Best future European monarch

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Who is the best future European monarch?

• Denmark: Frederik

Votes: 32 10.7%
  • Norway: Haakon

Votes: 30 10.1%
  • Sweden: Victoria

Votes: 65 21.8%
  • United Kingdom: Charles

Votes: 43 14.4%
  • Spain: Felipe

Votes: 52 17.4%
  • Belgium: Phillipe

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Luxembourg: Guillaume

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • The Netherlands: Willem-Alexander

Votes: 37 12.4%
  • Liechtenstein: Alois

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Monaco: Caroline

Votes: 17 5.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Felipe, Victoria and Guillaume of Luxembourg, he's very young but serious and seems very commited to his future role.

This was a difficult task to choose the best future monarch. I hesitated between Victoria and Felipe and at the end I chose Victoria.
1. Victoria
2. Felipe
3. Willem-Alexander

I have voted for Willem Alexander since he's got it all: Well prepared because he has started taking his job seriously when he met Maxima / his beloved father died, acceptance within the public, a fantastic consort, nice family. My next two choices would be CP Victoria (although we still don't know her husband and there is always the whole package about a reign) and Charles Prince of Wales (although I believe that there will be tough times ahead of him after the death of HM plus this Diana / Camilla issue will always be in the back of our minds).

I wonder why Victoria and Felipe at the moment have the most votes - they have not yet shown their potential, IMHO. If experience counts, then Charles of Wales is the best, because of what he has been through in his personal life (Diana/Camilla, need to raise two half-orphaned sons etc.) and the compassion he shows to the people because of that. Victoria and Felipe, nice though they are, don't have an idea yet what being king/queen means: making the choices, for better and for worse.

So my second place goes to Haakon for the choice he made in his wife, how he fought for his love and how he reigned when his father was so ill.

I think at this time Felipe would be the strongest candidate because he works hard, appears dedicated to the job and mroe importantly seems devoted to his country. Moreover thanks to his work through the Prince of Asturias Awards he is internationally known in a way that the others are not.

I would have voted for Charles because he has maturity and experience over the other contenders. However, I cannot help but feel he is more than a little disconnected from people.

If lightning struck and whiped out some of the reigning monarchs the only successor I see fully prepared on this day is Prince Charles. All others would struggle IMO, some more (esp. Frederik of Denmark and Felipe of Spain due to lack of charisma) some less (Willem Alexander of the Netherlands). Let's hope at least the younger generation has another 10 years to prepare and raise their kids to an older age.

I vote for Prince Felipe.
He has proven to be a well trained prince.
Felipe is very intelligent, responsible, perfectionist, and a hard-working man who loves his work, he is really devote to his work!
Any journalist or politician who has had the honour to speak with the Prince of Asturias always say that he a is extremely trained and intelligent man.
So due to this set of virtues, he will certainly be a great King for Spain and I am not surprised that prince Felipe is in first or two place in this poll.

Last edited:
Willem-Alexander, Victoria and Charles are my top picks. Poor Alois, no votes for him, but that's probably because he's already practically in charge, isn't he? No complains from the Liechtensteiners, so I assume everything is going well there XD

Personally I vote for:
1. CP Willem-Alexander
2. CP Haakon
3. CP Victoria
4. CP Felipe
5. CP Phillipe

I think CP Victoria would do a fantastic job but I voted for Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg. He seems truly interested in his future job and has a lot of loving support from his family. It was a very hard choice to chose between the two!

Fortunately I don't have any hard choices. I am sure CP Frederik will be a wonderful King for Denmark. That is why I voted for him.

This doesn't mean I don't think any of the other CP's woun't be eaqually wonderful heads of states for their countries. I am sure they will.

I just don't live in these countries. Therefore I don't have the same (sufficient) knowlege about the relationship between the people and CP's in those countries - as I have about the relationship between Frederik and the Danish people.

I am sure CP Frederik will be a wonderful King for Denmark. That is why I woted for him.
Honestly, we don't see Frederik working very often. I always get the feeling he is sailing more often then working. His wife definitely does a better job. :whistling:
Just my opinion..

Honestly, we don't see Frederik working very often. I always get the feeling he is sailing more often then working. His wife definitely does a better job. :whistling:
Just my opinion..

So, do you question my ability to judge whether I concider him to be capable of becoming an exellent head of state for Denmark?

In the post I wrote telling why I voted for Frederik I did my utmost to point out, that my choice didn't mean finding the other CP's less worthy to become heads of state for their countries then Frederik is in becomming head of state for Denmark.

But for Denmark Frederik is the best. He is a Dane. End of story!

And then I have to read a comment like the one quoted above......

If you want to have a discussion about the workload of CP Frederik - or any other CP for that matter - then you are welcomed! But I will not participate in such a futile discussion - that is senseless IMO.

You are free to have whatever oppinion you want. But don't question my ability to judge whether I find the CP of Denmark to be suited for his future position or not. That is insulting!

WHAT??
Did I say that I question your ability to judge whatever? No, I didn't.
You expressed your opinion...
and I expressed mine.
That's it. End of the story.

Last edited:
I expressed my opinion.......

"I am sure CP Frederik will be a wonderful King for Denmark. That is why I woted for him".

And then you expressed your opinion about my opinion.........

"Honestly, we don't see Frederik working very often. I always get the feeling he is sailing more often then working. His wife definitely does a better job. :whistling:"

That is questioning my ability to judge what I concider to be right. Not directly but indirectly.

Futhermore going through the previous posts on this thread it is pretty obvious that whatever opinion any poster has expresed - this opinion has been allowed either to stand as it was posted or to be commented positively.

But my opinion was commented negatively - by you. That to is questioning my ability to judge. Not directly but indirectly.

By the way, who is "we"......(You wrote: "Honestly, we don't see Frederik......)

That is questioning my ability to judge what I concider to be right. Not directly but indirectly.
Ok then I am sorry that you got this impression.
We are entitled to our opinion (positive or negative), and can express it the way that we choose, without that conferring any type of insult to other posters opinions or abilities. That's the whole story.

I immediately voted for Crown Prince Frederik as he is my favourite royal and because I search out news about him more than the others it seems to me that he is very busy all the time. As I don't search out news so much about CP Felipe of Spain it made me realise i do not know how much work he does so assume he doesn't do much which, of course, is not correct. Therefore, looking at the question again I have formed three further opinions: 1) To answer the question in an unbiased way I will have to do more research on all the candidates 2) Each future monarch will be the best for their country 3) Willem-Alexander will probably be the best overall monarch in a technical sense whilst CP Frederik will remain my favourite!

I immediately voted for Crown Prince Frederik as he is my favourite royal and because I search out news about him more than the others it seems to me that he is very busy all the time. As I don't search out news so much about CP Felipe of Spain it made me realise i do not know how much work he does so assume he doesn't do much which, of course, is not correct. Therefore, looking at the question again I have formed three further opinions: 1) To answer the question in an unbiased way I will have to do more research on all the candidates 2) Each future monarch will be the best for their country 3) Willem-Alexander will probably be the best overall monarch in a technical sense whilst CP Frederik will remain my favourite!

That is a brilliant post, Jacknch :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:. A brilliant post :flowers:

I voted for your handsome Danish Prince as well.I saw him at the forum for the first time and I really liked him...not only physically of course,he seems a real nice guy!!

Victoria and Felipe will be the better future kings. Choose beetwen them has been very hard for me, but I voted for Felipe because he is my prince:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom