Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 3 : June 2006 - Jan.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakshmi said:
It is so bad that papparazzi don't live poor Jazmin alone. :( I think that Tamara and first of all P Albert should do everything to protect her privacy. I hope that she will have normal youthhood.

I don't think that her mother will do everything to protect her from the press. She called the poor girl Grace Grimaldi - to me that says everything about her. Someone who really wants only the best for the girl would pray every day that the identity of her father will never be public. sorry, that's what I'm thinking!

Jackswife said:
I'm expecting an engagement announcement any day now:rolleyes: . I think PA needs something to elevate himself above all these past indiscretions and a wedding would probably be a good PR move right now. I agree that Grace and Rainier would probably be appalled at these events (although PR may have known of these children before his passing). Grace I'm sure had she lived, would have been pretty shocked.

I have to slightly disagree with you.

An announcement, if his love for Charlene is serious enough for marriage, may not come until later in the year. If PA chooses to make an announcement that serious to distract people from the recent news, he isn't as smart as I thought he was. If he has intelligent PR advisors who sincerely have PA best interest in mind, they shouldn't let him make such an statement.

The whole Charlene ordeal should be put on the backburner for now. Let things settle in Monaco before a new media storm blows through the country. People, including all of us royal watchers and Mods., need a break from all this.:p

Last edited:
On another note, this acknowledgement has to be a huge relief for Albert. I just wished he had acknowledged Jazmin when he acknowledged Alexandre. In the long run, it would have been much easier. Now, people are going to expect other children to come out of the woodwork every year. Yes, people are going to talk and he will get publicly flogged, but after 14 years it must have impacted him mentally. Perhaps this hanging over his head has affected his marital situation. Tamara was bold when she showed up at an event and shoved Jazmin in his face. This act probably made him provide financially support just to quiet her (which she was until Alexandre came out). Imagine if she would have done this again during any marriage preparation time.

I want to say we might see a new Albert. But then, let's not forget in 2001 he picked Charlene out of a crowd one day and she spent the night with him (returning to her hotel at 5 am in the morning). So we know at least in 2001 he still had a penchant for picking up strangers and taking them home (and Nicole said she was involved with him from 1997 to 2002).

Unless he and Charlene are planning a wedding, there's still the possibility that he could have another out-of-wedlock child if he is not wearing a condom with her (instead on relying on the woman's contraceptive). One really doesn't know with Albert.

MyAdia-some excellent points. Honorably,money-wise,he h as been. But I feel disappointed with Prince Albert holding out and waiting so long. I think that's a bunch of xxxx as said by LeCoste. Prince Albert has taken advantage of his royal priviliges, his appeal with crazy women. He somehow, has put himself above the law of man and morality. He has blatantly disrespected the laws of procreation and reproduction-blatantly. Otherwise, he would have used protection in his postion.

What I think, now he wants R-e-sp-e-c-t for his family. He wants wholesomeness for his family. Look at all the damage thats been committed "just for a thrill"

HRH Kimetha said:
What does this Tamara and daughter look like and where do they live? Are they also black and from Africa?

If you look back at parts I and II of the Jazmin thread (a link to part II can be found in the first post of this thread), you'll see photos of them.

I am sorry..the only people that I feel for are the children (Jazmin and Alexandre). Prince Albert is a disgrace. Its one thing to have one illegimate child but to have TWO and have it come out in teh same way.And has he learned ANYTHING...Jazmin is like 14...hasn't he ever heard of a condom! If he had acknowledged them at birth and made arrangements with the mother I am sure we would have not the media circus that we have today.

In regards to the women, yes they (from what I know) appear to be scheming. Having unprotected (we assume) sex with a rich man...but guess what...they didn't have sex by themselves. As another member said..when you have unprotected sex, you are playing Russian roulette with possible sexually transmitted diseases and children.

And Ihaven't been following the Alexandre/Nicole thing too closely..but is the child truly forbidden from coming to Monaco? And in regards to Jazmin's lastname, her mother could have put anything on her certificate and it could stand as her last name. Also, does Albert have American citizenship as the son of an American mother?

Zonk1189 said:
I am sorry..the only people that I feel for are the children (Jazmin and Alexandre). Prince Albert is a disgrace. Its one thing to have one illegimate child but to have TWO and have it come out in teh same way.And has he learned ANYTHING...Jazmin is like 14...hasn't he ever heard of a condom! If he had acknowledged them at birth and made arrangements with the mother I am sure we would have not the media circus that we have today.

In regards to the women, yes they (from what I know) appear to be scheming. Having unprotected (we assume) sex with a rich man...but guess what...they didn't have sex by themselves. As another member said..when you have unprotected sex, you are playing Russian roulette with possible sexually transmitted diseases and children.

