Old 03-15-2007, 06:26 PM
Royal Highness

I do not create it

Old 03-15-2007, 06:59 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by monica
I do not create it
Monica, I'm not sure exactly what you mean? Could you please clarify?

Old 03-15-2007, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

monica wanted to say that wasn't her. but the pink magazines.
Old 03-15-2007, 11:09 PM
Nobility

Wow her hubby is a hotty! Notice how the photos do not show her stomach. The kids are adorable, but I think I'd maybe get a baby-sitter for the honeymoon! Well, at least for part of it!
Old 03-16-2007, 12:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
Don't you mean to say "a Caribbean island?"
That is interesting what you share.

I read at another webpage, that some-one at one of the royalty magazines found out where this couple was honeymooning, and that the pictures were agreed to, provided the location wasn't mentioned.

The location was supposed to be in the Indian Ocean somewhere.

But in the Caribbean, it could be in the US Virgin Islands which used to be Danish at one time?
Old 03-16-2007, 07:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp

I read at another webpage, that some-one at one of the royalty magazines found out where this couple was honeymooning, and that the pictures were agreed to, provided the location wasn't mentioned.

But in the Caribbean, it could be in the US Virgin Islands which used to be Danish at one time?
In the Indian ocean it's pretty hot at the moment, while I read that the Caribbean has had some rather cold days lately - so I guess from the clothing they are in the Caribbean.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaffir
Wow her hubby is a hotty! Notice how the photos do not show her stomach. The kids are adorable, but I think I'd maybe get a baby-sitter for the honeymoon! Well, at least for part of it!
The pictures in the paper version of the magazine did show the stomach, and she doesn't look any more or less pregnant than she did in her wedding gown.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:28 AM
Nobility

Ah, thanks norwegianne!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrhcp

I only guessed it as the Caribbean Islands after she called it Caribic, which I never heard that term before. Furthermore, I now exactly which webpage and discussion you are talking about, and again no one knows exactly where the couple are honeymooning.

Yes, the US Virgin Islands were once a Danish territory and are known in Denmark as the former Danish West Indian Islands (De tidligere Dansk Vestindiske Øer.)

Old 03-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

she could or could not be pregnant "Meanwhile, back home in Denmark there is already speculation that the couple may be adding to their family. The Hong Kong-born mother of two refused to confirm or deny the rumours, however. "I've not got anything to say about that," said Alexandra. "We have two wonderful children. The situation couldn't get any better, even if there were new additions to the family, or none at all."
" source hellomagazine
Old 03-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

It sounds to me like she is pregnant but hedging her bets. At her age she will need to have a number of genetic tests done. You cant do amniocentesis until 16 weeks and then it takes 2 weeks to get the results, Personally, i was 38 years old, but told NO ONE including my mother until I got the all clear from the doctor. I was very fit as she is, and really didnt show at all untill 32 weeks. We told the family at 29 weeks.

And good for her at her age, if she wants to have another baby. So many of us who try to have a child in our late 30s or early 40s have to do the whole in vitro route, sometimes with only heartbreak to show for it. How great for them if it is true!
Old 03-17-2007, 08:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
It sounds to me like she is pregnant but hedging her bets. At her age she will need to have a number of genetic tests done. You cant do amniocentesis until 16 weeks and then it takes 2 weeks to get the results, Personally, i was 38 years old, but told NO ONE including my mother until I got the all clear from the doctor. I was very fit as she is, and really didnt show at all untill 32 weeks. We told the family at 29 weeks.

And good for her at her age, if she wants to have another baby. So many of us who try to have a child in our late 30s or early 40s have to do the whole in vitro route, sometimes with only heartbreak to show for it. How great for them if it is true!
These are my thoughts too....I can understand if she is hesitating to announce a pregnancy. However, if she´s not pregnant why not just say so??? Or else like someone else said she´s making such ambiguous statements to keep the media interest in her (but she never struck me as that kind of person). If her privacy is really so important to her why not say something like we will not be commenting on that, rather than statements like her seamstress knowing how to sew her dress and being happy if they have additions to the family, or not...(maybe that statement got lost in translation, but in English it sounded like the "or not" was added as an after thought).
Old 03-17-2007, 10:23 AM
Aristocracy

Scooter´s explaination makes sense to me.

And I´d like to add one more theory about why Alexandra didn´t answer simply yes or no, but such an ambiguous statement:

Maybe she thought, "whether I am pregnant or not, this has nothing to do with you media. Just keep guessing, you guys." Remember that she said in the wedding that now she hopes for a little peace and quiet?
Old 03-17-2007, 07:04 PM
Administrator

I think Alexandra isn't giving a general yes or no because really....as a private citizen...its no one's business.

And yes, Heike, I totally agree with your comment about a little peace and quiet. I think Alexandra would like to fade into the background. It will be interesting to note how she is treated by the press when she returns from her honeymoon. I am sure some of the tabloids will continue their fascination with her...but mindful of the Caroline Judgement...I wonder how they will handle her new life.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
I think Alexandra isn't giving a general yes or no because really....as a private citizen...its no one's business.

And yes, Heike, I totally agree with your comment about a little peace and quiet. I think Alexandra would like to fade into the background. It will be interesting to note how she is treated by the press when she returns from her honeymoon. I am sure some of the tabloids will continue their fascination with her...but mindful of the Caroline Judgement...I wonder how they will handle her new life.
I agree. Now that she's no longer a member of the Royal House, it's her own business whether she's pregnant or not. If she chooses to release that information, then that's only when the public will know.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:31 AM
Heir Presumptive

every day there are pics of them in the beach with alexandra's children. why they don't get off the paparazzi?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I think Alexandra would like to fade into the background.
What makes you think that?
When I look at the wedding and honeymoon pictures (and TV clips)
I see a woman who loves the limelight,
or at least doesn't show any desire for peace and quiet.

I am absolutely convinced Alexandra has no intention to and will not fade into the background.
She has kept a lot of her patronages and she needs the media to be of any use for these organizations in the future.
She actually needs the media more now that she is no longer a royal (with an official status and calendar)
but a "celebrity" who lives from her good reputation (which is created by the media).

Quote:
It will be interesting to note how she is treated by the press when she returns from her honeymoon.
Alexandra always had a good relationship with the media and IMO it will even be closer in the future.
And she will be treated in exactly the same way as she has been treated so far.
As long as she cooperates with the media they will write about her in a positive way.
(That BB article about her honeymoon was so sugary that I almost got diabetes while reading it. )
It' s really very simple: Give them what they want and they give you
what you want (meaning: write positive things about you).

E.g., the only critical articles about her wedding appeared
when the media thought they would not have access to the wedding.
When Alexandra posed for them before and after the wedding
and said such things like: It's so wonderful that you are here today"
(actually she seemed very pleased to be the center of the medias' attention,
there was even a report on German TV mentioning her obvious pleasure)
everything was "pink sky" again.

It seems nowadays Joachim and Alexandra are most eager to cooperate with the media
in order to get a positive press about their new partners/relationships.
A dangerous pattern IMO.

Quote:
Here I agree with you, Zonk.
But based on what she actually has said I don't think Alexandra is pregnant.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:32 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda
(That BB article about her honeymoon was so sugary that I almost got diabetes while reading it. )
Well that are their style, not just for Alexandra, forinstance they had such a touching story about Mary freezing on her fingers in Norway and jumping up and down to keep warm inspite of her pregnancy, such a brave girl Billedbladet never writes negatively about their own royals, and only rarely about the other royals, it is a regular piece of candy with the rose tinted truth on the royals, but because they have the best pictures I guess they can afford that style,

Well I agree, Alexandra will not disappear into the backround, and if she does it is certainly not because she wants to. I predict she will go on a UNICEF trip shortly, we will see what happens. When Mary will go on maternety leave there certianly will be room for the Countess in the media, atleast until Joachim marries, then it might be a little crowded.

She dont need a calendar to make her events know, Im sure whichever organisations she visits, sends a press release, afterall they want media attention as well
Old 03-19-2007, 09:44 AM
Nobility

I have to wonder if there is enough room for three royal ladies IF Joachim marries Marie. I see Alexandra's role being more international.
Old 03-19-2007, 10:42 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Well that are their style, not just for Alexandra, forinstance they had such a touching story about Mary freezing on her fingers in Norway and jumping up and down to keep warm inspite of her pregnancy, such a brave girl Billedbladet never writes negatively about their own royals, and only rarely about the other royals, it is a regular piece of candy with the rose tinted truth on the royals, but because they have the best pictures I guess they can afford that style,
That's why I read it - good pictures and something to laugh at.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, princess alexandra