Jazmin Grace Grimaldi Current Events 3 : June 2006 - Jan.2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping that PA does actually have great plans, I mean he seemed to be a natural around the Casiraghi Trio when they were younger. I think he'll be a great father to Jazmin, now that he's admitted that he's her father of course! But one thing, imo, I do hope that Jazmin stays in the States for as long as possible. Sure, if she did move to live and study in Monaco she would be closer to her father, but would have less privacy. I believe staying in the US would be the best because there isin't as much hype here as there is in Monaco or Europe for that matter. Well, whatever she and her mother decide, I hope Jazmin comes out of this well. I've got my fingers crossed for the girl...

Ani

Funny thing...

no matter how many times it's been stated that the succession laws in Monaco have laid out clearly how the matter is to be handled regarding who is in line behind Albert to run Monaco, it still seems to re-incarnate as an unsettled issue here....

:p :confused: ;) :p

Last edited:
Qsophy said:
Probably true. But don't forget, HSH Princess Angela was an American woman who became a princess. One of your earlier posts said that America loves princess stories...

So why not this one?

Besides, was America talking about Monaco before Grace married Ranier?

Angela is American I thought she was from a Caribbean (sp?) island? you must mean she is American in the sense that she is from a place in Central America, "the Americas" or New World? I read about Angela not very long ago. I don't think you mean she is from the US because I don't remember that, but I am human, so I could be remembering incorrectly.:confused:

CasiraghiTrio said:
Angela is American I thought she was from a Caribbean (sp?) island? you must mean she is American in the sense that she is from a place in Central America, "the Americas" or New World? I read about Angela not very long ago. I don't think you mean she is from the US because I don't remember that, but I am human, so I could be remembering incorrectly.:confused:

You can't be blamed for not knowing this...as I said, the U.S. media didn't cover it! She was born in Panama, but came to the United States at a young age and was raised in New York. Here's an excerpt and a link: http://www.nettyroyal.nl/maximilian.html

"The bride, Miss Angela Brown, was born as a daughter of Mr. Javier Francisco Brown and Mrs. Silvia Maritza Brown, née Burke, in Bocas del Toro / Panama. After having finished primary school and the Highschool in New York Miss Brown studied Fashion at Parson’s School of Design, where she was awarded the Oscar de la Renta Prize..."

Ok, sorry mods. I'll get back to the topic.

Qsophy said:
You can't be blamed for not knowing this...as I said, the U.S. media didn't cover it! She was born in Panama, but came to the United States at a young age and was raised in New York. Here's an excerpt and a link: http://www.nettyroyal.nl/maximilian.html

"The bride, Miss Angela Brown, was born as a daughter of Mr. Javier Francisco Brown and Mrs. Silvia Maritza Brown, née Burke, in Bocas del Toro / Panama. After having finished primary school and the Highschool in New York Miss Brown studied Fashion at Parson’s School of Design, where she was awarded the Oscar de la Renta Prize..."

Ok, sorry mods. I'll get back to the topic.

yeah, we better get back on topic, but that is interesting about Angela, so thank you. I bet there was a passing reference to Angela and Max's marriage in PEOPLE magazine when it occurred, but the vast majority of Americans (citizens and inhabitants of the United States) do not know about or care about Liechtenstein's royalty; most of the US inhabitants surely don't even know there is a country called Liechtenstein! So the "news" bit in PEOPLE just went unnoticed, and since the media track responses like that, to see what will sell in the future, they let it go and never thought of it again.
But Monaco has had a special place of interest for Americans since the Grace and Rainier union. And of course, the fact that the Grimaldis are a beautiful, wealthy, and white family does not hurt.

Last edited:
CasiraghiTrio said:
yeah, we better get back on topic, but that is interesting about Angela, so thank you. I bet there was a passing reference to Angela and Max's marriage in PEOPLE magazine when it occurred, but the vast majority of Americans (citizens and inhabitants of the United States) do not know about or care about Liechtenstein's royalty; most of the US inhabitants surely don't even know there is a country called Liechtenstein! So the "news" bit in PEOPLE just went unnoticed, and since the media track responses like that, to see what will sell in the future, they let it go and never thought of it again.
But Monaco has had a special place of interest for Americans since the Grace and Rainier union. And of course, the fact that the Grimaldis are a beautiful, wealthy, and white family does not hurt.

Maybe, but I saw nothing in any U.S. media. If HSH Princess Angela was of European descent, they would have been calling her another Princess Grace. And they would have discussed the similarities--both small countries, relatively unknown in to the U.S., the whole princess fairy-tale bit.

Grace is the reason that the U.S. became interested in Monaco. The same should have applied to Lichenstein, but it wasn't the kind of fairy tale that the US was interested in.

Ok mods, that's my last post on this. Sorry!

CasiraghiTrio said:
...But Monaco has had a special place of interest for Americans since the Grace and Rainier union. And of course, the fact that the Grimaldis are a beautiful, wealthy, and white family does not hurt.
Actually there is not much interest at all in the U.S. about Monaco's Princely Family especially now since the death of Prince Rainier. Sure, when there's a scandal or some notable event there is coverage but Americans who follow royalty are fascinated and even obsessed with the British Royals. It could be because they're english-speaking and their history is tied to ours in a more significant way.

All of the cameras that were staked out at Jazmin's school a couple of weeks ago have gone. There is no buzz about her really. U.S. royal watchers are waiting for Prince William to get married!

I thought (?) hoped you folks would consider the race topic over after having been pulled out of the closet, dusted off, shaken around, hung out on the line. (Bravo to you LaViolette) And put back. You might just as well. Its beginning to really make my pretty mocha lait baby look/seem ugly. Thanks. Not really ugly, but its boring now anyway.

Lillia said:
Funny thing...

no matter how many times it's been stated that the succession laws in Monaco have laid out clearly how the matter is to be handled regarding who is in line behind Albert to run Monaco, it still seems to re-incarnate as an unsettled issue here....

:p :confused: ;) :p

This is because there are those who fail to realize that PA has the power to do as he pleases, when he pleases, with the stroke of a pen -- he is a Monarch -- an Absolute Ruler.

Laviollette said:
All of the cameras that were staked out at Jazmin's school a couple of weeks ago have gone. There is no buzz about her really.

School's out. 115 in desert, people who can leave, do.

Laviollette said:
All of the cameras that were staked out at Jazmin's school a couple of weeks ago have gone. There is no buzz about her really. U.S. royal watchers are waiting for Prince William to get married!
Schools out for the summer Tamara's ex-husbands Tabloid photographer friends have to chase her on vacation. Perhaps not since Mom is freely giving them photo's.

TrustWorthy said:
This is because there are those who fail to realize that PA has the power to do as he pleases, when he pleases, with the stroke of a pen -- he is a Monarch -- an Absolute Ruler.

Not exactly as he pleases, but almost.
Please, please, please I've been asking for days: what exactly makes you believe that Albert wants to change a Constitution that has been changed just a few years ago??? If you give, not really evidence, but at least a clue, a hint of his intentions I'll be glad to change my mind, but at the moment I think both Albert and Jazmin should be much more interesting in creating a father/daughter bond than in thrones and successions (and as someone pointed out, Al doesn't seem so eager to finally act like e real father...)
I'm not kidding, I'm really interested, so if you have any news, let us know (BTW, if Albert changed the Constitution, ALex would be first in line, not Jazmin).
I'm waiting for an answer...

Last edited:
I dont think Albert is willing to change the constitution any time soon. It is probably easier for him to start a family and give a heir, he just dont need to secure a heir as Caroline is there and her children. The only reason I can see for him to decide to do that is that he would like to benefit one of his children (JG or AC) or both of them as the other one will be next heir to the throne if that happens. But he doesnt seem to be involved with them to the point of changing everything. His relationship with Caroline or with the casiraghi's will certainly play a role on that decision but so far, I think he has been a great uncle and they seem very nice and united family.

Last edited:
TrustWorthy said:
School's out. 115 in desert, people who can leave, do.
The point is that there is not a throng of papparazzi trailing her every move whether at home or wherever she is. There is more interest in Diana's sons and their girlfriends in the states than this girl. It's that simple. It doesn't mean that there is no interest but please stop trying to make her the next Princess Di or Princess Grace. She's not all that and neither is her mother.

Laviollette said:
The point is that there is not a throng of papparazzi trailing her every move whether at home or wherever she is. There is more interest in Diana's sons and their girlfriends in the states than this girl. It's that simple. It doesn't mean that there is no interest but please stop trying to make her the next Princess Di or Princess Grace. She's not all that and neither is her mother.

Bravo!! Finally somebody is making sense. Thank You Laviollette, I agree with you 100%.

donatella said:
Bravo!! Finally somebody is making sense. Thank You Laviollette, I agree with you 100%.

And that is a great thing for her, having all that press attention can be very bad, we can remember princess Di's experience was very negative, princess Grace had also lots of attention, but im pretty sure she would have prefered to have less attention, specially more privacy for her children.

Ariel said:
And that is a great thing for her, having all that press attention can be very bad, we can remember princess Di's experience was very negative, princess Grace had also lots of attention, but im pretty sure she would have prefered to have less attention, specially more privacy for her children.

I agree with the privacy for the child but if you notice the photo posted from point de vue of what they say is Jazmin's graduation, TR seems happy to smile for photo and there was a lot written about photographers being there so I am not so sure TR is thinking of what is best for the child, I think she will be in competition for attention with NC.

Last edited:
Ariel said:

Bravo!! Finally somebody is making sense. Thank You Laviollette AND Donatella, I agree with you 100%.

Ariel said:
I dont think Albert is willing to change the constitution any time soon. It is probably easier for him to start a family and give a heir, he just dont need to secure a heir as Caroline is there and her children. The only reason I can see for him to decide to do that is that he would like to benefit one of his children (JG or AC) or both of them as the other one will be next heir to the throne if that happens. But he doesnt seem to be involved with them to the point of changing everything. His relationship with Caroline or with the casiraghi's will certainly play a role on that decision but so far, I think he has been a great uncle and they seem very nice and united family.

I agree 100%. Why does everybody think he is willing to change the constitution to put one of these kids on the throne? Why would the council agree to it? They would stress that constitutional changes are for the best benefit of Monaco not one child. I think if PA has no legit kids, Caroline and her son would be better suited/prepared to serve Monaco.

I think that people are wondering because Rainier's grandfather legitimized Rainier's mother so that he would have an heir. Personally, if JGG maintains her apparent work ethic, etc., I don't think that she would be a bad choice. JGG seems to be quite the achiever. And, as much as we love the Trio, I think JGG seems perhaps a little better grounded. But none of this will we know for years to come. One never knows. Perhaps PA is grooming her for something bigger. I would not discount it, nor get particularly upset about it.

For me, If Albert makes the changes to let his daughter or son to reign, that is fine, it is his option as he is a monarch and a father. But it is pretty early to say this, specially when his lawyer so categoricaly denied the possibility. One may think he did for protecting her, but if Albert has real intentions to make a heir to one of his children, he should be already doing a lot more than partying and playing soccer.

Suonymona said:
The different reactions to Eric Alexandre and Jazmin have been their sexes, their ages, and their mother's races. To this I add the media (as it was and is), and their respective countries of present living.

Refusing to admit she exposed their son, his mother demanded his father admit to him so she could file for support. Now his mother won't let him see the father who wants a connection. {strong piano cords}

Both mothers were eventually asked to keep quiet in exchange for a lot of money and making no claims to the throne.

*And despite being raised in South Africa (during Apartheid) and claiming Nelson Mandela is "like a grandfather", I do not see this being Charlene. I see her being a distraction because of her roots. "See, the one I'm considering for my wife is kinda black-like. Its not a racist thing with my son."

Interesting commentary there:) .

In general, I think it's unfortunate that everything seems to boil down to a race issue. While I do not believe that anything is ever that simplistic, it is sad that so much of the TR/PA, NC story is being pulled to that type of over-simple, one-sidedness. Sad enough.

I have to believe that there are many issues in the world that transcend such sweeping and base generalizations. I think this issue with TR, NC, and PA is one of them.:)

Anyway, I remember that NC specifically said in her subsequent interview with PM (after PA announced that the child was indeed his son) -- the mag. published that NC said she was never told to 'keep quiet' about Alexandre. She also said plainly (in the first interview as well) that Albert never either asked her nor did he pay her not to come forward. She said plainly that she never said anything because it was her choice. She said she was not receiving money to keep quiet about anything -- in her own words, she did not talk to the magazines because she did not want to, it was her own choice to stay silent. And when she decided to speak to them (the paparazzis), it was her free choice as well.

I think it's hard for CW to totally submerge certain parts of her cultural upbringing too. Anyone believing that she can escape that, or ignore it at all would be wrong-thinking, imo. It would be like an American (unfortunately) saying that they are totally color-blind. That's not likely either, because the US and SA have similar deeply rooted, culturally pervasive past case histories, sadly enough.

As far as PA, I don't see him playing mr. mom role. but I do totally agree that he seems to want to at least get to know those children. I suspect that both mothers would have no problem with that because they want their children to be as closely associated with royalty and priveleges as possible.

If the child gets all those things that are attached to PA, some will flow over on the mother eventually, which I'm certain those women will not have any problem with it.:)

Last edited:
Lillia Finally if I knew how I would throw your whole post above here and say. Thank you, thank you, you're so right.

To repeat the color reference is taking on, if I can express this in interjected words)--extreme insincerity; somewhat vulgar; excessively redundant; trite; not expedient; no longer needed for clarity. You folks might want to think about it. IMO, We have in general rather interesting discussions that most of the time, carry some intellectualism.

Welcome. I have never believed any of the TR/PA/NC issue to be about ethnicity. Some would say that is naive, but it is my belief.

My own reaction/opinions on the issue have been largely based on the behaviors or those people, which certain ones I really did not like.

But going forward, it does not matter. They will survive. I like JGG, I think she is a nice girl too. She seems smart.

TrustWorthy said:

PA is not an absolute ruler actually....

julianneneville said:
I think that people are wondering because Rainier's grandfather legitimized Rainier's mother so that he would have an heir. Personally, if JGG maintains her apparent work ethic, etc., I don't think that she would be a bad choice. JGG seems to be quite the achiever. And, as much as we love the Trio, I think JGG seems perhaps a little better grounded. But none of this will we know for years to come. One never knows. Perhaps PA is grooming her for something bigger. I would not discount it, nor get particularly upset about it.

Bravo! We simply do not know or are we able to predict the future. Allow these two children to grow, learn, make mistakes and stand on thier own. Let us not label them based on color, race, education -- even on their mothers or the actions of their mothers. Let us base our opinions of them on their own words and actions -- and since they are so young -- we should refrain from any serious judgement for several years at best. Maybe we can create another topic/board for those who are interested in continuing the "race" postings.

Juliet said:
PA is not an absolute ruler actually....

I stand corrected. However...

Monaco has been governed as a constitutional monarchy since 1911, with the Prince as chief of state. Judicial power is invested in the Prince, who delegates judicial procedures to the various courts, which dispense justice in his name. The independence of the judges is guaranteed by the constitution. The Supreme Court is composed of five chief members and two assistant judges named by the Prince on the basis of nominations by the National Council and other government bodies. The Supreme Court is the highest court for judicial appeals and also interprets the constitution when necessary. Monaco's legal system, closely related to that of France, is patterned after the Napoleonic Code.

Under the 1962 constitution, the Prince shares his power with the unicameral National Council. Sixteen of the 24 members of this legislative body are elected by list majority system, and 8 by proportional representation to serve 5-year terms. The elections were last held on February 9, 2003, and will be held next in February 2008. If the Prince dissolves the National Council, new elections must be held within 3 months. Usually meeting twice annually, the Council votes on the budget and endorses laws proposed by the Prince. Ordinances passed by the National Council are debated in the Council of Government, as are the ministerial decrees signed by the Minister of State. Once approved, the ordinances must be submitted to the Prince within 80 days for his signature, which makes them legally enforceable. If he does not express opposition within 10 days of submission, they become valid.

In 2002, Monaco renegotiated its 1918 treaty with France. In 2005 it was ratified by both parties and entered into force. The terms of the treaty:
  • Upgrade France's representation in Monaco from Consulate General to that of an embassy;
  • Permit, for the first time, other countries to accredit ambassadors to Monaco; and
  • Formally recognize the succession scheme set out in the 1962 Constitution, which extends eligibility to the Prince's daughters and other family members.
... giving him final and absolute power of veto -- about as close as one can get to "absolute."

Last edited:
TrustWorthy said:
Bravo! We simply do not know or are we able to predict the future. Allow these two children to grow, learn, make mistakes and stand on thier own. Let us not label them based on color, race, education -- even on their mothers or the actions of their mothers. Let us base our opinions of them on their own words and actions -- and since they are so young -- we should refrain from any serious judgement for several years at best. Maybe we can create another topic/board for those who are interested in continuing the "race" postings.

Yes, commenting on the behavior or the face and clothes is one thing, I do it all the time (sometimes too much:D ).

But imo, everything with TR/PA/NC is just not always so simply put, especially when it comes to intimate feelings on a topic like that (ethnic things). But maybe by saying so, I am being too simple in that also.

Anyway, I think JGG is a nice girl, as Alex is a cute baby too.

Last edited:
julianneneville said:
This is exactly why this monarchy is becoming ill-favored with me. There is simply no stability, no sense of order or even morals. Albert refused to marry even though, before the constitutional changes, his family was in trouble of dying out. There was no sense of duty before one's self. Instead, he was seeking out women like TR, who he had no intention of marrying, and producing illegitimate children and he's still dating women in their 20's. It's embarrassing to watch.

Laviollette said:
This is exactly why this monarchy is becoming ill-favored with me. There is simply no stability, no sense of order or even morals. Albert refused to marry even though, before the constitutional changes, his family was in trouble of dying out. There was no sense of duty before one's self. Instead, he was seeking out women like TR, who he had no intention of marrying, and producing illegitimate children and he's still dating women in their 20's. It's embarrassing to watch.

Well, the Grimaldis have a very laissez-faire way of living. Caroline, for example: she's a remarkably intelligent woman, but she seems to have what seems to be a very, very French way of looking of life. That is to say, she wants to help others, do what she can as a princess to help the needy, but she also wants to enjoy her life. If she is in love with someone like Ernst, then she will be with him, no matter what "people say" and she did not let a little fact of his being married to Chantal stop her from being with him! Likewise, Stephanie seems to take a day at a time. They are more human than the British royals. The British royals are placed, or put themselves, or a combination of both, on a stratum that is above the fray. Caroline and Stephanie seem to station themselves (spiritually) at our level and say, "We are human like you, we are making mistakes, but we are trying."

But Albert.......oh another story! He really behaves in a manner that, from my perspective, is unbecoming for a head of state. I respect him as much as I can, honestly. I love the Grimaldis, I truly do, but Albert is a serious enigma. Why isn't he more careful? It's one thing to be a playboy, but it's another to not take precautions (i.e. condoms or other BC forms). I sort of understand in the TR case. With TR, ok, she was a one-night stand.... they probably had a lot of drink and one thing led to another.... when you are drunk-beyond-reason, BC might not occur to your available senses.... you are probably driven by one thing, which I won't say anything more about, because I think you get my drift!
But with Nicole.......a two-year relationship!!!! How does this happen with a woman he was dating for two years?:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom