Which Royal Has the Same Name As You?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My first name is Anne, so I share my first name with:
- Princess Anne, Princess Royal
- Anne of Romania (wife of the former King Michael I of Romania)
- Anne-Marie of Greece (wife of the former King Constantine II of Greece)
- Anne, Queen of Armenia (wife of Leo II of Armenia)
- Anne of Brittany (Duchess of Brittany in her own right and Queen Consort of Charles VIII of France and his successor, Louis XII)
- Queen Anne (daughter of James II and wife and co-regnant monarch of William III)
- Anne Boleyn (Henry VIII's second wife)
- Anne of Cleves (Henry VIII's fourth wife)
- Empress Anne of Russia
- Anne of Denmark (wife of James VI and I of Scotland and England)
- Princess Anne of Denmark (wife of Prince George Valdemar of Denmark)
- Anne, Princess Royal and Princess of Orange (daughter of George II)
- Princess Anne of England (daughter of Charles I)
- Anne of Austria (wife of Louis XIII and mother of Louis XIV)
- Anne of Bohemia (wife of Richard II)
- Anne of Kiev (wife of Henry I of France)
- Anne Neville (wife of Richard III)
- Anna Pavlovna of Russia (wife William II of the Netherlands)

My middle name is Artemisia (my mother's whimsey) and I share it with only two royals I know of:
- Artemisia I of Caria (the famous one who, while Greek by birth, was one of Xerxes' commanders during the second Persian invasion of Greece)
- Artemisia II of Caria (most famous for ordering the construction of the Mausoleum - one of the Seven Wonders of the ancient world - in memory of her husband and brother, Mausolus)

Last edited:
my name is marianne and my middle name is eva i dont know any royals with my name but my name is french i think :)

Your names are very much royal. :flowers:

There were several royals named Marianne, including:
- Princess Marianne of the Netherlands, the second daughter of William I of the Netherlands and Wilhelmine of Prussia.
- Princess Marianne of Prussia, the third daughter of Prince Friedrich Wilhelm of Prussia and Princess Agatha of Hohenlohe-Schillingsfurst. She was in fact the great-granddaughter of Princess Marianne of the Netherlands.

There were also several royals named Eva, including one living one:
- Princess Andrew of Yugoslavia (born Eva Andjelkovich), the third and final wife of Prince Andrew of Yugoslavia. Prince Andrew was the son of King Alexander I of Yugoslavia and Maria of Yugoslavia (the daughter of King Ferdinand of Romania and Marie of Edinburgh, herself the daughter of Alfred, Duke of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha - the second son of Queen Victoria and Prince Albert).

My first name is Elizabeth, thought it has nothing to do with royalty. My parents thought it was a 'beautiful' name. My middle name is Ann(no e), so I guess I share the same name with both of Henry V111's Ann's-Boelyn and of Cleeves. Even though I have a 'z' instead of an 's' in my name, I like the idea of sharing my first name with Princess Elisabeth of Belgium. Now that I think of it, wasn't Elizabeth 1 the daughter of Henry 8th and Ann Boelyn?

My first name is Elizabeth, thought it has nothing to do with royalty. My parents thought it was a 'beautiful' name. My middle name is Ann(no e), so I guess I share the same name with both of Henry V111's Ann's-Boelyn and of Cleeves. Even though I have a 'z' instead of an 's' in my name, I like the idea of sharing my first name with Princess Elisabeth of Belgium. Now that I think of it, wasn't Elizabeth 1 the daughter of Henry 8th and Ann Boelyn?

Indeed she was. She became queen after the death of her half sister, Mary I.

My given name is Ethel Rose. Named after two Aunts. I don't know any royals called Ethel.

My given name is Elizabeth Jane, but I go by a nickname. I wasn't named for QEII but enjoy sharing the name.

My given name is Ethel Rose. Named after two Aunts. I don't know any royals called Ethel.

Not exactly Royal, but there was an Ethel with royal connections - Ethel, Countess of Southesk. She was the first wife of Charles Carnegie, 10th Earl of Southesk and the mother of Charles Carnegie, 11th Earl of Southesk - Princess Maud of Fife's husband. Princess Maud was the daughter o 1st Duke of Fife and Louise, Princess Royal, herself the eldest daughter of Edward VII and Queen Alexandra.

Last edited:
I share the name with Princess Madeleine of Sweden.

My middle name is Maire: so that is Britian's Queen Mary, Mary Queen of Scott's, Princess Mary & Marie of Denmark, Queen Anne-Maire of Greece, Little Princess Estelle Slivia Ewa Mary! There was queen Marie of Romania, and of course Marie-Antoniette of France. My great grandmother's name was Marie, my paternal grandmothers name was Freda Marie, my maternal grandmother was Charlotte Marie, and my daughter is Gabriella Marie. of course, in my spiritual life there is the virgin Mary, my lord and savior's mother, referred to as Queen of Heven.

Could it be that Dale Carnegie has a kinship with those 10th and 11th Earls of Southesk?

Could it be that Dale Carnegie has a kinship with those 10th and 11th Earls of Southesk?

I'm afraid it's highly unlikely.
Dale Carnegie was born in the United States (in Maryville, Missouri, to be more precise) an doesn't appear to share any common ancestors with the Earls of Southesk.

You know a lot, Artemisia!

I wish it were so! Unfortunately, my knowledge of royal and noble families is, at this point, mostly limited to genealogy. I'm ridiculously little informed of the current royal and noble families, although I do try to catch up. :)

Unfortunatelly I don't share my name with any royal person, the closest to my name is Spanish/Basque medieval royal name Sancha :flowers:

Last edited:
Dale Carnegie changed the spelling of his name from Carnagey when he became a salesman.

My name is Tonya, a derivitive of Titiania,or Tatiana, Queen of the Fairies!!:):)lol

My name is Desiree, so Queen Desiree of Sweden, Desiree Clary. I was not named after her; just a coincidence.

Last edited:
My name is Desiree, so Queen Desiree of Sweden, Desiree Clary. I was not named after her; just a coincidence.

I've always adored the name. Although it is unfortunately not at all common here, I hope to name my daughter Desiree one day. :)

Apart from Desiree Clary, you also share your name with:
- Princess Desiree, Baroness Silfverschiold (daughter of Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Vasterbotten, and Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha)
- Princess Desiree of Hohenzollern (daughter of Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern)

I doubt I share name with any royal. Or I've never heard any royal named Zelia.

I've always adored the name. Although it is unfortunately not at all common here, I hope to name my daughter Desiree one day. :)

Apart from Desiree Clary, you also share your name with:
- Princess Desiree, Baroness Silfverschiold (daughter of Prince Gustaf Adolf, Duke of Vasterbotten, and Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha)
- Princess Desiree of Hohenzollern (daughter of Princess Birgitta of Sweden and Prince Johann Georg of Hohenzollern)

Interesting, thanks for the information. I didn't know there were other Desirees in the royal world.:flowers:

Interesting, thanks for the information. I didn't know there were other Desirees in the royal world.:flowers:

You are welcome. :flowers:

Apart from Princess Desiree, Baroness Silfverschiold and Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, there are, in fact, quite a few royal and noble ladies with the name:
- Desiree, Princess of Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach (daughter of Prince Wilhelm Ernst of Eva Kovarcz, and wife of Count Faustus von und zu Hoensbroech)
- Princess Desiree of Schaumburg-Lippe (daughter of Prince Wilhelm of Schaumburg-Lippe)
- Desiree Maritta Bernadotte (daughter of Alexander-Wilhelm Bernadotte, Count Bernadotte)
- Desiree Christina von Rosenborg, Countess of Rosenborg (daughter of Valdemar Georg von Rosenborg, Count af Rosenborg)
- Desiree Martha von Rosenborg, Countess of Rosenborg (daughter of Flemming Valdemar zu Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg, Count of Rosenborg)
- Oda-Desiree, Countess of Solms-Baruth (daughter of Count Christian-Friedrich of Solms-Baruth)
- Countess Desiree of Castell-Castell
- Countess Desiree zu Herberstein
- Baroness Desiree of Pfetten-Arnbach
- Countess Desiree Schaffgotsch von und zu Kynast und Greiffenstein
- Countess Desiree von Toggenburg

A very regal name indeed. :)

I doubt I share name with any royal. Or I've never heard any royal named Zelia.

You have a beautiful and unique name. The only royal with a name similar to yours that I know of was Princess Herzeleide of Prussia, the only daughter of Prince Oskar of Prussia (younger son of Emperor Wilhelm II) and his wife Countess Ina Marie von Bassewitz. I believe her nickname was actually either Zela or Zelia.

You are welcome. :flowers:

Apart from Princess Desiree, Baroness Silfverschiold and Princess Sibylla of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha, there are, in fact, quite a few royal and noble ladies with the name:
- Desiree, Princess of Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach (daughter of Prince Wilhelm Ernst of Eva Kovarcz, and wife of Count Faustus von und zu Hoensbroech)
- Princess Desiree of Schaumburg-Lippe (daughter of Prince Wilhelm of Schaumburg-Lippe)
- Desiree Maritta Bernadotte (daughter of Alexander-Wilhelm Bernadotte, Count Bernadotte)
- Desiree Christina von Rosenborg, Countess of Rosenborg (daughter of Valdemar Georg von Rosenborg, Count af Rosenborg)
- Desiree Martha von Rosenborg, Countess of Rosenborg (daughter of Flemming Valdemar zu Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glucksburg, Count of Rosenborg)
- Oda-Desiree, Countess of Solms-Baruth (daughter of Count Christian-Friedrich of Solms-Baruth)
- Countess Desiree of Castell-Castell
- Countess Desiree zu Herberstein
- Baroness Desiree of Pfetten-Arnbach
- Countess Desiree Schaffgotsch von und zu Kynast und Greiffenstein
- Countess Desiree von Toggenburg

A very regal name indeed. :)

Also do not forget Desiderata of the Lombards, first wife of Charlemagne, who took the name Ermengarde after the wedding. She lived in the 8th century and her formal title was Queen of the Franks. Desiderata is genuine Latin form of name, Desiree is French form, also popularized in the English-speaking world :)

You have a beautiful and unique name. The only royal with a name similar to yours that I know of was Princess Herzeleide of Prussia, the only daughter of Prince Oskar of Prussia (younger son of Emperor Wilhelm II) and his wife Countess Ina Marie von Bassewitz. I believe her nickname was actually either Zela or Zelia.

That's so cool, thank you for telling me, I never knew :flowers:

To my knowledge, No royal has the first name of Lucy. There are a couple of saints named after me but no royals.

I believe Lady Helen Taylor has Lucy as one of her names, and suspect you meant you are named after a couple of saints and not that saints named after you.

My names are Catherine Elizabeth, so a direct share with the Duchess of Cambridge and quiet a few others! ;)

To my knowledge, No royal has the first name of Lucy. There are a couple of saints named after me but no royals.
I believe Lady Helen Taylor has Lucy as one of her names, and suspect you meant you are named after a couple of saints and not that saints named after you.
Both The Duchess of Kent and her daughter Lady Helen Taylor have Ludy as their middle name. Their full names are respectively Katharine Lucy Mary and Helen Marina Lucy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom