The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by paca
yes and nice to see how seriously Albert takes his environmental ambition by using a boat to get to the restaurant instead of taking the car.
Yes and so nice to see how Albert wants to protect her by taking her away from the hassle in Monaco during the ironman contest. They must be so much in love.

Old 09-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Majesty

Quote:
yes and nice to see how seriously Albert takes his environmental ambition by using a boat to get to the restaurant instead of taking the car.
What means of transportation should he have used instead? A bike, roller skates, or perhaps he could have called Scotty - 'Beam me to the restaurant Scotty!'

Old 09-03-2006, 01:52 PM
Courtier

As the little boat is a tender, I guess they were not going to a restaurant, but either coming or going to a yacht...
Old 09-03-2006, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grace
As the little boat is a tender, I guess they were not going to a restaurant, but either coming or going to a yacht...
If you check the polfoto site you will see that they are shuttling from a yacht to a restaurant or vice versa.
Old 09-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbhrc
What means of transportation should he have used instead? A bike, roller skates, or perhaps he could have called Scotty - 'Beam me to the restaurant Scotty!'
Since it is said that the pic was taken in or around Monaco, he could have walked. There is no need to take a yacht to get to a restaurant or a beach. I know some people do to get from Monaco to plage mala for example because they are too lazy to walk down the stairs (and up again). I am just very impressed about how much he really cares about the environment. I am just so glad that we know now that the environment ranges after impressing Charlene. I guess that should convince us all about his devotion to her since he so vigourously works to preserve the environment. But maybe he just had to make sth up to her after being photograhed a few days back on another yacht http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default....ails&Item=4276
Old 09-03-2006, 02:55 PM
Courtier

I might be wrong but from the pics posted here I believe they were coming from a yacht (by tender) to have lunch at the restaurant of the "Beach Club". You can't really get from a yacht to land in any other way then by a tender or swimming...
Old 09-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
All I was doing was saying something nice (which seems to be a rare thing in this thread- which is unfortunate) & there are people who come onto this thread & continually bash this woman. Its very rude. I'm sorry you have an issue with Charlene- be it she is uneducated, not pretty, a "golddigger", a puppy dog, etc. but there are ways to say it without being & sounding so horrible about it.
And you know what- Albert can do as he pleases- he can see who he wants, he can travel how he wants and he can acknowledge whoever he wants....because he is a grown up. Nothing we say or do will change what he does.

Live, Highlander. Grow stronger. Fight another day. Highlander: The Series

Old 09-03-2006, 03:07 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Since it is said that the pic was taken in or around Monaco, he could have walked. There is no need to take a yacht to get to a restaurant or a beach.
Well we all don't know what he has done on that yacht, probably visiting a friend or something like that. And I'm not sure if Albert is able to walk on water. Or have I missed something? Just kidding.

I really think it makes no difference if he takes a car to events or if he walks. The people in Monaco won't change their customs just because of Prince Albert.
Old 09-03-2006, 03:27 PM
Gentry

Quote:
. But maybe he just had to make sth up to her after being photograhed a few days back on another yacht http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default....ails&Item=4276

I'm posting on Albert Current Events Tread, some pics from italian magazine Gente, concerning that.

M.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:53 PM
Nobility

By Lady Jennifer
Quote:
And you know what- Albert can do as he pleases- he can see who he wants, he can travel how he wants and he can acknowledge whoever he wants....because he is a grown up. Nothing we say or do will change what he does.
Albert is a public figure, a head of state and a sovereign prince. He can't do what he wants. That is the whole point. Somebody in his position should be very careful about what he does in public.
But he does what he wants, where he wants and that is what's causing all the controversy. I don't care what he does, who or what he sleeps with or with how many. As long as it isn't in public!
Old 09-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Administrator

I am probably going to get into trouble for this...but it really doesn't matter what we (the people of this board think) about Albert's love life or how he acts in public. And that goes for each royal family and their perspective countries. If it doesn't bother the people of Monaco..then really all of this is moot.
Old 09-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Aristocracy

Of course he can do anything he wants. He is PRINCE! They are above everything, in fact they are fairytale. Everything is allowed in fiction, witches, dwarfs, trolls, princes, the whole thing.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:45 PM
Nobility

Sorry Donna, you're right. I forgot the emoticons:
Old 09-04-2006, 04:02 PM
Majesty

Polfoto

Quote:
Charlene Wittstock pictured at Nice Airport, France, on September 4, 2006. She's watching the VOICI's cover with Prince Albert II of Monaco and a woman.

Old 09-04-2006, 04:25 PM
Serene Highness

here is the link to voici http://www.voici.fr/contenu_editoria...sque.php?tit=1
Old 09-04-2006, 04:49 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Paca, I just want to check the meaning of "fiancee" as Voici used it. I even double checked in my handy dictionnaire du francais and the only definition offered says that there is an understanding or promise of marriage between the two of them. Is there another meaning or are they using the term because "fiancee" sells more than "official companion?"

So what is going on here????????????
Old 09-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinklady1991
Paca, I just want to check the meaning of "fiancee" as Voici used it. I even double checked in my handy dictionnaire du francais and the only definition offered says that there is an understanding or promise of marriage between the two of them. Is there another meaning or are they using the term because "fiancee" sells more than "official companion?"

So what is going on here????????????
It's a fairly common usuage for steady boyfriend/girlfriend. A lot of people referred to my ex as mari, even though we were never married. But since we lived in a similar relationship, that was the term that most people used. ( Although every single time I pointed out that we were not married and had no intention to do so). in the beginning a lot of people say ma copine, then it is compagne or fiance and after a number of years or children they use mari/femme. So it doesn't have any major meaning.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:49 PM
Aristocracy

Donna, Ghislaine, anybody ? Never a dull moment, well not for too long anyway.

I'm thinking that after seeing all of the scenes on the boat with cute little girl--the hand reaching, the absolute prostrate position and all. That, look who now is doing the "acting out-romantic acting out" now?

That could that have been purposed, planned, orchestrated?

And if so who was it purposed for? And what could be the message intended? And trust me, I've come to know the brilliance and mastery of our beloved. And mod, that's not an insult-just is my observation.

Just a thought, because "we" ain't that cwazy. I don't think so.Of course, the man has to have some private fun moments, but he must have known there was a lens trained on him.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Aristocracy

I truly do not think Charlene cares about PA’s frolicking around. She probably feels as long as PA spends quality time with her and they have a great time together, she could care less about who he is seeing when she is not present. Charlene does not appear to be the type of woman who ‘cracks’ every time the rags post pictures of PA with other females. I am sure she knows the game the tabloid/media plays, more money, lots of gossip. Charlene is very confident with herself. She does not go out of her way to be glamorous and chic in public places because PA appreciates her simple appearance. Charlene is comfortable in this relationship with PA. She is fully aware there will be no marriage between the two of them. They enjoy each others company; this is why PA continues to request her to accompany him to functions. It is the media who keeps guessing and wondering what the hell is going on. Charlene will be around until she and PA decides it is time to move on.

This is strictly my opinion regarding the relationship between Charlene and PA.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:45 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

I really like the newest pics, so many lovely gestures between Charlene and Albert on their little trip and those pics on the airport are also something special. It's always so interesting and funny to see celebrities and royals together with magazines themselves. Remember Caroline reading a mag with pics of Nicole Coste or Charlotte having the issue of Point de Vue in her hands in which Steph gave her big interview this summer..