Countess Alexandra's False Pregnancy Rumours: March to June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
our_girl_Friday said:
Where are your viewpoinbts coming from?

Well, my viewpoints are coming from the fact, that I´m going to work in the medical area. And out of the experiences, I´ve already made, I know, how ppl can react, if you haven´t told them about the risks before. It´s then always a big drama and the ppl aren´t just feeling devastated about the fact, that something went wrong...but also pretty helpless and left alone...and somehow "tricked"
I can very much see, that the circumstances of life these days often won´t allow a child sooner. Ppl have more demands to relationships, marry later, the education is longer, the fight on the job market tough, the wish to have more responsibility at an young age was stronger in earlier generations etc. and personally I probably won´t have children until 30 either.
But if one would have the right guy and some financial base and would ask me, if one should have a child at 35 or if it would be no problem 8 years later either...then I would tell the person about the risks. My intention isn´t to scare ppl, but to tell them, how it is. Yes, statistics are statistics...but that isn´t just ink on paper, but something documenting the fates of ppl, who live and who have lived!
If an old couple really want a child, they would (try to) get it anyway.
Somehow I´ve a feeling, ppl here feel personally attacked, because they self became late mothers or are the result of a pregnancy with an older mother.
But to present some facts and to make young ppl, who get the feeling, that they can wait forever with getting children, because the media are spreading stories about celebs getting children at 46 and women getting children at 62, a bit thinking, is that really an attack?
If a woman is now 43 and does really want her first child or a second child...then she should try to have one.
But I think the women, who are 20 today should also get an idea, that there are risks. So I would never advice any 20 year old, who generally wants children, to wait with a pregnancy until 45. Or would you?

Heike said:
I am sure that Alexandra´s third child will be born very healthy!!

Is it already confirmed (from a safe source) that she is pregnant?

"But I think the women, who are 20 today should also get an idea, that there are risks. So I would never advice any 20 year old, who generally wants children, to wait with a pregnancy until 45. Or would you?"

And supposing such a woman hasn´t found the person she wants to have a baby with until late in life??? When she is in her 20s or 30s should she just pick a man off the street???? Live as a single mother??? I think older women are well aware of the risks and if they could have children sooner they would...but hey it´s not a perfect world...I know some of my aunts had children in their early 40s, not because they chose to but because they didn´t meet their partner til late in life - all had healthy children!

Lena said:
Is it already confirmed (from a safe source) that she is pregnant?

I worte in the 3rd line of that paragraph: "under the assumption".

eireann said:
"But I think the women, who are 20 today should also get an idea, that there are risks. So I would never advice any 20 year old, who generally wants children, to wait with a pregnancy until 45. Or would you?"

And supposing such a woman hasn´t found the person she wants to have a baby with until late in life??? When she is in her 20s or 30s should she just pick a man off the street???? Live as a single mother??? I think older women are well aware of the risks and if they could have children sooner they would...but hey it´s not a perfect world...I know some of my aunts had children in their early 40s, not because they chose to but because they didn´t meet their partner til late in life - all had healthy children!

Well, that´s a wee bit exaggerated, isn´t it ;) But it is very much with the general attitude of this board. All ppl seem to meet THE big love, that is fitting like a LEGO brick...they just had to wait and if they get divorced, they suddenly weren´t meant for each other :rolleyes:
I mean of course you are right...some ppl have bad luck...if you are 35 and your long-time partner of 5 years is cheating on you with your best friend...the baby planning would be "on hold" for some more years (getting over the disappointment, dating several guys, starting and testing a new relationship...and then you would already celebrate your 40th birthday)
But let´s face it...many women, who are suddenly hearing their clock ticking at 35 often rush into a marriage or suddenly want children from their long-time partners. I bet many of them would even wait longer, if women would stay fertile all their life (so up from to their teenage yours to 80 or so) Why should one suddenly find Mr. right at 40? In many cases there is some "pretending to oneself" involved...and if this wouldn´t be, we probably would be already extincted. Then all women would wait and wait for the big love...and maybe 1% or so would find it. Does sound cynically, but the divorce rate is on my side (of course also just statistics...and not as good as a relative or friend, who married at 40 and who is already 10 years happily married ;)) But I´m of course open for stories on women, who wanted children all their life, but couldn´t have ones, because they hadn´t the right partner. This is a very rare thing for me...and base for my theory, that a ticking clock is making you more open for all kind of choices. ;)

And then there is also career-planning...many of the women, who get pregnant at 40+ concentrated many years on their career. And IMO that is something, that you can at least plan a little in the favour of a child before 40.

But again...generally you are completely right...and I hope I haven´t scared ppl so much, that someone is thinking, that it´s at 17 high time for getting pregnant of the neighbour boy ;)

Last edited:
I'm really happy that everyone is an Ph.D. expert on 40 and Over Women who have Babies, and thanks for posting your theories and analysis, but can we please move on.

Thanks.

Lena said:
Well, my viewpoints are coming from the fact, that I´m going to work in the medical area. And out of the experiences, I´ve already made, I know, how ppl can react, if you haven´t told them about the risks before. It´s then always a big drama and the ppl aren´t just feeling devastated about the fact, that something went wrong...but also pretty helpless and left alone...and somehow "tricked"

Thank you Lena. I think this is a responsible post as you are making people aware of the risks. We all know women who have had healthy children late in life and we are happy for them but that does not eliminate the dangers for others who ought to know.
I am sure that Countess Alexandra would have considered all options carefully if she had decided to have another child.

LOSSEAN said:
Thank you Lena. I think this is a responsible post as you are making people aware of the risks. We all know women who have had healthy children late in life and we are happy for them but that does not eliminate the dangers for others who ought to know.
I am sure that Countess Alexandra would have considered all options carefully if she had decided to have another child.

I didn't read all the posts about this question and as I have no particular knowledges about it the single thing that I want to express is my best congratulations to the Countess Alexandra if she is pregnant because as - it seems to me- I have already wrote : what is more marvellous to have a baby from the man you love... when it is possible!

In this cas why it could be not possible? Only the age ? Now it's a major problem. It's the reason why I hope for the new couple that they will be fathers sooner!:flowers: :flowers:

GlitteringTiaras said:
I'm really happy that everyone is an Ph.D. expert on 40 and Over Women who have Babies, and thanks for posting your theories and analysis, but can we please move on.

Thanks.

LOL!! That was funny! Great comic relief there! :ROFLMAO:

I'll hold my tongue until there's official word or she starts showing.

Ladies thank you for the responses this is a very important topic we should have more discussions on similar subjects however there are countless of cases that you do not know about and my opion was not meted out to Princess Alexandra I was speaking in general I know many registered nurses and their experience of women giving birth after 40-45(the babies being born) of some of these are shocking. Do not let us bambase one another. we are not God. This is an Educational Subject. Two years ago there was an article written by a very famous London Gynocologist (in a London News Paper)concerning almost and middle aged women getting pregnant and giving birth his article coincided with what my nurse friends said. Keep the subject alive we are learning from one another

GlitteringTiaras has asked people to move on. General discussions about pregnancy risks at different ages belong in Members' Corner, not here. If this discussion doesn't get back on topic, we'll be deleting off-topic posts.

Elspeth

Royal Forums administrator

Quote from this week's edition of Billed Bladet, regarding pregnancy:

"I don't have a comment at all - but if my wedding gown supposedly indicated anything in that direction, I would just like to say that I had a fantastic tailor who knows how to sew a dress so that it fits - and enhances what it's meant to enhance. We have two lovely children. If one or more - or none at all - come along, it can't get much better than this." - Alexandra

"Our family is just the way it's supposed to be." - Martin

norwegianne said:
Quote from this week's edition of Billed Bladet, regarding pregnancy:

"I don't have a comment at all - but if my wedding gown supposedly indicated anything in that direction, I would just like to say that I had a fantastic tailor who knows how to sew a dress so that it fits - and enhances what it's meant to enhance. We have two lovely children. If one or more - or none at all - come along, it can't get much better than this." - Alexandra

"Our family is just the way it's supposed to be." - Martin

Pretty ambiguous statements...:rolleyes:

I don't view them as ambiguous at all. I think she was saying that if she was pregnant, her dressmaker did a fabulous job of making sure it didn't show. I think she was also saying that her and Martin are happy with the 2 children they have, but whether they have more or no more....they are still happy.

Sister Morphine said:
I don't view them as ambiguous at all. I think she was saying that if she was pregnant, her dressmaker did a fabulous job of making sure it didn't show. I think she was also saying that her and Martin are happy with the 2 children they have, but whether they have more or no more....they are still happy.

I think hat the poster meant ambiguous in that it did not answer the question that this thread is all about. Much to everyone's ( I am sure) dismay!:lol:

In any case. Any child is a gift.

She said she didn't have a comment as to whether or not she was pregnant, and since she is no longer a member of the royal family, I doubt we'd get an announcement anyway unless she specifically wanted one. She's under no obligation to clarify anything for people, IMO. I'd hate to think she would be forced to say so one way or the other just so people's minds can be at ease.

However, no comment is just that, no comment. Which means she could, or could not be pregnant. So I can see why some members might think that to be ambiguous. And despite the fact that she is no longer a member of the Royal Family, she will still be carrying out charitable duties, her sons are still princes, and she is still a public figure. So whether she likes it or not, unless she becomes an absolute recluse, she will forever be the subject of speculation and questions. And if she still continues to carry out her charitable works, as I believe that she will, then her private life is subject to at least some public scrutiny.

Always again in the limelight....

Alexandra knows how to keep people being interested in her. She should know whether she´s pregnant or not and why not give a correct answer if they ask her....
By the way: There are some nice photos of her honeymoon with Martin AND the boys in some caribic island. And she again permitted to make photos but only if the name of the island keeps being a secret....So we don´t have to worry: She´s not off the earth after her second marriage.

By the way: There are some nice photos of her honeymoon with Martin AND the boys in some caribic island. And she again permitted to make photos but only if the name of the island keeps being a secret....So we don´t have to worry: She´s not off the earth after her second marriage.

Don't you mean to say "a Caribbean island?"

Billet Bladet has several new photos plus a story of Countess Alexandra, Martin and the two boys.

The story and photo were shot on a beuatiful warm tropical island, however, no one knows exactly where and it should stay that way.

Please click here to read the story and to see photos.

so, she don't confimed the pregnancy, may be is a lie of the press

No, she did not confirm anything. One should always assume the press lies, Corazon, until the Palace or PR person has confirmed a story.

monica wanted to say that wasn't her. but the pink magazines.

Wow her hubby is a hotty! Notice how the photos do not show her stomach. The kids are adorable, but I think I'd maybe get a baby-sitter for the honeymoon! Well, at least for part of it!

GlitteringTiaras said:
Don't you mean to say "a Caribbean island?"
That is interesting what you share.

I read at another webpage, that some-one at one of the royalty magazines found out where this couple was honeymooning, and that the pictures were agreed to, provided the location wasn't mentioned.

The location was supposed to be in the Indian Ocean somewhere.

But in the Caribbean, it could be in the US Virgin Islands which used to be Danish at one time?

hrhcp said:

I read at another webpage, that some-one at one of the royalty magazines found out where this couple was honeymooning, and that the pictures were agreed to, provided the location wasn't mentioned.

But in the Caribbean, it could be in the US Virgin Islands which used to be Danish at one time?

In the Indian ocean it's pretty hot at the moment, while I read that the Caribbean has had some rather cold days lately - so I guess from the clothing they are in the Caribbean.

kaffir said:
Wow her hubby is a hotty! Notice how the photos do not show her stomach. The kids are adorable, but I think I'd maybe get a baby-sitter for the honeymoon! Well, at least for part of it!
The pictures in the paper version of the magazine did show the stomach, and she doesn't look any more or less pregnant than she did in her wedding gown. :rolleyes:

hrhcp said:

I only guessed it as the Caribbean Islands after she called it Caribic, which I never heard that term before. Furthermore, I now exactly which webpage and discussion you are talking about, and again no one knows exactly where the couple are honeymooning.

Yes, the US Virgin Islands were once a Danish territory and are known in Denmark as the former Danish West Indian Islands (De tidligere Dansk Vestindiske Øer.)

:)

she could or could not be pregnant "Meanwhile, back home in Denmark there is already speculation that the couple may be adding to their family. The Hong Kong-born mother of two refused to confirm or deny the rumours, however. "I've not got anything to say about that," said Alexandra. "We have two wonderful children. The situation couldn't get any better, even if there were new additions to the family, or none at all."
" source hellomagazine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom