Princess Stephanie Current Events 2 : Nov.2003 - Feb.2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Australian said:
Dont you think the Monegasque royals are more of celebrities than royalty?
Come to think of it i do believe this is true! Their lives have been more like Hollywood films!

hillary_nugent said:
Come to think of it i do believe this is true! Their lives have been more like Hollywood films!

there was even a hollywood film on princess grace wasnt there

Caricature of Princess Stephanie

Attachments

• stephanie.gif
    stephanie.gif
    19.4 KB · Views: 255
Stephanie vistis elderly people in Monaco for christmas.
Stephanie gives dogs to blind people in Monaco. Dec. 2004

Attachments

• 00503889_000003.jpg
    00503889_000003.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 00503889_000004.jpg
    00503889_000004.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 00503889_000008.jpg
    00503889_000008.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 00503904_000001.jpg
    00503904_000001.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 00503904_000010.jpg
    00503904_000010.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 483
Australian said:
Albert got interviewed with Larry King and all those celebrity talk shows, i dont think any other ryla from other royal families would allow it. Good on Monaco i say!
Actually I remember seeing Queen Noor being interviewed on Larry King and maybe even the Duchess of York Sarah Ferguson, but not sure on her. But Queen Noor of Jordan definitely did the interview because I remember just thinking how beautiful and classy she was.

michelle said:
Stephanie vistis elderly people in Monaco for christmas.
Stephanie gives dogs to blind people in Monaco. Dec. 2004
Thanks for the great pictures Michelle! Stephanie looks absolutely lovely. She always appears to be genuinely enjoying herself when doing work such as this, don't you think?

lea said:
Thanks for the great pictures Michelle! Stephanie looks absolutely lovely. She always appears to be genuinely enjoying herself when doing work such as this, don't you think?
Yeah, very much so. She takes these duties very seriously and she's quite into it. She really wants to help people and comfort them. She always says this. In one part of her interview in Oct. 2002 she says:

What do you think is the role of a princess today?

Stephanie: I'm not born with any kind of instruction for use. I don't know really. My role is to help people who need to be helped and I can do this due to my popularity.That means: not only in social matters but also to care about the very personal needs of these people. I care about and work with mentaly handicaped people. This comes straight from my heart. A lot of people just turn away if they come across a handicped person. These handicaped people are just rejected, seperated from society.even though they have a right to live like anyone else. I'm also involved in the work of the red cross in Monaco. We care about elderly people. We try to sensibleize as much people as pssible, we try to make them see the suffering and to care.
Not long ago someone told me: Your smile only is already a whole therapy! These people speak with their hearts. That there's someone like me caring about them is the least of things. It touches me as much as it touches you.

Stephanie wit one of the patiants in her home for mentaly handicaped people ( Centre Princesse Stéphanie - CAPS )

Attachments

• 1680634.jpg
    1680634.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
michelle said:
Yeah, very much so. She takes these duties very seriously and she's quite into it. She really wants to help people and comfort them. She always says this. In one part of her interview in Oct. 2002 she says:

What do you think is the role of a princess today?

Stephanie: I'm not born with any kind of instruction for use. I don't know really. My role is to help people who need to be helped and I can do this due to my popularity.That means: not only in social matters but also to care about the very personal needs of these people. I care about and work with mentaly handicaped people. This comes straight from my heart. A lot of people just turn away if they come across a handicped person. These handicaped people are just rejected, seperated from society.even though they have a right to live like anyone else. I'm also involved in the work of the red cross in Monaco. We care about elderly people. We try to sensibleize as much people as pssible, we try to make them see the suffering and to care.

Not long ago someone told me: Your smile only is already a whole therapy! These people speak with their hearts. That there's someone like me caring about them is the least of things. It touches me as much as it touches you.

Stephanie wit one of the patiants in her home for mentaly handicaped people ( Centre Princesse Stéphanie - CAPS )
WOW - now THAT is a great photo! It looks to me like Princess Stephanie is adding value to the lives of many. Thanks for sharing the interview!

Thank you Michelle for the post do you have a link? I would like to read the article for my own work.
These handicaped people are just rejected, seperated from society.even though they have a right to live like anyone else
She is very correct.

LadyMacAlpine said:
Thank you Michelle for the post do you have a link? I would like to read the article for my own work. She is very correct.
Well I have it from Bunte mag. Nr. 42 / 10.10.02

but the whole interview was in Hello', Hola and Paris Match as well.

This is an article about the interview:

Princess Stephanie: Mum was at the wheel during crash
October 10 2002

Princess Stephanie of Monaco has broken her silence about the road crash which killed her mother Princess Grace 20 years ago, according to the German weekly magazine Bunte.

She told the magazine in its latest edition that, contrary to rumours, it was her mother who was driving at the time and not herself, then aged 17.

On September 13, 1982, their car missed a turn on a twisting road high in the cliffs near Monaco and hurtled down a steep slope.

After initially reassuring reports, authorities announced the next day that the Oscar-winning Hollywood actress had died, sparking a heated debate about the circumstances.

Many questioned who had been at the wheel, but doctors reported that Grace had suffered a brain injury that caused her to momentarily lose her memory - and control of the car.

@media print {.nopr {display:none}} [size=-1]advertisement[/size] [size=-1]advertisement[/size]

Stephanie told Bunte, in a summary released in advance, that said she did all she could from the passenger seat to bring the car to a stop, pulling the handbrake and setting the automatic gear level to the "park" position.

"Did my mother mix up the accelerator with the brake pedal?" she asked. "I don't know."

Stephanie, who was badly injured in the crash, said she crawled out of the driver's side of the car because her own side was too damaged.

The princess, 37, said she was breaking her silence about the accident now in order to protect her three children, Louis, Pauline and Camille.

She said she had been victimised by the media which blamed her for the car accident.

"There was no reason for it. Guilty? No, because I have nothing to reproach myself for, except that I am still here and have survived."

"Give me the right to raise my children in peace and lead my own life," she urged.

Grace Kelly, born in the eastern US city of Philadelphia, married Monaco's Prince Rainier at a glittering 1956 ceremony, a year after she won an Academy Award for The Country Girl.

AFP

thats awful to ask her who was driving the day her mom died. not only will it not change what happen think of how she could be feeling talking about that day. it sounds so depressing

If I recall correctly, it was said that she had had a stroke and that was the cause of the accident.

Princess Stephanie gave her first interview after her divorce. In Ohla, December 04.
I think it's going to be in Hola, Hello and Bunte as well.

Here're two pictures: The mag cover and one pic from inside that mag:

Attachments

• Interview 04.JPG
    Interview 04.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 611
  • trop belle.JPG
    trop belle.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 283
Ennyllorac said:
If I recall correctly, it was said that she had had a stroke and that was the cause of the accident.
Well, it could be that she had a stroke. Apperentlyit was something like that. Something went wrong and they went off the street...the rest is just as horrible as you can imagine.
Poor Steph, being blamed for this. It was an accident. People sometimes have accidents. It was nobodyy fault. It just happend, trrible enough....

Steph's 40th b-day...soon to come

As Stephanie's heading towards her 40th ( can you believe that??? :) ) I thought I could do a little retrospective on her...with some pics:

Attachments

• 20_1_b.jpg
    20_1_b.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 644
  • stephaniemonaco75.jpg
    stephaniemonaco75.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 216
  • stephaniemonaco27.jpg
    stephaniemonaco27.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 232
  • monaco4.jpg
    monaco4.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 236
  • monaco3.jpg
    monaco3.jpg
    199.7 KB · Views: 455
  • kid.jpg
    kid.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 298
  • stephmonaco1970-2.jpg
    stephmonaco1970-2.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 572
  • stepgracecarobornbed.jpg
    stepgracecarobornbed.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 296
  • beach - time....Surfin' USA.jpg
    beach - time....Surfin' USA.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 535
  • stephaniemonaco102.jpg
    stephaniemonaco102.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 721
more of her...

Attachments

• stepmosaic.jpg
    stepmosaic.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 622
  • wakeboard.JPG
    wakeboard.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 5,927
  • une princesse.JPG
    une princesse.JPG
    16.1 KB · Views: 593
  • then smiling.JPG
    then smiling.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Steph sceptical.JPG
    Steph sceptical.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Steph Replay Café 1996.JPG
    Steph Replay Café 1996.JPG
    23.3 KB · Views: 746
  • Steph @ CF.JPG
    Steph @ CF.JPG
    22.7 KB · Views: 308
  • Steph 1996.JPG
    Steph 1996.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 350
  • Her Serene Highness Princess Stephanie of Monaco.jpg
    Her Serene Highness Princess Stephanie of Monaco.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 584
  • Steph's magic night.jpg
    Steph's magic night.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 576
Stephanie .... always been a soccer lover....and soooo crazy about her AS Monaco Fc super-boys ....

Attachments

• foot.JPG
    foot.JPG
    36.4 KB · Views: 323
  • en finale.JPG
    en finale.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 582
  • en finale2.JPG
    en finale2.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 284
  • 220808.jpg
    220808.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 274607.jpg
    274607.jpg
    169.5 KB · Views: 219
  • 274609.jpg
    274609.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 262
  • 286363.jpg
    286363.jpg
    153.5 KB · Views: 281
  • 286364.jpg
    286364.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 366
  • 286365.jpg
    286365.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 219
  • 286370.jpg
    286370.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 260
Ennyllorac said:
The only news we have is what the Palace has released ....

I'd say that if Steff were more open and forthright in dealing with this issue .... she wouldn't look so hard these a days, along the auspices of the "eyes being the mirror of the soul"

I really like the modeling pix of Stephanie. She was so good looking in them.

From http://www.geocities.com/monaco70s/grace.htm
On September 13, 1982 Princess Grace and Princess Stephanie were involved in a terrible car accident when their car careened off the winding roads of France leading to Monaco. They were travelling from Roc Agel to Monaco. Grace was driving. A driver who was behind them said that the car zigzaged and was driving at a speed of 110 km/h. Princess Stephanie was able to get out of the car when it finally stopped rolling but she suffered a few injuries. Princess Grace wasn't so lucky. Unfortunatly, she had suffered a very mild stroke which caused her to lose control of her vehicule. After the car had stopped rolling down the cliff, Grace was found unconscious. People that lived near the site of the accident rescued them and took them out of the vehicle. the ambulance came and took them to the hospital where Princess Grace was operated and was connected to oxygen tanks to keep her alive. Princess Caroline was in England and immediately went to Monaco. The next day, on September 14, 1982 Princess Grace of Monaco, Grace Kelly, had died. Prince Rainer gave the order to disconnect her from the tanks. Her body was was exposed at Monaco's Cathedral. Princess Diana went to the funeral. Princess Stephanie was at the hospital crying. The press unfairly said that she was a killer; that's not true.
The Palace is the spokes person for them. Unless it was stamped confidential the reports on the accident should have be open to the public once the investigation was completed. I sat here looking for photos to post for all to see what the car looked like after the accident. No way could Stephanie get out of the car on the passenger side. I came across another source that said there was a driver going in the opposite direction that saw Princess Grace behind the wheel. Another link to information http://news.bbc.co.uk/onthisday/low/dates/stories/september/14/newsid_2516000/2516601.stm. I want to ask all to please drop that topic of who was driving. Let Princess Grace rest in peace over it.

Last edited:
LadyMacAlpine said:
The Palace is the spokes person for them. Unless it was stamped confidential the reports on the accident should have be open to the public once the investigation was completed.
Anywhere else in the civilized world, I agree, but not the French.

I came across another source that said there was a driver going in the opposite direction that saw Princess Grace behind the wheel.
Another link to information
which goes to prove ... if I infer correctly, that there are many sides of the "alleged incident".

I want to ask all to please drop that topic of who was driving. Let Princess Grace rest in peace over it.
Princess Grace is indeed "resting in peace".

Its her daughter, who is yearning to rest (in peace) .... and yet, not then when she is counting the grassroots.

There is one version the truth its difficult to find peace when people refuse to accept it.

Maybe we can let Stephanie reply on this for herself for one time:

Question: ' People love you because you're honest and true. Do you think this could be the reason for some to folow you and that you become the carrier of the torch? '

Stephanie: ' I've always looked live and reality right into the face. This is part of my personality. I never lie....There is always hope. As a modern woman I live in my time...in the present time. I'm not a prisoner of any kind of protocol. This allows me to be engaged in things. what means to listen and to see what's happening all around me. Contrary to what some people think I'm not sitting in a tower of money far awy from reality. I know this reality and I share it with all of you. That's maybebecause people believe in me and help me.'

Question: ' It seems like the love of others made you stronger.Can ywe call that a new life a new orientation?'

Stephanie: ' Certainly, yes. As I'm heading toward my 40th I became a woman more mature. I'm not different from others. I've got my children and I enjoy lifes' every single moment. I lived what I had to live. Good things and bad things. All the experiences made me what I am and enforeced me. And what I do today I couldn't have been doing it ten years ago. There're always priorities... I 'm coming towards some age of a certain wisdom which allows me to put certain things into reality.'

Question: ' Because of your actions you're needed, you are of real use, you're resonsable...?

Stephanie: 'There are always some who just won't learn, who think that I'm of no use, that I only react out of sudden ideas without any following and constant action....
I'm not appealing to everyone like not everyone is appealing to me! This is part of human caracter and we can't do anything about it . I know who I am and and how much I mean....
Everything people always said or did against me slowed me down sometimes but it never broke my courage .

Extrait of the Interview with Denis Torato and Stephanie of Monaco, article in Ohla, Dec. 2004

Well, what I meant to show is that as you were taking about some depression in her eyes, her face , her life....There is none. She's fine obviously. That doesn't mean that has never been suffering from what happend. Yes she did. But what she wants to say is thst she is alright by now and that she nows what she needs and what she's needed for.
I don't see any indications that could mean that she's hiding something.
And for this, to quote her " I never lie", well I believe what she wants to say is that she's not lieing to herself or about important things. I wouldn't really doubt that she makes up a 'little-lie-when -I'm-in-trouble' .....

But before talking about this whole 'who-was-driving' mass, won't you just read what Stephanie herself has been saying about this day two years ago before judging. I think then this would be more fair and closer to any solution.

Exept that I feel like this discussion is meanwhile of no use anymore....it happend , t was a tragic accident, Steph , Caro and Albert lost their beloved mommy....but jsut be happy now tha they're fine all three of them with a bright future ahead.

Does anyone have any insight as to how her relationship is with Caroline now? Stephanie really seems to be calming down, and I would have thought that would have helped her relationship with her sister. But at National Day festivities, they seemed as far apart as ever, I didn't see any photos of them even talking. It seems like they are there for each other in crisis, which is good...but does anyone know day to day?

Thanks for the interview Michelle! Can't wait to read it :) Did it have any new Stephanie pics or was did it use pics from the photo sessions she did in 2003 for her Association?

monaco70s said:
Thanks for the interview Michelle! Can't wait to read it :) Did it have any new Stephanie pics or was did it use pics from the photo sessions she did in 2003 for her Association?
It used the old pics from the 2003 session. I posted the cover and one pic from the inside earlier in this threat.

Love....and merry christmas ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom