Most Popular Prince / Princess?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
diana still is very popular
prince: william and harry, their faces are in magazines of the all the world

Alive
Princess Caroline
CP Mary

Late...
Princess Diana
Princess Grace

My Mother says that Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth are very popular here in India, they are more popular in the Past Genaration

At present I think Diana would probably still be the most well-known Royal closely followed by Queen Elizabeth II, Princes Charles and other members of the British Royals.

I guess the Spanish Royal family and some Middle Eastern Royals, like King Abdullah II of Saudi Arabia would be next.

Very hard question!
When Princess Diana was alive, she was, unquestionably the most famous and popular royal. She had an immense global reach.
But there is no such personality now. The British royals are the ones most people are familiar with. But I doubt there is anyone who generates much interest internationally and that includes Prince William. Although that might change once there's talk of his marriage.
As for other royal families, you'd be surprised how many people out there havent heard of most of them. Even well-informed people may know about the politics of various nations around the world, but not much about their monarchs. They just dont elicit much interest. And that is understandable.
You are so correct Humera. A lot of people around the world either no longer care or do not bother with the Royal families.
I believe in another generation there will be fewer left who are interested in anything RF member do.

queen elizabeth 2 is most popular queen ;and princess maxima of the Netherlands is the most popular princess.

queen Elizabeth II is the most popular queen ; and princess maxima is the most popular princess.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thnk Diana will still be the most popular royal eventhough she's not here anymore. Here in my country when you ask someone to name a royal/prince/princess, he/she will probably say the late Pss Diana. Filipinos are not interested in royalty, most people here are interested in Hollywood stars and NBA for the guys. Only the royal watchers here like me know other royals aside from the British royal family. I think royals are famous around Europe, Letizia, GDss Maria Theresa and Maxima in Spanish speaking countries, Mary in Australia. I doubt the Countess of Frederiksborg, Alexandra being Asian is known here in the Philippines. Where I work no one knows other royal except for Pss Diana and her two sons. The only magazine that features royal watch here is OK Phils. which only gives short infos. As a matter of fact when I saw a magazine being bought by my officemate I told her that that's Pss Mary of Denmark and that's Felipe of Spain and so on...It so happen that Mary's picture was during the New Year's gala wherein she wore a red velvet gown with full regalia. She even asked me, do they actually wear that thing? meaning the tiara, sash and everything.. I laughed and said yup, that's royalty in Europe... They really don't have any idea that there are other royal houses that exist aside from BRF.

:previous: my take on our country being ignorant, clueless even, about royals is because we have been a republic for so long that the idea of being ruled by a monarch is so foreign to us. While the Philippines may have been a former Spanish colony, none of the kings and queens then came over here, so maybe it was felt they were too distant for Filipinos to ever really care about.

As for the British royals being the only known royal family here, I'm guessing it's pretty much due to the fact that the Philippine press takes its cue from the US media, which is also largely focused on the BRF.

What rubs salt on the wound is that the Philippine press, when reporting about royals (either in OK! Magazine Philippines or in the news), is that they can never get things completely right. There's always something wrong--the prince's title, the mother of the royal...heck, they even Photoshop the color of their clothes! I swear, the info I get here at TRF is more updated and accurate than what I read on the papers here.

I think Princess Diana ,specially when she was alive ,now too ,and nowadays Princess Mary of Denmark:flowers:

In past, there were Princess Grace of Monaco and Princess Diana of Wales.
Today, Princess Maxima and Princess Mary, and also Charlotte Casiraghi.

William and Harry von Sachsen Coburg Gotha from Great Britain

William and Harry, are William and Harry Windsor. Mountbatten if you really want.

I think world wide, Rania & Princess Mary of Denmark.

William and Harry are known as Diana's children, nothing more.

Each royal family is popular in it's own country. Unless you are an avid royal fan, I think ordinary people only know the royal family of their respective country. :)

I think Charles, William and Harry (and Diana) as the British Royal Family is the most well known worldwide and probably gets most media coverage.

I also think Rania is well known worldwide as she gets a lot of coverage for her work with humanitarian issues although most people who know of Rania may not know which Royal Family she comes from.

Unfortunately I don't think the other Royal Families are that well known worldwide eg Mary of Denmark is well known in Europe and Australia but probably wouldn't be that well recognised in Asia, the other Scandanavian Royals even less so.

I think that as time moves on less and less 'ordinary' people will recognise any members of any Royal Families as interest in them has waned as other 'celebrities' eg actresses, tv stars etc have taken over. It will only be royal fans like people on this forum who will know most of them.

I could imagine that todays most known Princess is Princess Mary, most known Prince is Prince William or Prince Harry.

Well, I think the British Royals are still the most known Royals worldwide. So I would say the most known Princess is still Diana ; and the most known Prince is probably Prince Charles.

Unfortunately I don't think the other Royal Families are that well known worldwide eg Mary of Denmark is well known in Europe and Australia but probably wouldn't be that well recognised in Asia, the other Scandanavian Royals even less so.

I disagree, the DRF has a very strong relationship with Asia especially Japan in particular. :)

:previous: Hmm but I think in general she's right. I think ... even in Europe there are many people who don't know any royal face (maybe exept for their own Royal Family).
Maybe they know them by name (for example here in Germany: you get totally spammed with Royalty ;)).
... but still I think none of the Royal Houses has every reached the name recognition of the British Royals. Somehow most people I met see the British monarchy as THE monarchy of all... and the only one they really know. They know "The Queen", Charles and Diana. ;)

Last edited:
before i joined TRF i know only British Royals (QEII, Pr.Charles, Pr.Diana, and their sons)
i know there are kings or queens in several countries but i didn't know their names, faces..
oneday i realised grimaldis, i joined this forum and then i met almost all of european royals..

I think the Royal Families of Britian and Monaco are the most internationally known. But I think the Royal family of Denmark and especially Princess Mary are becoming more well known.

If we are talking world-wide and regarding people / countries who have no particular interest in royalty I guess the best know royal ever is Lady Di, plus QE II, Prince Charles and Princess Grace. That's were it ends imo.

I think worldwide it's Queen Elizabeth and Diana (when she was alive). The other CP's are popular in Europe and in their respective homelands but that's about it. The way the world knew of Diana is not the same as Maxima and Mary.

I think the most famous Princes are undoubtedly Prince Charles, Prince William and Prince Harry: even people in the remotest parts of the world know about them.
Prince Felipe is probably next, especially in the Spanish-speaking parts of the world.

Of the Princesses, I doubt anyone can match Diana’s popularity and fame. Princess Grace would probably come second, followed by Princess Letizia, Princess Mary and Princess Maxima. Quite a few people know about Mette-Marit, if not by name, then by her story (single mother who married the Crown Prince).

Queen Elizabeth is without doubt the most well-known reigning Monarch. She is probably followed by King Juan Carlos, Queen Beatrix and perhaps Prince Albert of Monaco. King Abdullah of Jordan is rather famous too, especially in the Arab or Arab-speaking parts of the world.
Of the spouses of the reigning Monarchs, Prince Philip and Queen Rania are perhaps the most famous ones.

I think Prince Charles, Prince William and Harry. HM Queen Elizabeth II ....
Here in Argentina at least. Princess Maxima, of course, and Felipe and Letizia.
Then, From time to time we hear news about Princess Caroline of Monaco, and I think that's it.

IMO:QE II & Prince William.And Princess Diana in the past.

I think the senior members of the British RF, like QEII, Princess Charles, Camilla and William and Harry are probably the most well-known in the world.

I think King J-C is fairly well known internationally and because of the size of the Spanish speaking world the other members of the Spanish RF are also probably well known.

The Sultan of Brunei is another royal who many people have heard of because of hsi wealth, even if they do not know anything about him.

I'd also add Queen Rania to the list as she seems to be getting a lot of international press.

Ten or fifteen years ago it was all about Diana and Charles. Now IMO, Prince William and Crown Princess Victoria are the most well-known (I won't include Kings/Queens, since the thread is about princes/princesses).

No doubt for me: The Queen of England followed by Charles, Diana, Camilla and William and Harry.

I think princess Diana ,Charles and Camilla !

Back
Top Bottom