The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Belgium > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha-louise
Are there people here who have had a christmasscard from the princely couple? Did they take a new picture with all five of them?
Yes, I did receive a christmascard from Filip and Mathilde, but this year it comes without a photo, it's a plain thank you-card, just like the one we received for Emmanuel's birth.

Old 01-15-2006, 02:31 PM
Aristocracy

Oh that's a pitty! I think they should keep it like tradition to send each year a picture...

Old 01-15-2006, 09:33 PM
Serene Highness

Great photos, Hannelore and Jelka! I especially like the second picture in post 143 of Mathilde. She looks as though she is encouraging someone with her facial attentiveness, if that is such and expression.
Old 01-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Philippe has left for Kuwait City today, together with Didier Donfut (state secretary for European affairs), to pay his respects to the first minister tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2006, 12:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathérine Bergeyck
Prince Philippe has left for Kuwait City today, together with Didier Donfut (state secretary for European affairs), to pay his respects to the first minister tomorrow.
has he arrived yet? i noticed that prince felipe of spain & prince charles of britain has paid their respects.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:11 AM
Heir Presumptive

Maybe there are just no photos of him... He should be back by now!
Old 01-18-2006, 07:03 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Didn't know where to post this (as there is no thread on Mathilde's family) but 'Renee' posted on the Benelux Royals MB that it is said on the Royaute2 site that Countess Elisabeth d'Udekem-d'Acoz (sister of Mathilde) is engaged to Markgraf Alfonso Pallavicini (b. 1964), son of Markgraf Karl-Alexander Pallavicini and of Avagora Ctsa degli Azzoni Avagadro. Alfonso is a nephew of Duchess Helene of Wurttemberg.

Is Elisabeth the one who dated with Prince Charles-Phillipe d'Orleans, Duke of Anjou? Or is that Helene? Anyway, I believe Charles-Phillipe is courting the younger Duchess of Cadaval these days.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:09 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo
Didn't know where to post this (as there is no thread on Mathilde's family) but 'Renee' posted on the Benelux Royals MB that it is said on the Royaute2 site that Countess Elisabeth d'Udekem-d'Acoz (sister of Mathilde) is engaged to Markgraf Alfonso Pallavicini (b. 1964), son of Markgraf Karl-Alexander Pallavicini and of Avagora Ctsa degli Azzoni Avagadro. Alfonso is a nephew of Duchess Helene of Wurttemberg.

Is Elisabeth the one who dated with Prince Charles-Phillipe d'Orleans, Duke of Anjou? Or is that Helene? Anyway, I believe Charles-Phillipe is courting the younger Duchess of Cadaval these days.

Yes , Elisabeth was dating Prince Chalres-Phillipe d' Orleans
Old 01-18-2006, 02:15 PM
Aristocracy

So, is Elisabeth's fiance german or belgian? thank you.
Also, are there any photos of Elisabeth?
Old 01-19-2006, 06:55 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Italian I believe, but his family was a prominent one in the austrian-hungarian empire, and his anscestos married a lot of tsjech/hungarian nobles. Probably he is related to Marie-Christine of Kent.
Old 01-19-2006, 07:33 AM
Heir Presumptive

You can find more about him in the thead "Mathilde's family"
Old 01-19-2006, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

On 23rd of January princess Mathilde will atend a workmeeting for the 10th aniversary of the Fortis Foundation. Theme is "the patronage has the gift to innovate". (whatever that may mean...)
Old 01-19-2006, 10:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

In this week point de vue there's a picture of Philippe, Paola and Mathilde (with another couple) on the boat in Italy. It's a different one from the those in the papers last week.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

This afternoon I was listening to Klara, Belgian classical radio. There was an interview with sister Jeanne Devos. She's a Belgian mission sister who's been working in India whole her life. She works for women's rights, education for girls, against sexual abuse of children and for a better life for female servants. this year she was nominated for the Nobel peace prize.

Princess Mathilde visited her last year, on her economic mission to India.

She said in the interview that she's going to open the American congress on child abuse in San Diego in a few days. Because this congress collaborates with a similar congress in Leuven (Belgium), they had asked princess Mathilde to open the congress in San Diego. She accepted, but because of the birth of Emmanuel and her busy agenda she's finally not able to go. Jeanne Devos will go in her place and Mathilde has sent a videomessage that will be shown.

On Mathilde's visit to her work in India Jeanne Devos said the following : "Perhaps it has to do with her past as speech therapist, but she knew how to approach the children and make them feel at ease. In their eyes she was some kind of fairy tale princess. After she visited our institute, I accompanied her on a part of the D'Mello Road [slums in Bombay] She was very touched by what she saw. I'm seventy years old : I notice immediately when people are sincere and when they aren't. Machteld, her collaborator, has phoned a few times since they left. If I should need it, I know how to reach the princess."

(Humo, 3394)
Old 01-19-2006, 03:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Here are some photos of princess Mathilde with sister Jeanne Devos in India (Clasos,belga, polfoto)

Old 01-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Serene Highness

Thank you for that information. I enjoy reading comments like that because it gives greater insight into the persons character. In this case, it only confirms the insights you can see glean from photos. CP Mathilde just gets better and better doesn't she? Catherine, can you arrange for some of us to meet with her?!:)
Old 01-20-2006, 01:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wish I could ! :)
Old 01-20-2006, 12:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Today it's Mathilde's 33rd birthday...Congratulations to her!
Old 01-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Courtier

Happy Birthday Princess Mathilde!:) :) Keep on being the wonderful princess you are!
Old 01-20-2006, 01:04 PM
Serene Highness

Happy Birthday to Mathilde!

Tags
crown prince phillipe, crown princess mathilde, current events, duchess of brabant, duke of brabant, mathilde, phillipe