Heights of Royals

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
...JuAnItA... said:
Are you sure?

I mean, look at this picture:

Queen Sofia is 1,70 so Queen Beatrix can't be 1,63, i think... ;)
To be exact Queen Sofia is 1.74 m, so even if she's not standing full-height; Queen Beatrix should be about 1.67-1.70 (maximum):cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
...JuAnItA... said:
Are you sure?

I mean, look at this picture:

Queen Sofia is 1,70 so Queen Beatrix can't be 1,63, i think... ;)
I heard of a norwegian friend that SONJA is very small! about 1,60m or 1,63m ... BEATRIX doesn't seem much taller than her...
so... very hard to say how tall she is... :confused:

I once saw Beatrix, she's about 1.60/1.63 as you say, Princess Beatrix. She's very small...

Maxie said:
I once saw Beatrix, she's about 1.60/1.63 as you say, Princess Beatrix. She's very small...
So, in that photo that i posted she was using heels! Because Queen Beatrix and Queen Sofia haven't a big difference between them...

I would think that Maxima is taller, she often seems taller than even the men at official events with presidents and head of states.
And WA seems indeed very tall, standing out at least a head taller than the others on the pix. Even with high heels Maxima would be significantly smaller than he, if there was a 20cm difference.

ceci said:
Maxima is around 1,70. I thought she was taller but she was just a bit taller than me and I am 1,66.

Now I'm really surprised! I used to think that Maxima was around 1,75m (5'9")... She seems to be quite tall and 1,70 (5'7") is just average.

I also think she is taller than 1.70... I am absolutely postitive. she is indd about 1.75 if not taller.

popy said:
There was a Mexican President or his son don't remember exactly, that used some kind of heel inside
of his shoes, that way nobady would notice. Maybe he does the same thing.
Sylvester Stallone uses heels inside his boots. Then again, he's only 3/4 the height of a normal man. I doubt someone who is already tall would go through the trouble to have special heels manufactured.

About the Sonja / Sophia / Beatrix picture, Sophia is taller than Beatrix already even though she's lowering her head, so obviously Sophia is some 8 centimetres (3 inches I believe) taller than Beatrix.

Don't you think it's odd that a woman of 1.60-1.65 and a man of 1.70-1.75 can get a son of 1.90-1.95 :confused:

Daneborn said:
Don't you think it's odd that a woman of 1.60-1.65 and a man of 1.70-1.75 can get a son of 1.90-1.95 :confused:

Yes, that's very odd. :) But believe me, it happens all the time here in Holland. Seen it in my own family too. It must be something in the water. ;)

Maxie said:
Yes, that's very odd. :) But believe me, it happens all the time here in Holland. Seen it in my own family too. It must be something in the water. ;)
it happened in my family too when my father and his brother were born (in the 1930's), they both grew up to be 1.80, but their parents were 1.60.

my grandparents were both out of pretty poor countryside families with 10 children in each family, obviously they had little food to share with all these children, so it's not odd they stopped at 1.60.

but i can hardly imagine beatrix or claus parents were poor.

i think i read somewhere it has something to do with the nutrition the baby gets in it's early days, for instance if it's breastfed or not.

queen margrethe, who is 1.82, and price henrik, who is 1.87, got frederik, who is 1.80. she probably never breastfed the son.

well I think it is sometimes confusing to see what the difference in height is between maxima and wa.. Because she wears often heels.
But I have found a picture where they are both wearing snow boots or ski shoes or something, and then you can see the real difference between them, I guess...
Take a look and tell me what you think:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/3667/fotosessielech7cv.png

go on take a look everyone! :D

how tall are princess Laurentien, Mabel,Annette,Aimee and Anita???? What about Christina,Irene and their children??? And Princess Margriet and her husband??

sara1981 said:
please makes lists of height because im american! i dont understand what you saying!

It's about time we Americans joined the rest of the world and converted to the metric system. The Brits started about 30 years ago (right?) and have just about got the system mastered. (Other than road distance signs, which are still posted in miles. Why is that?) Anyway, life would be a lot easier for us if we'd just bite the bullet and go metric.

I agree that it's about time but until the US follows suit, most of us Americans with busy lives and who aren't mandated (or don't have the chance) to learn it in school or elsewhere will be a lot slower than the rest of the world, so have pity on us!! Thanks to the poster who provided a link to the conversion of metric lengths.

I know that if and when I ever have children, I'll make sure they are taught the metric system and how to convert it.

I think taht laurentien is taller than 1.72. Aimee and maxima are surely 1.75.Mabel and anita must be 1.70. What about annette??? 1.70????

I think that most of the boys are between 1.78-1.85. I'm not sure the crown prince is taller than 1.90.

Maxima is 1,74 cm and her shoe size is 40. But in heels you can easily be 1,78 with that height. Before the wedding many magazines wrote about her and her looks.
I am 5,6 and in heels i could be easily 5,8.

you are right about that oriana
women's height can be tricky because we wear heels a lot, specially royal women
I'm 6' so I can easily be 6'2 with not-so-tall heels

I think Maxima is about 1.75 and W-A is about 1.93
Laurentien is above 1.70, Constantjin should be about 1.85, I think Friso is the shortest boy

thanks orianna. I an surprised that laurentien is only 1.70. She is only two centimeters smaller than Maxima.
I compare princess christina my sister(1.57) and my mother(1.63). Christina is smaller than 1.60. Irene iss taller than her two daughters. She's 1.70 I think. She's is taller than my mother(i compare theie size last year).
Hope this can help.

Mabel 1.70. I'm absolutely positive.

Maxima is about 1.79, shoes 43. (I've read that somewhere on TRF.)
WA is more about 1.90 - probably about 1.95.

Well I was wrong, Maxima is 1,78... 5 10 1/2 according to this link in wikipedia amd shoe size 43 or 11 us. I wonder what could be her weight. Maybe around 70 or 75 kgs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1xima,_Princess_of_Orange

When she was in Argentina, Benito Fernadez (fashion designer) said that she could wear those hats with grace because she is 1,80 or 6 feet. I thought he was over exagerating a little at that time.

http://www.wereldomroep.nl/images/assets/10733519
That jacket is by Graciela Naum, the one with stripes, is hanging just one like that in Patio Bullrich mall at Naum´s Store.

How tall are the Ear & Countess of Wessex Peter and Zara Beatrice and Eugenie. Thanks in Advance :)

post_old.gif
Today, 04:41 PM
yabou
user_online.gif
vbmenu_register("postmenu_436298", true);
Commoner
pip.gif
pip.gif

canngu - Indonesia

icon1.gif

sizes of dutch royals:
beatrix:1.63
alexander: 1.90
maxima:1.78
friso:1.80
mabel:1.70
laurentien 1.75
constantijn:1.85
pieter:1.80
margriet:1.65
marilene:1.80
maurits:1.83
bernhard:1.80
annette:1.69
anita:1.70
pieter christiaan:1.82
floris:1.85
aimee:1.75
irene:1.68
margarita:1.65
carolina:1.70
carlos:1.80
jaime:1.80
christina:1.60
juliana:1.75
bernardo:1.85
nicola:1.78

do you agree????

KikkiB said:
Just read in this weeks Se og Hør (I know, not very serious magazine, but the guy who have this questions and answers column, is very knowlegeable on royals), that CP Mary is 1 m 79 (5'10") and CP Frederik is 1 m 84 (6'0").

CP Mary taller than Princess Diana and Princess Mathilde ???I don't believe so,I think she's max 170cm.

Monalisa said:
CP Mary taller than Princess Diana and Princess Mathilde ???I don't believe so,I think she's max 170cm.
Personally I don't think so. I've read that both Diana was and Matilde is around 1.80 cm. (Mathilde is 1.79.) I think that Mary is max about 1.70-1.75.

magnik said:
Personally I don't think so. I've read that both Diana was and Matilde is around 1.80 cm. (Mathilde is 1.79.) I think that Mary is max about 1.70-1.75.

Princess Diana was 177cm,and Mathilde 175-176cm,I've seen her In person at her "Joyeuses entrées",she is shorter than Prince Phellipe who is 180cm.

Monalisa said:
Princess Diana was 177cm,and Mathilde 175-176cm,I've seen her In person at her "Joyeuses entrées",she is shorter than Prince Phellipe who is 180cm.
In the one article (which part was posted on one of TRF threads) was wrote that Mathilde is 1.79.

magnik said:
In the one article (which part was posted on one of TRF threads) was wrote that Mathilde is 1.79.

wow, she's so tall:eek:! I'm just 1.68..so I think she's very tall for a woman..

ochan said:
wow, she's so tall:eek:! I'm just 1.68..so I think she's very tall for a woman..
For me with the same height as your she is biiig woman too:D

Back
Top Bottom