And Ihaven't been following the Alexandre/Nicole thing too closely..but is the child truly forbidden from coming to Monaco? And in regards to Jazmin's lastname, her mother could have put anything on her certificate and it could stand as her last name. Also, does Albert have American citizenship as the son of an American mother?

i believe they all gave up their american passports back in the 60s because of taxes or something like that. he could claim it again, but why would he?

I only asked about his American citizenship because its been suggested that Jazmin couldn't use Grimaldi as her last name and I guess I am wondering...if she is an American citizen and he is not...how can he stop her? I guess its different for Alexandre cause he lives in France.

Neat2912 said:
MyAdia-some excellent points. Honorably,money-wise,he h as been. But I feel disappointed with Prince Albert holding out and waiting so long. I think that's a bunch of xxxx as said by LeCoste. Prince Albert has taken advantage of his royal priviliges, his appeal with crazy women. He somehow, has put himself above the law of man and morality. He has blatantly disrespected the laws of procreation and reproduction-blatantly. Otherwise, he would have used protection in his postion.

What I think, now he wants R-e-sp-e-c-t for his family. He wants wholesomeness for his family. Look at all the damage thats been committed "just for a thrill"

I agree with you, Neat2912. He'd better get all of his children out in the open. One more and he is a laughingstock (if not already). I would like to know when this "parade of horribles" will stop...you know, the kind of parade where each float is increasingly worse than the previous one (and I am not referring to the children--only PA's conduct).

I think the only "float" left is the wedding. I feel sorry for the Monegasque people--what an embarassment. :eek:

English Rose said:
Whilst it's easy to judge Prince Albert and the two mothers of his children, no one actually knows what happened between them. The most important person in all this is Jazmin Grace who never asked to be in this situation, and who after all is just a child. Imagine how she is going to feel in a couple of years time when she is old enough to understand what happened between her parents and why they aren't together, and she finds newspapers, magazines and even internet forums discussing how irresonsible her father is and how her mother is a manipulator.

I agree completely.

While I certainly do not condone not having acknowledged this girl for so long, it is very reasonable to expect that Albert, having lived as hereditary prince until just last year, and just taking over as Reigning Prince last year, could not make any such acknowledgements until after the death of Ranier. Ranier was the one who quite likely controlled any and all such actions (not Alberts personal actions). Albert would have needed to have Ranier's permission for just about anything he did. Now that Ranier is no longer there, Albert has the freedom to clear the air on these things and to do as he wishes, and it seems he is doing just that.

The man lives in a world quite different from that of the every day person in terms of the actual rules he has had to live under. That is not to make an excuse for anything done by either parent, all the adults have been irresponsible.

sesa said:
Well for what it's worth, I'm glad that the truth is out. Everyone deserves the truth. But as I said before, I feel incredibly bad for Jazmin. Before she found out the truth, she had a mother and an unknown father, but she had a life.

Now she has a mother who had a one night stand with a prince. No matter how much you try and deny it, there is a certain stigma attached to it (promiscuous). She was married at the time (adultery).
As for her father, and I use that term lightly, she has one now. One that has denied her for 14 years. Now he "might" allow her into his family, and an unknown world, in a unknown country, and he "might" not. This has to hurt. Also the fact that her mother has literally "forced" him into acknowleding her has to hurt. He did not do it of his own accord. also, knowing that you were conceived out of a one night stand, and not a loving caring relationship would hurt a lot.
And now she has no life. Her friends will look at her differently. Her mothers friends will look at "them" differently. She will be hounded by the press for God knows how long. What kind of life is that for a vunerable teenager? Her world has been turned upside down thru no fault of her own. Because of her parents indiscretions, her life is no longer her own. And I'll bet you $5 that no one asked her if she wanted all this to happen. Of course this is my own opinion, but my heart has broken on behalf of this young lady. She is being used as a pawn. But, at least she knows for sure, the truth now, and she will probably never have to worry about $, which is good.
Well, the press/paprazzis will follow her around now for the rest of her life. I've seen reports that the mother was very excited about the then prospect that her daughter belonged to Albert, because of the 'royalty' piece. So now the girl has to experience being followed everywhere she goes, no more privacy for her and having her freedom taken away, she will be subject to all the criticism and scrutiny of strangers, for everything from her clothes to who she goes around with. She cannot even enjoy going to school in peace.

Oh well, I hope she enjoyed it while she had it, because no more for her. As the saying goes, 'you never miss the water until the well runs dry'. I wonder how much peace and freedom is going for these days?

I know this link from Channel 10 News has been posted before but here are a few important excerpts that might answer some questions:

Jazmin's Name: "Lacoste said Jazmin was welcome in Monaco but cannot take the throne, and the royal family does not recognize her use of the Grimaldi name."

Her Mother: "The French media reported that Tamara Rotolo is a former waitress. But she apparently now works in real estate. State records show that a Tamara Jean Rotolo is a salesperson at a realty in Palm Desert."

Albert's support: "In the San Francisco suburb of Fremont, Rotolo's father, Sam Rotolo, 75, said the family has known since Jazmin was born that she was the prince's child. He said that Albert has provided financial support."

Jazmin the student: "Tidbits about Jazmin's life had already made the local paper five times in the years before she became a celebrity. The Desert Sun of Palm Springs reported she was a soloist in the school choir that performed with Barry Manilow. She was also an honor student, science fair winner and student of the month."

Where she lives--Palm Desert, Calif.: "This desert oasis that has long been home to presidents and movie stars now has a touch of royalty...The area, which includes the towns of Palm Springs, Indian Wells and Rancho Mirage, has long been a playground or retirement area for the rich and heads of state, including former Presidents Eisenhower, Ford and Reagan. Frank Sinatra, Bob Hope and other stars used to golf or party in the area."

source: http://www.10news.com/entertainment/9307052/detail.html

Lillia said:
Oh well, I hope she enjoyed it while she had it, because no more for her. As the saying goes, 'you never miss the water until the well runs dry'. I wonder how much peace and freedom is going for these days?
Well maybe the "excitement" & interest will wane a little bit in the coming weeks & she could have some sense of a normal life.

Qsophy said:
I agree with you, Neat2912. He'd better get all of his children out in the open. One more and he is a laughingstock (if not already). I would like to know when this "parade of horribles" will stop...you know, the kind of parade where each float is increasingly worse than the previous one (and I am not referring to the children--only PA's conduct).

I think the only "float" left is the wedding. I feel sorry for the Monegasque people--what an embarassment.
:eek:

And I fear a union with CW will be the grand finale!

I don't have much to add accept that I'm glad that for whatever reason Prince Albert has finally publically claimed his teenage daughter Jazmin Grace. Him claiming his son and daughter was the proper thing to do.

Well she made the news in america today they mentioned and showed some pics of her (Face blurred out) today on E! ,ET and a bunch of other shows E! news refered to her as America's Princess . She had a normal life now she will have a very public one .

Only a few minutes ago I heard on my own local news about her (she is a fellow Californian after all). It all makes me wonder how she feels about all of this. I mean she's probably still in school and the sudden announcements on the major news channels have put all this out there and all of her classmates know all of this now...

grim_lady said:
Only a few minutes ago I heard on my own local news about her (she is a fellow Californian after all). It all makes me wonder how she feels about all of this. I mean she's probably still in school and the sudden announcements on the major news channels have put all this out there and all of her classmates know all of this now...

Maybe her school sent out a note the day before forewarning that some "news" would be coming out about a fellow student- to prepare everyone.

RADKER18 said:
Well she made the news in america today they mentioned and showed some pics of her (Face blurred out) today on E! ,ET and a bunch of other shows E! news refered to her as America's Princess . She had a normal life now she will have a very public one .

Sorry. Check your tivo. E! News did not refer to her as America's Princess. I work in the biz and watched the satellite feeds and logged the shows today. I saw them before they hit air and saw after they hit air. It clearly was not E!. ;) But I know other outlets did. Sorry, but I'm all about the accuracy thing!

Last edited:
Elspeth said:
If you look back at parts I and II of the Jazmin thread (a link to part II can be found in the first post of this thread), you'll see photos of them.

I was curious, too about what Jazmin looked like. Here is a few posts with pictures I found:

Jazmin and Tamara
Jazmin

In reading this thread after not having really followed the situation at all, it strikes me that so many people lay sole or majority of the blame to Tamara and Nicole for their children with Albert. I think that there's no point in pointing fingers about who is responsible for the existence of these two children and whether contraception was used or if one should know/realize that pregnancies do occur even if you do take the proper precautions. The fact is that both of these children exist (Jazmin and Alexandre) and the focus should be on how to protect these children from the media who will no doubt hound them due to the circumstances surrounding their birth and the royal status of their father. The actions are in the past and no one can turn back time and take back those two nights or those relationships. The focus should be on the well being of the children and ensuring that they know they are loved and protect them from feeling like pariahs because of all the gossip and speculation on the tabloid covers and media sources.

By the same token, I think Albert needs to be held accountable for his actions. That he's been supporting Jazmin via child support for some time, even without DNA testing to prove that she was his daughter to me implies that in his mind it was a possibility (even a small one) and that he was helping to take care of her. He is no longer in his father's shadow and is the head of Monaco. He needs to set an example for his people: Acknowledge his past actions and take responsibility for them in the present. I would find it much easier to respect him if he just owed up to his indiscretions, rather than repeatedly deny them only to have the truth revealed years later. Everyone makes mistakes, big and small, but it's how you handle those mistakes and the lessons you learn from them that determine the kind of person you are and whether you have integrity or strength of character.

Could anyone tell me what happened to Grimaldi children? I know Princess Caroline has bad luck with fate regarding her childrens father, but the other two don't seem to be able to keep their pants on. Princess Stephanie has always, in my opinion, been a laughing stock but I didn't realize Albert was so bad. If I lived in Monoco I think I would be embrassed by the royal family. I wonder what the people think?

I need to express my happiness for JG. Even though its not news to her. She certainly has known all of her life. But to get the whole world to hear her father say she's his. How wonderful that is. But, we need to understand you can exist, look at her, without the ADMISSION. No admiration for him here, he could have done better back in l991 or 2 and not put her on hold. Like an honorable man. I just hope she and Alex get to know each other. To me, her 2 year old pix looks like Alex's on the beach.

The press has always been so busy following the adventures of Stephanie and Caroline to pay real interest to the best story coming out of Monaco: Prince Albert's secret life.

Yes, they are one sorry group but when I compare them to the Windsors' I think they even out pretty good. The Windsors keep their scandals private until the lid explodes like an atomic bomb. With the Grimaldis, every day scandal is served to the public as it comes out, like fresh bread.

RADKER18 said:
In a famous (or notorious) court case that was televised in the USA, the O.J. Simpsom trial , the presiding court judge said a famous quote:
"Be careful what you wish for, you might get it"

Well, Tamara wanted recognition and she got it. And now that teenage girl is not going to have a day of rest in her life with her new title, American Princess. By the way, she is not a princess of Monaco no matter how much the tabloids insists in naming her that today or in the years to come. From today on there will be paparazzis following the girl's every move. Not to mention friends and relatives trying to get money out of her since her daddy is rich.
My suggestion for a solution is Albert taking her away, accompained by her half brother Alexandre, to be protected somewhere else. Now that her life will become a public spectacle her mother should be really concerned about possible kidnappings like the one Princess Anne of Britain had back in the 70's.

starnightsky said:
I wonder what Princess Grace would think of this if she were alive today. Since she didn't approve of Caroline and Philippe Junot's actions when they were dating, I truly wonder what she would think about Albert's actions?:confused:

If HSH the late Princess Grace were still alive today, I believe she would be very dissapointed with many choices Albert has made. But, she isn't so I guess it does'nt matter.

I feel for this young lady who's world has now been publically turned upside down. Then again, there was probably no other way given the fact her father is the reigning Sovereign Prince of the world's smallest monarchial state.

"MII"

Last edited:
Margrethe II said:
If HSH the late Princess Grace were still alive today, I believe she would be very dissapointed with many choices Albert has made. But, she isn't so I guess it does'nt matter.

"MII"

I could make a bad joke about that but out of respect for Princess Grace tragic death I won't.
She was very traditional and family oriented as her Grace of Monaco persona that replaced her Grace of Hollywood character. I think she would be really mortified on what Albert has done with his life and the way he brought kids to this world.

Toledo said:
My suggestion for a solution is Albert taking her away, accompained by her half brother Alexandre, to be protected somewhere else. Now that her life will become a public spectacle her mother should be really concerned about possible kidnappings like the one Princess Anne of Britain had back in the 70's.

I see what you mean Toledo, but I dont see that as a solution. That would only add fuel to an already blazing fire. Keeping the children hidden from view & secluded from reality would be such a horrible way to live, just look at Michael Jackson's children :eek: being kept out of the public eye would only stir HUGE public interest and the intrusiveness of the paparazzi would only become more intense. We all know what lengths some go to to get that "perfect" photo.

I'm certain that efficient security measures would now be put in place for young Jazmin, as I am sure they already are for Alexandre.

"MII"

Last edited:
No matter what you might say about Albert's sense of duty, he certainly has done the right thing by his two children and their mothers.

The Grimaldis have always been rather scandalous and out of wedlock children are certainly nothing new for them.

I'm sure the children will be well looked after and be welcomed by Caroline and Stephanie.

branchg said:
No matter what you might say about Albert's sense of duty, he certainly has done the right thing by his two children and their mothers.

Its only taken him, how long though?

No matter what anyone may say, his actions thus far have been quite inexcusable and it would seem that HSH has only grown a conscience of late.

For a man of his position, it truely is not good enough.

But, better late than never & I'm happy that all involved can now move forward having reached some sort of common ground & recognition.

"MII"

Last edited:
Jazmin from Polfoto

Attachments

• ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 384
  • ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    ImageHandlerServlet.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 412
whoa!

i've never seen a picture of her before... thanks.

is that her school uniform or something? i thought photographers weren't allowed around her school.

all i can say is that this is straight out of a soap opera. just crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom