The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2005, 01:25 PM
Commoner

little_star,all what you are posting was already posted before,but where are the results?,all that for me is figuration and blah balh....,while the serious issues(honour crimes,right for citizenship for children of jordanian women married to non-jordanian,freedom of medias....) stay unresolved!!!

I Believe more a serious syrvey made by a neutral side like which I sent above in the previous post(which is a recent one from 2005 so take in cosideration results of rania's empowerent if those exist ),than what you posted from non objective sources.....

Old 09-12-2005, 01:36 PM
Heir Apparent

"non objective sources....."

Most of those articles were from independent organisations. Are they not objective? Or does a source have to be critical for it to be objective and fair?

Old 09-12-2005, 01:42 PM
Commoner

http://www.amanjordan.org/english/da...php?ArtID=4209

Since when jordanian medias were objective,because it's not true the heighest women political presentation in ME is not in jordan but in Tunisia and Morocco,even Palestine is doing better in this matter...
Old 09-12-2005, 02:24 PM
Nobility

[QUOTE=Tami_T Great,obviously nothing more since 70's]

It seems most of the reforms took place during the 70's and 80's when Prince Hassan was in charge of the development of Jordan, and was backed by his brother. He certainly spear headed the movement for women's voting rights and the headed the first development conference on the participation of women in public life that took place before this, in 1973. I remember it very clearly as I was in Jordan at the time, and it certainly made waves, especially the issue of women's votes. He spoke out often and clearly in public at the time, pushing for women's involvement in the working life of the country ( and for family planning, which did not take off) Nothing further has has happened that is new since 1999, when he ceased to exercise public office in the country. Is this a coincidence ? I think a conservative society like Jordan needs someone of Prince Hassan's stature to push through
Old 09-12-2005, 02:51 PM
Commoner

[QUOTE=shelley]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami_T Great,obviously nothing more since 70's

It seems most of the reforms took place during the 70's and 80's when Prince Hassan was in charge of the development of Jordan, and was backed by his brother. He certainly spear headed the movement for women's voting rights and the headed the first development conference on the participation of women in public life that took place before this, in 1973. I remember it very clearly as I was in Jordan at the time, and it certainly made waves, especially the issue of women's votes. He spoke out often and clearly in public at the time, pushing for women's involvement in the working life of the country ( and for family planning, which did not take off) Nothing further has has happened that is new since 1999, when he ceased to exercise public office in the country. Is this a coincidence ? I think a conservative society like Jordan needs someone of Prince Hassan's stature to push through

You are right shelly,this is what I was meaning,jordanian women might have some rights,but those were from previous reforms,and not from the so called empowerement of queen rania for women rights

I agree that rania lacks what had P.Hassan ,and she's confusing her role of a model for fashion clothing and what's tendency :which is a issue of self image,and her role as an influent could-be first lady knowing how to empower social issues
Old 09-12-2005, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oppie

However it seems that the rule is only when they are on a state visit in the Vatican. Since they are not in the Vatican and it is not a state visit the rules seem a little more relaxed. The last time Queen Rania saw the pope it was not in the Vatican and she wore white, the same thing for the Empress of Japan.
if you're right then that means she didnt break protocol. The last time KA and QR met the Pope was also in his summer residence.
I doubt a Queen would willingly break protocol when visiting someone as important. Obviously she knows more about what she's doing than most of us do.
Old 09-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Pope Benedict XVI meets with Jordan's King Abdullah II and his wife Rania in the papal summer residence in Castel Gandolfo, south of Rome, Monday, Sept. 12, 2005.

Pics from ANP, Gettyimages, and AP(Yahoo)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3007353.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	196977   Click image for larger version

Name:	3007362.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	196978   Click image for larger version

Name:	3008044.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	196979   Click image for larger version

Name:	3008053.jpg
Views:	514
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	196980  

Name:	3009039.jpg
Views:	530
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	196981   Click image for larger version

Name:	55384751.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	196982   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	196983   Click image for larger version

Name:	4b.jpg
Views:	706
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	196984  

Old 09-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Obviously she knows more about what she's doing than most of us do.
Inshallah, as is used in her country so often.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

ok I looked this up. When visiting the Pope in Vatican city, one has to observe the black rule and wear a long skirt. A veil is not necessary.
But since both times Rania and Abdullah visited the Pope at his summer residence of Castel Gandolfo, the rule wouldnt apply to Rania.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tami_T
She had brook the protocol.The first time it was in 2000,she met pope Jean Paul II in Vatican ,with king abdallh,and she was wearing obviously a white dress with a white matilla worn normally by the catholic queens

QR & KA first met Pope John Paul II in 1999 and not in 2000.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

its odd that Petra doesnt have pics from the visit with the Pope today.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:48 AM
Heir Apparent

"Since when jordanian medias were objective,because it's not true the heighest women political presentation in ME is not in jordan but in Tunisia and Morocco,even Palestine is doing better in this matter..."

I find it incredibly telling that you choose to use one of the only links that was from a Jordanian newspaper. The others are all from independent organisations.........
Old 09-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Jordianian Royals join forces with Pope Benedict
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty.../13/raniapope/

Old 09-13-2005, 11:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

more pics from deadline press

http://www.deadline-press.com/fotowe...AlfaNumericAsc
Old 09-13-2005, 02:26 PM
Courtier

King Adbullah Arrived in the U.S and delivered a Speech.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Wink

few more pics from Viennareport and Farabolafoto
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1522508_b.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	197262   Click image for larger version

Name:	1523301_b.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	16.0 KB
ID:	197263   Click image for larger version

Name:	1523303_b.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	197264   Click image for larger version

Name:	1523304_b.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	197265  

Name:	CAH4QLLZ.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	197267   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAWHQ7UF.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	197268  
Old 09-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Nobility

I didn't know where to post this question, so does anyone know how much Haq-Meher Arab royals usually recieve? Just wondering... :)
Old 09-17-2005, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by polop
I didn't know where to post this question, so does anyone know how much Haq-Meher Arab royals usually recieve? Just wondering... :)
what's haq_meher??
Old 09-17-2005, 03:36 PM
Nobility

Oh, sorry. Haq-Meher is sort of a gift which the groom is suppose to give the bride during the course of their marriage.Haq-Meher is customary in Islam.Usually the haq-meher is paid off by money.For example, during the time of the Nikkha or the Islamic marriage certificate acknowleding the wedding of two persons, the bride and the groom decide upon what the haq-meher is suppose to be. Haq-meher, according to my knowledge, is the amount of money which the groom agrees to pay the wife. At the time of divorce, the husband MUST pay the haq-meher to which he promised to pay during the marriage. I hope I cleared it up a bit, otherwise Iam trying to find an article to give you a better understanding of what haq-meher really is.:)
Old 09-17-2005, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

The Arabic members on this forum may not understand that word. The word "Haq-meher" or "Haq-i-Meher" is an Urdu word used by Muslims mostly in Pakistan, India etc.
The Arabic word for it must be different.
Its a gift as well as the amount of money that has to be given to the bride in case of a divorce. It can be a small amount or a large amount, it all depends on the financial situation of the groom.
Also, it would be rude and disrespectful to announce something so private to the public. So I doubt you'll find out how much royal brides or any Muslim bride gets. Such private matters are only known to the bride and groom and some of their family members.