Charlene Wittstock Current Events 6 : Aug.2006 - Nov.2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hibou said:
First, nice post Lynda. Jo my problem with Charlene is her behavior when she is with Albert. From what I know of Mette-Marit she has worked hard to overcome her past and has not done anything to insult the Crown so I have not fault with her. Charlene has not let us know what she is currently doing that includes what might be left of her swimming career. She has allowed herself to be portrayed as a party girl in the present tense. Mette-Marit put that image well behind her before their engagement was announced. Smart girl.

Hibou, my answer did not mean your post but the allegation of sriwadee that all other Crown princesses are good women and well educated apart from Mette-Marit. :flowers: Which, I believe, is not true even though Mette-Marit has a child from a former relationship and was not married when Marius was born. Within the culture she grew up and lives now (modern Norway) it has been socially acceptable not to marry and have a child, so this fact should not be held against her. IMHO. While I agree with you that Charlene so far has done little to endear her to me, but as I'm not going to propose to her I just lean back and wait what's going to happen.... The show so far has been quite amusing.... ;)

Please remember that this thread is about Charlene and not about Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway......while I understand the point of the comparisons...lets keep it in perspective.

Thank you.

Zonk
Monaco Forum Moderator

Last edited:
Moreover, P. Rainier said that most Europe crown princes don’t like his son. You can see from the day that PA was enthronement……..
- Only crown prince of Lichtenstein and crown princess of Sweden came to Monaco.
- Denmark, UK, and Luxembourg represented by brother, brother with wife, and son.
- Spain, Belgium, Norway, and Holland …………..…!!!!!!
Seem like PA lost his face and I think PA knows what that mean.

So, if he gets marry with CW, he probably knows what will happen to his wedding day!!!!!!

I do not think that the abscence of most Eurpoean Royals at PA enthronement means they do not like him. A part from the fact that I never read of PR say that about his son.:ermm:

However the Monegasque family seemed to have been sort of apparently snubbed by other Royals, especially when Caroline got married for the first time.
Princess Grace defended herself by telling the press that it was the wedding of the Prince's daughter, not the souvereign's wedding, so any Royals might feel free to decline the invitation.

Anyway, at Prince Charles nd Diana's wedding Grace and Albert were assigned two seats in the 13th row, and this made the press speculate as well once again.

Moreover only young Princess Diana attended Grace's funeral on behalf of the British Royals. And, again that was interpreted as an offence by the press...

It's interesting to notice that some Italian aristocrats made it up with PR after Grace's death.
In many an interview Prince Carlo Giovannelli talking about his friendship with Rainier and his kids, never mentioned Princess Grace...

- First, I really want to say that I don't know much about MM of Norway. And I don't mean to compare MM to any woman.

- I really want to know that why Spain, Norway, Holland, and Belgium didn't send anyone to PA entronement.

One thing that I'd heard is Spain did not send anyone b/c P. Albert attacked Queen Sophia during Olympic 2012 conference in Singapore. But I don't know exactly what did P. Albert said. And the rest of those royalty didn't know send anyone to the PA enthronment b/c each royal has new baby.....but for me that is not a good reason. Or they didn't send anyone b/c P.Albert has illegimate son!

- What I'd heard more is P.Albert is very close to America culture, he visited America very year and gave interviews to CNN and many famous channels in US. So, that makes many crown princes feel jealousy.

- This is my opinion...I think the reason that P.Albert goes to many places with many women at this time b/c he wants to show that no matter what happen to him (2 illegimate children, etc), that doesn't change him to be a good father. It's like he wants to say that "I'm a playboy and I'm still playboy not matter how many illegimate children I have. It doesn't change me b/c those illegimate children are the children that I never want."

Please note that while Albert (and hence his relationship with Charlene) plays a role in this thread, this is not the Prince Albert thread so there should be no discussions in this thread relating to his enthronement and/or his relationship with other royal Families.

Does anyone know where Charlene is currently? People have been guessing her whereabouts. I am hopeing maybe some of our SA viewers might know if she is still living in SA or if she is still pursuing her swimming?

I actually like CW, it looked like she was enjoying herself at least.

Is she still around Monaco? I hope she still there because she was looking pretty good standing next to PA:flowers:

Last edited:
charlene's real pretty. is she a real blonde? are they still getting married? i don't think albert will ever find a wife due to the fact that who in their right mind would want to marry an older man and be photographed constantly? what do his sister's think of him dating women much younger than them? it's ironic that he wouldn't date a woman his sister's age. :lol:

Whether she is pretty is a matter of taste-sometimes she looks good, sometimes she looks like the dog's dinner. :rolleyes: As for "are they still getting married", they were never officially or unofficially (as far as we know) getting married. He was on ABC tv in the USA this summer stating that he has no plans to marry in the near or distant future. Can't be more plain than that. As for dating a woman his sisters age, why would he. If he wants to produce an heir, he needs to go for women of child bearing age. Caro & Steph are both in their 40's so those eggs are generally past the "best if sold by" date (especially if the woman has never had a child before). On a happier note, I think the sisters would support their brother's choice if they felt he loved her & she loved him. :wub: Hopefully, his future bride (if there is one) will be good for Monaco too.:heart: :clap:

http://www.zululandobserver.co.za/Article6.htm

Here is an article from September 25th (if this link doesn't work, google Charlene Wittstock and Zululand obeserver and click on cached to get to the article). She is training again but this time without Graham Hill and in Zululand rather than at Richards Bay.

Let's get back onto the topic at hand. This is a thread for Charlene Wittstock's current events & not a comparsion thread.

Thank you

Monaco Moderating Team

Last edited:
Jo of Palatine said:
Crown Princess Mette-Marit has finished high school with a diploma that allowed her access to the university and is currently enrolled as student at Oslo university where she studies at the faculty of Social Sciences and Arts. Of course being a mother of three and a representative for Norway does not allow for full-times studies but I'm convinced that the princess in due time will pass an exam for an academic degree.

As for her not being a "good" woman - that lies in the eyes of the beholder and those who pass judgment should be aware that they will be judged themselves one day.

This is amazing. I know MM of Norway is off topic, but I had to express how impressed I am that she is continuing her education. I think continuing to learn is one of the most important things a person can do. I've never heard of a full-time crown princess pursuing a degree. It's wonderful that she does that.

Back on topic, I will say that I do not feel that a university education is necessary to being married to a reigning prince. I don't know anything about Charlene Wittstock, but I'm sure that if Albert takes her for his wife, she would bring her own set of positive, and negative, qualities to the role.
Her education, or lack thereof, does not make her less worthy. If anything, I suppose that her being surrounded by all this heady society might encourage her to improve herself. It is not necessary to already have "education, class, and taste" to marry into royalty or a noble family. You can learn those things to a degree and can always improve yourself. That's the beauty of living: changing!

While Charlene is swimming ??? PA is "working" Geneva, Monaco, and so on. Durban is so far from Monaco, are they still in love?

lilae said:
While Charlene is swimming ??? PA is "working" Geneva, Monaco, and so on. Durban is so far from Monaco, are they still in love?

About a month ago we heard she is in SA Zululand with a new coach training again. As to whether they are in love hard to say.

Don't forget there will be the engagement/wedding announcement at National Day at the end of November! :wub: :flowers: :wacko:

BurberryBrit said:
^ I think Ghislaine was being sarcastic.

I agree. Has anything actually been confirmed about CW whereabouts?

(not that I've seen much or have been looking so much:closedeye )

For all anyone knows she could still be in Monaco -- lest we all forget that dear albie has shown that he can keep his 'companions' with a very very low profile, if he wants to:blink:

Last edited:
I just realized who Charlene reminds me of. I don't know what her last name was, or currently is, but she reminds me of the model Cecilie (sp?) who used to be married to Yannick Noah. Something about the face, or the eyebrows, or maybe both. But I haven't seen a picture of Cecilie in quite some time so I'm not sure I'm remembering accurately....

Ghislaine said:
Don't forget there will be the engagement/wedding announcement at National Day at the end of November! :wub: :flowers: :wacko:

Good joke Ghislaine, Charlene is a mermaid, perhaps she didn't agree with PA when he spend nice days in Sardaigna with nice girls...and " days later he was with her in Monaco.

I think Prince Albert has disrespected her in different ways. He was publicly seen with different women and he stated that he has no marriage plans in the near or distant future. So I would not be looking for an engagement or wedding

I don't know if I believe they are any more serious than previous girl friends at all. Maybe they have given her that "title" because he is now HSH and for once can give the title without requiring his fathers permission or maybe because he's now HSH and they prefer for him to have at least one official companion.

pinklady was charlene seen again with prince albert?
if so, it wouldnt surprise me if she reappears now and then.
imo, i dont think she has enough self-respect to leave him esp after he said that he as no plains to marry.
i guess most people would just move on with their lives,call me crazy but i wouldnt hang around him any longer if i was her.

I never believed in this relationship. His relationships were never long and he has declared he doesn´t believe in marriage,so i think he´s enjoying life and will go on this way.

IMO, I don't think Albert will ever marry. He is too much of a womanizer. I wonder what CW thinks of Albert's two illegitamate children?

Charlene is young (but she's an old swimmer) she has a mermaid's body but she had not made studies, sometimes she looks trash. I think that high society members are surprised when meet her.PA is very rich, many girls want to be with him. If Cinderella-Charlene is aware she 'd better to find a job, because she's too old for beeing an olympic champion, and I suppose that PA as enough illegitime children....

I wonder where is Charlene in this moment. She has not been seen in the last recent events in Monaco, even in the Amade dinner with Bono and his wife. Is she still swimming in South Africa? Has anybody seen it somewhere in the past month?

lilae said:
If Cinderella-Charlene is aware she 'd better to find a job, because she's too old for beeing an olympic champion, and I suppose that PA as enough illegitime children....

PA has many times behaviored like this, he throws a "bomb" (the most often blond, but some times brune, like Tasha de Vasconcelos...., always very pretty), in the spot lights, for a certain period, he makes people expecting a wedding, (the girls also dreams...) and after the "Bomb" dissapeares...

well , "always very pretty'... with make up , I may add,...Let's hope he dumped charlene. i can't wait to see who's going to be the next one. he likes keeping us entertained.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom