Princess Catharina-Amalia, News and Pictures 3 (Dec 2005 - July 2006)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amalia is such a lively girl! She still seems to have fun with the cameras and seems to 'play' with them. I really like that the Crtownprince and Princess are not overprotective of their children and in this way already 'prepare' them for the media interest. I believe Beatrix 'hid' her sons much more from the press.

Marengo said:
Amalia is such a lively girl! She still seems to have fun with the cameras and seems to 'play' with them. I really like that the Crtownprince and Princess are not overprotective of their children and in this way already 'prepare' them for the media interest. I believe Beatrix 'hid' her sons much more from the press.

I find it surprising that they are and that Amalia is so friendly with the media since Willem and Maxima have sued (and won) the media for taking private pictures of them (such as when they visited the zoo with Amalia). And haven't they "retaliated" against media outlets that buy paparazzi pictures of them by not inviting them to official photo shoots?

And when Marilene was photographed during the summer nursing her daughter Felecia, there was some official press release from the RVD stating that only photographs of the couple (and their family) at official engagements could be published, and that all others could be subject to being sued. I remember some comments that the van Vollenhoven family had always been press friendly when they were out for regular family walks unlike the Orange family, and now they were following in the footsteps of their cousins.

Marengo said:

Yes- It seems that WA and Maxima have found a good balance for their daughters and the media. While there seem to be boundaries,these girls are still clearly encouraged by their parents to let their personalities to shine through- even when the cameras are around.

Eliza

Alexandria said:
I find it surprising that they are and that Amalia is so friendly with the media since Willem and Maxima have sued (and won) the media for taking private pictures of them (such as when they visited the zoo with Amalia). And haven't they "retaliated" against media outlets that buy paparazzi pictures of them by not inviting them to official photo shoots?

And when Marilene was photographed during the summer nursing her daughter Felecia, there was some official press release from the RVD stating that only photographs of the couple (and their family) at official engagements could be published, and that all others could be subject to being sued. I remember some comments that the van Vollenhoven family had always been press friendly when they were out for regular family walks unlike the Orange family, and now they were following in the footsteps of their cousins.

I think the policy of the court now is to give the press some oppertunities to makew nice pictures and that way they will be less inclined to intrude the privacy of the family (I mean, if they would not 'show' their children to the press, the photographers would be more inclined to make pictures during private moments of the family). To 'retaliate', as in not allowing any pictures, would be counterproductive as the photographers would be more ágressive to get some pictures.

I assume the van Vollenhovens had the same opinion and allowed a photoshoot for that reason as well, probably on the dadvice of the court.

latest photos of Amalia watching the winter olympics in torino
(from leo vogelzang)

quote=purple_platinum]latest photos of Amalia watching the winter olympics in torino
(from leo vogelzang)

[/quote]
:rolleyes: she's so cute and lovely

Last edited by a moderator:
she's so cute with her little blonde hair;)
Does she have blue eyes like her dad?

they seem dark, on the pictures posted by purple, so I assume she has her mothers eyes.

She will be a great queen one day. She has all the charisma that it takes to win her people. Her mother of course would also make a great queen.

"Prinses Catharina Amalia Tulip" on Holland Flowers Festival

from dpa

just curious.... why isn't Amalia called by her first name Catherina? they are both nice names.
Also she has gotten really cute from when she was a baby. she has absolutely adorable lips.

melmel said:
just curious.... why isn't Amalia called by her first name Catherina? they are both nice names.
Also she has gotten really cute from when she was a baby. she has absolutely adorable lips.

the name thing is confusing and i have to confess I dont really understand it. but that was her parents choice. her dad is called Alexander by his family and that was his parents intention too. its a bit weird though that most everyone always refers to him as Willem-Alexander, whereas everyone except the RVD refers to Catharina-Amalia as simply "Amalia."

Catharina is a very traditional name for a queen. (who knows? holland may have its own Catherine the Great some day:) ) so I think that is why they opted to put that first even though they dont intend to call her by it.

When Amalia she ascends the throne she will get to decide if she wants to be known by a regal, classic name like Catharina or a traditional oranje family like Amalia.

Willem-Alexander told that in private they would call her Amalia. A mistake to reveal that IMO as everybody neglected the Catharina-part almost immediately. I prefer Amalia though, as it has more connections to dutch royal history (whereas Catharina doesn't have any significant connection to the past).
When she will be queen-regnant she can take whatever name she likes (Willem-Alexander once stated that he want to be known as Willem IV), so she can become Catharina I, Catharina-Amalia I, Amalia I, or any other name for that matter (like Prince Charles, about whom it is assumed he will be George VII in a day in the far future).

Last edited:
Thank you I didn't know that about Prince Charles or Amalia's name. I learn so much from these boards.

I love seeing this little girl grow and hope to see a picture with her cousin Eloise, who also seems to have a bubbly personality.

pollyemma said:
the name thing is confusing and i have to confess I dont really understand it. but that was her parents choice. her dad is called Alexander by his family and that was his parents intention too. its a bit weird though that most everyone always refers to him as Willem-Alexander, whereas everyone except the RVD refers to Catharina-Amalia as simply "Amalia."

Catharina is a very traditional name for a queen. (who knows? holland may have its own Catherine the Great some day:) ) so I think that is why they opted to put that first even though they dont intend to call her by it.

When Amalia she ascends the throne she will get to decide if she wants to be known by a regal, classic name like Catharina or a traditional oranje family like Amalia.

Thanks so much for clearing that up. I have a feeling that she will always be called Amalia because that is what she is referred to now. I actually like both names and they sound nice on their own.

I'm so happy... whe will see new pictures of Pss Amalia soon, because today there will be a fotoshoot of the Prince of Orange and his family (without Queen Beatrix, she is recovering from surgery) in Lech..

Will princess Amalia be staying with CP Willem during the norweigan royal baptism?

I t is not known if the family will stay there in the weekend and if she will stay with her father, but it is the most probable scenario.

I'm beginning to love this cute Princess, Little Leonor is my no.1 princess, (miss her)...... thanxs to all who sent these picutures of Princess Amalia, she is soooo cute........

Princess catharina-Amalia is the cutest royal toddler IMHO. :)
She has changed a lot and it's really lovely to see her when she appears in
public,her babysister princess Alexia is a cutie too.

I hope they will blossom into sweet ,happy children.Who can handle the pressure in the golden cage they living in , but still manage to have a great
life with supporting family and friends.

She is the cutest royal ever. I know this is mean but I thought she was a fat ugly baby when she was born but she is just so adorable. I love her so much. It will be so much fun to watch her grow up and break mens hearts.

Amalia is cute, i see her very simlar to the queen beatrix and maxima gestures.
Alexia look more like willem alexander

Yes I agree Amalia has so much of her grandmother and mother. There is a picture of CP Maxima when she was younger and the resemblance to P. Amalia is striking.

I thought that was her real name too.

I was wondering... why does everyone on the board always call her Amalia instead of Catharina (which is a very pretty name btw)? It's not like there's already many royals named Catharina and it would cause confusion. Does the royal family prefer to call her Amalia as well?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom