The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Courtier

I wouldn't be surprised if her name is and has remained Grimaldi. PA and his lawyers could be flat out lying (I'm not saying they are) to the press about her being "Rotolo" and not bearing the Grimaldi name because of course his toddler son Alexandre does not bear that name. Nothing I read as the official version of this story or anything PA has to say do I believe.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laviollette
I wouldn't be surprised if her name is and has remained Grimaldi. PA and his lawyers could be flat out lying (I'm not saying they are) to the press about her being "Rotolo" and not bearing the Grimaldi name because of course his toddler son Alexandre does not bear that name. Nothing I read as the official version of this story or anything PA has to say do I believe.
On the certificate I posted her name is clearly and legally Grimaldi.

Old 06-01-2006, 02:57 PM
Nobility

TR may have agreed to give up the Grimaldi last name in exchange for public recognition. It's very easy to change your last name in the states, married women do it every day.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Did Ms. Rotolo work in Palm Springs prior to the birth of her daughter? Or did she move there when she was pregnant?
Old 06-01-2006, 03:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
I suppose both parents are rotating in their graves
no kidding. but they knew Albert's propensities, and maybe they had it in mind that this would be the only circumstance that there would ever be any sort of acknowledgement of any out of wedlock child -- after they are gone.

wow.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:17 PM
Courtier

I dont see why Albert would deny his last name to his child. I cant understand it. This is a pretty difficult situation for him as he seemed to be forced to make it official just when there were no chance to keep it hidden. He recognized Alex first because of the pressures of his mom were for sure harder than Tamara's. Now he said it was the press that push him to recognize her now and not when she was older. I was asking myself, what is the reason he had for keeping hidden until she is 18?

In relation to his parents, i think his mother would have been a great help for him, maybe giving him some advices that seems he lacked. I can understand one child out of the wedlock but two...that looks like he didnt learn the lesson. We dont know Tamara so we dont know if she tricked him or not. He knows for sure what happened and who the fault was. Im just sure it is not Jazmin's
Old 06-01-2006, 03:19 PM
Nobility

There are bigger photos of Jazmin Grace going to school at brunopress.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:51 PM
Gentry

Finally!

Finally!
Now the world knows for sure, this is fantastic news for anyone that doubted the paternity and best of all for Jazmin.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ode
PA probably acted without thinking. When you are a man with so much popularity, you should be carreful. But, I think that Jazmin and Alexandre's mothers manipulated him. PA isn't the only one to blame. If they (Tamara Rotolo and Nicole Coste) didn't use contraception, they knew that they could be pregnant.
It's easy to blame PA, because he is not perfect. But, mothers are guilty too. They knew that their baby will never be with their father.

I would like to know if mothers decided to have their baby (knowing the situation) because they could be famous, because their child could be famous, because they really want to have a baby (even if the child will not see their father), etc.

It's my personal way of life, but if I was pregnant and if the father was a non serious affair, I did not want to have the baby.
I totally agree with you... They manipulated the Prince Albert II... so they also are responsible for that.
Old 06-01-2006, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

It is so bad that papparazzi don't live poor Jazmin alone. :( I think that Tamara and first of all P Albert should do everything to protect her privacy. I hope that she will have normal youthhood.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by le_ptit_diablotin
I totally agree with you... They manipulated the Prince Albert II... so they also are responsible for that.
Well, I happen to disagree. I would have my baby anyway, because it would be my baby. The child isn't guilty of anything.
I don't agree with the way both women handled the situation but I don't agree with the idea that they gave birth to their children to manipulate. Maybe they felt a little safer then most single-mothers do because they knew the father of their child is a very wealthy man and can support them. But to give birth to a child just to manipulate their father? that's a bit far-fetched, imo.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 06-01-2006, 04:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Well, while they would probably never admit it, there may be an element of manipulation there. I mean, what better way to insert yourself into the life (or at least the wallet) of a high-profile rich man than to produce a child in this day and age of DNA testing?

We don't know their motives, of course, but it isn't beyond the realms of possibility that they became pregnant in order to keep their ties to the prince in some way.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:15 PM
Courtier

This situation is difficult to generalize because Albert isn't like the average Joe with a child from a relationship that didn't last. When you're a prince with millions of dollars on you, you have to be suspicious of claimants of paternity. From the articles I read, the matter was resolved just weeks ago, meaning he probably had a DNA test done recently. He probably truly doubted that Jasmin was his seing the circumstances (alleged, anyway) under which she was concieved.
Old 06-01-2006, 04:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Elspeth, I concur with you.

Let's see what happens within the next few weeks & months, it will be very interesting to see how this all unfolds. Will this fade into the background slightly like Nicole and litte Alexandre or will it dominate within the press for months to come? Who knows.

Great discussion so far. Brilliant!:)
Old 06-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
This situation is difficult to generalize because Albert isn't like the average Joe with a child from a relationship that didn't last. When you're a prince with millions of dollars on you, you have to be suspicious of claimants of paternity. From the articles I read, the matter was resolved just weeks ago, meaning he probably had a DNA test done recently. He probably truly doubted that Jasmin was his seing the circumstances (alleged, anyway) under which she was concieved.
It makes sense for me. P Albert seemed to fully believe that Jazmin was not his child. I also concluded from the recent articles that a paternity test was done just a few months ago.
One thing about Jazmin's conception circumstances surprises me. Tamara was married when she met Albert. She might still had sex with her hubby, b/c they come together to MC. Less than 4 weeks after after having affair with PA she contaced him again telling about pregnancy.She realised quite early she was pregnant. maybe I am creating conspiracy teory be it seemed she was checking /making sure if she was pregnant almost immidiatly after her brief liazon with PA ended. Tamara claimed on the beginning that she was separated in time she met PA and traveled w/girlfried. maybe she had other reasons to lie about her marital status just to pretend the pregnancy was accidental and PA was the only man she slept in that time. Also I find it hard to believe that a man like PA didn't use a protection with a woman he just met. (I head/read the court cases of women who got pregnant while retrieving a sperm from a used condom and impregnant themself so nothing would surprise me ) But again it just speculation. I hope it will not be deleted. I just try to understand why PA deleyed with DNA test with that child. Maybe it sounds crazy but I had similar suspicions in case of little Alex conception.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:18 PM
Serene Highness

Men need to be held responsible for the fact that every time they have sex, it's a possibility that a child will result. I don't care if TR and NC were manipulative and planned to trap him. Every time a man has sex he knows that it's a possibility.

I don't agree that it is the fault of the woman and if she gets pregnant and the father doesn't want the baby then it's too bad for her. That's ourageous! And I am apalled that woman in this day and age feel that way. PA is a grown man and should have known better. If the mother wants the baby no matter the reason--personal, religious, moral, financial--then the dad has to simply deal with it. When he slept with those women he was playing roulette.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-01-2006, 05:21 PM
Serene Highness

I was reading in Hello! that he knew all along she was his daughter. He was trying to protect her privacy but the media became to unbearable for her and so he admitted it. who knows?
Old 06-01-2006, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Kelly, that was known, and now fact, by many of us years ago. It is only now that the press is finding this out.

Maybe the press should start reading these royal boards for correct information, etc. instead of making half of it up.
Old 06-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Commoner

Whilst it's easy to judge Prince Albert and the two mothers of his children, no one actually knows what happened between them. The most important person in all this is Jazmin Grace who never asked to be in this situation, and who after all is just a child. Imagine how she is going to feel in a couple of years time when she is old enough to understand what happened between her parents and why they aren't together, and she finds newspapers, magazines and even internet forums discussing how irresonsible her father is and how her mother is a manipulator.

Old 06-01-2006, 05:34 PM
Serene Highness

So sad but I am daring to say that it is a price to pay for being in a situation that it isn't her fault at all as you say English Rose.