The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-01-2004, 10:24 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
This is true of Edward. He would love to do that.

I think Margrethe would be an excellent commercial actress. She could sell anything! She is beautiful but not too beautiful. She is mature looking in a good way. She is quite personable and has a nice personality. But I agree that she would do illustrations and write books.

Silvia: Runs a charity. Not sure on what though. Maybe like the WCF. And she would run it and she would travel the world talking about their important work and they would have commercials and she´d be in it. I mean who wouldn´t want to see her on TV!

Carl Gustaf: A race car driver or the owner of a manor.

Harald would probably be like a professional sailors. I mean like doing Yacht races and the like.

Sonja. Maybe Public Relations or running a ski lodge!

Old 07-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales – President of the Soil Association, farmer & painter with his own country estate with a little shop (Charles's Country Shop, for selling his own produce and art work) and gallery (for his art and also art of other local talents) and everything
The Princess Royal – Owner of an equestrian centre and breeding farm
The Countess of Wessex – A high positions as a PR woman for something
King Carl Gustaf – Old-fashioned country manor owner (with all that goes with it)
Queen Silvia – Working for children in an international organisation
Crown Princess Victoria – Working with international relations and peacekeeping for the UN, or a farmer or a vet
Prince Carl Philip - A professional race driver, or a graphic artist
Princess Madeleine – An interior decorator
The Princess of Asturias – A household-name journalist
Crown Prince Willem-Alexander - Pilot
Crown Princess Mathilde - Speech therapist or psychologist
Queen Margrethe – She would be the centre for the cultural circles in Copenhagen. An artist, philosopher, writer, illustrator, stage set designer, costumer and translator
Prince Henrik – Diplomat and a vineyard owner
Crown Prince Fredrik - World analyst, or a professional military
Crown Princess Mary – Lawyer, advertiser or whatever of her former jobs she would decide on
Prince Joachim - Farmer
Princess Alexandra – Executive in the financial world
King Harald – Yacht fanatic and sailor, and writing some historic books on the side
Queen Sonja – Married to a billionaire, director of her own foundation for the arts
Crown Prince Haakon - Working for an international organization
Crown Prince Mette-Marit – A field worker in Africa for an international organisation
Princess Märtha-Louise – Fashion designer with her own brand and boutiques world wide

And finally, in his very own category:

Prince Ernst August of Hannover - Gigolo or a drunken bum without a wife to keep somewhat track of him (you hit the right spot, lucys&#33

Old 07-01-2004, 10:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by lucys@Jul 1st, 2004 - 7:51 pm
Doesn't Marie-Chantal design clothing for children that she sells in her own stores?

Mary worked in advertising? I'm so confused. I've heard she's a lawyer, that she was a real estate agent and that she worked for Microsoft. Now you say advertising? Which was it?

Any ideas for the Kings and Queens of Norway and Sweden?
yes you are right about Marie Chantal.

Mary never worked as a lawyer - and she didn't took bar exam- so she cannot work as a legal lawyer. She has only a degree in Commerce and Law. I really wonder why Law is given so much emphasis than Commerce when in fact she practiced the Comerce part of her degree more than Law.

For the Queen of Sweden, I think she would continue her linguistic skills - she was an interpreter when she met CG I think
Old 07-01-2004, 11:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally posted by nouwrein@Jul 1st, 2004 - 10:56 pm
For the Queen of Sweden, I think she would continue her linguistic skills - she was an interpreter when she met CG I think
Well, this would help in the running of the charity! And she could do the commercials in different languages! :P
Old 07-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Majesty

Grand Duchess Denise wanted me to pass on a message to everybody. She was screaming at me about a career for Queen Sonja. I didn´t get all of it but I did hear the words "world´s oldest profession" in there somewhere... :P
Old 07-02-2004, 03:02 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally posted by nouwrein@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 10:56 am
Mary worked in advertising? I'm so confused. I've heard she's a lawyer, that she was a real estate agent and that she worked for Microsoft. Now you say advertising? Which was it?

Mary never worked as a lawyer - and she didn't took bar exam- so she cannot work as a legal lawyer. She has only a degree in Commerce and Law. I really wonder why Law is given so much emphasis than Commerce when in fact she practiced the Comerce part of her degree more than Law.
Just because Mary didn't sit her bar exam when she finished her degree doesn't mean that she can never sit it. If she had not married Fred but had still moved to another country she would probably have had to do a year or two at a university in that country to bring her up to date with the law in that country but she could still practice law once she had done that and sat the particular country's bar exam.

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>AUSTRALIA!</span>
Old 07-02-2004, 03:30 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Chatleen@Jul 1st, 2004 - 7:34 pm
CP Mary: continued her career/working within advertising.
CP Marie-Chantal: New York jet-setter
Doesn&#39;t Marie-Chantal design clothing for children that she sells in her own stores?
I know, that she designs chothing for children, I&#39;m not sure, if she has her own stores, but it might very well be the true. I still think, she would be a New York jet-setter though - a jet-setter designing clothing for children

Quote:
Mary worked in advertising? I&#39;m so confused. I&#39;ve heard she&#39;s a lawyer, that she was a real estate agent and that she worked for Microsoft. Now you say advertising? Which was it?
According to her CV, she has a degree in commerce and law, but after that she spend to years getting certificates in advertising and marketing.

All of her jobs, except the teaching position in Paris after she met Frederik, were in the area of advertising and marketing. At Belle Property she was manager of sales, and at Navision (Microsoft) she was a consultant in communication and marketing.

She has never practised law. I think that part was made up by journalists.

Quote:
Any ideas for the Kings and Queens of Norway and Sweden?
King Harald: In his youth, a sportsman, and later a successfull businessman.
Q Sonja: secretary.
K Carl Gustaf (spelling??): official in a smallish municipality, with a secret dream of becoming racing driver.
Q Silvia: successfully employed within an international human aid organization, maybe Unicef.
Old 07-02-2004, 03:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisa@Jul 1st, 2004 - 4:02 pm
Letizia- a corporate lawyer

Yeah, right&#33;&#33; That&#39;s a good one...
Old 07-02-2004, 03:52 AM
Heir Apparent

Very interesting choices...and a bit confusing because some answer it the way, that they are born in the families in which they are born (but then without Royal duties), and some answer it the way, that it would fit to their personality, character and skills... on the other hand they would never be, what they are, without being born and raised in their families.

I would love it, if all Royals would do these test, which school kids do at a certain age, to find an occupational field...and then they should publish the results
Old 07-02-2004, 04:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by Princess Haya@Jul 2nd, 2004 - 2:02 am
Just because Mary didn&#39;t sit her bar exam when she finished her degree doesn&#39;t mean that she can never sit it.
I didn&#39;t say she can never sit in, what I said is Mary never worked as a lawyer. And that is true.
Quote:
If she had not married Fred but had still moved to another country she would probably have had to do a year or two at a university in that country to bring her up to date with the law in that country but she could still practice law once she had done that and sat the particular country&#39;s bar exam.
That is pure speculation.
Quote:
She has never practised law. I think that part was made up by journalists.
Now this is a fact.
Old 07-02-2004, 09:58 AM
Commoner

Prince Edward: Shakespeare Actor
Countess of Wessex: Public Relations
Prince William: British Olympic Swim Team
Prince Harry: Combat officer in Iraq
The Princess Royal: Something to do with horses
Peter Phillips: race car driver
Zara Phillips: runway model (actually was a serious interest until Anne vetoed it )
Duchess of York: morning chat host
Prince Andrew: spokesman for playboy
Old 01-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
And finally, in his very own category:

Prince Ernst August of Hannover - Gigolo or a drunken bum without a wife to keep somewhat track of him (you hit the right spot, lucys&#33
Well I believe Ernst August would be a very respectable citizen... since he has owned a watch shop and gallery before maybe he would do that...
Old 01-11-2005, 11:31 AM
Heir Apparent

I think you have to separate those royals who weren't born royals from those who were. Basically because they already had careers/education from before they were married:

Henrik was a diplomat,
Silvia was an interpreter
Letizia was a journalist,
Sophie worked in PR.
Mary worked in sales...
Mathilde was a speech therapist
Maxima was in business administration, or something?
Alexandra was also in business...
Sonja is actually educated in clothing design with an eye to work in her father's clothing store, but also holds an academic degree in art and french...

It makes sense that they would continue with that had they not met their royal spouses, no?
Old 01-11-2005, 12:30 PM
Courtier

Queen Elizabeth II: horse breeder
Prince Philip: admiral

I believe these are the most realistic options for them. :)
Old 01-11-2005, 10:35 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Elizabeth II also Patron or Colonei-in-Chief of Several Organizations.
Duchess of Kent is a piano teacher.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 09-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Majesty

wonder if they would come in conact with these thigs that they have as intrests if they were not royals
Old 09-09-2005, 06:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I think you have to separate those royals who weren't born royals from those who were. Basically because they already had careers/education from before they were married:

Henrik was a diplomat,
Silvia was an interpreter
Letizia was a journalist,
Sophie worked in PR.
Mary worked in sales...
Mathilde was a speech therapist
Maxima was in business administration, or something?
Alexandra was also in business...
Sonja is actually educated in clothing design with an eye to work in her father's clothing store, but also holds an academic degree in art and french...
It makes sense that they would continue with that had they not met their royal spouses, no?
I just continue:
Diana Spencer was a kindergarten teacher
Queen Noor of Jordan was a flight attendance....
Queen Rania has bachelor in economic she could become an economic analyst
Lala Salma has bachelor in informatic engineering (if my memory serves me well) she could become an engineer in informatic industry
Imperatrice Farah Pahlevi was studying architecture before married shah, she could become an architect designer.
Old 09-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Heir Apparent

Oh this is fun!!!!

Ok,
Prince Charles- a Geography/English teacher with the requisite tweed jacket and leather patches. He'd be the kind of teacher who constantly goes off topic and lives in their own fantasy world.......

Queen Rania- A successful businesswoman of sorts, you can see that she's driven and ambitious.

Princess Madeline- Possibly a glamour model or maybe a really cheesy soaps actress

Princess Letizia- a journalist

Prince Felipe- An artist, I'm not sure why but he seems incredibly gentle......

Queen Sofia- Working with children in some form, either as a nanny or perhaps a nursery school teacher as she seems so warm and caring.

Prince Harry- Something pretty full-on like a stuntman, he seems as though he likes to take risks.
Old 09-09-2005, 10:46 AM
Nobility

Princess Mary of Denmark- her usual work before she married Prince Frederick or she could be a Public Relations officer for a fashion company,

Prince Edward- A television and movie producer

The Late Princess Diana- she could have been a social worker, working for humanity..or continue to be a kindergarten teacher

Queen Elizabeth II - Suppose she's not the Queen of England, I think she'll make a good politician :)

Prince Charles - Professional Polo player,he could be a farmer,art dealer

Prince Andrew - Professional golf player

Charlotte Casiraghi- Fashion model or an actress

Princess Stephanie of Monaco- Singer or a circus performer

Princess Caroline of Monaco - she could be a movie actress like her mom..she could be a celebrity and a UN goodwill ambassador at the same time

Prince Harry- DJ at a disco club or a bar tender..

Old 09-09-2005, 01:35 PM
Serene Highness

This is a nice thread but it makes me sad that these royals can not fufill thier occupational dreams.