Royal Couples And Why You Like Them

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucys

Courtier
Can we do a POSITIVE post, in which we only say what we LIKE about different couples, and not what we don't? (Or am I too naive?) In anycase, let's try to put some positive vibes out into the universe.

Here are the things I like about some royal couples (and I'll start with the most controversial):

Charles and Camilla: loyalty to each other through thick and thin
Inaki and Cristina: 7 years and 3 kids and they are still in love like the first day
Haakon and Mette-Marit: their belief that "love is all you need"; the true cinderela princess
Felipe and Letizia: intellectual equals and partners as well as lovers; a very modern couple
Fred & Mary: best buddies
Phillipe & Mathilde: there is something wonderful about such a not so hot looking guy getting such a lovely and beautiful woman--beauty is not skin deep?
Caroline and Ernest: jet-set glamour and bad behavior to die for

Any body else game?

Sophie and Edward: honour, respect, and appear happy and loving.
:heart:

I personally think the most loving couple of them all is Sophia and Juan Carlos. Something in their actions to each other indicates to me that they are each other's worlds.
Juan Carlos and Sophia- mutuality, respect, constancy, devotion to each other

frederik and mary- not only in love, but seem to be each others best friend and have a great time together
Felipe and Letizia - they always look adoring to each other
Maxima and W-A - such a fun and warm couple

Originally posted by lucys@Jun 24th, 2004 - 7:54 pm

Phillipe & Mathilde: there is something wonderful about such a not so hot looking guy getting such a lovely and beautiful woman--beauty is not skin deep?
I agree. He gives the rest of us some hope! :p

Originally posted by Dennism+Jun 25th, 2004 - 11:59 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 11:59 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lucys@Jun 24th, 2004 - 7:54 pm

I agree. He gives the rest of us some hope! :p [/b][/quote]
DennisM - I like reading your posts, you seem so pleasant. I hope you get your Victoria one day. :flower:

Even though my favorite couple is Princess Haya and sheikh Mohammed for the time being, I'd like to comment on the royal couple of Norway. They are very intriguing although they lack that royal 'calibre'.

Mette-Marit and Haakon – your average Jack and Jill. Affectionate, down-to-earth (or so it seems) and simple are a few adjectives that come to mind when I think of them. I hope they will be chary of these traits for the rest of their lives.

Originally posted by MarieLouise@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:09 pm
DennisM - I like reading your posts, you seem so pleasant. I hope you get your Victoria one day.  :flower:
Awww. I hope so too. Thank you for saying that. I´ve been called many things before but I don´t think I have heard "pleasant". :flower:

Originally posted by Dennism+Jun 25th, 2004 - 9:48 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 9:48 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-MarieLouise@Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:09 pm
DennisM - I like reading your posts, you seem so pleasant. I hope you get your Victoria one day.  :flower:
Awww. I hope so too. Thank you for saying that. I´ve been called many things before but I don´t think I have heard "pleasant". :flower: [/b][/quote]
He, he... Well i'm a dane and you don't really have an english word like the one I was thinking of in danish. Oh, by the way, your welcome :p

MM & Haakon: Yes, indeed deep true love...and they are both very fond of children.

Willem-Alexander & Maxima: They both seem to enjoy life and it´s happy wonderful sides.

Margrethe & Henrik: After all the years together they still seem to feel passion for each other. Both are very educated and headstrong (I absolutely think, that this is positive!) so that they are a "challenge" for each other. And I think this keeps their relationship "alive"

I'll add a little...

Fred and Mary: I agree with everything everyone has said... they are ADORABLE!!
Ernst and Caroline: To me they seem to be in sync... either both are laughing or both are mad no matter what they are together in some respect

Mette-Marit and Haakon and Harald and Sonja : true and, I hope, eternal love :) :)

Words I associate with....

Fred & Mary: respect, true love, loving gestures, encourage confidence, understands each other, admiration, heart-warming and sometimes achingly loving towards each other (*sob*, for example during the wedding ceremony), beautiful couple, both very caring, soul mates.

Phillipe & Mathilde: a perfect match, so elegant and very royal, soul mates, supports and boosts each other, never overshadows the other - a perfect team, knows how to balance family and duties - never lets one dominate the other.

Haakon & Mette Marit: love against all odds, just wonderful, absolute soul mates, true love, have wonderful kids, very natural and approachable (IMO), very caring, a strong team and faces challenges together.

Felipe & Letizia: hard workers, like the way they look at each other, care for their country.

maxima & WA: light up each other's lives, gregarious, knows how to have fun, very loving, a very strong team, a great support to each other.

Felipe & Letizia: hard workers,

Haakon & Mette Marit they they work good togather

Haakon and Mette marit , Love, soul mates and being a partnership.

Frederik and Mary- the modern in-touch and hands-on couple

Australian said:
Frederik and Mary- the modern in-touch and hands-on couple

Completely agree with you Australian!:)

Felipe and Letizia- hard workers, very much in love, great partners
Juan Carlos and Sofia- professionalists with respect for each other
Infanta Christina and Inaki- they make together a wonderful family
W-A and Maxima- really cute and warm couple
Philippe and Mathilde- so much in love

Phillipe and Mathilde - Truly a deep, loving couple. I want a husband like him. When you see them together, the loving looks, the touches, just display love.

Maxima and W-A - Definitely a fun loving couple. They seem to enjoy life and each other very much. W-A comes from a loving family.

Mary and Fredrick - Now I feel that he was in love more with her than the other way around. I personally feel that Mary and Fredrick will not stay together; she has become quite "Royal". She loves her position and Fredrick loves her. Time will tell.

This is just my opinion.

Cristina and Inaki - Now this a true love also. Their first priority is their family and it definitely shows. He is a good companion to his wife and she to him. Without the rumored infidelity, this marriage will mirror Juan Carlos and Sofia.

Charles and Camilla - Definitely a true love. He should had married her the first time around but "Tradition" probably prevented him from marrying her. I don't approve of Diana being "used" per se, because he never was in love with her and he ran back to Camilla the first chance he could. Diana fell in love with her position and used that as a tool against him and the Royal Family. Whether she was right or wrong, I am not going to discuss that here. I was definitely against Camilla, but when I watched their wedding, and thought about how he worked to marry Camilla, and to see him so happy, I wish the best. Camilla doesn't want to be a star, she wants to be Charles' wife, his helpmate, and she now is. They deserve happiness for whatever time they have left on this earth. And I never thought I would be favourable to Camilla, but I am.

michelleq said:
Mary and Fredrick - Now I feel that he was in love more with her than the other way around. I personally feel that Mary and Fredrick will not stay together; she has become quite "Royal". She loves her position and Fredrick loves her. Time will tell.

This is just my opinion.

How is this related to Couples Best Traits? This doesnt answer the question. It seems like positive threads always have to turn negative.

Felip & Letizia - they seem to have an intelligent, mature relationship. They don't seem all lovey dovy. They look as if they have intelligent, challenging conversations, with a little fun & humor thrown in.

princess gertrude said:
Felip & Letizia - they seem to have an intelligent, mature relationship. They don't seem all lovey dovy. They look as if they have intelligent, challenging conversations, with a little fun & humor thrown in.

I agree. I also think they seem loyal to and respectful of one another. They strike me as people who take their relationship very seriously and who will find ways to accomodate each of their priorities within the relationship. I love that they completely disappeared this summer for some private time. I think that is vital when living in such a fishbowl existence. They seem the perfect crown princely couple for Spain and it's unique challenges.

Phillippe and Mathilde - I like them for many of the reasons above and also because: they seem to have created a mutually loving, meaningful, respectful, sincere and private relationship within a public existence. I find this wonderful since their ages are fairly different. I also love their gentle way with one another and with their children. I admire their (apparently) genuine concern for a variety of social problems. Mathilde seems to be a rare bird: beautiful yet very down to earth; very real...a great woman.

W-A and Maxima - I love the way W-A often rests his hand on Maxma's shoulder when on joint appearances. The way he does it always conveys his comfort level with her. As for their relationship -- I'm not quite sure what it is I like ... they just seem to have fun.

I read all posts but i would agree!

Earl and Countess of Wessex are both still married for 6 years and Sophie still obey by HM Queen ElizabethII before become Countess of Wessex and respect,honor,obey to the in-laws

I knew that Prince Charles and late Diana,Princess of Wales been married in 1981 they got split in 1992 before christmas and no legal of separation the former PM John Major says that and HM Queen ElizabethII order the Wales to divorces but Diana acceptance of divorce from HM Queen Elizabeth and got finalised in August 1996 for Prince Charles and Diana because Charles went see Camilla often since Harry's birth but Charles and Camilla met polo about 1970's before Diana and Camilla married to her ex-hubby Andrew-PB they later Charles and Camilla happily got married in April 2005 but i dont like Camilla! because many million people wont Camilla to become HM Queen of England because of Diana very much!

HM Queen ElizabethII and Prince Philip still good marriages for long times and both been marriages since 1947 almost 60 years both been good raise 4 children, 7 grandchildren she very doting mother and grandmother but HM Queen still rules for over 50 years.

Sara Boyce

Haakon & Mette-Marit-the epitome of a modern couple to me. A blended family with two beautiful kids, who both of them seem to adore. I love the way the hold hands during work, and the loving looks and gestures the share.

Back
Top Bottom