The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 09:30 AM
Heir Apparent

houri, I think you're correct in your analysis of King Abdullah's motives, I'd add though that he probably doesn't want Amman to see the violence and destruction that Beirut and Damascus have.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

" From what I've heard the Danish cartoonists were looking to attract some sort of reaction"

The paper in question was going bust. They wanted a reaction, they got it. What I personally find so ridiclous is these cartoons were published at the end of September. The mob mentality has only just kicked in it seems.

Old 02-06-2006, 09:35 AM
Nobility

I think a slap on the wrist was what was required , not an arrest. This sort of juvenile mocking of people's beliefs is pathetic.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Whether it's juvenile is something else but jokes based on relglion are commonplace and have been for years, there shoudn't be exceptions for one group alone.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
" From what I've heard the Danish cartoonists were looking to attract some sort of reaction"

The paper in question was going bust. They wanted a reaction, they got it. What I personally find so ridiclous is these cartoons were published at the end of September. The mob mentality has only just kicked in it seems.
personally I knew about it from spetember but the muslims their thought they can do some thing about it but the goverment there didn't care so we said NO for the denmark produces in ME suddenly they pay attention !!

I hope all things will end here , it is really enough .
Old 02-06-2006, 09:39 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Whether it's juvenile is something else but jokes based on relglion are commonplace and have been for years, there shoudn't be exceptions for one group alone.
I agree, everybody's religious beliefs should be respected.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:49 AM
Courtier

I saw the Nightline interview with the Queen , she tried to not talk about the matter of the crown prince !
Old 02-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
I saw the Nightline interview with the Queen , she tried to not talk about the matter of the crown prince !
Yes, some desperate manoeuvering there, anyhting to move on and change the subject
Old 02-06-2006, 10:21 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

She clearly stated she didnt talk about this with Prince Hussein and that he hadn't been told he'd be CP because they simply dont know what the future will bring. Which is true.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by houri
personally I knew about it from spetember but the muslims their thought they can do some thing about it but the goverment there didn't care so we said NO for the denmark produces in ME suddenly they pay attention !!
thats true. They complained and the government did nothing. And the result is that this whole thing has blown out of proportion.
If the Danish government had been quick to act to begin with it wouldn't be facing this crisis now, something which will only hurt Danish Muslims because they're already the target of xenophobia by many Danes.
In an environment as volatile as this, it only takes a spark to light the fire.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:30 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizz70
Yes, some desperate manoeuvering there, anyhting to move on and change the subject
sorry but I was think this is the place where I can talk about the Queen interview , when I entered this thried I read yours comment about the cartoon subject and I saw it more important more than the Queen interview .

but if you want to go and open a thried about the cartoon subject go and do it but you don't need to post such a comment !!
Old 02-06-2006, 10:33 AM
Heir Apparent

"If the Danish government had been quick to act to begin with it wouldn't be facing this crisis now, something which will only hurt Danish Muslims because they're already the target of xenophobia by many Danes."

But then the Danish Government doesn't control the media, so it's out of their hands. The only apology, if indeed one were given (which i believe it shouldn't be) should be from the newspaper. Government responses were unnecessary.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
thats true. They complained and the government did nothing. And the result is that this whole thing has blown out of proportion.
If the Danish government had been quick to act to begin with it wouldn't be facing this crisis now, something which will only hurt Danish Muslims because they're already the target of xenophobia by many Danes.
In an environment as volatile as this, it only takes a spark to light the fire.
yes Humera I understand the Queen opinion in this matter but it will be wise to have crown prince because he will be in charge when the King is not in the country although his brothers do a very good job , I think you remamber when prince Hamzha was no longer a crown prince we siad it must be the reason that the king want his son to be the crown prince but it does not seems the case .
Old 02-06-2006, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I think they're delaying announcing the Crown Prince, if it is indeed Prince Hussein, because of his age.
After all it's alot of pressure for a child to be under, moreover they probably have safety concerns, so would prefer the King's brothers to have the role of regent and to keep the Crown Prince issue at bay.
After all, I imagine that they have a contingency plan in place in case something did happen to Abdullah.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I think they're delaying announcing the Crown Prince, if it is indeed Prince Hussein, because of his age.
After all it's alot of pressure for a child to be under, moreover they probably have safety concerns, so would prefer the King's brothers to have the role of regent and to keep the Crown Prince issue at bay.
After all, I imagine that they have a contingency plan in place in case something did happen to Abdullah.
I hope the best for the king and his family :)
I was think that children in the family royals houses know their postion they know what they will be in the future , if the boy is the first child he know that he have a big chance to be the futrue king , I hope that I clear what I am trying to say ( some times my poor english don't help me :o )
Old 02-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Heir Apparent

"I hope the best for the king and his family :)
I was think that children in the family royals houses know their postion they know what they will be in the future , if the boy is the first child he know that he have a big chance to be the futrue king , I hope that I clear what I am trying to say ( some times my poor english don't help me"

Don't worry, you made your point perfectly well! You're right though, so I wonder if in private Hussein knows of his status, ie if he is Crown Prince or not. After all, he has been seen accompanying his father on alot more trips.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:58 AM
Courtier

Quote:
"I hope the best for the king and his family :)
I was think that children in the family royals houses know their postion they know what they will be in the future , if the boy is the first child he know that he have a big chance to be the futrue king , I hope that I clear what I am trying to say ( some times my poor english don't help me"

Don't worry, you made your point perfectly well! You're right though, so I wonder if in private Hussein knows of his status, ie if he is Crown Prince or not. After all, he has been seen accompanying his father on alot more trips.
good to know that I made my point clear .

about prince Hussein for sure his is very young but he seems smart engough to know a bout the possibility of being the next king .
Old 02-06-2006, 11:04 AM
Heir Apparent

A reminder that this thread is about King Abdullah and Queen Rania. Discussion about the Danish cartoons must be connected back to the King and Queen, not just a general discussion about the violence or actions/inactions of the Danish government or other gorups.

Alexandria
Jordanian Forums Administrator
Old 02-06-2006, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

An interesting article about Iran and other nations response, I wasn't aware of King Abdullah's comments:

"For Iran, alone among Iraq's neighbors, both the sectarian-ethnic and the Islamist factors are now potent assets. Its principally Kurdish vulnerabilities on the first score are more than offset by its greatly improved Shiite hand throughout the region. This is a reality which, within the Sunni-dominated Arab establishment, Jordan has been most publicly alarmed about. King Abdullah II has warned of an Iranian-promoted "Shiite crescent" stretching from Iraq, through Syria (so long as its pro-Iranian Alawite-minority regime survives), to Hizbullah-dominated South Lebanon. Jordanian politicians even talk of building a "Sunni wall" through Iraq to keep the peril at bay."
http://www.iht.com/getina/files/308110.html
Old 02-06-2006, 11:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Sri Lankan Minister of Labor Visits al HIE</STRONG>
Pet0703 4 0208 Sri Lankan Minister of Labor Visits al HIE Ramtha, Feb. 6 (Petra) -- Sri Lankan Minister of Labor Athauda Seneviratne, accompanied by Sri Lankan Ambassador in Amman visited on Monday Al Hassan Industrial Estate (HIE) and checked on the situations of Sri Lankan labors there. The Sri Lankan official hailed the role of His Majesty King Abdullah II in supporting the Sri Lankan people after the disaster of tsunami. He also explained that about 9 thousands Sri Lankan labors are working at the Jordanian industrial estates, expressing hope to sign agreement with ministry of labor in Jordan. Deputy Director of Industrial Estates Corporation Mohammad Atmah presented a briefing on the corporation and its role in attracting foreign investments in addition to services provided for the investment companies in Jordan. //Petra// 061642 Local FEB 2006 
http://www.petra.gov.jo/nepras/2006/Feb/06/30464800.htm