The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Who is the best future European monarch?
Denmark: Frederik 32 10.70%
Norway: Haakon 30 10.03%
Sweden: Victoria 64 21.40%
United Kingdom: Charles 43 14.38%
Spain: Felipe 54 18.06%
Belgium: Phillipe 6 2.01%
Luxembourg: Guillaume 12 4.01%
The Netherlands: Willem-Alexander 38 12.71%
Liechtenstein: Alois 3 1.00%
Monaco: Caroline 17 5.69%
Voters: 299. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-25-2007, 02:47 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by flctylu
I do have concerns for Prince Phillipe of Belgiums reign......I don't think that Mathilde and her 'beauty' will define his reign as the 'wonder years of Belgium'.
My sentiments exactly. Also I have the same feeling with Frederik.

Old 05-25-2007, 03:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I think the Prince of Wales is going to be a great king one day. If as a King, he will be half as good as he is now a prince of Wales, his reign would be remarkable.
I also have a very high opinion of Crown Princess Victoria, The Prince of Asturias and the Prince of Orange.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-25-2007, 03:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Felipe, Victoria, Willem-Alexander, Frederick.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naut2bGrimaldi
The current heir to Monaco's throne is Caroline. She has not indicated that she would abdicate. As it currently stands she is the next heir - not Andrea. Her age has nothing to do with her ability to inherit the throne (as shown from The Prince of Wales who will not inherit until he's much older!)
I think Caroline would be a great Sovreign Princess of Monaco, but I think that it was meant that Caroline may pass away before Albert, since she is older, so Andrea may be the most likely to receive the throne. But Caroline does have a good chance of becomming princess. We'll never know until the day comes.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Courtier

Victoria & Felipe!
Old 05-26-2007, 05:12 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by acdc1
I think Frederik will do a great job as king of Denmark, as he seems very down-to-earth and connected with the people.
I agree, I have the impression that the Danish people really love him, for his down-to-earth personality and his cute remarks and warm gestures towards the crowds and the people. However, being a monarch is more than that, but I think we will see great things from him in the future, I know he will make a fantastic monarch, it just seems to me as if he hasn't prepared himself that well for the role yet.
Old 07-07-2007, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Victoria of Sweden
Old 09-18-2007, 08:29 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative - Belgium

I voted for Haakon of Norway
Old 09-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Courtier

My vote goes to Felipe. His dedication shows more when he became a father.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

UK Charles or Sweden Victoria
Old 12-12-2007, 02:06 AM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

Felipe, Victoria and Guillaume of Luxembourg, he's very young but serious and seems very commited to his future role.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:47 AM
Courtier

My vote goes to Felipe of Spain.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:47 AM
Royal Highness

I voted for Victoria of Sweden
Old 01-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Cool

My vote is for Victoria of Sweden
Old 01-03-2008, 03:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

This was a difficult task to choose the best future monarch. I hesitated between Victoria and Felipe and at the end I chose Victoria.
1. Victoria
2. Felipe
3. Willem-Alexander
Old 04-09-2008, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

Victoria of Sweden will be the best. she's got everything!
Old 04-09-2008, 11:29 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

I have voted for Willem Alexander since he's got it all: Well prepared because he has started taking his job seriously when he met Maxima / his beloved father died, acceptance within the public, a fantastic consort, nice family. My next two choices would be CP Victoria (although we still don't know her husband and there is always the whole package about a reign) and Charles Prince of Wales (although I believe that there will be tough times ahead of him after the death of HM plus this Diana / Camilla issue will always be in the back of our minds).
Old 04-09-2008, 12:02 PM
Heir Apparent

I wonder why Victoria and Felipe at the moment have the most votes - they have not yet shown their potential, IMHO. If experience counts, then Charles of Wales is the best, because of what he has been through in his personal life (Diana/Camilla, need to raise two half-orphaned sons etc.) and the compassion he shows to the people because of that. Victoria and Felipe, nice though they are, don't have an idea yet what being king/queen means: making the choices, for better and for worse.

So my second place goes to Haakon for the choice he made in his wife, how he fought for his love and how he reigned when his father was so ill.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 04-09-2008, 12:27 PM
Heir Apparent

I think at this time Felipe would be the strongest candidate because he works hard, appears dedicated to the job and mroe importantly seems devoted to his country. Moreover thanks to his work through the Prince of Asturias Awards he is internationally known in a way that the others are not.

I would have voted for Charles because he has maturity and experience over the other contenders. However, I cannot help but feel he is more than a little disconnected from people.
Old 04-11-2008, 04:56 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

If lightning struck and whiped out some of the reigning monarchs the only successor I see fully prepared on this day is Prince Charles. All others would struggle IMO, some more (esp. Frederik of Denmark and Felipe of Spain due to lack of charisma) some less (Willem Alexander of the Netherlands). Let's hope at least the younger generation has another 10 years to prepare and raise their kids to an older age.