Heights of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monalisa said:
according to that website,king hussein was only 5'3 = 160cm.

http://members.shaw.ca/harbord/heights3.html/

King abdallah seems to be the same height as his father or 1cm shorter.
As for rania,she's the same height as her husband or not much taller,2-3cm when she's without big heels.

So i think it's more accurate that KA is 5'3 = 160cm maximum.
and rania is 5'4 maximum when she's without heels.
Ok,you win,I rest my case!:D Didn't know this at all,God,what can heels do!How can she bear them,and all the time I thought KA married a taller women,people mugged him for that,poor thing!;)

Infanta Cristina is very tall (1.79 m) I don't know what is that in ' ''
Infanta Elena (1.76 m)
Queen Sofía (1.74 m)

abir said:
And pictures where QR is same tall or smaller than KA :rolleyes:
It seems that on official pictures the king has to look taller than the queen. It was just the same with KHussein und QNoor. I often thought looking on such photos with the late king and his wife that KHussein obviously had to stand on a box while posing for them.

Veram98 said:
It seems that on official pictures the king has to look taller than the queen. It was just the same with KHussein und QNoor. I often thought looking on such photos with the late king and his wife that KHussein obviously had to stand on a box while posing for them.
Yes, I tought about that, only way KA can be taller than Rania :)

It is very interesting thread...I also read the thread about the height of Jordan royal family in Jordan royal forum...but I would like to know more about the height of other royals.

ok, I'm going to have to differ on King Abdullah of Jordan's height monalisa gave....I have met his Majesty and I am 5'9" . It is more likely 172cm.

Last edited:
Zara04 said:
ok, I'm going to have to differ on King Abdullah of Jordan's height monalisa gave....I have met his Majesty and I am 5'9" . It is more likely 172cm.
Zara04, you mean KA is 172cm? :eek:

I have met both the king and queen, I am 174 cm, the king was much shorter than me, I think he is about 165cm while I think the queen is around 172cm without high heels

farah said:
I have met both the king and queen, I am 174 cm, the king was much shorter than me, I think he is about 165cm while I think the queen is around 172cm without high heels
From pictures that what it seems to be, KA and QR (without heels) are less than 170cm.
We don't have to forget that even normal shoes for men are 2 to 3cm high :)

I beleive it's difficult to know exactly the height of Royals. So we can leave it to some approximation.

Veram98 said:
Pictures from the coronation day ... There are steps behind.
I still love to see Rania taller than Abdulah. If Abdulah married a shorter woman, they will look together shorter which isn't nice.

Attachments

• 0000355548-032.jpg
    0000355548-032.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 448
  • 0000355548-014.jpg
    0000355548-014.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 405
Last edited:
galuhcandrakirana said:
It is very interesting thread...I also read the thread about the height of Jordan royal family in Jordan royal forum...but I would like to know more about the height of other royals.
It's a thread about all the midlle-eastern royals,not only jordan royals,but there was a big discussion about rania's height who's only 165cm (5'5) without heels ,many people didn't believe that but,backing up to many pictures and comparaisons,the conclusion of her 165cm was accurate,and of her husband King abdaddalh who's only 160cm,like his father the late king Hussein.

To know the others' royal heights,like King Mohamed6 of Morocco,his wife princess Lalla Salma,his sistersP.L. Meryem ,Asma,Hasna,and many others of the other royals of gulf, read the thraed in the middle eatern forum:) .

Enjoy.

[QUOTE=

Answering Farah and Zara04.

You can tell what you want,but i believe what i see in the pictures comparing to people which i know the real height.

KA could not be 172cm,because he's not taller than his father who was only 160cm.

If KA is 172cm,so he's taller than Q.Noor,who is somthing like 168cm, look at picture with angelina jolie who's only 170cm according to her biography!impossible,look at pictures especially taken from front view when you can compare,this is ideal position which doesn't flatter someone,and doesn't distord the reality.

Again if KA is 172cm,so Rania is 176cm according to your logic,princess Farah would be 186cm,she seems to be 10cm than rania,it's not the hairdo addition,because look at her shoulders and forhead,they are heigher than rania's one 10cm.

At least you can look to the picture of rania with naomi campbell,i hope you'll see the difference between a person who's 176cm really,and a peron who's not,rania seems to be 10cm shorter than the top model naomi!

Attachments

• naomi+rania.JPG
    naomi+rania.JPG
    37.1 KB · Views: 419
  • naoemi&rania.JPG
    naoemi&rania.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 297
  • raniaabdallahhussein-height.JPG
    raniaabdallahhussein-height.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 701
  • noor+angelinajolie.JPG
    noor+angelinajolie.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 1,211
  • ranai +farah.JPG
    ranai +farah.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 5,091
Last edited:
Haya says that she's 5'1 = 155cm,she didn't hide that when she was a jokey.

Supposing that Haya and Rania wears the same height of heels,even i think that rania's one are 2x bigger than haya's one,rania seems to be 8-10cm taller than Haya,if you compare Rania could not be 175cm,because she's not 20-23cm taller than Haya!

Rania's heels are 10cm,and Haya's heels are 3-5cm!

I wonder why Haya who is short and have a large morphology, doesn't care to put very big heels like rania who is 165cm ,and have a tight morphology,which is a medium size for a woman!

Attachments

• HAYA+RANIA.JPG
    HAYA+RANIA.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 480
  • s heels.JPG
    s heels.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 389
  • s heels.JPG
    s heels.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,305
Last edited:
Rania is definitly 165cm maximum.

1-Rania with lalla Meryem of morocco,both are in big heels,they have the same height,i can tell you that meryem of morocco is something like 160cm-162cm.

2-Rania with princess Mathilde of Belgium,she seems miniscule,at least 10cm shorter,and Mathilde is 5'8 = 173cm.

3-Rania with the former american president Bill Clinton who's 184cm, if Rania is 172-176cm as some poster pretend,she should reach Bill Clinton's height with her big heels,but she's still 10-12cm shorter!

4-Rania then princess in small heels,seems to have the same height as P.Aesha who's not more than 160cm

Attachments

• rania+meryemof morocco.JPG
    rania+meryemof morocco.JPG
    9.9 KB · Views: 1,246
  • rania+mathilde.JPG
    rania+mathilde.JPG
    8 KB · Views: 1,206
  • rania+clinton.JPG
    rania+clinton.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,063
  • rania+aesha.JPG
    rania+aesha.JPG
    19.6 KB · Views: 1,186
Last edited:
I said that KA is about 165cm and not 172, and I still think that QR is 170cm minimum without hells, and I dont think as well that princess Mathilde is only 173cm she looks much taller!

is tallness a canon of beauty for you?
for me, no, the essential is to be well proportionate
between lalla meryem who is small and princess stephanie of monaco who is taller, I prefer lalla meryem

rosa said:
between lalla meryem who is small and princess stephanie of monaco who is taller, I prefer lalla meryem
Interesting question rosa.

To me, it doesn't matter a lot, since someone can be tall and ugly or short and ugly (look & sool). So I beleive there are many facts together which let us to see someone beautiful or not.

Far from royals, I checked in the web about tall versus short, and this what I get at the first page, which may give a clear idea how the society in general see tall & short people.

- Tall men and slim women 'earn more'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1038531.stm

- Study Finds Tall People Livin' Large, Looked Up To
Tall People Earn Average Of $789 Per Inch More Than Shorter People
http://www.wsbtv.com/employment/2561766/detail.html

- Stand Tall, Even If You're Short

Can being short affect your income? Well, if you're 5 foot, 2 inches tall, you'll probably earn 20% less than an equally qualified 6-foot tall person. That's according to a University of Pennsylvania study.

Are things better in the executive suite?

Actually, they're worse. More than 50% of Fortune 500 CEOs are taller than 6 feet. Just 3 percent are shorter than 5-foot, 7 inches. That's because taller people are perceived as being stronger leaders. In fact, the taller candidate has won almost every US presidential election.

http://www.shortsupport.org/Resources/Stories/speeches.html

Apart from royals & rich, where tall woman marry short man because he has many "qualities" than his height ... here is something different which normal people consider.
Other articles & opinions on the subject are welcome.

Thursday, 13 January, 2000, 08:30 GMT
Tall guys get the girls

_600481_street300.jpg
Stand out in a crowd: Finding a mate can be tricky

What vertically-challenged men have always feared seems to be borne out by scientific research.

Women want a tall man because those extra centimetres suggest he either has good genes or comes from a wealthy background, new research claims.

startquote.gif

If a chap is five feet, 11 and a half, you can be sure he will put down six feet on his form
endquote.gif

Mary Balfour, Manchester dating agency Females might say they are attracted to a fellow with a good sense of humour and boyish charms, but dig deeper into their animal instincts and it seems their subconscious pushes them towards the most suitable mate, who will protect them and their children.

This analysis is based on the medical records of nearly 4,500 Polish men aged between 25 and 60.

Once the researchers had removed individuals who might skew the results, they found that childless men were on average three centimetres (1.25 inches) shorter than men who had fathered at least one child.

Little choice

The sole exceptions were men who would now be in their 60s and 70s. This was because they emerged into the marriage market just after World War II, when single men were scarce and women had little choice.

_600481_dunbar150.jpg
Professor Dunbar: Women are looking for good genes
Researchers believe the figures clearly show that taller men are reproductively more successful than shorter men, indicating that women are actively selecting for tallness when they go looking for male partners.

"Height is a cue for genetic quality," says Professor Robin Dunbar from the School of Biological Sciences at the University of Liverpool, UK. "The quality of your genes determines how tall you can grow even in a poor environment.

"Height is also a cue to the kind of resources a husband can bring into a relationship and this has a huge impact on the survival chances of their offspring."

