The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2004, 07:54 PM
Courtier

Can we do a POSITIVE post, in which we only say what we LIKE about different couples, and not what we don't? (Or am I too naive?) In anycase, let's try to put some positive vibes out into the universe.

Here are the things I like about some royal couples (and I'll start with the most controversial):

Charles and Camilla: loyalty to each other through thick and thin
Inaki and Cristina: 7 years and 3 kids and they are still in love like the first day
Haakon and Mette-Marit: their belief that "love is all you need"; the true cinderela princess
Felipe and Letizia: intellectual equals and partners as well as lovers; a very modern couple
Fred & Mary: best buddies
Phillipe & Mathilde: there is something wonderful about such a not so hot looking guy getting such a lovely and beautiful woman--beauty is not skin deep?
Caroline and Ernest: jet-set glamour and bad behavior to die for

Any body else game?

Old 06-24-2004, 10:15 PM
Commoner

Sophie and Edward: honour, respect, and appear happy and loving.

Old 06-25-2004, 04:22 AM
Nobility

I personally think the most loving couple of them all is Sophia and Juan Carlos. Something in their actions to each other indicates to me that they are each other's worlds.
Juan Carlos and Sophia- mutuality, respect, constancy, devotion to each other
Old 06-25-2004, 07:17 AM
Heir Apparent

Fred and Mary - Genuine Love ^__^
Old 06-25-2004, 07:44 AM
Commoner

frederik and mary- not only in love, but seem to be each others best friend and have a great time together
Felipe and Letizia - they always look adoring to each other
Maxima and W-A - such a fun and warm couple
Old 06-25-2004, 12:59 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by lucys@Jun 24th, 2004 - 7:54 pm

Phillipe & Mathilde: there is something wonderful about such a not so hot looking guy getting such a lovely and beautiful woman--beauty is not skin deep?
I agree. He gives the rest of us some hope! :P
Old 06-25-2004, 01:09 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism+Jun 25th, 2004 - 11:59 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 11:59 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lucys@Jun 24th, 2004 - 7:54 pm

I agree. He gives the rest of us some hope&#33; :P [/b][/quote]
DennisM - I like reading your posts, you seem so pleasant. I hope you get your Victoria one day. :flower:
Old 06-25-2004, 01:41 PM
Courtier

Even though my favorite couple is Princess Haya and sheikh Mohammed for the time being, I&#39;d like to comment on the royal couple of Norway. They are very intriguing although they lack that royal &#39;calibre&#39;.

Mette-Marit and Haakon your average Jack and Jill. Affectionate, down-to-earth (or so it seems) and simple are a few adjectives that come to mind when I think of them. I hope they will be chary of these traits for the rest of their lives.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:13 PM
Gentry

Prince Maurits and princess Marilene
Old 06-25-2004, 10:48 PM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally posted by MarieLouise@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:09 pm
DennisM - I like reading your posts, you seem so pleasant. I hope you get your Victoria one day.&nbsp; :flower:
Awww. I hope so too. Thank you for saying that. Ive been called many things before but I dont think I have heard "pleasant". :flower:
Old 06-29-2004, 09:33 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally posted by Dennism+Jun 25th, 2004 - 9:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 9:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MarieLouise@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:09 pm
DennisM - I like reading your posts, you seem so pleasant. I hope you get your Victoria one day.* :flower:
Awww. I hope so too. Thank you for saying that. Ive been called many things before but I dont think I have heard "pleasant". :flower: [/b][/quote]
He, he... Well i&#39;m a dane and you don&#39;t really have an english word like the one I was thinking of in danish. Oh, by the way, your welcome :P
Old 06-29-2004, 09:52 AM
Heir Apparent

MM & Haakon: Yes, indeed deep true love...and they are both very fond of children.

Willem-Alexander & Maxima: They both seem to enjoy life and its happy wonderful sides.

Margrethe & Henrik: After all the years together they still seem to feel passion for each other. Both are very educated and headstrong (I absolutely think, that this is positive&#33 so that they are a "challenge" for each other. And I think this keeps their relationship "alive"
Old 12-06-2004, 03:44 PM
Serene Highness

I'll add a little...

Fred and Mary: I agree with everything everyone has said... they are ADORABLE!!
Ernst and Caroline: To me they seem to be in sync... either both are laughing or both are mad no matter what they are together in some respect
Old 12-06-2004, 03:47 PM
Nobility

Mette-Marit and Haakon and Harald and Sonja : true and, I hope, eternal love :) :)
Old 12-07-2004, 03:15 PM
Courtier

Words I associate with....

Fred & Mary: respect, true love, loving gestures, encourage confidence, understands each other, admiration, heart-warming and sometimes achingly loving towards each other (*sob*, for example during the wedding ceremony), beautiful couple, both very caring, soul mates.

Phillipe & Mathilde: a perfect match, so elegant and very royal, soul mates, supports and boosts each other, never overshadows the other - a perfect team, knows how to balance family and duties - never lets one dominate the other.

Haakon & Mette Marit: love against all odds, just wonderful, absolute soul mates, true love, have wonderful kids, very natural and approachable (IMO), very caring, a strong team and faces challenges together.

Felipe & Letizia: hard workers, like the way they look at each other, care for their country.

maxima & WA: light up each other's lives, gregarious, knows how to have fun, very loving, a very strong team, a great support to each other.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:39 AM
Majesty

Felipe & Letizia: hard workers,

Haakon & Mette Marit they they work good togather
Old 09-30-2005, 04:56 AM
Courtier

Haakon and Mette marit , Love, soul mates and being a partnership.
Old 09-30-2005, 08:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Frederik and Mary- the modern in-touch and hands-on couple
Old 09-30-2005, 08:26 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Australian
Frederik and Mary- the modern in-touch and hands-on couple
Completely agree with you Australian!:)

Old 10-01-2005, 09:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Felipe and Letizia- hard workers, very much in love, great partners