was the context of her statement? I mean I'd prefer not to misunderstand something she said in good faith.
Lots of converts inevitably end up making comparisons between their former faith or lack there of and the new one. Its quite common.
Old 06-10-2005, 01:23 PM
Nobility

060291 inOffc - 061097 London - 061294 Dutch Royal Fam visit - 151103 in Jordan - 160703 - 180804 International Reception for Refugee charity - 190578 engagement
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	qn060291@offc.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	157615   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn061097lon.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	157616   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn061294dutchrvis.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	157617   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn140703.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	157618  

Name:	qn151103jord.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	157619   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn160703.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	157620   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn180804refintrec.jpg
Views:	257
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	157621   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn190578eng.jpg
Views:	354
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	157622  

Old 06-14-2005, 01:59 AM
Serene Highness

VF, June 1999:

"She didn't even find it wrenching to convert; although her sister describes the family as 'nominally Episcopalian," Queen Noor says, "I couldn't accept the dogmatic side of Christianity."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
I dont recall reading that particular comment.
What was the context of her statement? I mean I'd prefer not to misunderstand something she said in good faith.
Lots of converts inevitably end up making comparisons between their former faith or lack there of and the new one. Its quite common.
Old 06-14-2005, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
VF, June 1999:

"She didn't even find it wrenching to convert; although her sister describes the family as 'nominally Episcopalian," Queen Noor says, "I couldn't accept the dogmatic side of Christianity."
ah okay...thanx
I wonder if she was referring to the "organized" nature of her religion, the clergy and everything. Thats something I've heard Christian converts mention very often.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:28 PM
Serene Highness

That would be a sensible interpretation; can't imagine what else--upon reflection--she would be referring to.

In the same article, her friends, not Noor, say she liked the Islamic tenet that everything is in the hands of Allah and we really have no control over events. Something about how this was a much more peaceful way for her to put things in perspective and "accept" whatever happened. So perhaps she was also alluding to that, as well?

Quote:
ah okay...thanx
I wonder if she was referring to the "organized" nature of her religion, the clergy and everything. Thats something I've heard Christian converts mention very often.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:29 PM
Serene Highness

By the way, thanks, Amina, for the great photos! Loved seeing them!!!!
Old 06-15-2005, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

This is different from Christianity. we do have free will and we may screw things up, or go with God's will, God will have his way. And it is much easier if we obey Him because Hsi will is perfect.

Quote:
In the same article, her friends, not Noor, say she liked the Islamic tenet that everything is in the hands of Allah and we really have no control over events. Something about how this was a much more peaceful way for her to put things in perspective and "accept" whatever happened. So perhaps she was also alluding to that, as well?
Old 06-15-2005, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
That would be a sensible interpretation; can't imagine what else--upon reflection--she would be referring to.

I wonder if she made that particular remark after her husband's death.
Still that wouldnt have much bearing on her conversion which happened long before that.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:11 PM
Serene Highness

IF she went to church......"nominally" anything makes me think there wasn't a whole lot of emphasis on it. As she was in boarding schools for so long, who knows what she learned about any religion or if she was required to attend services. It would be so easy to simply say "I converted to Islam" and leave it at that. Or praise the religion without comparing it to others or "justifying" why she prefers Islam to another religion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
That is one of the themes of Christianity! Althoguh we do have free will and we may screw things up, or go with God's will, God will have his way. And it is much easier if we obey Him because Hsi will is perfect. I can only be mad at the church she went to for not teachnig this!
Old 06-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Serene Highness

In the context the remarks were made in the article, it lead one to believe that throughout her marriage as well as after KH's death, QN found it easier to deal with rumors, gossip, innuendoes or hurts by believing it was all God's will, therefore there was nothing she could do about it and all would turn out as it was meant to be eventually.
Quote:
I wonder if she made that particular remark after her husband's death.
Still that wouldnt have much bearing on her conversion which happened long before that.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:09 AM
Nobility

Qn from 1979-2004
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	qn281192.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	160483   Click image for larger version

Name:	qn281192(1).jpg
Views:	81
Size:	24.1 KB