The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Jordan > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 01:31 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
Why she never talks to "good morning Jordan" ,she's the Queen of Jordan or of UK and USA?

I don't know how many people in Jordan watch north american TV programms and could see their queen talking in GMA?
Good observation! And before some say there is no Good morning Jordan or something of the sort. Let me tell you this:

"Yawm Jadeed" (Morning Show) is a programme broadcast live
Sat.-Thurs. at 7:00 am(Amman time). It aims to increase public awareness about social issues, health and religion. (I am watching it now:p)

"Yis'id Sabahak" (Friday Morning Show) is a live programme that features various local events across the Kingdom. It also spotlights local talents, artists, and national occasions and accomplishments.

"Sixty Minutes" goes on air every Friday night at 8pm (Amman time). It consists of a detailed news bulletin, and follows up on political and social issues of concern to the community.

Source:
http://jrtv.jo/jrtv/index.php

So, no excuses ..And again this proves that rania targets more the western media.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Courtier

i don't know if it's just me, but i think rania is a picture - rather than video - person. for some reason, i don't find her as attractive in the videos as in the pics. maybe it is just me?

anyway, none of her interviews unfortunetley have carried any substance. but that is not her fault in the least. the trouble is that these western reporters are so caught up in the idea of monarchy and kings and queens that they hesitate to ask real questions. if you've noticed, most of her interviews are quite similar: "the hope gap", "queen is what I do not what I am", etc. etc. so the reporters are asking the same questions unfortunately.

also - they talked at the end that rania said that the monarchy would step aside once jordan was ready for democracy and that abdullah had initiated a 10year plan for that to take place. okay --- talk about rubbish! it's so sad that rania believes that jordan is not ready for democracy. it's even sadder that the reporters believe that jordan will become a democracy under Abdullah.

Old 02-02-2006, 01:34 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

So there was no seperate interview to Good Morning America.
They only showed a few minutes long clip from the Nightline interview.
She was asked about the Hamas election as well, that seems to be on everyone's mind right now.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:37 AM
Courtier

I have the same observation before as I said that QR doesn't look the same on photos and on videos or TV:on photos better and on TV not really attractive but very hard faced.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:41 AM
Courtier

I would love to see her doing an interview with Al-Jazeera or Al-ARabiya - not sure if she has before. Even if she says the same thing, I think it would be interesting to observe.

I would also love to see her doing a serious American/Western interview. GMA or Today Show doesn't really cut it. She's smart, she can handle Davos. Put her on a real political talk show in the west like Charlie Rose or something. And give her real questions.

Also - honestly, was Rania a "business executive"/??? i don't think anyone on the forums or any of the bios say that. so why do the reporters say that??
Old 02-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Courtier

Executive???kidding,she has a bachelor in business administration and no experience to do such as job.
Old 02-02-2006, 01:44 AM
Gentry

By the way, when she speaks Arabic, her voice is more masculine for some reason.

A business executive???...Helllllllllllooooooooooo
Old 02-02-2006, 01:47 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
I would love to see her doing an interview with Al-Jazeera or Al-ARabiya - not sure if she has before. Even if she says the same thing, I think it would be interesting to observe.

I would also love to see her doing a serious American/Western interview. GMA or Today Show doesn't really cut it. She's smart, she can handle Davos. Put her on a real political talk show in the west like Charlie Rose or something. And give her real questions.
I do not think she would put herself in such situation. I guess she asks for the questions ahead of time before accepting an interview
Old 02-02-2006, 01:51 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by madonna23
Very good idea,I would like also to hear her talking "and acting" as well from an arabic/muslim/ME point of view,and not only having very shallow discussions in some western medias,as she talks always in behalf muslims and arabs

By the way,she never did an interview to Al-Jazeera or Al-Arabyia,those TV channels are very serious and have some very good programms to talk deeply about some social and politic issues.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:18 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

she did ashort one in Dubai last year ...in al-arabya i think..
Old 02-02-2006, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

I have screen caps from the interview but I dont think I want to post them just now as we're on page 10 already.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

i was thought Nightline's website had transcripts of their shows but cant seem to find anything at the moment.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:04 AM
Courtier

At sunday I saw an interviw with the queen she gave in Davos to Becky Anderson. They talked about Rania's education initiatives in Jordan, the Amman bombings and the reaction of the Jordanian people to that events and her trip to Pakistan (no personal questions)..
In my eyes she looked very beautiful. Maybe she gave the impression to be not a too charming person, rather a serious one.
Old 02-02-2006, 10:36 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monalisa
Executive???kidding,she has a bachelor in business administration and no experience to do such as job.
i do agree with this statement as QR did not hold any senior positions before marriage and it would be silly to suggest that any young graduate fresh out of college walks into a top job. From what I heard she was a bank teller and did an admin job at Apple - NOT CEO!

I think all these royal imagemakers like to 'be imaginative' when it comes to writing royal CV's, no matter which country they are from.

QR has increased staff at the Queen's office significantly and has some of the best brains in Jordan working for her. She is the mouthpiece, they do the research and collate the info.
Old 02-02-2006, 11:54 AM
Heir Apparent

King Abdullah listens as U.S. President George W. Bush speaks at the 52nd Annual National Prayer Breakfast in Washington February 2, 2006. King Abdullah is scheduled to give a key note address at a luncheon on Thursday.

from yahoo/ap/reuters
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	81.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	226297   Click image for larger version

Name:	82.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	226298  
Old 02-02-2006, 12:09 PM
Heir Apparent

HM lost some weight?
Old 02-02-2006, 04:06 PM
Serene Highness

Time for a new thread! Thank you to all who contributed.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post373802