How Many Children Will They Have?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RoyalEnquirer

Aristocracy
City
Country
United States
I was just wondering how many children you think the Royal Couples will have and how close together they will be in age.

Belgium

Prince Philipe & Princess Matilde - I don't think they will have anymore children, but if they do I think that they will only have one more and it will be at least two more years until they do so.

Princess Astrid & Archduke Lorenz - I personally think that five children is a lot and Astrid was over 40 when she had Laetitia. I really don't think they will have anymore.

Prince Laurent & Princess Claire - It's definitely certain that these two have their hands full with two very small twins and a daughter who is only a year or so old. If they have anymore, I think that it won't be for quite sometime. I think they will wait at least two or three years before having anymore.

Denmark

Prince Frederik & Princess Mary - I think they will definitely have another child. I see a possible announcement of a pregnany by the end of this year. I think that they will at least have one or two more children.

Prince Joachim - Well it will all depend on whether he gets remarried or not. If he does, depending on the age of his wife, I do see him possibly having one or two more children.

Great Britain

I don't think that any of Queen Elizabeth's children will have any more children with the exception of Prince Edward.

Prince Edward & Sophie Rhys-Jones - I know that they had problems with little Louise, but I do think they will try and have one more baby. Maybe in the very near future.

The Netherlands

Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Maxima - I can see them having at least one more child. Maybe in two years or so. It would be nice to see them have a little boy.

Prince Johan Friso & Princess Mabel - Obviously these two are expecting their second child this year, and I do think they will have more after this one, but I think it will be at least two or three years after this one. Luana and the new baby will be very close in age!

Prince Constantijn & Princess Laurentien - They are also expecting this year. It is their third child, which I speculate will be their last, though you never know!

Norway

Princess Märtha Louise & Ari Behn - They have two lovely daughters, and I think it's a good possiblity they will have one more. Märtha is still fairly young and could sucessfull have a healthy baby in two years.

Prince Haakon & Mette-Marit - I would love to see these two have at least one more baby. They are so fun to watch with their babies. Though it would be Mette-Marit's fourth child, I think she really enjoys being a mom. Maybe in two or three years they will have another.

Spain

Infanta Elena & Jaime de Marichalar - I don't think they will any have more. They seem happy with their two children, but anything is possible!

Infanta Cristina & Iñaki Urdangarin - I think they four is a pretty large number of children. They really seem to love being parents. I kind of doubt they will have anymore, but maybe they will try to even the number a little more with another girl!

Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia - They will definitely have at least one more child. I would like to see them have two more though. Leonor is such a beautiful baby! I see another baby in two years or so.

I know I left out some families, but I am more farmiliar with the ones listed above. Feel free to add your comments about the other Royal families!

Emily :)

Last edited:
Looking into my crystal ball... these are my predictions about the possible future children of the crown princely couples!

CP Philippe & CP Mathilde - I can see them having a large family (by today's standards, that is) of five children. Maybe there will be another pregnancy late this year or sometime next year!

CP Frederik & CP Mary - Some (slightly questionable) Australian women's magazines are claiming that there is already another "joey in the pouch." But these were the same magazines stating that Mary was definitely going to have a little girl. I think they'll have another two, and that the second won't be too long in coming because parenthood appears to suit them both very well.

CP Willem-Alexander & CP Maxima - I think these two would probably want a little prince as well, so I think they'll have at least one more baby in the next couple of years... but probably more! :D

CP Haakon & CP Mette-Marit - I could see them wanting another girl, and I hope they do have one since Ingrid-Alexandra is so adorable.

CP Felipe & CP Letizia - I think they will have one or two more children over the next few years... perhaps a little brother or two for Leonor?
:)

Belgium
Crown Prince Phillipe and Crown Princess Mathilde-I think they will have one more child. Mathilde is only 33. I think it may be a year or so until they have it though.
Princess Astrid and Prince Lorenz-I think they are done.
Prince Laurent and Princess Claire-I think they will have one more, but not for a few years. Maybe once Louise and the twins are getting close to school age.
Denmark
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary-I think they will end up with three kids total.
Prince Joachim-I could see him having one more child if he remarries a woman who is fairly young.
Princess Alexandra-Even if she remarries, I don't think she'll have any more kids. She turns 42 this year.
Great Britain
Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex-I think that they will have one more child.
The Netherlands
Crown Prince Willem-Alexander and Crown Princess Maxima-I think they will have one maybe two more.
Prince Johan-Friso and Princess Mabel-One more, but not for a few years after this upcoming baby.
Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien-I think this upcoming baby will be their last. She's in her 40's, I think, and they have both a boy and a girl.
Norway
Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit-I think they will have one more. Hopefully they will have a girl and have the perfect match of two boys and two girls!
Princess Martha Louise and Ari Behn-I think they will have one more child.
Spain
Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia-I think they will end up with four total kids.
I think both Infantas are done having children.

Felipe has said that he and Letizia would like to have more than 3 kids but less than five, so the possibilities are HUGE for them to keep making the family grow (The Kings already have 7 grandchildren)

crisiñaki said:
Felipe has said that he and Letizia would like to have more than 3 kids but less than five, so the possibilities are HUGE for them to keep making the family grow (The Kings already have 7 grandchildren)
Actually he said "more than two, less than five".

planetcher said:
Actually he said "more than two, less than five".
Thanks for the correction, a little "impasse":eek:

Here's kinda hoping that Alexandra of Denmark and her Martin will have a cute baby girl by the end of 2006!
So what that she's 42?!! There's still time. Or else she could always pull an 'Angelina' and adopt..

In no order really:

Mary & Frederik: I think maybe a total of either 2 or 4 kids...I really can't decide which one :rolleyes:
Mette-Marit & Haakon: I think maybe they will have one more. Either it'll be a few years down the road (maybe 3 or 4) or in about a year & half we will hear that she is pregnant again.
Sophie & Edward: I hope they announce they are expecting...it would be nice. If they do end up pregnant again I think they will only have 1 more.
Martha-Louise & Ari: I could see them having at least 2 more.
Mathilde & Philippe: I could see them having 2 more (5 kids just like his sister)
Claire & Laurent: I could see them having maybe 2 more as well. Not for a few years though....espec. with having 3 kids under the age of 2 :eek:
Maxima & Willem-Alexander: I could see them having one more....maybe try for a boy.
Mabel & Johan Frisco: After this one I think they will stop.....I don't know why but thats just the feeling I get.
Laurentien & Constantijn: I think 3 is enough for them as well.
Letizia & Felipe: I could see them having 3 or 4 kids total
Cristina & Iñaki: I have a feeling the might try & have one more

Hmm,

Rania and Abdullah- I think they will stick with their 4.
Edward and Sophie- Maybe another 1 but definitely no more after that.
Felipe and Letizia- 3/4
Mary and Frederick- 2
Maxima and Willem-Alexander- Definitely another 1, but they might even have 1 more after that!
Rym and Ali- 3
Mette-Marit and Haakon- 1 more and then that will probably be it
Marie-Chantal and Pavlos- Another 1 maybe?!

Phillipe and Mathilde: will have 1 or 2 more children
Lorenz & Astrid: no more
Laurent and Claire, done for now, maybe another one in some years.
Haakon and Mette-Marit: will have one more child
Martha-Louise and Ari: one or two more
Sophie and Edward: done, due to health reasons.
Willem-Alexander and Maxima: two more (girls I expect)
Friso and Mabel: no more children after this one.
Constantijn and Laurentien: no more children after this one.
Elena & Jaime: done
Cristina and Inaki: maybe one more
Felipe and Letizia: 3 more
Frederik and Mary: 2 more
Joachim, if he remarries a younger woman, max. two more children.
Alois and Sophie: one more.
Pavlos and Marie-Chantal: one more.

Phillipe and Mathilde: one or two more
Lorenz & Astrid: no new children
Laurent and Claire: no new children
Haakon and Mette-Marit: one more
Martha-Louise and Ari: one more
Sophie and Edward: no new children
Willem-Alexander and Maxima: two more (I hope)
Friso and Mabel: no new children after the new baby.
Constantijn and Laurentien: no new children after the new baby
Maurits and Marilene: no new children
Bernhard & Annette: one more child
P-C & Anita: three children
Floris & Aimee: two children
Elena & Jaime: no new children
Cristina and Inaki: no new children
Felipe and Letizia: two more
Frederik and Mary: one more
Joachim: no new children

Joachim: 1 or 2 children more if he remarried
Frederik and Mary: 1 or 2 more kids
Felipe and Letizia: 2 more
Cristina and Inaki: maybe one more.but i don´t believe it
Elena and Jaime: no more
Willem and Maxima: 1 or 2 babies more
Friso and Mabel: maybe one more after this child.
Constantijn and Laurentien: no child more
Edward and Sophie: no baby more (itßs to danger)
Haakon and Mette-Marit: i don´t really know....maybe one more.but i think more that they´ll become no more child
Märtha and Ari: maybe 1 more
Laurent and Claire: no more
Astrid and Lorenz: no more child
Philippe and Mathilde: i could imagine the couple with 4 or 5 children. well...i think 1 or 2 more babies

Mary & Frederik: I think they will end up with 4 kids
Mette Marit & Haakon: 2 more baby. A girl and a boy
Martha Louise & Ari : No more baby
Mathilde & Philippe: 2 more baby
Letizia & Felipe: 3 more baby. 2 girls and 1 boy
Cristina & Inaki: I think they are done.
Laurentien & Constantijn: After the new baby, they are done.
Mabel & Johan Friso: 2 more baby. All girls
Maxima & Willem Alexander: 2 more baby, 2 boys
Claire & Laurent:I think they are done.
Joachim: If he remarried, he will have 1 baby
Elena & Jamie: They are done
Edward & Sophie:1 more baby
Pavlos & Marie Chantal: 1 or 2 baby

I think that :

Mary and Frederick will have one more baby if this baby is a girl , otherwise they will have two more babies

Letizia and Felipe will have two or three more babies

Maxima and W-A will have one more baby

Mette-Marit and Haakon will have maybe one more baby , but it's a doubt .

Mathilde and Philip will have at least one more baby . And I think they will have a fifth baby like Astrid did , when the other children are a bit older

Christina and Elena will have no more babies

Martha-Louise will have one more baby

Laurentien will have no more babies after this third one

Mabel maybe will have a third baby

Mariléne will have no more babies , or she will have to quit working:)

Mary & Frederik: I think they will have one more child. Mary will probably wait until their new one is old enough maybe 2 or 3 and by that time she will be quite up there in age so I think that's why they will only have one more.

Mette-Marit & Haakon: I think they will have a few more, maybe 2 or 3 more, Mette Marit said to someone at a event when she was pregnant with A-I that they the pressure of the media would be hard on the future little ones. So I think maybe 2 or three more.

Sophie & Edward: Again, Sophie is getting up there in age isn't she almost 40? or 40? And since it was so hard for her to get pregnant the first time I think they might stay how they are now or try for another one. They say it's harder to have children when women get into their 40's and up.

Martha-Louise & Ari: I think they might have one more. I think three would be perfect for them, maybe to try for a little boy :)

Mathilde & Philippe: I think they also might have 1 or 2 more.

Claire & Laurent: Twins is a handful I think since they are young they might have one more.

Maxima & Willem-Alexander: I think they will probably have a few more maybe 2 more.

Mabel & Johan Frisco: I think they might have one more.

Laurentien & Constantijn: They will probably have 2 more. It seems like she gets pregnant every year!

Letizia & Felipe: I see them having one more, again the age factor for women it's harder to have kids when you get older and since they got married so late in life and they will probably wait til Leonor gets older it might be harder by then.

Cristina & Iñaki: I think since they have a girl now they might stop. Don't they have five already?

Cristina & Iñaki have 4 kids: Juan, Pablo, Miguel and Irene; my guess is that they were looking for a girl, now that they have her, they are done having children

i would agree with posts

Great Britian
Sophie,Countess of Wessex - she cant have any children anymore because she had collaspe at her home and little Louise was born early as prematures at 4lbs but i think Sophie wanted trying to have another baby she wanted it if she would confirm from palace when approve from HM Queen for official because Sophie at her 40 years old but still wait for official annoucement.

Denmark
Crown Princess Mary - she would have trying have another baby girls i would have agree with posts because she given birth firstborn son but she would still wait for carry baby girls she would fingers cross to have baby girls.
but im sure Crown Princess would have more children i would like see more pregnant Crown Princess who would be next of carry Mary's baby?
Prince Joachim - maybe he would getting married again or not because he still seeking for new girlfriend after Princess Alexandra when he marry to Princess Alexandra since 1995-2004 but im sure he would like chose new Princess or not we have wait and see what happened.

Netherlands
Crown Princess Maxima - she would like to have another baby because she already two girls and if she would trying to another girls if her husband dont mind like her mum-in-law who have 3 sister or she would carry baby boy i would agree with posts what they're talking about it if she not carry boy she would have baby girls i love girls!
P-C & Anita - whatever both would like have children one days since got married if both wanted more children about 3 or 4 what couple wanted its their decide to have more children no matter what wanted it.
Floris & Aimee - dont mind if both couple would like to have children one days if wanted raise more children 3 or 4 what couple wanted its their decide to have children no matter what wanted it.
Laurentien & Constantijn - the couple really great raise two kids but they now the Princess expecting thrid child but no matter the Princess would having girls or boy what she have we have wait and see at birth in June 2006

Spain
Felipe and Letizia - both really great parents of baby Lenor who born early on Oct.31st but i think if Letizia would like to have another child if she wanted to pregnant or not wait till Lenor become 1 years old
Cristina & Iñaki - enough to have baby! because of birth Irene in June 2005 if Cristina wanted more baby that her choice.
Elena and Jaime - no more children but im not sure how much she have children?

Belgium
Crown Prince Phillipe and Crown Princess Mathilde - trying one more baby girls and FINALLY! 2 girls and 2 boys
Astrid and Lorenz - no more children because of 5 enough
Laurent and Claire - one more baby girls and FINALLY

Norway
Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Merit-Marit - trying one more baby girls and finally raise 2 boys and 2 girls will be great
Princess Martha-Louise and Ari - trying one more baby because couple raise two fine girls if she would try another baby if she would carry boy or girls we have wait and see

According to your predicitions, it looks like we are going to have lots and lots of royal babies to look forward to in the future! :)

One more for Edward and Sophie Wessex(a boy)
maybe one more(a boy)for Filip and Mathilde of Belgium(in about 2 years)
another boy for Mary and Fred of Denmark but not for about 2 years also
No more for Maxima and Wilem Alexander
one more for Felipe and Letizia in 1-2 years

no more for astrid
maybe one more for laurent and claire, but only in four years
maybe one more for philippe and mathilde in two years ( i would like another girl)

Máxima and willem-a willl have one more. maybe two?
laurentien and constantijn are done after the new one. i think it will be a boy!
mabel and johan-friso... maybe one more, but maybe not.

I think no more for eward and sophie.

mary and frederik will have their next child in 2007. maybe they will have 3 or 4 total.
letizia and felipe will have 2 or3. The next one 2007 or 2008.

i thought mette-marit and haakon are maybe done, but they said something like they would maybe want more children. So... maybe one more in two years? Another girl would be great.
märtha louise will have one more in april 2007, a girl.;)
i think both elena and cristina are done. i think cristina is happy that she finally got her girl.

joachim has two boys, but maybe he remarries and his wife might want children. if that's the case, two or three more.

rania might have one more.. in three years.
i would like to have sayako a baby in a year or two. maybe twins, a boy and a girl! :)

I am really surprises about the number of children everyone gets from you...
Those are going to be really big families! Wishfull thinking?
Well here is mine;
Mary and Frederik: two more.
Mette-marit and Haakon: one more
Maxima and wa: one more.
Mathilde and filip: done.
Rania and abdullah: done.
Martha-louise and Ari: one or two more.
Mabel and Friso: after this one, another one :D
Marilene and maurits: done.
laurentien and constantijn: done
Annette and Bernhard: one more.
Anita and Christiaan; three
Aimee and Floris (not in near future)one or two
Letizia and Felipe: two more.
Christina and Inaki. done.

I think it's funny in The Netherlands , that the crownprince/princess has always the same sex of children

Julianna has 4 girls
Beatrix has 3 boys
SO maybe W-A will have only girls....

And all the other princes have first a girl and then a boy , except for W-A and Maxima

Anna-Lucas- Felicia
Eloise-Claus Casimir
Isabella-Sam
Luna
Amalia-Alexia

I hope WA and Maxima have another daughter so that it will be 3 little princesses in their family. I think that would be adorable!

I hope WA and Maxima have 2 more girls

And Felipe and Letizia at least 2 more

Last edited by a moderator:
Well here is my prediction,
Mary & Frederik: two more.
Mette-Marit & Haakon: one more
Maxima & W.A: one more.
Mathilde & filip: done.
Sophie & Edward: done (due to health reasons)
Rania & abdullah: done.
Märtha-louise & Ari: one more.
Mabel & Friso: after this one, maybe another one.
Marilene & maurits: done.
laurentien & constantijn: done
Laetizia & Felipe: only one more (due to health reasons)
Christina & Inaki: done.
Elena & Jaime: done.

I wish that Sophie could have one more child. I do not know if she can or not, there could be a problem.:(

If William Marries Kate wonder what their names and gender will be if they do marry and have a child itll be the Queens first Great GrandChild and if the child is born in the Queens time on the throne what will its title Thanks in Advance

My guesses.

Frederik & Mary: Two more (girls).
Haakon & Mette-Mary: One more (a girl).
Martha & Ari: One more (a boy).
Victoria & Daniel: 3 (boy-girl-boy).
Sophie & Edward: Done.
Willem-Alexander & Máxima: One more (a girl).
Friso and Mabel: Done after this one (a boy).
Constantijn and Laurentien: Done after this one (a girl).
Philippe and Mathilde: Maybe one more (a boy).
Astrid & Lorenz: Done.
Laurent & Claire: One more (a girl).
Felipe & Letizia: Two more (girl-boy).
Elena & Jaime: Done.
Cristína & Inaki: Done.

Lila Rose said:
I think it's funny in The Netherlands , that the crownprince/princess has always the same sex of children

Julianna has 4 girls
Beatrix has 3 boys
SO maybe W-A will have only girls....

And all the other princes have first a girl and then a boy , except for W-A and Maxima

Anna-Lucas- Felicia
Eloise-Claus Casimir
Isabella-Sam
Luna
Amalia-Alexia

Don't forget Princess Margriet--4 boys

Back
Top Bottom