Professor Dunbar has previously studied the lonely hearts columns in newspapers and magazines. From this work, it appears that men are, subconsciously at least, aware of women's preference for tallness. The male ads tended only to mention height when the individual was above the average.

Evolutionary processes

"I suppose one of the important consequences of these results is really to show up that human behaviour is driven, at one level at least, by evolutionary processes. It doesn't mean that everything we do is genetically determined but evolution is guiding our behaviour," Professor Dunbar told the BBC.

Professor Dunbar says short men should not lose heart - the process of choosing a mate is very complex and height will only be one factor.

The findings come as no surprise to professional matchmakers. Mary Balfour, from the Manchester dating agency Drawing Down The Moon, says men are apt to lie about their height.

"For example, if a chap is five feet, 11 and a half (1.81 metres), you can be sure he will put down six feet on his form. And if they're much shorter than that, they like to add an inch or two."

From http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/600481.stm

nothing.gif

Very interesting aritcles Abir, thanks for posting them here.

Many of the Royal women are pretty normal height - but with their 10 centimetre heels, they're much taller than the rest of us :D

rosa said:
For me the talness is not a canon of beauty,as you said being proportionate is more important.

But i can't stop laughing when i read here that rania could be a model,maybe with that head(after plastic surergy) it's possible;) , but with this height it's impossible:confused:

Attachments

• trueraniaeven bleached.JPG
    trueraniaeven bleached.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 487
  • raniaabdallahhussein-height.JPG
    raniaabdallahhussein-height.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 326
Last edited:
thanks abir for the article,intersting.

I wonder if rania is not making a complex about her husband's height, that's why she's traying to put additions and wears very big heels to appear tall:confused: ;) !did you see on TV,at P.Letizia&P.felippe's wedding, how she was unconfortable in her shoes with a skyscaper heels,she was limping not walking!

Last edited:
you can read and see here how people could put(2-4inches)(4-10cm) additions in shoes to appear taller, without wearing heels;) !

http://www.increasingshoes.com/?...

I wonder if king abdallah doesn't wear those shoes and was wearing them when farah saw him being 165cm:) ;) ,in his prince's pictures he's 160cm or less!

Last edited:
farah said:
I said that KA is about 165cm and not 172, and I still think that QR is 170cm minimum without hells, and I dont think as well that princess Mathilde is only 173cm she looks much taller!

interesting, and what about lalla meryem of morocco is she 173cm?and Bill Clinton is he 196cm?and Naome campbell is she 186cm?and farah daghestani is she 186cm?

I saw personally prince philippe of belgium,he's around 180cm,and mathilde is the same height with heels,maybe she's 175cm,and wears 3-5cm heels,not like rania's one who are usually 10-12cm,and 8cm when she decides to be a little bit humble!;)

Jorja Fox said:
I don't think so,QR is actually 176cm tall,if not than how tall KA is?:) Seriously,she is.I see her alot on JTV,she seems over the average height of Jordanian women.She is as tall as Ali and Hamzah,they both,noway can't be 165cm,she looks even taller but that's just her heel I guess.She is close to Faisal and Hashem who are 180cm or more.During the Pan Arab Games,she stood next to them all,didn't seem shorter than Noor.I think Abdullah is 170cm,can't be much less than that,he is taller than the late king,Prince Rahshid and his father are almost his height.Karl Lagerfeld himslef said that Rania is 176 cm,can't remember the interview.Ellie Sa'ab aslo said that QR would be a perfect model,she has it all,the body features and the height of a model,when they asked him about her height he said 176cm and that could be fixed with a heel to reach 180cm and refused to reveal her sizes.He wroked alot with her,must know her real height.
About the french thing,can't be sure,didn't read her bio but I think when they say she "speaks" english is different than when saying she "reads" french,I think it was in PH or PB's bio,so she can speak english fluently but can't in french yet she understands it and can read french,this is what happens when learn a new foreign language late.
I believe she would make an amazing model,if she was Lebanese,her father wouldn't mind,most of the ME models are Lebanese and Egyptians,Jordanians and Palestinian seem to be more,don't know the exact word,but could say "streaked",maybe this is why he didn't let her be one,hope no offense is taken.I wonder if she had married an ordinary guy,would she ever appear in Bikini?
umm well my aunt met her and I asked her if she was as tall as she seems to be she was like no she isn't,her hight is average max 170cm

when you see QR standing beside Hamzah,faisal and other men of JRF you see her wearing her big heels at least 8cm,usually 10-12cm,so if the others arn't 165cm,yes beacuse they aren't in heels:) ,if rania is 165cm without heels remarks that she's 176cm with heels,so she seems to be like them who are between 172cm-175cm.There's an entire topic about that, you can see pictures in thread about heights of royals and compare her with people who are really around 176cm, without heels,like naomi campbell and Mathilde of Belgium,she looks minuscule near them even if she wears her big heels;)

Doesn't she???? Everything is perfect--dress, hair, makeup--she looks every inch the serene queen.
hillary_nugent said:
Rania looks beautiful in the pic above! ^___^

Back
Top Bottom