The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2017, 09:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
It doesn't seem that Palmer actually was following the Denmark trip himself but rather took a few glances at the Daily Fail pictures and worked from that. Probably had a three martini lunch scheduled somewhere and his mind was not on his job.

This is not the man to follow if you're seriously into any kind of royal news.

No law can be sacred to me but that of my nature. Good and bad are but names very readily transferable to that or this; the only right is what is after my constitution, the only wrong what is against it.

~~~Ralph Waldo Emerson~~~
Old 10-26-2017, 11:29 PM
Majesty

Great second day. Lot to catch up on after work

It must have been very emotional meeting the family of the Danish soldier. I have heard him speak about that flight home, and how it impacted him, and on his future with Invictus. Not simply the wounded soldiers with him on the airplane, but also the coffin loaded on. Yes there were many dead soldiers unfortunately, but even though he never met the man, that's one coffin he will never forget. I have little doubt the meeting meant a lot to him.

Harry continues to shine with the people. He really has such a presence where ever he goes.

As for the British press, I honestly think sometimes its because of clothes. They seem to think the public is only interested in stories about fashion. Kate's stories 3/4 will be about her outfit. Harry has no wife to talk about.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

And the positive coverage of Harry continues: https://www.bt.dk/royale/prins-harry...d-end-planlagt

He (and Joachim) were only scheduled to stay with the veterans for an hour, but the rapport between the veterans and Harry was so good that they stayed much longer.

The veterans expressed disappointment that it was hardly noticed when they took part in the Invictus Games (and did well BTW), when they returned not a single reporter had bothered to show up at the airport.
They also missed more attention from the DRF and hoped for that to change.
(Truth to be told, the DRF has actually shown support for veterans who have readjustment problems upon returning and veterans who has psychological issues, but admittedly not that much to physically wounded veterans who have taken up sports, with the exception of Frederik).

After Harry had left Joachim said: "It was a smashing visit. The main purpose of the visit by Prince Harry was of course to meet the Danish participants in Invictus Games, which is immeasurably dear to him".

Asked whether he, Joachim, would actively support the Danish branch of the Invictus Games, Joachim promptly answered: "Yes! - Why not? There is a tremendous success in this. Because it's about each individual participant having an experience about setting up some goals and help supporting (others). So there is both the old fighting spirit. But also the personal victory about moving on and coming back on top and become whole and carry your own weight again".

So who knows? We can hope Joachim will become patron of the wounded veterans so to speak.

I think that would be an area where he would be very dedicated. And perhaps find a new true role for himself within the DRF.
There has been questions asked about where Joachim is going after the sale of Schackenborg. What will be his role within the DRF and for DK - and himself. - Perhaps Joachim has found the answer.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:48 AM
Majesty

I am so glad to read this, and that Harry and Joachim enjoyed this visit. I hope that Joachim will take up the cause of wounded vets and stay with it. It's such a vital cause and I know Harry gets such a lot out of interacting with them all.
Old 10-27-2017, 10:59 AM
Majesty

I don't follow Harry and the BRF as intensely as I used to, but one of the things that stands out while skimming this thread is Prince Harry's complete body and soul dedication to wounded vets. For a few years I was afraid he was on the wrong path, but even a casual observer can tell that Invictus has transformed him. It's not just one of several myriad charities he supports because he is a Royal prince who is expected to do something useful...it's now part of his life in a big way.

In other words he has found his purpose and Life Path, which many people don't.

Harry is very fortunate in so many ways.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-28-2017, 02:04 AM
Majesty

Exactly, Moonmaiden. I agree.

And it's farewell from Denmark after a successful visit.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kensingto...02946666668032

https://mobile.twitter.com/Kensingto...07789351268352