The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Monaco > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-18-2006, 12:43 AM
Serene Highness

here's a question
why can't he date someone who has a career? someone who doesn't need him? someone who has a life? not to say charlene doesn't have a life but her swiming career might be finish unless she coaches. someone content with themselves an equal?
is that to much to ask?

Old 11-18-2006, 01:38 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
here's a question
why can't he date someone who has a career? someone who doesn't need him? someone who has a life? not to say charlene doesn't have a life but her swiming career might be finish unless she coaches. someone content with themselves an equal?
is that to much to ask?
That sounds good, but I think that is also what is precisely so tricky. It's not the 50's. There are not a lot of women that are in careers where they can or would be willing to pick up their lifes & move to Monaco & be princess on the side if that would really be possible. Although I think if he finds someone a little more mature & that has a interest in the outside world rather than at the age where people are still looking inwardly they might be evolved enough to embrace the position as something beside their picture in the tabloids.

I really do see how it would be hard to be in his position, a smart women would really have to think hard about it (depending on how much she loved him). It's still easy enough to carve out a nice life w/o all the concessions one would have to make. I'm not so sure Grace Kelly would have made the decision she did if it was 2006, I think she had a hard enough time in the 50's. I do hope he can find someone with something going on for herself & is at least interesting & smart. But I can see his challenge it's not an easy position to fill & plus be the one you're in love with too. Although he does seem to be looking in the wrong direction. Maybe he can just relax about it, if it's meant to happen it will!

Old 11-18-2006, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsla
That sounds good, but I think that is also what is precisely so tricky. It's not the 50's. There are not a lot of women that are in careers where they can or would be willing to pick up their lifes & move to Monaco & be princess on the side if that would really be possible.

I really do see how it would be hard to be in his position, a smart women would really have to think hard about it (depending on how much she loved him). It's still easy enough to carve out a nice life w/o all the concessions one would have to make.
I agree but I mean if there really is a career/business woman and loving working like this, well I guess monaco could be the biggest adventure and best working place ever if she got the possibility to bring herselfe in to it and held in a ceo like position.. what more in a career would you looking for? you could be inventive, supportive, got high responsiblities, power to build somthing new, maybe make a change, ..... it's not a life out of being beauty and companion or wife of someone... its more and could be filled with real opportunities you may never get as an ordinary business woman and on top to have a family and love life.. alltogether... so I wouldn't say there is no woman out there filling this scene but certainly its not Charlene, is she?
Old 11-18-2006, 08:16 AM
Majesty

Time to close this thread, and to start a new one. You can find it here.

Closed Thread