How / Why did you get interested in royalty?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hillary_nugent said:
Are most of people monarchists now that they're fans of royals? i love certain royals but i'm still not certain if i would want Australia to still be part of the Commonwealth...

its hard to admire to meet Royals!

when i met Prince Charles i like him lots i shake him but mostly people who lived in England,Spain,Norway,Jordan,etc who are Royal families.

mostly people loved Princess Diana lots since she been enter Royal Family for 15 years till she died in 1997 because Diana was popular Princess because she is Queen's hearts and people's princess,children's princess but the PM Tony Blair called Diana as people's princess when Diana's died.

mostly people like Royals lots! you would like it!

Sara Boyce

Interested In Royalty

For how long have you been interested in royalty?

At a very sad occasion: Diana´s death

Hmm, never seen this thread before. I actually got interested in royalty when I stumbled across this site. I'm a political science major, and at my other university we had to write a paper on different monarchies. When researching this, I came across this site and became intrigued. After my paper was finished, I came back to this site and started reading the different threads. From that moment on, I was hooked. I think I like everything about it. I am a huge gossip monger who reads People Magazine religiously, so I like that aspect of it. I also love the glitz and the glamour as well as the castles. I also like the human aspect of it. I used to think of princes and princesses as people who sat locked up in their castles, wearing their tiaras to the breakfast table and sat around bossing others around. I came to find out the exact opposite. In fact, some seem more down to earth than some people that I know.

I am not very interested in royality, but it started when my friend told me about this forum, and asked me to read about some topics, then I found it a good website to know the news of the jordanian royals especially the weddings while I was not in jordan, away from the events, a day after day i get interested in discussions. For some time I did not post, but finally I decided to post .

Last edited:
I am interested in the backgroung of the Royal families. Already in my teens, also a long time ago, I used to draw family trees of Royals. One of my ideas was to "collect" all royals on the branches of the family tree. When I read books of royals I wrote down the relationships between different persons and so my tree grow greater and greater.
About ten years ago I learned to know Internet and the first search I made was "royal genealog*", and I found this address: http://ftp.cac.psu.edu/~saw/royal/royalgen.html . After that I found other addresses to royals. I was exalted, but, alas, also my dream of a self made royal family tree was gone... But I got lots and lots of new information for my hobby. And later on I found new pictures of old days and by-gone royals. Now my royal family tree has a long time been quite untachted, but perhaps, once, when I have time, I'll continue with it. Perhaps, once again.

Last edited:
Gabriella said:
I used to think of princes and princesses as people who sat locked up in their castles, wearing their tiaras to the breakfast table and sat around bossing others around. I came to find out the exact opposite. In fact, some seem more down to earth than some people that I know.

Oh, Gabriella! How I laughed, when I read your text about princesses wearing tiaras already at the breakfast.
You forgot the nighties and pyjamas with big glittering diamonds sewn on them ...

Well, to be quite honest I can't remember a time when I haven't been interested in the royals. It's always been a fascinating subject to me, and I've enjoyed reading about them, or watching them on television, very much.

Since Norway's been a monarchy since before Harald Fairhair united the country in the battle of Hafrsfjord, it's also a matter of history. I'm very interested in history, and more of the royal history than that of the peasants. I've been a large fan of Mary, queen of Scots, Elizabeth I, and various other royals from a long time ago.

The fascinating part about being a royal watcher today also comes from seeing the past unified with the present. And of course, the pretty dresses.

im interest of Princess Diana when she died in 1997 my old teacher asked me still dwelled me thinking about Princess Diana but i like Princess Diana of course no matter for me but i never met her before she died when i was 15 or 16 year old when i watch tv and magazine i never knew that many people look over flowers more millions in London and near Althorp where Diana was grew-up still look at flowers cant think about her lots! and also in USA include New York,Chicago where Diana attend visit for fund-raiser many people will touch with Diana lots.

its more worse for Princess Diana in 7 years ago its more happened when she got killed in car accident in Paris,France i cant think about it.

Sara Boyce

:D i only really became interested in royality when my sister told me about this site... its amazing how much info and knowledge we can get when everyone is sharing what they know... the royal i have always looked up to was Princess Diana, she was so special and had one of the biggest hearts, she really did care and was charming at the same time...:(

Well, nobody in my family knows I'm interested in royals...
The first royal I ever heard of was Diana, when she died. Maybe a year ago, I started reading Hola! and Hello! on the Internet and I ofund quite a few sites about royalty, mostly forums. I loved les Tribunes Royales, and earlier this month, I thought : it's quite interesting to talk about royals, give your opinion about this and that, etc..., so why wouldn't I register on TRF? So I did... I am really curious to know everything (some of you maybe know that...), especially the castles : how thw rooms are decorated, "placed", if you see what I mean.

So that's it, I am curious about the royals, their life, everithing!!

My interest is partially genetic- my grandmother was and mother still is a fan of the British Royal family. I grew up with their names and news a part of life- these people became almost familiar. I still remember postponing Christmas Dinner so we could watch the Queen's message!

I remember the day that interest in Royals became MY interest- May 8, 1986. That was the day I met Diana. She was gracious, kind, had an infectious giggle and came up to me in a long line of performers (following a music recital) to talk about what I had played and her own memories of piano lessons. We spoke for probably just a few minutes, but in that time she made me, a rather shy and awkward young woman, feel like I was SO important to her. I was absolutely charmed by her.

In the past 5 years, I have expanded my interest to all of the European royals because of the wonderful group of young women who have married into these families and brought much-needed breaths of fresh air. I am very interested in how these women are shaping the history and cultures of the world. As a social scientist, I'm fascinated by how these individuals have significant choices about how to handle their social power- and how many of them DO make meaningful contributions.

Selfishly.....what girl doesn't dream about being a princess? I'm also one who dreamed about those tiaras at breakfast and diamonds on my pyjamas! I'm not too afraid to admit I'm also interested in the fashion, jewells, glamour and society life that comes with being royal. And that Prince Charming to scoop me up and carry me into the sunset......!

Eliza

royals mad

hi!
I would like to know when any of you started to be intersted in Royals and why . are you interest in royals more important than celibrities like actors and singers. What your family and friends think about your interest in royals. My friends think it is dumb and think I am a lunatic this is why I am glad to have found this forum with poeple who share my interest.

thanks.

Last edited:
Hi Clarita,

My interest started with Diana, Princess of Wales a very long time ago. Actually, I am a "closet" royal watcher. Not many people I know know about my interest in the royals.

Same here, it all started with Diana and, as Ennyllorac said, not too many people that I know is aware of this interest of mine for the Royalty, simply because they are, in the majority, only aware of the British Royal Family existence....

Yes,i was attracted by Royalty when i first see Queen Elizabeth II from the book"Famous Women all over the world".And after i read,find about her life since 1999,i admire her so much,i'm very interested in Royals especiallly THe Windsors.My sister always says that why there are a lot of young and lovely girls,singers why don't i like,i like an old lady!She does not understand.That is my interest,my favourite,!I have done a lot of things about Royals and an album with more than 500 photos all about life,works,..of The Windsors.

When I was 13, HM The Queen and HRH the Duke of
Edinburgh visited the U.S. and Canada (Oct 1957).

I saw her on TV and thought
she was the most beautiful and fascinating person I'd
ever seen.

My interest and admiration date from then.
I began saving newspaper and magazine clippings in
scrapbooks and buying books about them, a hobby I've
continued ever since.

Well, we've always liked Royalties and been interested in them and so, but it wasn't until the Crownprincely wedding here in denmark earlier this year that we got really interested :D And since then, for the last 6 months, we've been completely obsessed with them!

And yes, we do like Royalties more than normal celebrities - they're just much more interesting!
Our family don't have much to say about it, except from when we might get a bit too obsessed about it....but they let us buy magazines, go to see them and so!
Our friends thinks it's rather weird, but they don't have that much to say about it! Though it's sometimes nice that they know who to ask if they have a question about anything Royal - the class discussions about it always gets a bit more exciting when you know the facts are true :D

For me, I became interested in Royalty when Princess Diana died. I saw the Queen and her family standing outside the Palace watching Diana's casket and I was hooked. The mystique (?) of royalty has been my interest ever since. Not many people know about my interest and the few that do are very supportive. I have collected just about anything I can find on them. I have also started a book about them and that has me "on my toes" about what goes on in the wonderful world of royalty.

My interest in Royalty begun during the wedding of Prince Charles and Princess Diana. I was so besotted by her beauty, youth and the grandeur of the wedding itself. I really thought, wow a real fairy tale. Since then, I realized I was so hooked with the British Royalty.

i being hooked as British Royal Family but my favorite is Princess Diana but im been collectors of books and videos since her death i been watch her funeral television in 1997 my mother watch of Princess Diana's casket 7 years ago when Diana bring home from Paris,France to London,England for pre-funeral processional but i cant think of Princess Diana for 7 years! let Princess Diana rest in peace.

and i really like Prince William because he really cute! im been collectors of books and videos also.

i been watch Earl and Countess of Wessex's wedding videos its really beautiful ceremony my Aunt send me of videos but my Aunt copy for me that great! when i read notes from my aunt said Countess of Wessex's wedding dress really beautiful!

and final! i watch copy video of my own! my mother copy for me of HM Queen Mother's funeral services and procession but HM Queen Mother very sweet woman and she very alive till she was 101 years old but let HM Queen Mother rest in peace.

Sara Boyce

HMQueenElizabethII said:
Yes,i was attracted by Royalty when i first see Queen Elizabeth II from the book"Famous Women all over the world".And after i read,find about her life since 1999,i admire her so much,i'm very interested in Royals especiallly THe Windsors.My sister always says that why there are a lot of young and lovely girls,singers why don't i like,i like an old lady!She does not understand.That is my interest,my favourite,!I have done a lot of things about Royals and an album with more than 500 photos all about life,works,..of The Windsors.

:eek: Wow! It's the same for me: I have been looking for pictures and informations about The Queen since 1999! (I bought my computer that year.) I don't like any celebrities but the Queen and her family. I simply adore her!
Now I have something like 2000 pictures of her or more (and the number is growing...)
My family don't understand me and think I'm a little mad.

Some differences: I can't remember when I "met" her for the first time, but I think it was about in the middle of '80s, when I was 4-6 years old, or even before that; I don't know where: perhaps I saw her on TV or in a magazine (I'm Italian: it's not so easy to see her here.) But I know that I liked her immediately. :)

Oh,ElisaR,You have more than 2000 pictures of The Queen!The same as me too.I'm very interested in British Royal Family,especially The Queen.I almost go to Internet everyday,seeing her engagements in public.I love her,her outfits(very beautiful) and admire her so much. She has done a lot of achivements.She is Queen for 52 years,she has done a lot of things for UK.Love her so much!
GOD SAVE OUR GRACIOUS MAJESTY!

(I've just sent you a message.)

I always go in the Internet to see her engagements too, and I try to find good pictures (that is sometimes difficult).

But now I really have to go to bed! Bye!

You are lucky to have had the internet to assist you since the beginning of your interest. When I started in 1957, there was no internet of course. Lol, I had about 40 years of collecting "offline" so to speak. Still, I have managed to fill about 25 thick scrapbooks with articles & pictures. In fact, I neglected scrapbooking for about 25 years (husband, kids, etc) so have all those years of clippings sitting in files & boxes. I'm determined to get more scrapbooks & get that up-to-date. I have no idea how many pictures that means I have. I've also built up a library of over 150 books about Her Majesty and her family. And 15 or so videos.

I became interested in the Royals in 1981 with the engagement of Charles and Diana. At that time I was working with a young woman who had transferred to our office from England. She thought the British royals a "rather dull lot" but indulged my interest in Diana and her clothes, and patiently explained the whole who's who of dukes and viscounts, etc. On the day of the wedding she "laid on" a wonderful tea for all of us in the office and we reviewed the wedding on video and I was hooked! My interest gradually spread to a general interest in British royalty and then the whole history of royalty. One of my sisters then lived in England for a period of time and she got me a subscription to Majesty. Through that I began to follow the travels of the British Royal Family and I became interested in the European royalty they sometimes visited. And now with the internet -- there is just a wealth of information, in addition to some exciting new additions to current royals, Alexandra of Denmark, Mathilde of Belgium and Letizia of Spain being three I am especially interested in. So that's how I got interested!

I become interested in royals when Princess Alexandra was engaged with Prince Jochiam...it was really BIG BIG news in Hong Kong ...i mean...a 1/4 chinese women became a princess....no one would ever imagine a chinese women can marry into an european royal family (actually is europe's oldest monarchy too).... how suprising....
after that.....i became more and more aware of roayls from different countries ...

now....i'm especially interested in of course Princess Alexandra of Denmark...Crown Princess Letizia of Spain and Diana, the Princess of Wales, and her two handsome sons... Prince William & Harry....

I've always loved palaces and castles so naturally royalties were involed but it really started when i lay eyes on Pierre Casiraghi and then i started following the royals of Monaco and then i found this forum and found the Luxembourg and Belgium vastly interesting....of course the wedding of MAry Donalson to Prince Frederick further fueled my interest ^___^

I started being interested in royals when Princess Maxima got engaged, because she is from Argentina, where i live.,

I always was interested in Palaces and Castles, because they seems like ... ok, don't laugh... Cinderella Story. And now I'm just an adolescent and I being interested in royal people with the "New Generation of Princes" I mean, Pierre Casiraghi, William and Henry of England, Imre of Austria and of course my favourite: Amedeo. Also this interest was extended to other royal people like Crown Princess Victoria or Louis Alphonse of Bourbon...

Back
Top Bottom