Crown Prince Philippe and Crown Princess Mathilde Current Events: Dec 2004-Mar 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's been a sounding to find out wether the Belgians think prince Filip will make a good king: 73% said yes.

They didn't ask me of course :)

It's a good result I think.

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Yes,she really looks nice and elegant in these pics.
She already finished this year's engagements.We look foward to her engagements next year.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Philippe and Mathilde.
Same from me :)

We'll see Mathilde and Filip soon enough again, with a whole list of new years receptions. They've been very busy, and 2005 will be very busy year again, with a.o. an economic mission to India and Mathilde's humanitarian mission to Mali.

KABUL, AFGHANISTAN: Crown Prince Phillippe of Belgium (L) shakes hands with Afghan President Hamid Karzai at a press conference at the Presidential Palace in Kabul, 24 December 2004. Karzai thanked the Prince for his country's support and their military presence under the NATO-led peacekeeping force in Afghanistan.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 1,115
Filip and Mathilde both made a beautifull gesture on christmas eve.

Filip visited the Belgian troups in Afghanistan who have to celebrate christmas far from home without their families. He stayed for a few hours and had dinner with them. He also had a meeting with president Kharzai and with ex-king Zaher Shah of Afghanistan.

Mathilde stayed in Belgium and had her christmas dinner with the poor and homeless in the Carolus Borromeus church in Antwerp.

Last edited:
Yes, indeed, beautiful gestures..and from my point of view, not at all surprising from this lovely couple.

upcoming events

On January 15th, Filip and Mathilde will be present at a ballet performance in Turnhout.

Later in the year there will be economic missions to Japan and India.

In the beginning of the year (February?), Mathilde will preside (as Unicef ambassador) a Belgian humanitarian mission to Mali.

Prince Philippe on Christmas eve, with the Belgian soldiers in Afghanistan.

Belgian Crown Prince Philippe and Defence Minister Andre Flahaut pay a visit to Belgian soldiers in Kabul, Afghanistan, on Christmas evening, Friday 24 December 2004

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 217
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 538
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 511
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 440
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 220
Mathilde spends christmas with the underpriviledged

About 550 persons had gathered in the baroque Carolus Borromeus church in Antwerp for a free meal offered by the St Egidius community, like each year on christmas eve. On the menu were tomatoesoup, chicken with vegetables and coffee and pie.

Princess Mathilde arrived unanounced at 19h15. She stayed untill the end of the feast (21h00). She talked to the homeless, had soup with them and a glass of wine.

Jan De Volder, spokesman of the St Egidius community said "Mathilde knew about our project and showed a lot of interest, that's why she decided to pass by herself this time."

video:

http://www.vrtnieuws.net/nieuwsnet_master/default/magazine/overzicht/ROY_B_041225_mathilde/index.html

Last edited:
Yes, Filip's visit was a total surprise, it wasn't announced. But he only stayed for christmas evening, not longer!

I have a question: For Christmas I got a book about Europe´s royalty. Now I read that Mathilde hat a miscarriage in February 2001. Did anyone else also hear about it? It seems strange for me because elisabeth was born in October.How do you get to know these facts.I mean it was not announced by them but in the book it is presented as a fact.

liv said:
I have a question: For Christmas I got a book about Europe´s royalty. Now I read that Mathilde hat a miscarriage in February 2001. Did anyone else also hear about it? It seems strange for me because elisabeth was born in October.How do you get to know these facts.I mean it was not announced by them but in the book it is presented as a fact.
that was gossip, like each princess Mathilde should have 25 babies and 23 miscarriages. The press anounces a pregnancy and because it isn't true they anounce it was a miscarriage. I believe this was gossip from Luxemburg, it didn't really get any attention in the Belgian press.

Did you people saw the first video of the first photoshoot if Princess Elisabeth of BElgium ?

The royal family has christmas holidays, so time for some old pictures...

1&2. Philippe & Mathilde at an official visit to Paris
3&4. When Mathilde was engaged to Philippe
5,6,7. Joyeuses Entrées
8. Philippe proudly presenting the first stamps of him and his fiancée Mathilde.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 259
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 297
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 293
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 266
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 350
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 394
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 300
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 231
The new generation of European princessesare elegant, modern, charming and very into fashion.

Ofcourse, when you are a princess you have the opportunity to buy expensive clothes by famous designers, for the official duties your position brings you.

Therefor most princesses have a favorite designer. For Princess Maxima it''s the Belgium designer Edouard Vermeulen. He always makes sure that the princess of Holland is well dressed and makes sure that non of his DUTCH Clients will buy the same dress as the princess.

What he forgot is that sometimes Holland meet Belgium.

Attachments

• COLOUR10077259.jpg
    COLOUR10077259.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 275
  • COLOUR10077260.jpg
    COLOUR10077260.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 243
  • COLOUR10077261.jpg
    COLOUR10077261.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 235
  • COLOUR10077262.jpg
    COLOUR10077262.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 208
Cool. Thanks. The first time I went to the page it went to an index for the entire section so if it doesn´t appear at first, try again.

a few years ago, Philippe and Mathilde at Roland Garros

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 293
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 254
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 272
  • 06-sun.jpg
    06-sun.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 266
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 315
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 369
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 237
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 219
Prince Filip and princess Victoria of Sweden at the wedding of princess Alexia of Greece in London (summer 1999)

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 259
Does anyone know if Phillipe and/or Mathilde has any scheduled events coming up in the near future? I have missed them recently, although it seems many of the royals are keeping a low profile these days.

It are christmas holidays, the Belgian RF starts working again on 12th January.

Filip & Mathilde have a ballet performance scheduled for the 15th of this month. But it could be that there are other events earlier.

they are such a lovely couple. They are going to become a great king and queen someday.

a bit more about Mathilde's family's background:

Mathilde after her mother, countess Anna Maria is the 9th generation descendant of the prince Kazimierz Czartoryski /1674-1741/ and his wife Isabella Morsztyn /1671-1758/.
Isabella Morsztyn was a grand-granddaughter of Henrieta Stewart countess of Huntly a daughter of Esme Stewart, Duke of Lennox.

Their daughter, princess Konstancja/Constance Czartoryska - Poniatowska was a mother of the last king of Poland - Stanislaw August /1732-95, king 1764-95/ who was a lover of empress of Russia - Catherina II.
http://members.aol.com/reitwiesne/overflow/udekem.html

09th January 2004.

Philippe, Mathilde and Fabiola were present at the mass that celebrated the 25th anniversary of Godfried Danneels in his function as Belgian archbishop.
Members of the Belgian government (and the prime minister were also present).

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 1,780
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 662
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,757
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,860
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 699
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 704
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 669
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 668
With the rest of the Belgian royal family, Philippe and Mathilde will be present at the funeral of their aunt, grand duchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxemburg, on the 15th January.

The new year's receptions they were supposed to attend (Nato, Diplomatic corps, European Union) have been cancelled because of the mourning period wich lasts untill 21st January.

Philippe and Mathilde at the funeral of their aunt, grandduchess Joséphine-Charlotte of Luxemburg, née princess of Belgium.

another one...

Attachments

• fun0.jpg
    fun0.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 309
  • fun1.jpg
    fun1.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 234
  • 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 382
Last edited by a moderator: