Royal Family of Belgium - Current Events, Part 6 (Jan. 2007 - Jan. 2009)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today: solemn Discount(Delivery) of the International Price(Prize) King Baudouin for the Development, to the Palace of Brussels. Still no photos?????

Brussel King Albert, Queen Paola, Queen Fabiola, prince Filip, princess Mathilde, princess Astrid and prince Lorenz attended the ceremony of the International Boudewijnaward for development projects at the palace in Brussel
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto Brussel

More photos? PPE Agency

29/05/2007 : Prince Philippe, Princess Mathilde and Queen Fabiola : Session of finale of the International Musical Competition Queen Elisabeth of Belgium - Piano 2007 to the Palace of the Fine art of Brussels link (Source.be) BelgaPicture

The pictures are so beautiful.
Mathilde seems very elegant!!!

Good news! Although in my opinion. Good news! Although in my opinion. Pol Vandendriessche, the editor-in-chief of the Flemish program Royalty is leaving. He had contacts with the CD&V party and in doing so he made an end to his journalistic neutrality. Therefore he can't stay editor-in-chief of a royaltyprogram.
I wasn't a fan of him from the beginning. I think his analyses are to simplistic. He always had a lot of critic, wich I don't agree with. So I'm very happy he's leaving. (And I think Prince Philippe is happy too) From septembre on we can expect a new editor-in-chief, wait and see...
, the editor-in-chief of the Flemish program Royalty is leaving. He had contacts with the CD&V party and in doing so he made an end to his journalistic neutrality. Therefore he can't stay editor-in-chief of a royaltyprogram.
I wasn't a fan of him from the beginning. I think his analyses are to simplistic. He always had a lot of critic, wich I don't agree with. So I'm very happy he's leaving. (And I think Prince Philippe is happy too) From septembre on we can expect a new editor-in-chief, wait and see...

I'am happy to that he is leaving I'am also not a fan of him. When he was on television I thought Ono he go the royal family making bad. I hope that you understand me.

It is elegant dress on Princess Mathilde. Queen Fabiola see out now older lady of royal family. She is much elegant dress and beautiful hair!

07/06/2007
Concert to the Palace of Brussels on the occasion of the annual Conference of "European Festivals Association" and "International Society for the Performing Arts" organized this year by the Festival van Vlaanderen and the Festival of Wallonie. The concert is followed by a reception. (link Source Belga.be) BelgaPicture

Queen Fabiola is much elegant dress week photo!!!! She is beautiful grand old lady!!!

And obviously the story of Laurent not being welcome at the palace anymore is completely bogus, as he and his lovely wife are clearly present.

Yes they are, which did suprise me. I read however that they are not socially outcast but they are limited as to how many social events with the royal family they can attend. Probably so that it doesn't "upset" the public because of the accusations towards Laurent.

Thank you very much for the pictures. Princess Maria-Laura has grown into a beautiful young woman and she looks so much like her mother.

Can anyone share any light on the upcoming book by Noel Vaessen [the Colonel who copped most of the flack from the military trial earlier on in the year]. According to Catherine on the Benelux Messageboard, Noel claims that the BRF:
->Are isolated from the real world.
->They lust only for money, power and pretige.
->A deadly car accident back in 1972 was caused by the then [?] Prince Albert.

Good grief... it seems the colonel wants revenge after the recent Laurent scandal. :( Very worrysome!

Oh for petes sake. I have heard of jealousy, but this is just ridiculous. Something rather comparable to that completely mad man who claimed he was the illegitimate child of Princess Margaret.

I can understand that he might be upset, but if any of this mess that he is spreading has any truth whatever, there would have been rumors before now. He makes them out to seem like leeches licing off of society who want more more more.

Well, the colonel was a close confidente of the RF, he has worked with them for years. i fear he might be informed about one or two things.

so he must have some merit. Besides their are laws against slander, he can not just write anything, nor will he I imagine. I will not be buying that book but am glad that we do not live in a society where you can only rave about royals

Well, the colonel was a close confidente of the RF, he has worked with them for years. i fear he might be informed about one or two things.

Sadly in Flanders these days the press seems to be dedicated to the very opposite of raving, they use every opportunity to put the monarchy in a bad light.

Fortunately there are many Royal family fans in Belgium which support the royal family and I am this way a supporter. :flowers::)

Oh yes, people in Belgium love our Royal Family

rominet09 I am glad they do appreciate your Royal Family because the King and Queen and Crown Princely couple in particular do an awful lot of good work IMO.

and as they should, no big merit there, it would be unsufferable if they did not, with privilage comes duty.

rominet09 I am glad they do appreciate your Royal Family because the King and Queen and Crown Princely couple in particular do an awful lot of good work IMO.

King Albert II and Queen Paola of Belgium, Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde of Belgium, outgoing Foreign Minister Karel De Gucht and outgoing Minister for Development aid Sabine Laruelle, posing for a group portrait with the Belgian diplomats during a reception for Belgian diplomats, in the 'Diplomatic contact days', at the Belvedere castle, in Laken - Laeken, Brussels,

Supload.com // Free Image Hosting

Thanks Stephanie, did the Belgian ambassador to France attend this meeting too? I believe there was sort of scandal with him recently.

Thanks Stephanie, did the Belgian ambassador to France attend this meeting too? I believe there was sort of scandal with him recently.

Schmidt sure attended - virtually as hot gossip. Other than that he wasn´t there, just his designated successor Baudouin de la Kethulle de Ryhove attended the meeting. Here´s more about the causa Schmidt.
flandersnews.be - Belgium calls back Paris ambassador

And thanks for the pics, Stephanie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom