King Abdullah, Queen Rania & Family: Current News & Photos XIII

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Abdullah: Education key to peace in Middle East

2/4/2006 By Jennifer Farish

OXFORD - Minutes before the king of Jordan spoke to the crowd gathered for his public address at the University of Mississippi on Friday, he took a moment to meet the university's Jordanian students.
One student, Orwa Tahaineh, remarked on the irony of coming to school in Mississippi and getting the opportunity to meet his king here.
"It is so great a coincidence," said Tahaineh, a graduate student in wireless communications.
Another, junior economics student Amr Ahmad, said he received several calls from people in Jordan about the royal visitor. "The whole country knew about it," said Ahmad, adding that the king is greatly respected in Jordan for his vision of peace and prosperity in the Middle East.
"He is a young king with a good future vision for Middle Eastern politics and peace process," he said. "He is working to present a good image of Islam all over the world."

http://www.djournal.com/pages/story.asp?ID=212080&pub=1&div=News

Hi everyone.... Can someone tell me where I can go to see the cartoons that were printed. Haven't seen them and would like to see what all the fuss is about. Also, couldn't find the interview on nightline with Queen Rania. Need help again. Again, Merci... for all the photos you ladies have been posting. They are great.

Glad I know what he looks like! He's hiding behing the King! lol

houri said:
sorry but I was think this is the place where I can talk about the Queen interview , when I entered this thried I read yours comment about the cartoon subject and I saw it more important more than the Queen interview .

but if you want to go and open a thried about the cartoon subject go and do it but you don't need to post such a comment !!

Hi Houri, I don't know hopw but there seems to have been some kind of misunderstanding here. My comment was not directed at you nor was I trying to suggest that you were trying to 'move' the conversation on, I should have made it clearer that I was referring to Queen Rania dodging the CP succession question in the interview from Davos, how she wanted the conversation to move onto something different and it obviously made her uncomfortable. My remarks weren't directed at you and I am sorry if you thought they were.

lizz70 said:
Hi Houri, I don't know hopw but there seems to have been some kind of misunderstanding here. My comment was not directed at you nor was I trying to suggest that you were trying to 'move' the conversation on, I should have made it clearer that I was referring to Queen Rania dodging the CP succession question in the interview from Davos, how she wanted the conversation to move onto something different and it obviously made her uncomfortable. My remarks weren't directed at you and I am sorry if you thought they were.

well it is ok it seems I didn't get what you was refering to .

any way , I agree with you , she was tring to not talk about this subject , I think she don't want to put her son under the light .

Queen Rania offers solace to flood victims

AMMAN (JT) — Her Majesty Queen Rania on Tuesday visited flood-hit areas in the governorates of Aqaba and Maan, listening to the local communities' needs and consoling those who lost loved ones and livelihoods.

The flash floods, caused by heavy rainfall in the area on Thursday night, killed nine people in the southern and eastern regions of the Kingdom and resulted in the loss of shelter and livelihood as well as damaging the water, electricity and transportation infrastructure in both governorates.

During the field visit, the Queen met with the families affected by the floods in both governorates, who shared with her stories of their loss. Offering her sympathy and support, Queen Rania also conveyed His Majesty King Abdullah's support and his concerns for their well-being.
Jordan Times

Pictures from Petra and Jordan Times:

LOL He is hiding behind the king. Prince Ali never fails to look like he's on his guard hehe

lil Monkey said:
lol is this a game of "find the prince??":D:D

i think so , he is a very good player he is professional at this game ... :D

i wonder why he is hiding like this .........

Jordan's King Abdullah II, center, listens to New Oleans Mayor Ray Nagin, right, as they walk through the destruction in the lower 9th ward Friday, Feb. 3, 2006, in New Orleans. New Orleans is still struggling to recover from the effects of Hurricane Katrina

from Yahoo

Attachments

• aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 323
suria said:
Try to find P Ali :p

he is accompying KA in his visit to USA

photos are from Yahoo and Newscom

PA is funny and weird why he is hiding like this , i feel tired looking for him on TV :p but he worth it

Thanks for the pictures Humera, I had heard about the floods but had only seen 1 or 2 news articles on the web. I didn't guess they were quite so serious.

