Heights of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Carla is definately taller than Queen Sofia and Princess Letizia. If Sofia is 5"7, Letizia is around 5"6, it is impossible that she is 5"3 as there is certainly no 10 cm difference between the height of Sofia and Letizia. I have seen some photos that both Sofia and Letizia wearing flat shoes, Sofia is a bit taller than Letizia only.

How tall is Count Bjorn?

Queen Margrethe's Height?

I was looking at some of the pictures of the dignitaries in Copenhagen for the IOC meeting, and I noticed this Queen Margrethe does not appear to be as tall as she was just a year or two ago.

It's particularly noticeable here, in group photo:
Billdeserie: Dronningens frokost

And here, where she appears to be shorter than King Juan Carlos:
Billdeserie: Dronningens frokost

Several other pictures give the same impression. I wonder if this is due to an odd camera angle, or if the queen is losing height. (Didn't Queen Ingrid have osteoporosis or something similar that made her shrink toward the end of her life?)

All people shrink when they get older, no medical condition needed. So it wouldn't surprise me if Queen Margrethe does so too.

I noticed the disparity in heights when she was near Michelle Obama, who I believe is 5'11" (although MO was in high heels at the time and the Queen had small heels I think). Surely the Queen was never as tall as JC, who must have been about 6'3"? I thought the Queen was about 6 feet tall, very tall for a woman.

I noticed the disparity in heights when she was near Michelle Obama, who I believe is 5'11" (although MO was in high heels at the time and the Queen had small heels I think). Surely the Queen was never as tall as JC, who must have been about 6'3"? I thought the Queen was about 6 feet tall, very tall for a woman.

The height of Danish monarchs is etched into a column in Roskilde Cathedral, and Queen Margrethe measured 181 cm, which according to an online converter is in the neighbourhood of 5.9 feet. You're most welcome to check the figures :)!

Since her knee operation HM prefers shoes with lower heels, but her age could also have something to do with it. Stillettos are mainly for younger women!

Viv

The height of Danish monarchs is etched into a column in Roskilde Cathedral, and Queen Margrethe measured 181 cm, which according to an online converter is in the neighbourhood of 5.9 feet. You're most welcome to check the figures :)!

Since her knee operation HM prefers shoes with lower heels, but her age could also have something to do with it. Stillettos are mainly for younger women!

Viv

You might want to check that calculator -- 181 cm is 5' 11.25" (just under 6 feet tall.):flowers:

I'm with HM on lower heels. In fact, if I can avoid them, I don't wear heels at all anymore...

It's not a figure I've really been interested in, it's just stuck in my memory.

I would agree that it is far more comfortable to wear lower heels, and it's rather disconcerting when very tall ladies wear high heels anyway. Says she who fights to be 5 feet tall!

I like when Queens and Crown Princesses are tall cause it makes them very majestic and very nice. Queen Margrethe is tall and so seems to be CP Mary too - and it´s makes them both so beautiful and give them really regal look...

height

i have a question why are the daughters of Sheikh Mo tall and the boys so short....Are the boys really short. In some pics they seem tall and others they seem to be only 5'6 or so...just a question. Thanks for the info....

I know that Prince Rainier is only about 5 feet 7 inches tall. Princess Grace (depending on resource) was between 5 feet 6 inches and 5 feet 7 inches tall. Most people agree that she was about 5 foot 6.

I believe Prince Albert is between 5 feet 10 inches and 6 feet. Princesses Caroline and Stephanie are about 5 feet 7 inches? Those would be my guesses.

As far as I know, Princess Grace's height was 1.70 cm. as the same Princess Caroline of Hanover is.
Her sister, Stephanie's height is 1.73 cm, PA is 1.83 cm.

i have a question why are the daughters of Sheikh Mo tall and the boys so short....Are the boys really short. In some pics they seem tall and others they seem to be only 5'6 or so...just a question. Thanks for the info....

Sheikh Mohammeds sons are all different heights, Sheikh Ahmed and Sheikh Maktoum are tallest others are average height for Arab men.

Judging by the photos,I could say that Mary & Victoria must be around 5'7'' and Letizia 5'5''.Maxima & Mette-Marit definitely seem tall,but I was surprised to read that MM is around 6 feet tall.Wow!

Someone know how tall are Lux Princes Guillaume and Felix?And maybe Sebastien?

As far as I know, Princess Grace's height was 1.70 cm. as the same Princess Caroline of Hanover is.
Her sister, Stephanie's height is 1.73 cm, PA is 1.83 cm.
Andrea is a little bit taller than Albert, right? And Pierre, who is a little taller than Andrea, must be around 1.90 mts, so Andy is around 1.85mts, perhaps?

Someone know how tall are Lux Princes Guillaume and Felix?And maybe Sebastien?

No one is exactly sure about the heights of these two lovely princes, but from reading other threads on here some say guillaume is around 170cm-175cm which is 5ft7-5ft9, and felix I think 183cm which is 6ft. Personally guillaume looks about 5ft 9 and felix 6ft-6ft 2, hope this helps :flowers:

Andrea is a little bit taller than Albert, right? And Pierre, who is a little taller than Andrea, must be around 1.90 mts, so Andy is around 1.85mts, perhaps?

IMO, Natalie, you are closer to the truth, I have a feeling Andrea's height is 1.85cm, and Pierre's height is 1.89-1.90 cm.:)

your welcome sunshine, I do wish that all the royal houses would publish their heights, it would make life so much easier, ah well such is life! :)

I think Mathide is the tallest crown princess, she defintely has 180cm tall. Mette-merit is a little short than Mathide and a little bit taller than Maxima. I think Maxima is 176cm and Mette-merit is 178cm. Mary and Victoria seems are in the same height which is about 172cm. Letizia is not that short as some people think, she is slim and looks short when stands beside her extremely tall husband and she is about 170cm tall. I have see some photos that she stands next to Maxima and she is not shorter than Mamima for more than 3 inches. Also, when i see the photos recently Queen Sofia stands next to Mary, I see Mary with obvious higher heels is only a bit slightly taller than Sofia with lower heels. So I believe Letizia would not shorter than Mary quite a lot, their height difference would between 1 to 1.5 inches only, the same as Victoria. Moreover, Massako and Marie-chantal have quite similar heights, they shouild be around 165cm. In addition, Marie is shorter than Mary about half head and more, so she maybe about 162-164cm, Alexandra seems shorter than Marie, so i wouid guess she is about 158-160cm. I know that I may not correct but I do feel interest to the height of royals, and I think it is quite difficult to judge because the royal ladies wear heels with different height. Anyway, this is only my opinion.

I think Mathide is the tallest crown princess, she defintely has 180cm tall. Mette-merit is a little short than Mathide and a little bit taller than Maxima. I think Maxima is 176cm and Mette-merit is 178cm. Mary and Victoria seems are in the same height which is about 172cm. Letizia is not that short as some people think, she is slim and looks short when stands beside her extremely tall husband and she is about 170cm tall. I have see some photos that she stands next to Maxima and she is not shorter than Mamima for more than 3 inches. Also, when i see the photos recently Queen Sofia stands next to Mary, I see Mary with obvious higher heels is only a bit slightly taller than Sofia with lower heels. So I believe Letizia would not shorter than Mary quite a lot, their height difference would between 1 to 1.5 inches only, the same as Victoria. Moreover, Massako and Marie-chantal have quite similar heights, they shouild be around 165cm. In addition, Marie is shorter than Mary about half head and more, so she maybe about 162-164cm, Alexandra seems shorter than Marie, so i wouid guess she is about 158-160cm. I know that I may not correct but I do feel interest to the height of royals, and I think it is quite difficult to judge because the royal ladies wear heels with different height. Anyway, this is only my opinion.
Again I don't remember where, but I've read that Mathilde is "only" 1.75m.

I agree with Mafan here. Mathilde doesn't seem taller than 5'9''(around 1.75cm). Mette-Marit must be the tallest, although I'm not sure if she's 1.82cm.

Again I don't remember where, but I've read that Mathilde is "only" 1.75m.
Oh..thanks God she is "only" 1.75m...:lol:
She is quite tall! I think Cameron Diaz is that tall!

Mathilde 1.75, I wouldnt have imagined. I knew she was tall but nothing like that.
She's quite lucky, can get away easily from not wearing heels.
I would assume Mette-Marite is about the same or abit taller. I wouldnt sya anything taller than 1.80 for her.

IMO, Natalie, you are closer to the truth, I have a feeling Andrea's height is 1.85cm, and Pierre's height is 1.89-1.90 cm.:)
Are you sure they are that tall, queenofthelight? They look shorter to me.

Back
Top Bottom