The Countess of Wessex's Fashion & Style, Part 3: June 2011 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wanted to say that Edward and Sophie done us proud during this wedding - they both looked great and represented the United Kingdom well! Sophie looked really lovely all the way through and I have to say that to me Edward has never looked more handsome than in his white uniform.

For some reason it always annoys me to see Edward in uniform, with ribbons and medals he hasn't earned!

I understand about honorary military appointments, but it still bothers me! :bang:

Haha, you and me both. Edward is handsome in a specific way, but this uniform made him look ever so dashing. I really liked it. I am sure she complimented him, as he did her. I should hope, at least!

Sophie's clothes recently have been lovely, I look forward to seeing what she's going to wear to Zara and Mike's wedding.

You guys are too funny! I have always thought Edward was the better looking of the three 3 brothers. Yes Andrew was " Hearthrob" I guess in his younger days & Charles was just the heir to the throne. Edward looks a lot like his father in his younger days. What Edward has going for him is the fact that he looks good for his age & he seems to have kept in shape over the years. If he had a full head of hair he might be rated higher in looks in the eyes of some people. Nevertherless hair or no hair Sophie does'nt seem to mind....LOL!

Last edited:
You guys are too funny! I have always thought Edward was the better looking of the three 3 brothers. Yes Andrew was " Hearthrob" I guess in his younger days & Charles was just the heir to the throne. Edward looks a lot like his father in his younger days. What Edward has going for him is the fact that he looks good for his age & he seems to have kept in shape over the years. If he had a full head of hair he might be rated higher in looks in the eyes of somepeople. Nevertherless hair or no hair Sophie does'nt seem to mind....LOL!

Edward is definitely the best looking out of the Queen's son's, especially in his younger days. He was a BEAUTIFUL child as well, with his adorable blonde hair and angelic looks. I never thought Charles of Andrew had anything going for them, in my opinion. Sophie definitely picked the best looking Prince. I agree that Edward does look good for his age, even if he lost his hair at a young age, and Sophie clearly doesn't care, as you mentioned. They're a good looking couple too, who have gotten even more handsome/beautiful with age. I did really like Edward in the white suit. I know i've said it several times, but he really did!

I hope that no one marries a man for his hair???!!! :)

And yes, he has grown better with age. She has always been pretty, but she seem to has come into her own lately.

In regards to his medals, they are his. Hi did actually finish Sandhurst, which is no small feat, but he dropped out of the Marines, as many men do. They just don't get press attention. So give the guy a break. He may not be a he-man, but he seems like a wonderful husband and father. To me that is the most important.

And yes, he has grown better with age. She has always been pretty, but she seem to has come into her own lately.

In regards to his medals, they are his. Hi did actually finish Sandhurst, which is no small feat, but he dropped out of the Marines, as many men do. They just don't get press attention. So give the guy a break. He may not be a he-man, but he seems like a wonderful husband and father. To me that is the most important.

Nicely put all together :flowers: ;)

The hair bit was me making a joke:ROFLMAO: I see you were joking back with me. My husband is completely bald & I happen to think it's more appealing. I never quite understood why he gets a hard time about uniforms. Here in the U.S. if you enlist & you serve and are properly discharged you are considered a Veteran. You keep your uniforms & whatever medals you earn for life and there is no issue with you wearing the uniform for whatever occasion you decide to wear it such as weddings for example. I guess my question is wasn't he in the military for a couple of years? If so what's the big deal then? Also I agree with you he does seem to be a wonderful husband & father. If I ever had the choice of the 3 he would been the one I went with.

I never quite understood why he gets a hard time about uniforms. Here in the U.S. if you enlist & you serve and are properly discharged you are considered a Veteran. You keep your uniforms & whatever medals you earn for life and there is no issue with you wearing the uniform for whatever occasion you decide to wear it such as weddings for example. I guess my question is wasn't he in the military for a couple of years? If so what's the big deal then? .

No, he was not in the military; he dropped out of training after a couple of months and never served.

I'm not even certain why it bothers me so much, because I do understand about honorary appointments, and that they are frequently given to people who have never been in the military. It just strikes me as hypocritical or something. :flowers:

Last edited:
I agree, Edward would definitely be my choice too. Sophie picked a good one!

I think it's right that Edward dropped out, especially if he was unhappy. At least he was true to himself. I don't have a problem with him wearing the uniforms and medals, as he has got honorary appointments from the Queen for certain regiments. Sophie also has honourary appointments, and though she doesn't wear the uniform, she still holds the title for it.

I wish we could see more images of Edward and Sophie at the dinner after the civil cermony as that dress was beautiful. I noticed that Edward's tie sort of matched Sophie's dress. Cute. And he had a blue tie on the day they arrived and she had a blue dress on. I wonder if this is done on purpose.

The Countess was well turned out at the wedding. I love the color hue of her blue dress especially.

Please remember that this is not a thread about the Earl of Wessex, but about the fashion of the Countess of Wessex!

Does any one know who the maker of the blue dress Sophie wore when she arrived in Monaco? It's absolutely beautiful. :)

Does any one know who the maker of the blue dress Sophie wore when she arrived in Monaco? It's absolutely beautiful. :)

I also would like know :)
The dress suits to the fantastic.She was wore this dress previously on Royal Ascot and on Buckingham Garden Party ,this year ;)

It is such a lovely colour. I though the one from Ascot was darker but perhaps you're right, it does look very similar. She wears blue very well.

Sophie is 46 WOW she looks great for her age. I love the dress she wore for the reception of the civil ceremony. You are right she did look like Cinderella. Sophie is a beauty and I am so glad to have checked this forum out. She is very stylish and doesn't get much coverage so I don't see many pics of her outfits. It is nice to see them here. Loved Ascot outfits and her hats are so much fun! Keep the pics coming!!! Please

This dress is beautiful on the Countess. I'm glad she wore the soft shawl over it to tone down the shiny fabric of the dress. Her clutch is pretty as well.

Wow! She looks great. She needs more dresses that have a cut like that.

I agree she has looked all during the summer and I really do like the colour of that cocktail dress on her. I also think her hair has done a lot for her new look .. just lovely no other words.

She looked nice. I like this hair color on her, it makes her look younger and more vibrant.

Very nice look on the Countess. She's looking very young and energetic.

A shift dress isn't flattering on many middle-aged ladies, but Sophie looks great in hers. In fact, I think that she looks better in her dress than Kate looks in the green one. :flowers:

Gotta agree that of the four ladies Sophie seems to be the style winner.
The tailored shift looks wonderful on her figure and her hair seems very soft and young.

I thought her hair looked a lot blonder in the images of the party. I like it. The dress was beautiful, but I am bit bummed that it was nude...still, she looked lovely.

I think Catherine's dress was a beautiful colour, but I still think she's incredibly thing. Sophie's dress suited her figure, as do all of her close fitting dresses. My favourite outfit of hers recently is definitely the dress she wore to Prince Albert and Princess Charlene's wedding. She looked amazing.

Last edited:
I agree - Sophie looked fantastic!

The outfits is simple and elegance :) ,she looks gorgeous
I love the color ;)

I 2nd that! Is that pink or beige? The skirt looks odd... but she is still best dressed!

Last edited:
Sophie looked wonderful at the wedding, especially her hat. I know i've said that in just about every thread, but it is a beautiful hat!

detail of hair

hat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom