The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion and Style Part 4: March 2012 - November 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Both QE and Camilla would benefit from better underpinnings, IMO. Also think with the silver hair, jewel tones are a better choice.

I think this particular look is very lovely for Camila. The jacket and the shoes provide a good contrast to the light beige.

She looks frumpy though. I don't think the style of the top suits her.

LaRae

I think with Camilla, it is very apparent when she has made an effort with her appearance and when she has not. She clearly looks much better when she has had her hair and makeup done. also, I think she has put on weight in the last 2-3 years, which clearly impacts the overall look.

For sure. Also the hysterectomy a few years ago plays havoc on your metabolism. And she spends way less time riding now.

One of Camilla's "summer staples", the navy blue spotted dress and blue jacket, were out in use in Wales today. She probably has got her money's worth out of this outfit, it has probbaly been used >20 times over the last 4-5 years, and it still looks very smart.

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image[/QUOTE]

It's a nice look, and I love her handbag. That's a sweet photo of the couple as well.

Camilla looks lovely, and I like the dress and the jacket.
However, don't mean to be rude, but I wish she wore more supportive undergarments.

A wonderful picture of the couple indeed. :)

That's true, Artemisia, the jacket doesn't fit well across the top. Ah, but Charles so likes what he sees!:wub:

Last edited:
I am happy that Charles likes what he sees... He is Always in well-tailored and dapper looking apparel that fits him to perfection! I just wish some of that would rub off on Camilla and her ill-fitting outfits. Perhaps his tailor could show her. Hmm? :)

Their Highnesses look very lovely in that photo, and Camila's outfit is very flattering as well. The way Charles looks at his wife is very sweet. I think he more than likes what he sees, which is delightful to notice.

Last edited:
I did not mean to sound snarky. It is lovely to see that Charles is happy and it shows just how much in this photo.

Well, it is true that Camilla could benefit from the expertise of a good seamstress and supportive undergarments.

The duchess of Cornwall looks nice in this outfit with the spotted dress and blue jacket plus pearls add a touch of elegance.

Very true, indeed, Baroness. But you say things in a much better way than I do! I so wish I had your talent.

I agree, the ensemble really works for her. She has had this outfit for 5-6 years, and uses it extensively.

Women in their mid/late 60s tend to! :whistling:

Age doesn't make women look frumpy, lack of style and good undergarments do. Lots of older women look terrific. They know how to dress.

Absolutely delightful, and I do love those brooches. I'm so glad that some members of the British Royal Family wear blue relatively often. It's one of my favorite colors, and it doesn't hurt that they all look great in it.

The Duchess of Cornwall in white and beige on the Island of Sark today, July 20, 2012 - one of the combinations that look best on her:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Great balance between white and beige. I love the brooch too. I think overall, the Duchess looks very nice.

I appreciate the pansy pattern in honor of the event, but it's just too busy and cluttered for me. I think if the dress had random flowers interspersed against a solid background, it would have looked nicer. It also seems to be elasticized in the waist and hips. But I like the style of her dress and the handbag.

I think the Duchess looks very attractive in this dress and the style certainly suits her figure.

I think what hit me first about Camilla's outfit was that it looked so darned comfortable. Kind of light a breezy which really does fit in with a flower show.

:previous:
It does look very comfortable.
I actually like the pattern; quite apart from matching the theme of the show, it's also rather nice on its own. The bag is gorgeous, always loved it.

Re the fan she is carrying:- the background picture is The Queen's House at Greewich, with horses across the front. A nod to the fact she is partron of the British Equestrian Federation. Nice touch

Thanks for that tidbit of information; I was wondering about the fan's design.

I like the style of the dress; it definitely suits Camila. The pattern is a bit much, but the fact that it looks comfortable makes up for it. The bag is beautiful, and I love the fan.

I like this dress, and I don't mind the pattern one bit. It fits. I would like to see more of this.

Personally, I feel if you're going to go for a busy pattern it's better to go the whole hog like this dress. Dresses where the pattern is more splotchy tend to look like my 4 year old nephew has been let those with the finger paints.

I think Camilla looks great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom