The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #81  
Old 02-08-2006, 02:22 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
who is President Bush referring to as the Crown Prince?
Is it Prince Ali?
Prince Hussien I'm guessing...I posted smthing here but it was deleted I think,It said that KA is going to appoint the crown prince within a few days....
__________________

__________________
  #82  
Old 02-08-2006, 02:39 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
so Prince Hussein went with King Abdullah to the US?
__________________

  #83  
Old 02-08-2006, 02:43 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
so Prince Hussein went with King Abdullah to the US?
Yea now I am confused,it doesn't look like he was with him...Cud Ali be the new cp????
__________________
  #84  
Old 02-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
thats what Im thinking.
But it wouldn't make sense for KA to replace one brother as CP with another.
The fact that QR gave birth to Prince Hashem last year seemed to make it almost certain in many people's eyes that Hussein would be CP.
If it is Prince Ali then obviously he'd have to give up the title in the future. It doesnt make sense.
  #85  
Old 02-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 516
it could be crown prince of another country?

then again, this is bush we are talking about. it's most likely a misspeak.
__________________
  #86  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
well he said "Last night His Majesty and the Crown Prince came to have dinner with Laura and me..."
So he's obviously talking about Jordan.
Still he could've been mistaken about Ali's title.
But then there is that article lil Monkey posted about the upcoming announcement of a CP.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
  #87  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:07 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
thats what Im thinking.
But it wouldn't make sense for KA to replace one brother as CP with another.
The fact that QR gave birth to Prince Hashem last year seemed to make it almost certain in many people's eyes that Hussein would be CP.
If it is Prince Ali then obviously he'd have to give up the title in the future. It doesnt make sense.

Yea I agree with you,why would he appoint Ali now and then 3 years later make Hussein the CP..I dunno,it just doesn't make sense,will Rania let that happen? but again U never know how they think,they have smthing on their minds,let's just wait and see,I am expecting smthing ubnormal to happen.
Even Hashim's marriage to a Saudi and him being so religious doesn't reallly make sense to me,but I guess we will find out sooner or later.
Only time will reveal everything,lol
__________________
  #88  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:08 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 516
even if hussein is in the us, is it likely that bush will refer to an 11 year old boy in such a manner - i.e. he came to dinner with laura and me??

i can't wait until the official announcement.
__________________
  #89  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:12 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
even if hussein is in the us, is it likely that bush will refer to an 11 year old boy in such a manner - i.e. he came to dinner with laura and me??

i can't wait until the official announcement.
umm,is he 15 or 11??lol
LOL smtimes Bush says stuff w/out realizing what he says,so maybe the whole CP thing was one of Bush's mistakes,eehm,lol
__________________
  #90  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:13 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
exactly.
It could be Prince Ali.
Queen Rania herself seems to have a reluctance at having her son declared CP so young. So the King and Queen might have an interim CP in mind. But then why get rid of Hamzah as CP in the first place and not have him assume the position for a little longer?
  #91  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:14 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
umm,is he 15 or 11??lol
LOL smtimes Bush says stuff w/out realizing what he says,so maybe the whole CP thing was one of Bush's mistakes,eehm,lol
he's 11.
Born in June 1994.
And yes, Bush making a mistake has crossed my mind too
  #92  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:19 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
exactly.
It could be Prince Ali.
Queen Rania herself seems to have a reluctance at having her son declared CP so young. So the King and Queen might have an interim CP in mind. But then why get rid of Hamzah as CP in the first place and not have him assume the position for a little longer?
this is what I am dying to know! Y get rid of Hamzah now if they dun want to appoint their own son...I dun think Hamzah has done anything wrong to be punished for! (or maybe awarded,maybe him not being the CP is for his own benefit,we never know)
__________________
  #93  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:20 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
he's 11.
Born in June 1994.
And yes, Bush making a mistake has crossed my mind too
LOL yea , it's the first thing that crossed my mind,ehhm
__________________
  #94  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:27 PM
Humera's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 6,759
btw lil Monkey, that article you posted in the picture thread, was it from a Jordanian newsaper/website?
I wonder how they found out about this announcement. I haven't seen it in any other news sources.
  #95  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:37 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
thats what Im thinking.
But it wouldn't make sense for KA to replace one brother as CP with another.
The fact that QR gave birth to Prince Hashem last year seemed to make it almost certain in many people's eyes that Hussein would be CP.
If it is Prince Ali then obviously he'd have to give up the title in the future. It doesnt make sense.
it wouldnt make sense because the next in the line of the brothers would be prince faisal.
i always thought i can understand it - because he wants his own son to become the crown prince - or because theres trouble between the siblings because prince hamzeh isnt the next in line.
but to make prince ali then the crown prince is i dunno.whats up with prince faisal?
he seems to do a very good job as prince in jordan.why favour a younger brother the same like king hussein did.
__________________
  #96  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil Monkey
Yea I agree with you,why would he appoint Ali now and then 3 years later make Hussein the CP..I dunno,it just doesn't make sense,will Rania let that happen? but again U never know how they think,they have smthing on their minds,let's just wait and see,I am expecting smthing ubnormal to happen.
Even Hashim's marriage to a Saudi and him being so religious doesn't reallly make sense to me,but I guess we will find out sooner or later.
Only time will reveal everything,lol
ya that with hashim i find very interesting too.but i cannot imagine that he makes phashim the next crown prince.but i thought about it more than one time.but its impossible.that wouldnt make sense too lol
__________________
  #97  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 516
okay - let's say abdullah did introduce the crown prince - whoever it is - to bush.

this is my question: why does the president of the us know about jordan's crown prince before the jordanians? ...the state of the middle east is unfortunately in shambles.
__________________
  #98  
Old 02-08-2006, 03:57 PM
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: n/a, United Kingdom
Posts: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
okay - let's say abdullah did introduce the crown prince - whoever it is - to bush.

this is my question: why does the president of the us know about jordan's crown prince before the jordanians? ...the state of the middle east is unfortunately in shambles.
unbelievable!

lets wait - and then - when it is ali - ask king abdallah.it would be really hard to understand.
__________________
  #99  
Old 02-08-2006, 04:14 PM
Monalisa's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Namur, Belgium
Posts: 747
Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
okay - let's say abdullah did introduce the crown prince - whoever it is - to bush.

this is my question: why does the president of the us know about jordan's crown prince before the jordanians? ...the state of the middle east is unfortunately in shambles.

IMO,if there's a mistake,it's only that Bush talked about before Jordan makes an official annoucement,so I am not surprised that Mr Bush knows it before jordanians themselves.


Before,Hamzah's removal as a crown prince,there have been rumors that Bush and it stuff didn't like the fact that he was the crown prince as he has some progressive an nationalist opinions,that the USA's actual power don't like,and as the US has a great deal with aids to Jordan...,the time showed that the rumors wern't only rumors,and just after KA's visit to USA,he removed the title from his brother.
__________________
  #100  
Old 02-08-2006, 06:05 PM
lil Monkey's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: --, United States
Posts: 732
Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
okay - let's say abdullah did introduce the crown prince - whoever it is - to bush.

this is my question: why does the president of the us know about jordan's crown prince before the jordanians? ...the state of the middle east is unfortunately in shambles.
LOL I dunno,I am hoping Bush made a mistake... I am trying to look at the biright side,NOT because I favour one person to be the CP over the other,but it just makes us feel better that the P.Bush didn't really know our CP before we did!
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
King Abdullah of Jordan and Queen Rania: 10 June 1993 tipper Royal Weddings 71 10-22-2014 02:55 PM
King Abdullah and Queen Rania Picture thread Jenna1186 King Abdullah and Queen Rania and Family 210 08-31-2014 02:29 PM
King Abdullah and Queen Rania Current Events 1: September 2003- Alexandria Current Events Archive 162 10-10-2004 06:41 AM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jewellery jordan king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit ottoman pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince daniel prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]