Jordanian monarch urges not to abandon Palestinewww.chinaview.cn 2006-02-08 05:20:03
WASHINGTON, Feb. 7 (Xinhuanet) -- Jordan's King Abdullah II held talks with Israeli Foreign Minister Tzipi Livni here on Tuesday and urged the United States and Western countries not to abandon the Palestinians following the election victory of Hamas.
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2006-02/08/content_4149286.htm

King Abdullah with President Bush, 8 February

from terra

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 278
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    15.5 KB · Views: 252
Last edited:
more pictures from yesterday:

1. Jordan's Queen Rania (C) speaks with Bedouin tribal leaders during her visit to flood-hit areas in southern Jordan February 8, 2006. Queen Rania visited the cities of Aqaba and Maan during her tour. REUTERS/Nasser Ayoub

2. Jordan's Queen Rania (C) speaks with a Bedouin family during her visit to flood-hit areas in southern Jordan February 8, 2006. REUTERS/Nasser Ayoub

3. Jordan's Queen Rania is embraced by a Bedouin woman during her visit to flood-hit areas in southern Jordan February 8, 2006. REUTERS/Nasser Ayoub

Attachments

• r110259144.jpg
    r110259144.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 294
  • r1189092946.jpg
    r1189092946.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 313
  • r2998423898.jpg
    r2998423898.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 326
President Bush Welcomes King Abdullah of Jordan to the White House

PRESIDENT BUSH: Your Majesty, welcome back. I have had two good discussions with His Majesty. Last night His Majesty and the Crown Prince came to have dinner with Laura and me and some members of Congress, and we had a really good discussion. We had a little time by ourselves to talk strategically about the world and our deep desire for this world to be peaceful. .....

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2006/02/print/20060208-1.html

who is President Bush referring to as the Crown Prince?
Is it Prince Ali?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
who is President Bush referring to as the Crown Prince?
Is it Prince Ali?

Prince Hussien I'm guessing...I posted smthing here but it was deleted I think,It said that KA is going to appoint the crown prince within a few days....

so Prince Hussein went with King Abdullah to the US?

~*~Humera~*~ said:
so Prince Hussein went with King Abdullah to the US?

Yea now I am confused,it doesn't look like he was with him...Cud Ali be the new cp????:confused:

thats what Im thinking.
But it wouldn't make sense for KA to replace one brother as CP with another.
The fact that QR gave birth to Prince Hashem last year seemed to make it almost certain in many people's eyes that Hussein would be CP.
If it is Prince Ali then obviously he'd have to give up the title in the future. It doesnt make sense.

it could be crown prince of another country?

then again, this is bush we are talking about. it's most likely a misspeak.

well he said "Last night His Majesty and the Crown Prince came to have dinner with Laura and me..."
So he's obviously talking about Jordan.
Still he could've been mistaken about Ali's title.
But then there is that article lil Monkey posted about the upcoming announcement of a CP.
Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
thats what Im thinking.
But it wouldn't make sense for KA to replace one brother as CP with another.
The fact that QR gave birth to Prince Hashem last year seemed to make it almost certain in many people's eyes that Hussein would be CP.
If it is Prince Ali then obviously he'd have to give up the title in the future. It doesnt make sense.

Yea I agree with you,why would he appoint Ali now and then 3 years later make Hussein the CP..I dunno,it just doesn't make sense,will Rania let that happen? but again U never know how they think,they have smthing on their minds,let's just wait and see,I am expecting smthing ubnormal to happen.
Even Hashim's marriage to a Saudi and him being so religious doesn't reallly make sense to me,but I guess we will find out sooner or later.
Only time will reveal everything,lol

even if hussein is in the us, is it likely that bush will refer to an 11 year old boy in such a manner - i.e. he came to dinner with laura and me??

i can't wait until the official announcement.

madonna23 said:
even if hussein is in the us, is it likely that bush will refer to an 11 year old boy in such a manner - i.e. he came to dinner with laura and me??

i can't wait until the official announcement.
umm,is he 15 or 11??lol
LOL smtimes Bush says stuff w/out realizing what he says,so maybe the whole CP thing was one of Bush's mistakes,eehm,lol

exactly.
It could be Prince Ali.
Queen Rania herself seems to have a reluctance at having her son declared CP so young. So the King and Queen might have an interim CP in mind. But then why get rid of Hamzah as CP in the first place and not have him assume the position for a little longer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom