Heights of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i thought letizia was really short. like 5'2" to 5'3" .

lamass said:
I think she's more like 5'6" or 5'7". Basically everyone will look that short next to Felipe (except Eva Sannum).

Josefine said:
is william that tall?

yes he is tall also he is 6'4 in Britain historian the people in the news says that

Sara Boyce

sara1981 said:
yes he is tall also he is 6'4 in Britain historian the people in the news says that

Sara Boyce
I think he'll set a new record for tallest King of England/Britain. I think Edward I (Longshanks) holds the record at 6' 2". Charles I was the shortest at 5' 1" (Dang, that's shorter than me, quite an "accomplishment") :rolleyes:

uau william is pretty tall and sexy I love him xD
thats people r very very tall im only 165cm :(

Last edited:
How about Queen Margrethe?Anyone know about her height?Is she as tall as 2 metres?

Margrethe is either 5'11" or 6'1" A column in Roskilde Church where the Kings of Denmark are buried has height markings for several monarchs. Christian I was tallest followed by Peter the Great who was 6'8" or so. The next tallest was Christian X, Margrethe's grandfather who was around 6'6-6'7.

You have to scroll down a bit to get the heights.

http://www.roskildedomkirke.dk/dk/engelsk_version.asp

Wow! I didn't know Queen Margrethe was so tall. I always read that Diana was 5'10.5 and that Charles was an even 5'10.

It's interesting to know Rania is at such an average height. People always see her towering over her husband and figure she's taller, but I noticed that aside from him, the towering was left to other people. So Abdullah must be even smaller than I imagined! Will I be able to find that height thread if I look in the Jordanian section? If not, how tall is Queen Noor?

ysbel said:
Margrethe is either 5'11" or 6'1" A column in Roskilde Church where the Kings of Denmark are buried has height markings for several monarchs. Christian I was tallest followed by Peter the Great who was 6'8" or so. The next tallest was Christian X, Margrethe's grandfather who was around 6'6-6'7.

Thanks you for the information,ysbel.It's really great,Queen Margrethe is too much tall.

ysbel said:

In the list there are the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Windsor. :confused:

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II is 5'4". Princess Margaret was 5'2".

An interesting side note: Matilda, the consort to William the Conqueror was only 4'2"!!!

ElisaR said:
In the list there are the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Windsor. :confused:

Elisa, apparently at Roskilde they mark the heights of the royals in person - like you do with your kids on the bathroom door.

That's why I'm guessing you don't see more foreign royals - they didn't make it over there. Peter the Great visited Denmark sometime in his reign so I assume his height was taken then. The Duke of Gloucester married a Danish woman and they may have made a state visit; that's the only explanation I can think of.

I don't know whether the Duke of Windsor visited Denmark when he was King or not. If he visited as Prince of Wales they may have taken his height anyway expecting him to be King someday. They did that with Heir Presumptive Knud even though the Danish succession laws later changed to take him out of line.

EIIR is 5'2" barefoot (the website lists her height when she's wearing shoes). Her mother and sister were 5' (though some say Margaret was just under 5').
William is 6'3" but Longshanks was 6'4" so he won't be the tallest British monarch.
Harry's 6'2".
Charles is 5'10" and Diana was 5'10 1/2".
Andrew is the tallest of EIIR's sons, and he's around 5'11" or 6'.
Edward seems to be the same height as Charles.

The Duke of Windsor didn't make any state visits in his 11 months as king. Court mourning would have kept him in Britain for 3-6 months, until around July 1936, so the height was probably marked while his father was still on the throne.

The Duke of Gloucester has visited Denmark several times and attended Alexandra zu SWB's wedding, but he's never made a state visit. Only monarchs can make state visits, but he's been sent to Scandinavia for official visits before.

Hereditary Prince Knud wasn't taken out of line to the throne, his nieces were added to the line and moved ahead of him. He had succession rights until his death.

Anyone know the height of the Duchess of Cornwall and the Duchess of Gloucester?

kelly9480 said:
EIIR is 5'2" barefoot (the website lists her height when she's wearing shoes). Her mother and sister were 5' (though some say Margaret was just under 5').
William is 6'3" but Longshanks was 6'4" so he won't be the tallest British monarch.
Harry's 6'2".
Charles is 5'10" and Diana was 5'10 1/2".
Andrew is the tallest of EIIR's sons, and he's around 5'11" or 6'.
Edward seems to be the same height as Charles.

The Duke of Windsor didn't make any state visits in his 11 months as king. Court mourning would have kept him in Britain for 3-6 months, until around July 1936, so the height was probably marked while his father was still on the throne.

The Duke of Gloucester has visited Denmark several times and attended Alexandra zu SWB's wedding, but he's never made a state visit. Only monarchs can make state visits, but he's been sent to Scandinavia for official visits before.

Hereditary Prince Knud wasn't taken out of line to the throne, his nieces were added to the line and moved ahead of him. He had succession rights until his death.

Thanks Kelly,so the Queen will be about 157.48 cm.

Do not forget that people tends to «shrink» with time... so Queen Elizabeth might have been 5'4'' at one point in her life. Maybe a streched 5'4'' like me but still a 5'4''. My own mother was 5' even for most of her life but now I doubt it (though she holds on tight to her 5' hihihi).

Princess BellyFlop said:
Do not forget that people tends to «shrink» with time... so Queen Elizabeth might have been 5'4'' at one point in her life. Maybe a streched 5'4'' like me but still a 5'4''. My own mother was 5' even for most of her life but now I doubt it (though she holds on tight to her 5' hihihi).

You are absolutely correct Princess Belly Flop (by the way, I love the name:p).
My father was 5'9" in his youth, but he has shrunk and is now my height of 5'5" tall. I always tell him he has shrunk, but he gets all male macho on me!!:p :p My mother laughs, she knows he has shrunk in height!!:D Mom is still the same height of 5'1" though, but she is 7 years younger than Dad. It is amazing with such short parents I got to 5'5" and my brother to 6'1". I think our grandfathers gave us a height boost with their genes!!

lamass said:

I don't think that she is short, but more of average height. Around 5'4" or 5'5". With heels, she is about 5'7" or 5'8". But, I don't think that this is actually her height without heels as one poster stated. It would seem to me that if Letizia were actually that height, then she would appear taller when standing next to Felipe who is about 6'4". But, there is an obvious gap in their heights to me in pictures.

Sarah Fergurson 5'8
Queen Rania 5'7
CP Victoria of Sweden 5'6
Prince Ali of Jordan 5'6

kelly9480 said:

William will be the tallest British monarch. Longshanks wasn't a British monarch, only those who reigned after 1707 can be termed that.

Mary Queen of Scots was 6' and Queen Salote of Tonga was 6'2". In the early days of her reign she used to dress "European style" to open her parliament so with high heels and her crown she stood 7' tall. In later years she wore traditional Tongan dress.

Attachments

• Queen Salote 1.jpg
    Queen Salote 1.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 1,655
  • Queen Salote 2.jpg
    Queen Salote 2.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,641
Last edited:
How tall is princess mette marit? does any one know?

I read somewhere charlotte is 5'4 or 5'5. She is shorter than her mother. And alot shorter than stephanie, I do not think sheis anywhere near 5'7.

tigerlilly2005 said:
i read that caro is 176 cm tall.and i think charlotte is ca. 174 cm

Caro ist definetly not 176 cm. I know exactly that Stephanie is 172 cm and Caro must be about the same...so I 'd say Charlotte may be about 170cm...:)

I have to disagree...no way is Charlotte that tall, she must be around 5'4", max 5'4.5". I am 5'5" and I come out very tall in pictures, people always ask me how tall I am, even though it is a very average height. so jugding from the pictures, she is 5'4".

Just from looking at pictures, I'd say Stephanie is about an inch shorter than Caroline (who is very lithe and long legged) and Charlotte is definitely shorter than both. That's interesting considering her father was fairly tall and both her brothers appear to be. She's the shorty of the family, but of course she has a great figure and is quite beautiful. Lucky girl!

mia_lanes said:
I thought she was already at uni stydying literature or philosophy

Wow, great concentration because of the growing demand in such fields of academia.

charlotte

i don't think charlotte is anorexic because many young people are very thin. when i was 18 i was 5'6'' and 110 pounds. i ate like a horse. younger people have a higher metabolism and they have more energy to move more.

Back
Top Bottom